Eternal Sleep (Eddie x Fem!R...

By g0ttal0ve101

"๐™ธ'๐š•๐š• ๐š–๐šŠ๐š”๐šŽ ๐šข๐š˜๐šž ๐š–๐š’๐š—๐šŽ...๐šŠ๐š—๐š ๐šœ๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š• ๐šข๐š˜๐šž ๐š’๐š— ๐šŠ ๐š‹๐šŽ๐šŠ๐šž๐š๐š’๐š๐šž๐š• ๐šœ๐š๐š˜๐š—๐šŽ ๐š•๐š’๐š ๐š๐š˜๏ฟฝ... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
โœฟ End โœฟ
โœฟ End โœฟ
โ˜ฝ End โ˜ฝ
[A/N]
โœฟ Eddie's Birthday Special โœฟ

Chapter Twenty

776 34 54
By g0ttal0ve101

Eddie held (Y/n) up on his back, creeping into Cathy's floor stealthy. The front gate had already been opened with freshly shot bullet holes in the concrete floor. He nervously looked up at the camera, waiting for Cathy to scold them and laugh at them.

But she never came.

After at least a minute, Eddie continued onto the floor, trying to his best to keep his composure for (Y/n). He had taken lots of pain killers before exiting his floor (without telling (Y/n) so she wouldn't prevent him) and was now feeling awfully sleepy again. His arms were trembling from holding up (Y/n)'s weight, even though he would've usually been able to hold her with no problem.

"The elevator...just get to the elevator..." the boy repeated over and over again in his head. He could feel his body wanting to give out at any second.

(Y/n) suddenly dropped from his back, holding him up. Even she could feel that something was wrong. "Hey...is your wound okay? You're trembling..." (Y/n) explains her concern as she felt his arms to confirm her suspicions.

"Y-Yeah...I'm fine..." Eddie stammered. He felt lucky that he had given her the right amount instead of too much, like himself.

"Where are we?" She questions, knowing full well that he wasn't okay.

Eddie looked around, grabbing (Y/n)'s hand. "We're on B3...and...almost to the elevator..." he then looked on the ground, seeing a blood trail which led from the shooting grounds to the elevator. He paused, letting (Y/n) go and resting her by the large metal doors. "Hey...the elevator is in use right now. Zack and Rachel must be on the other side..."

(Y/n) clenched her hands close to her chest, in a bit of pain from the bruises on her wrists. Danny had tightened the restraints after she head-butted him and damaged her left eye. Now, there were gruesome wounds where he had held her down. Quietly, she whimpers out, "What are we going to do?" Eddie doesn't reply.

(Y/n) reaches her pocket to grab her dagger, but realizes she had left it on Danny's floor. With a soft curse word, she sighed. "Eddie, I left my knife down on B5..."

"It's okay...I have my gun...I'll protect you...um..." Eddie rubs his watery eyes, knowing he could fall asleep at any second. "...hey...we can take just a short break before we go to Gray's floor...we're so close to the exit..."

(Y/n) heard the exhaustion in his voice, growing highly concerned. "How many pain killers did you take?"

Eddie bit his tongue. She figured it out. "Enough that I can't feel my pain anymore..."

"Eddie!"

"Please don't be mad!" He cries. "I only wanted to help you! If I felt my pain, I wouldn't of been able to walk...and you can't see so...!"

(Y/n) moves the scarf from her left eye gently. "I can see you, it's just really blurry. I think it'll get better in due time, so I'm not entirely blind...I hope..."

Eddie grabbed her hands that were so tightly held to her chest. She squeezed back, feeling helpless. "...When we get out of here I promise to make this all up. It's my fault any of this happened anyway. I was being selfish and wanted to kill Rachel even though you warned me..."

(Y/n) shook her head. "It's not your fault. Don't tell yourself that. It's...Zack's fault."

For a moment, the ginger didn't say a word. He was lost deeply in his thoughts, as if he were remembering something. Then, he adjusted the scarf back into place over both of her eyes. "The elevator has been stopped for a few minutes...I'm sure Rachel and Zack have headed off further into the floor, we can sneak up there now."

(Y/n) stood up, grabbing onto Eddie's hand for guidance. "I don't know. Maybe we should stay down here until-"

"No, if Zack and Rachel manage to make it out, the end announcement will take place." He warned, holding his gun in the opposite hand he held (Y/n)'s with. "I guess no one really went over that with you, but...the end announcement means that the experiment has come to an end and that we'll all have to stay on our floors..." he paused, his lips quivering a bit. "...and burn to death with the building..."

(Y/n)'s heart splattered. "What?! Burn to death?! The building gets lit on fire?!"

Eddie nods before realizing she couldn't see the response. "Mhm. And we can't leave because the experiment has to be kept a secret. No survivors."

(Y/n) hated the idea of Eddie remaining in a burning building crying out for help. In fact, it seemed to be in her very nightmares that something like that would happen to such a kind boy like him. Although, she wouldn't have really minded if it was herself in that situation. "That's a horrible thought."

"Mhm, let's get out of here as quickly as possible..." Eddie yawned, his eyes growing heavy. He then wrapped his arms around her, hugging her tightly before clicking the button to open the elevator doors. With a horrible screech, the doors both opened, allowing the two of them to enter. (Y/n) held onto Eddie's arm with fear of becoming lost, trying desperately to remain as calm as Eddie seemed to be. However, Eddie wasn't calm at all, he was just exhausted to the point his nervousness faded away. He was so tired in fact, he didn't even notice the huge amount of blood sprayed on the floor.

"Can we...take another break...?" He asks, continuing to snap his head back up from almost drifting off.

"What? Rachel and Zack are on this floor, we can't!" The young girl protested, not able to see Eddie on the verge of passing out right then and there.

Eddie wobbles a bit before needing to lean against the wall. He had never felt this tired in his entire life and at the worst time too. "It's funny, cause I thought...I wasn't too tired and we continue...but now I don't think..."

"H-Hey! What are you saying? We'll make it out of here!" (Y/n) assured him. "And you should be careful with that gun! You'll-!"

Eddie's legs gave out, causing him to fall into the puddle of blood, luckily not head first. (Y/n) almost toppled over top of him, before catching herself and pulling her arm away from his grip. "Hey! Hey! Eddie, stay awake, okay? You can't-!"

"(Y/n)..." Eddie smiled with a bubbly feeling in his stomach. He then lifted himself up onto her, giggling. "...oopsie..."

"Eddie," she nervously mumbled, holding him up. Her wrists ached, but other than that she wasn't in much pain. "hey. Make sure you don't fall asleep, no matter what. We aren't safe yet."

After hearing the urgency in her voice, Eddie shifts more of his weight over to his side rather than hers, trying his best not to pass out right then and there. He felt stupid for taking more pain killers than needed, especially when his beloved was on the line. "I'm sorry...I should've sucked up the pain..."

"It's not your fault. We took all the medicine from Danny's floor so if the pain does come back after a few hours, then I have more pain killers. I have bandages too, in case your wound opens back up-!"

The elevator doors opening interrupted (Y/n)'s statement, startling her if anything. Eddie sighed, holding onto (Y/n) as she stood up, almost falling again. "I'm so...tired...I-I don't think I can make it t-too far without..."

"You're okay. I promise, it's going to be fine. Just try your best to lead us somewhere safe so that you don't pass out on the spot."

Eddie thought hard, knowing the layout to Gray's floor. However, his mind wasn't clicking because of his exhaustion. "Um...w-we would need to know where..."

. . .

(Y/n) squeezed Eddie's arm tighter, confused as to why he stopped speaking abruptly. "H-Hey?"

Eddie stared at Zack's seemingly lifeless corpse, leaning against the wall with blood spewing from his stomach. His bandages were soaking wet, his scythe only a few inches out of his reach. The sight began to grow blurry through Eddie's eyes, his ears ringing with his heart beat. He was going to pass out.

"No...I can't...he's right there...and (Y/n) can't see...!

(Y/n) felt Eddie grow limp again, causing her to panic. He had fallen unconscious, just as she had prayed wouldn't happen. Quickly, she pulled the red scarf from her left eye, barely seeing Eddie's serene expression. She definitely couldn't carry him around, knowing he was wounded severely. One wrong move and those stitches would snap.

(Y/n) felt like she couldn't breathe.

"I'll...be right back, Eddie." She muttered, scooting him near the wall and adjusting the scarf once again. She didn't see Zack who was now in reach of poor Eddie, continuing down the hall.

"Gray. Maybe I could find Gray and he could help us..." she thought to herself with a sigh. The idea was far fetched, but it was better than nothing.

Brushing her hand against the wall, she made her way towards the sanctuary where Gray usually sat and played organ. She could hear it softly playing, giving her more faith that he would be there to help her.

Only a few minutes went by, but it had felt like hours as she made her way down the long and empty hallway. She felt weak and stupid considering she couldn't even see where she was going. She had even managed to trip over her own feet a few times and land straight on her face. What was she doing all alone like this? This was stupid, she should just turn back. That's what she thought until knocking into something else.

"Ow, ow..." (Y/n) whined, rubbing her forehead where she had smacked it. As she tried to stand up, she was met with a pleasant surprise. Well, maybe it wasn't so pleasant but (Y/n) had hope it was.

"Are you alright?"

The sound of Rachel's calm yet eerie voice rang through (Y/n)'s ears. She then felt Rachel help her up, only to push her away and back up. "Rachel..."

Rachel was quiet for a second. "Your eyes," she pointed at them as she spoke. "did Doctor do that?"

"Yeah." (Y/n) spat, feeling her anger toward her swell up in her chest. "Why do you care?"

"Zack needs medicine, is Doctor still alive?" Rachel replied without any change in her monotone voice.

(Y/n) backed further away. The truth was, she had looted the floor for all of its medicine after Danny was shot. However, she wouldn't want to tell Rachel that. She knew that the young girl was armed and merciless when it came to her oath with Zack. With a deep breath, (Y/n) answered smoothly. "Danny was dead when we got there. There's probably still medicine on his floor."

Rachel lifted an eyebrow, reaching for her handbag before stopping herself. Even if she did threaten (Y/n) with the gun she had, it wouldn't do much. After all, she couldn't even see it. "Don't get in my way." The blonde hissed before walking past her.

"Wait, hey! We're not done talking!" (Y/n) shouted. The rage she felt inside her stomach grew more and more with every second she heard her voice.

"I think we are." Rachel continued to storm down the hallway, only for a pink gas to overcome her senses. (Y/n) was caught in the fog as well, immediately trying to get away from it. Unable to see, she crept further into it rather than out.
The two then blacked out simultaneously.

*~~*~~*~~*~~*

Zack's breaths grew heavier and heavier as blood poured from his wounds. Without the bandages he already had on, he would have definitely been a goner by now. His eyes opened just a bit, seeing the empty hall before him. Closing his eyes again, his pain grew more intense by the minute. How he wished he could just stay unconscious just like—

"Wait a damn minute." Zack's gaze locked towards the floor, seeing Eddie's body laid out peacefully. He didn't react much, just resting his head against the wall and swearing under his breath. "That little brat made it? How in the hell...? He's out cold...must've been too weak to stay up."

Zack sat up, only to have more blood squish out of his wound like jelly. He winced before reaching for his scythe only to fail. Eddie's wounded stomach went up and down steadily, despite the gory gash that was a deep red. Zack examined him for a few minutes. It had been awhile since he saw Eddie's face underneath the mask he wore. He saw his freckled cheeks, shoulders, and chest, his pale ginger hair, and the calm expression he made as he slept. It was almost as if he was in the coffin he had left him in.

"Eddie, huh? Never thought about it before, but..." Zack closed his eyes again. "he's a kid...just like I was when I left that damn place. And he's just as weak as the kids there." A sense of sympathy then flooded Zack's system, causing him to frown. "How the hell you make it outta there, Eddie? Must've been a miracle."

With a sigh, Zack leaned forward and grabbed Eddie's arm, falling on his stomach. "Shit...! Oi, oi! Wake up!"
Eddie's face was unmoved, still peaceful and unharmed, his hands in the air as he slept like a baby. Angered by the peace, Zack grabs his wrist and yells. "OI! WAKE UP!"

This time, obviously hearing the adult's scream, Eddie jerked up and immediately lifted his revolver up, pointing it directly at Zack's forehead. Zack wasn't phased. Maybe it was because he was a child and the bandaged man was doubtful that he would do anything or maybe it was because he was unbothered by the thought of death at the moment. Whatever it was, Zack coldly stared into Eddie's green irises, almost to discipline him. "You up, eh?"

"Where's (Y/n)?" Eddie's voice wobbled. This made Zack less tense than he already was, knowing the ginger boy was just puffing up his chest to look empowered.

"I don't fuckin' know. Where's Ray?"

Eddie squinted his eyes, lifting his chin more to seem more intimidating. The sight of it almost made Zack chuckle. "Dunno. Looks like we both have the same answer."

"I hate lies, so you better be tellin' the truth before you regret it, pumpkin face."

"I am telling the truth, dragon breath."

As usual, the two couldn't help but to bicker. However, the arguing came to a halt after only a few seconds, considering the two of them were both worried for their companion. While Zack laid on the ground, hardly able to move, Eddie had an easy shot to his head, and could move around more freely. The thought of it gave him chills. He never felt so in power in all of his life. It felt good. No, it felt weird. Zack was at his mercy now.

And looking into his cold, cold, eyes, Eddie could only think of one thing.

His older brother, Albert.

Eddie's skinny fingers trembled on the trigger. His heart felt heavy, but his mind was at ease. If he could just take this shot, if he could just turn those eyes into the dead ones he always sought to find in his brother's, maybe the pain he had would just go away. He was in control. He could hurt him. He could kill him. It was his chance to prove he was strong.

Zack's eyes widen. He could see Eddie's fingers on the trigger, but the gun was no longer pointed to his hooded head. No, it was pointed towards his own.

"Hey, shit-head...OI!"

"I'm tired." Eddie stated without a single emotion throughout his voice. His eyes that were once seeking Zack's demise turned dull like Rachel's. "I'm so, so, tired. I'm tired of being everyone's punching bag. I'm tired of making people mine. I'm tired of being me."

Zack clenched his teeth. "Oi...where the hell is this coming from?! You were just pointin' that gun straight at my fuckin' head! Why the hell is it pointed at yours?!"

"Because I realized something." Eddie answered with tears now filling the brims of his eyes. Zack's eyebrows grew hunched together despite his constant fight to have a blank face, obviously growing concerned. "I realized I was in power. I could kill you. But I'm not strong enough to."

"What...? That makes no damn sense-!"

"YOU'RE WRONG!" Eddie clenched his eyes shut, the hot tears streaming down his face while the gun was still pointed at his temple. "Y-You're wrong...I...I tried to pull t-the trigger...I wanted to pull it...but I couldn't...!" He shook his head. "I couldn't."

Zack, not understanding, tried to lift himself up. "Listen, fuckhead. You pull that trigger and I'm alone. I don't want to watch your tantrum, it makes no sense. Weak? Couldn't? Bullshit. You could easily pull that trigger without a second thought. You even tried to kill me back on yer floor! So this stuff about you not being able to kill me is a bunch of bull."

"...You're like him."

"Huhhh?"

Eddie smiled, lowering the gun and setting it on his lap. "You're like my big brother. When I looked at you that time, I saw him...I saw him." Zack rested his back against the wall, trying to listen to what Eddie was trying to say. His face became more lively as he grinned almost wistfully, closing his eyes. "I love my big brother. That's why I couldn't shoot you."

Zack felt confused and hurt. Eddie was talking in riddles he couldn't understand, now saying he loved him? It felt like a fever dream.

"You probably don't understand, but...before I came here, my older brother would hurt me. He would come into my room and beat me every night to let out his pent up frustrations." Eddie explained, staring down at the gun that was once pointed to his head. "He told me I was weak. And after awhile, I wanted to kill him. One night, I knew I had the chance. I grabbed a knife from the kitchen and went into his room to stab him to death as he slept."

Zack began to remember vivid memories that were stored in the back of his mind about stabbing the orphanage headmasters, growing more understanding as to how he felt. Eddie continued, now with Zack's full attention.

"But, as I was on top of him, lifting the knife above my head, I couldn't move. My arms wouldn't move like I told them to. My hands trembled. I was frozen in place." Eddie locked eye contact with Zack, smiling just a bit. "Even though I kill to make things mine, Albert was an exception. I knew I loved him. I knew I wanted him to be mine. But I was too weak to kill him."

Before he could add on, Zack interjected. "Oi, I don't know much about love, or weakness, or any of that shit you just spewed out. But I do know that you sure as hell ain't that weak. Just cause you didn't have the balls to pull that trigger right now, don't mean nothing. You fought me one on one with a fuckin' shovel. To a scythe! You ain't weak."

Eddie sniffled. "B-But...!"

"No buts! You think of me as yer older brother that beat the shit outta you? Go for it!" Zack grabs Eddie's wrist that held the gun, throwing daggers into his eyes. "As long as I ain't yer goddamn nanny, I don't give one fuck! Now shut up, kid. Let's find those psycho bitches and get the hell outta here so you can find your asshole brother and stop thinkin' of him when you look at me!"

The shirtless boy's eyes began to sting as his senses overflowed with tears. As much as Zack hated it, when he looked at him, he saw all of the children that were in that orphanage he had to bury. And when he saw that despair in Eddie's eyes, he no longer felt the need to make it grow, but to end it. Just as he wanted with those children. His blood thirsty natures went away for just a few minutes, grabbing Eddie and pulling him in for a hug. "Don't fuckin' kill yourself over dumb shit like that. You know that girl probably needs you or whatever. Dumbass."

Eddie was tense. He didn't know how to feel being embraced by Zack nor did he know how to respond to it. He saw his brother and Zack saw his only "siblings" he could recall. And that was that.

"Zack, I know you hate me but..." Eddie gripped into his hoodie then gave Zack a determined look. "Let's find (Y/n) and Rachel...and escape all together!"

Zack smirked maliciously. "Let's fucking do it then."

-

[Author's Note] Hey everyone! Sorry for such a delay, my mom got COVID-19 and I wasn't feeling very well for a few weeks! After I recovered, I had marching band, cyber school AND homecoming so I just did NOT get the time to write!! I swear, I am not avoiding the book, I am seriously just REALLY busy!!

Thank you so much for your support and patience on Eternal Sleep! I know this chapter was a handful, but it gets much juicer after this...

Happy October everyone!! 🎃🧡🎃

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.3K 2.8K 16
(๐ง.) ๐‘๐ž๐๐š๐ฆ๐š๐ง๐œ๐ฒ ๐š๐ง ๐š๐œ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ฌ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ; ๐š ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ซ๐ž๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ง๐ž๐ ๐ข๐ง ๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๏ฟฝ...
434K 7.2K 27
๐™ผ๐šŠ๐š›๐š๐š›๐šŽ๐š ๐š‚๐š ๐šŠ๐š— ๐š’๐šœ ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐šข๐š˜๐šž๐š—๐š๐šŽ๐š› ๐šœ๐š ๐šŠ๐š— ๐šœ๐š’๐šœ๐š๐šŽ๐š›, ๐šŠ๐š๐š˜๐š™๐š๐šŽ๐š ๐š‹๐šข ๐™ฒ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š›๐š•๐š’๐šŽ ๐šœ๐š ๐šŠ๐š— ๐šŠ๐š—๐š ๐š๐šŽ๐š—๐šŽ๐šŽ. ๐™ฑ๐šŽ๐š•๐š•๐šŠ ๏ฟฝ...
147K 4.1K 20
โ๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐’ ๐–๐€๐’ ๐๐Ž๐“ ๐€ ๐๐€๐‘๐“ ๐Ž๐… ๐Ž๐”๐‘ ๐ƒ๐„๐€๐‹, ๐Œ๐”๐๐’๐Ž๐.โž โ•ณโ•ณโ•ณโ•ณ สฌสฌ๐—๐–พ๐—…๐–ผ๐—ˆ๐—†๐–พ ๐—๐—ˆ... แœฐ ๐‘ป๐‘พ๐‘ถ ๐‘พ๐‘ถ๐‘น๐‘ณ๐‘ซ๐‘บ แœฐ โ†ณ๐–ป๐–พ๐—‚๐—‡๐—€ ๐–ผ๐—…๐–บ๐—Œ๐—Œ...
39.7K 556 40
๐€๐ง๐ง๐š๐›๐ž๐ญ๐ก ๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฌ๐ž ๐ ๐ซ๐ž๐ฐ ๐ฎ๐ฉ ๐š๐ฌ ๐š ๐…๐ข๐ฏ๐ž, ๐๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ฅ๐จ๐ฉ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐š ๐ฌ๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐ก๐š๐ญ๐ซ๐ž๐ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐œ๐š๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ฒ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ž๐ฆ...