Angry Wolf and His Deaf Mate

Oleh Nefertel

Nai's always felt different, been made to feel like he is a freak. A move to a new town should be a chance fo... Lebih Banyak

Nai
Asher
Nai
Asher
Nai
Asher
Nai
Asher
Nai
Asher
Nai
Asher
Max
Clay
Epilogue
Spin-off
In Time - Part 1
In Time - Part 2
Save Me - Part 2
My Saviour - Part 1
My Saviour - Part 2
Second Chances - Part 1
Second Chances - Part 2
Second Chances - Part 3
New Start - Part 1
New Start - Part 2
New Start - Part 3

Save Me - Part 1

246 13 0
Oleh Nefertel

"Useless piece of shit! Get your ass here now!"

I jumped as the booming voice of my father, the alpha, floated up the attic stairs. Not that it mattered but I quickly raced to him, though with my injured body it wasn't easy. No matter what I did or how fast I did it. It wouldn't stop him from getting madder than he already was, nothing I did was ever good enough.

His cold, topaz eyes glared at me as I lowered my head and stood before him. Without a word, he kicked me. His huge foot connected with my stomach and the force of it sent me flying backwards into the wall.

My head made contact with the solid surface with a loud bang. Stars danced behind my vision as I tried to stop myself from blacking out. My back erupted in pain as the lash marks from the previous night's punishment connected with the wall.

It wasn't like this before.

As a child, my father would often smile and laugh with me. He always found time to play with me if I wanted him to. Especially after my mother passed away. We became inseparable.

At the age of thirteen, my shift had taken my father by surprise in two ways. One, it had come on so suddenly neither of us had time to be prepared and two, I had shifted into a pure white male omega. Luckily, my father had been the only one to see me in my wolf form. Using a dark powerful voice, one I had never heard before, he instantly ordered me to shift back and tell no one.

Rumours spread around that the alpha's son was not a shifter, since I didn't join the other wolves of my age in their first shifts and runs. Father moved my room to the attic and I was ordered to never leave the house. Of course, at first, I rebelled and left, but I quickly discovered that that was a bad idea.

Everyone in the pack taunted or turned away from me in disgust. My friends were no longer my friends and people that had helped raise me sneered or spat at me. Then when my father would find me he would drag me to my new room and beat me. I learned quickly to follow his rules.

"Did you hear me! Get up and get back here," he shouted.

I stood up slowly, being careful not to show any signs of weakness, though my head was still spinning. I limped back over to him and again lowered my head in submission.

"I'm sorry fa....alpha," I caught myself before I called him father.

He was no longer my father. Even if he were to stop beating me and allowed me to be free, he would never again be my father.

"I said, tomorrow we will have visitors from another pack. They will be staying for a few weeks. Two of them will stay here, so make sure their rooms are perfect. The others will stay with other pack members. Once you have done that, find enough food for two weeks and stay in your room. If you run out of food that's tough. If they see, smell or hear you, then you will be in trouble," he growled.

I nodded and set off to do as I was told. Once the two bedrooms were as good as I could make them, I collected food that wouldn't spoil and locked myself in my room. These next two weeks could be seen as a blessing and as torture.

The next day I heard the visitors arrive, listened to my father greet them warmly and then cried into my pillow. I can't even remember the last time he spoke to me that nicely. I stared up at the ceiling and tried to picture my mother's smiling face. As well as her voice when she would sing me a lullaby. Her face and voice would come for only a second before a flair of pain would distract me, bringing me back to my harsh reality.

That night, once I was sure everyone was fast asleep, I snuck out. I would often do this so that I could go outside and feel the fresh air, though I knew to stay for only a few minutes.

As soon as I stepped outside and felt the cool spring wind on my skin I sighed. I stared up at the full moon, my silent wolf stirring slightly. Ever since the day father beat me and ordered me to shift back, I haven't felt him. That small stirring, when a full moon is high in the dark sky, is the only time I know he's still there.

"Hello,"

Jumping like a cat on a hot plate, I spun around to see a young man my age smiling at me. Instantly, I felt a pull to him, like a large rope had suddenly connected us both. His light green eyes sparkled in the moonlight as he slowly took a step towards me. His olive skin called out to be touched and my body burned with the need for him to touch me, to claim me. When he took a step forward I stepped back.

"Stop!" I tried speaking in my most commanding voice. However, I knew it was weak.

"Please, don't say you've seen me, " I begged him. "Forget me, ask no one about me and don't look for me."

These words sounded bitter in my mouth but I had to say them. If he asked my dad about the boy he saw, I would die for sure.

He took another step towards me and again I stepped back.

"Please," I begged again before quietly rushing back to my room.

My heart was pounding like someone was hammering on my chest, as I quietly shut the door and climbed into bed. Well, bed might be the wrong word. It was just a few old, moth-eaten blankets piled up. In one corner I had a box for what little clothes I had and in the other, nothing.

I was allowed nothing to read, write or play with. The only source of light I had was a small window high up. It was lucky I had some of my wolf's abilities like good eyesight and high body temperature. Though it was weak it allowed me to stay warmer than I would have been.

All night every little sound near my door had me freezing. Waiting for the door to open and my death to start. Thankfully, the sun rose with no sudden visits from my father.

I spent the day rationing my food and peeking through the window. Neither admitting nor denying to myself that I was hoping to see that man again.

When my door banged open I panicked. Fearing my father had discovered my secret. Martha, my father's current mistress, placed a bowl of water down along with some cloth. She sneered at me and then left.

I allowed my lungs to breathe with relief as I collapsed on the floor. As I laid there I pictured his eyes and sighed. No one's eyes had ever looked so beautiful before. Those green eyes reminded me of the early morning grass just as the sun hits it.

For several nights I stayed in my room, though I longed to feel the wind I knew it wouldn't be wise. I had a lucky escape this time but I might not be so lucky next time.

---

After the fifth night, I needed to leave. This time I waited slightly longer before I left my room. I could hear my father and Martha sleeping, as well as two others. I figured those were the guests.

Once outside I stuck to the shadows in case someone came by. When I was sure I was alone I leaned against the cool brick wall and closed my eyes. There was no breeze tonight but the cold bricks provided a good alternative. The silence didn't seem so deafening here, it was peaceful.

"Something is strange."

My body froze as my eyes shot open. I shrunk back as two figures came out of the door from the main living area. Thankfully I had exited through the kitchen door, so I knew they wouldn't catch my scent.

"I agree." It was green eyes speaking.

He stepped into the moonlight and I almost took a step towards him. The pull was strong.

"I am almost certain he had a child. I clearly remember your mother complaining about being childless when we told her before she found you."

The other voice came from an older looking man. I am sure he is an alpha, he has that aura about him.

"Yeah, she often says it was fate that brought me to her," green eyes chuckled and I almost groaned.

"When I first asked about where his son was he changed the topic. When I ask other members of this pack, many of them glance at this house and then do the same."

Green eyes nodded and looked around. I thought he had sensed me and I was about to leave when his voice stopped me.

"Maybe his son is dead and that's why he changes the subject or ..."

Dead? I wanted to scoff. No the alpha's son isn't dead though I am sure he wished I was.

"Or what Max," the older man said.

I wanted to say his name, feel it on my tongue but I knew I should wait until I got back to my room.

"Or that scared guy I met on our first night here is his son. He looks like him. If it is him then I don't understand why he is nowhere to be found." he said.

Deciding I had lingered long enough I quietly crept back to my room. Careful not to alert the two men.

Sleep was impossible that night as images of green eyes or Max as I know now, filled my mind. His smooth voice and handsome face sent shivers down my spine. I knew enough to know I was attracted to him, but I had no idea what that meant.

--

The next morning I was startled out of my daydreaming by my father banging the door as he barged in and up the stairs. I quickly moved to be in a seated submissive position when he came in. My head was lowered, which meant I had a good view of his boot flying towards me.

I managed to lift my head before it connected with my face. Instead, it made contact with my chest, sending me crashing backwards. I coughed and groaned as I felt and heard a few ribs break.

"You little shit!" he seethed as he continued to kick me.

I curled up trying to protect my chest and face. Father grabbed my arms and pulled me up before punching me in the stomach. His hand on my upper arm prevented me from falling or running.

My face erupted in pain as his fist connected with my head. I could feel blood seeping out when he finally allowed me to fall. Quickly I moved to the seated position as best I could. My head swam and I felt like I was going to blackout.

"You've sneaked out for more food, haven't you? Martha caught your scent in the kitchen," he asked angrily.

I barely registered his question, my focus was on his fists. My blood dripped from his knuckles.

"Answer me!" he yelled as he kicked me.

I nodded instead of speaking. It wasn't true but no matter what I said he wouldn't believe me anyway.

The beating continued until, for the first time ever, someone stopped him. I was vaguely aware of him stopping, someone shouting and a soft touch to my skin.

Who was it I wonder?

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

100K 3.5K 26
Aiden had moved to a small town, not knowing what it was really about. What he thought was a small, friendly town is actually something more dangero...
696K 31K 31
Micah wanted nothing but to finish the last year of highschool so that he could take his father's place as Alpha. What happens when he finds out that...
854 32 16
After Craig moves to a new school he finds how hard it is to make friends when you know no one. Craig has a very shy nature and always tries hard in...
5.2M 278K 83
Oliver's life turns upside down when he learns that werewolves exist and one of them is his mate, but things get dangerous when he starts to learn mo...