Midnight

Af kky_claud

Midnight Achilles Arch was born different. She didn't cry when she was just delivered. She just blinked her b... Mere

0°C
25°C
3°C
6°C
-1°C
-2°C
1°C
12°C
10°C
12°C
-author-
16°C
9°C
17°C
-3°C
28 ºC
22°C
36°C
30ºC
21°C
-3°
12°C
25ºC
author's note
32°
26°
-another author's note-
- updates, im sorry -

-3°C

6.1K 359 39
Af kky_claud

MIDNIGHT

| CHAPTER FIVE |

“Midnight, did you take my straightener?” Kanda yelled as she barged into my room while I was doing my assignment. She was wearing a bathrobe, her face covered in a green mask that had a significant resemblance to vomit.

“Why would I take your straightener?” I said, not even looking at her while I spoke. Having Kanda barging into my room and asking me if I had ‘stolen’ something from her was something that happened on a regular basis.

“Well, it couldn’t have just flown away, right?” She whined before exiting my room. “Honestly, Midnight, if you wanted my straightener you could’ve just—” There was a pause and I rolled my eyes. “Never mind, I found it!”

I had been busying myself all day with different things. I woke up from a nightmare at 3 o’ clock and couldn’t seem to fall back asleep so I went up to the rooftop to look at the stars. Around 7, I came down and made breakfast for everyone—guacamole. But once I set the dish out on the table, it was gone before I could blink. It was either liking off the scrapes left on the bowl or making a P&J sandwich, and being a very civil person, I stuck to the latter.

During free-period in school, I did an extra-credit assignment for Mr. Brown, my chemistry teacher. When I came home, I started doing my History assignment, which deadline was about a month away. Then I made a batch of cookies.

No prize guessing who ended up not eating the freshly baked chocolate chips right.

Well, you may be wondering why I have been busying myself with multiple tasks.

Oh, only because, it’s Friday, and Kanda is getting ready for her date.

With Jev.

I didn’t understand why seeing her fawn over him made me so riled up. Kanda has swooned over many boys before, and I have never really cared. There was something about Jev that made me so… so angry and so confused and so…

Complete.

It was crazy. I was crazy. I didn’t want to feel that way about Jev. Kanda obviously had a strong attraction towards him and whatever Kanda wants, Kanda gets. It’s probably one of the universe’s laws.

Thinking about Kanda and Jev just made me feel like punching someone. I just didn’t get it. I have never felt any attraction towards a boy before. Not even Jackie Keller, the boy deemed the cutest in my year. But Jev… a simple glance from him already made me dizzy. His eyes seemed to hypnotize me. His smile made me lose all control.

I didn’t know how I should feel about it. I knew that he would never go for someone like me, and if confess my feelings, it’ll result in nothing but heartbreak. But there was a part of me that kept pushing me towards him.

And the scary bit was… I didn’t know if I liked that or not.

---

“Midnight, can you go and get that please?” Aunt Sally yelled from the kitchen. I heard the water running and guessed she was washing the dishes. Agatha had gone to the library and the boys went out for soccer, and Kanda was upstairs, presumably still adding more mascara to her already long lashes. So that made me the only available person to go and open the door.

“Coming,” I sighed, calling out as I threw the warm fuzzy blanket off me and clicked the ‘pause’ button on the TV remote.

I was in one of my old t-shirts and a pair of sweatpants. My face was makeup free and my hair was matted and up in a messy bun. I didn’t really cared—I was at home, after all.

But when I opened the door, I couldn’t help my cringe inwardly at my appearance.

“Hey, Midnight,” Jev said awkwardly. Despite the fact that he was bundled up in layers of jackets and coats, he looked good. When didn’t he? His eyes were gleaming brightly, his lips curled up in a lopsided smile. His hair looked good and I had to use every ounce of my self-control to refrain from running my fingers over it. He smelled good.

“H-hi, Jev,” I hoped he would think the small shiver I made when I said his name was from the harsh wind outside.  “Um… you’re here for K-Kanda, right?”

I bit down on my lip the second I said that.

“Yeah,” Jev said as I opened up the door to let him in. He relaxed visibly once he entered the room. It was seriously cold outside, but we had the heater on in the house most of the time.

“So, she should be down soon,” I murmured awkwardly, trying to make myself look more presentable, but when you’re in a shirt that says ‘moo, I’m a fish’ and some old sweatpants, you can’t really do much.

“You can take a seat… if you want to, that is,” I mumbled. “But if you don’t wanna, it’s okay. It’s not like I’m making you. It’d be weird to make someone sit and all…”

Jev let out a deep laugh and sat down, raising his hands up in mock surrender. I blushed and scolded myself mentally. What the hell, Midnight?

“I’ll sit, I’ll sit,” Jev laughed as he made himself at home. “You can sit too, if you want to, that is.” He teased. I could feel the heat spreading over my cheeks as I went over to take a seat. But before I could, I tripped over my laptop charger and let out a clumsy gasp before falling. Jev was beside me in a flash, catching me before I face planted.

“Whoa,” Jev had his lips right next to my ears, making me shiver unwillingly. “Be careful there. Don’t want a bruise on your pretty face now do we?”

Could he feel my heart? How fast it’s beating?

I looked up to meet his eyes and let out a breath. Being so close to him made me realize the little flecks of gold and blue in his mesmerizing green eyes. Jev seemed to blink, a little fazed, before frowning.

“Midnight…” He whispered, making me close my eyes in content. It had sounded so perfect, coming out of his lips.

“Okay, I’m done!” chirped Kanda’s voice. Startled, Jev dropped me.

Well, so much for not wanting a bruise.

---

I hugged my knees as I stared at the picture frame that sat on the corner of my table. It was a family photo. Aleixo, Kai and Kaleb were all grinning widely in their tuxes. Kanda was in her once favorite pink dress, smiling angelically beside dad. Agatha looked very sophisticated in her plain white gown and. Mom and Dad were both donned in beautiful, extravagant attires, even though I could tell they didn’t like it. But it was for the royal family photo, so I suppose it was a must.

But I… I looked out of place.

My black hair and all-too-pale (even for a vampire) skin contrasted with their comparatively tanned skin and light blond or brown hair. While they looked like they really did belong to a royal family, I looked cheap, with my blue gown and braided hair.

I looked like I didn’t belong in that picture. Whereas everyone else looked so elegant and beautiful, I looked like trash next to them.

It wasn’t a surprise they made a bet about me being adopted or not.

“Ed,” I suddenly said.

Yeah? He asked. I fidgeted uncomfortably.

“Do you… do you think I’m pretty?” I asked, my voice in a low, almost incoherent mumble.

I… Ed stammered.

“I understand if you say I don’t,” I said. “You know what, just forget about it.” 

There was a small pause. You’re beautiful, Midnight.

Maybe he was trying to make me feel better, trying to be a good friend.

But I believed him. I wanted to believe him.

There you go guys!

It's Friday already ad my term break will be ending in two more days :( So I may not be able to update as fast because I will very busy and I'm trying to put a lot of effort into my studies. I will try to update weekly. I hope that is okay with you all.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I enjoyed wriitng it too. I would love and appreciate feedback from you guys and a vote or two won't hurt ;) Okay, until next time, peeps!

Love,
kky_claud

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

5.9M 157K 37
My mum always used to tell me what it's like to see your mate for the first time. She used to say that at that moment, everything around you stopped...
80 3 2
Emmeranne Quintus, A not so ordinary but looks it on the outside recently turned Eighteen year old girl, With lots of child trauma and daddy issues...
3.7M 135K 57
TRAILER IN CHAPTER 1 #1 Memories 10/10/2019 #1 Hurt 27/09/2019 #1 Werewolf 04/07/2019 #1 Blind 09/02/2020 #1 Time 10/06/2020 There are three of them ...
449 155 31
"Why are you running from me?" I said with my heart breaking in pieces just from listening to the words getting out of my mouth and being directed to...