Don't Mess With My Peaceful L...

By angle99999

Crossover with that Nagatoro Romcom thats popular rn. The main character from that anime, Senpai, will no lon... More

Info
Prologue: Goodbye
Chapter 1: New School
Chapter 2: Never Ending Annoyance
Chapter 3: School Antics
Chapter 4: A Request
Chapter 5: An Interesting Experience
Chapter 6: New Friends Love to Tease!
Chapter 6.5: Reactions
Chapter 7: Love is in the Air!
Chapter 8: Home Sweet Home
Chapter 9: I Don't Believe I'll Experience My Peaceful Life Anytime Soon!
Chapter 10: Senpai! Give Me a Reaction!
Chapter 11: Where are you Going, Senpai?!
Chapter 12: My Peaceful Life
Chapter 12.5: Professor Ayanokouji 'Avenged'
Chapter 13: Welcome Back, Senpai!
Chapter 14: You Just Watch, Senpai! I'll Finally Beat You!
Chapter 14.5: Festival and Fireworks
Chapter 15: I Just Keep Seeing Old Faces
Chapter 16: A Fragile, Little Girl
Chapter 18: Senpai! Don't Study Without Me! Pt 1
Chapter 19: Senpai! Don't Study Without Me! Pt 2
Chapter 20: Goodbye President
Chapter 21: One Little White Lie
Chapter 22: A Day of Bliss For Two Childhood Friends Pt 1
Chapter 23: A Day Of Bliss For Two Childhood Friends Part 2 (Lemon?)
Chapter 24: My Final Year of Highschool Begins Now
Chapter 25: Tieing Up Loose Ends
Chapter 26: Saving My Friend
Chapter 27: Christmas Eve With Senpai
Chapter 28: Senpai is Going to America?!!!!!!
Chapter 29: All In The Open (Lemon)
Chapter 30: My Ideal Life

Chapter 17: A Return to the Court

3.2K 138 71
By angle99999

???: Senpai, wake up!

Huh? Damn, did I sleep in today? 

Slowly getting up, I saw I was on the floor. 

Looking up, it was Nagatoro in her pajamas as she ruffled my hair. 

Nagatoro: Come on, Senpai! We messed up!

Me: What do you mean?

Nagatoro: We slept in! My parents are calling me down for breakfast and my brother is knocking on my door, you know, the overprotective one!!!!

*knock* *knock*

Nagatoro's Brother: Hey sis, breakfast is ready! 

Nagatoro: I-I'm coming!

I got up and got my uniform that was hanging up on her door knob. 

Me: I'll just go through the window like last time. 

Nagatoro rushed over to the window and saw her dad was taking the trash out. 

Nagatoro: Not yet. My dad's still there. 

Me: Fine. 

I was wearing a shirt and sweatpants as I went over and grabbed my clothes. 

Me: Looks like I'll have to take a shower later. 

Nagatoro: Senpai! Who cares?! We have to get you out of here. 

I sighed while taking off my spare shirt. 

Nagatoro grew red as she closed her eyes. 

Nagatoro: W-What are you doing, senpai! C-Change in the corner there!

Nagatoro's Brother: Who are you talking to, sis? I-Is someone there?!!!!!!

Nagatoro waived her hands around as she tried to find some words. 

Nagatoro: N-No one's here, oni-san! I'm just watching anime!!!

Nagatoro's Brother: Well, alright if that's all that your watching. But come on, it's been a while since we all ate together!

Nagatoro: O-Ok!

Footsteps could be heard going down the stairs and disappearing. 

Putting on my uniform, I grabbed my bag and strapped it on. 

Me: Well, I'll see you in school, Nagatoro. 

Nagatoro: B-Bye, senpai. 

Going to the window, I made sure no-one was out there, as I dropped down and rolled on the ground back to my feet.

Me: I might be able to use one of the showers at school if I'm lucky. 

Before I started to walk away, I heard Nagatoro yelp as she tripped on something. The lamp near her window was hit as it fell out of the window and dangled on the side of the house. 

Nagatoro peered her head out of the window and smiled in complete embarrassment. 

Me: You should be more careful. If you're too careless, we'll have to stop hanging out at your place, Nagatoro. 

I smiled as she went completely red, as figurative steam seemed to come from her head. Screams from the rest of the family brought this scene back into reality as I walked away and hopped the fence, into the sidewalk. 

...

...

...

On my way to school, a black limousine pulled over, seeing me eating a piece of a cinnamon bun I purchased while walking. 

The tinted window went down as I saw it was Sakayanagi smiling at me. 

Sakayanagi: Look who I find strolling around here. I guess you've accustomed to living outside well, Kiyo~!

I sighed. 

Me: You want me to get in?

She nodded. 

Me: Well, it beats walking to school, so fine. 

The door opened as I got inside, and we went on our way. 

Me: So, how's the new house treating you? It must be better than the single room you had at our last school. 

She smiled as she closed her book. 

Sakayanagi: Never been better. Dad has been very nice, bringing our old furniture and deciding to work from home here. 

Good for him. He deserves to relax once in a while. Especially considering how much he has done for me. 

Me: So, was this a coincidence, or did you have another motive to picking me up?

Sakayanagi: In all honesty, I simply saw you walking by yourself, eating a sugary treat I believe to be your breakfast since you were in Nagatoro's house again, right?

I sighed. 

Me: So you didn't tail me today but a previous occasion. 

Sakayanagi giggled. 

Sakayanagi: Fufufufu. You make it seem like I've been stalking you. 

Me: Sounds like it. 

Sakayanagi: Well, in any case, don't you think you're bothering her parents alot with your continuous visits?

Me: I could care less if they wanted me dead. It's not like they're Nagatoro. She can make her own choices. I'll stop coming when she stops asking me to. 

Sakayanagi laughed. 

Sakayanagi: Guess that still hasn't changed. You better not be losing your edge, Kiyo. 

Me: Don't worry, Sakayanagi. You can visit Tsukishiro and ask him yourself if I lost my edge. He'll reassure you I won't considering where I put him to rot until he's executed. 

We arrived as I opened the door. 

Me: See you later, Sakayanagi. 

Sakayanagi waived her hand and smiled. 

Sakayanagi: Bye, Kiyo. 

Students from all over came around the car as they all were cheering over Sakayanagi. I don't know how she does it. She was able to manipulate and turn her entire class into slaves for her to control and now she seems to be doing it again here.

I went to my locker, as I saw Suchiro running towards me. 

Suchiro: Whoa!

He trips, as I grabbed him with one arm. 

Me: You alright? Running in the hallway this early is just asking for trouble, Suchiro. 

I let him go as he stood up. 

Suchiro: Senpai! We made the playoffs!

Me: Yeah, I know. 

Suchiro: Huh?! Are you actually keeping up with our team?!!!!

Me: No, I saw some notices on the boards. It looks lime you guys are going there for the first time in 3 years, right?

Suchiro nodded happily. 

Suchiro: Ever since you played, we've only lost 10 of our last 12 games. 

Wait, what?

Me: You lost 10 of 12 games? How are you in the playoffs?

Suchiro laughed. 

Suchiro: You know how I said our team is in one of the worst divisions in Japan?

Me: Yeah, it's similar to the NFC East in the National Football League but continue. 

Suchiro: Well, we ended the season with the same amount of wins as another school in our division. Since we won against ANHS, we had the advantage of a non division victory. 

Me: So you were awarded the number 1 spot in the division and entered the playoffs on a whim. 

Suchiro: You don't have to say it like that! We did it!

I sighed. 

Me: So, what's on your mind now? Don't tell me you plan to have me play again? You can't demand another favor from me unless you pay back the other one. 

Suchiro waived his hands around as he shook his head. 

Suchiro: Nothing like that! I know how much you helped us and we still owe you, but it's not about you playing. You see, a lot of the first years started to admire you from that game a few months ago and begged me to ask you to be on the bench. 

Me: What? Why would I do that?

Suchiro: You'll be with the bench and supporting us there. We'll get really motivated if you see us play there. We might even get past the first round. 

Me: I have nothing to gain from this. I still haven't had anything to gain from the previous time I bailed you all out. 

Suchiro: Wouldn't helping your kouhais and this school's worst sports program win their first playoff game in 3 years be something?

Me: No. I have no interest for that. I've already got myself in between two girls' drama. And besides, I have to go to art club afterschool. And besides, don't you have your star back in your lineup already? The center. Why do you need me there?

Suchiro: Because he quit a few games ago!

Me: What? 

Suchiro: But we don't need him! We won without him a few times and we made the playoffs. We can do this on our own! We just need you there as a motivator, senpai! Please! We won't ask you to leave the bench!!!

Me: A no is still a no, no matter how many times you change your words in order to request the same thing. Sorry.  

Suchiro grabbed my hand and started to cry crocodile tears as people began to stare. 

He's trying to make himself seem more pathetic than usual in the hopes I'd pity him. I'm not going to change my day for a single man's pit-

With this, Suchiro looked to the side and winked as I was confused. In a single instant, a barrage of 6 1st years, 5 2nd years, and 1 third  year, ran towards me as they started to cry. 

And then someone began to bring out their phones, damn it all. 

???: PLEASE, SENPAI! PLEASE! IT'S OUR ONLY SHOT! PLEASE!!!

???: PLEASE!!!

???: WE NEED YOU THERE!!!

In just a few minutes, they all stopped crying and fell to the ground, kneeling as they shouted words of praise in something that seemed rehearsed. 

???: ALL HAIL SENPAI!

???: Yes!

???: ALL HAIL SENPAI!!

I didn't account for this. How could I have known they would be this desperate to be kneeling in order for what might be nothing more than a distraction on an attempt to win a single game. Is that how much they value Basketball. If so, then I took them for bigger fools then I initially did prior. 

Arisu walked down the hallway with her entourage of girls as she saw the scene near my locker unfold. 

She stopped right in front of it as she laughed. 

Arisu: Looks like Kiyo is getting worshipped like I always thought he should have been, fufufu. 

This caused the girls around her to look at me and then right back to her. 

???: AH!!! They're on a first name basis and they have nicknames!!!

???: I ship them!! 

???: YAY!!!

How can all this chaos in the hallways be done in mere moments of saying no to these annoying basketball players? 

Fine. I guess I can squeeze a little more out of them for later. Not like I have any other option. If this keeps going, I might have multiple teachers come here and see what's going on before class.

Me: If it means this charade ends, then fine, I will. 

An eruption came as they all started to tackle me in a bubble of people, blocking the hallway. 

I don't understand what difference would it make for them if I came or not, but if it means I can have a few more people to owe me, then so be it. 

After what seemed like a century, the pile stopped as we were all dispersed by teachers as the students walking around were laughing. 

As Suchiro was going away, I stopped him.

Me: Suchiro. 

 Suchiro: Yeah?!

Me: Have everyone meet me during lunch on the rooftop. I'll have a contract printed out by then for them all to sign. 

Suchiro: Are you really going to have them owe you something?

Me: It makes sense, does it not? I'm no charity. I thought you of all people would understand that. 

Suchiro: Fine! I'll get them there. 

Me: Good. And since you already have one, I'll simply add another favor to your contract. 

Suchiro: Damn it! Senpai, come on! 

Me: This will teach you that a kouhai can never dictate what a senpai does. 

Suchiro groaned. 

Suchiro: Fine!

Me: Good. Now thanks to your little circus teammates, I have to rush to class. So goodbye. 

Suchiro: See ya, senpai!

Walking away, I saw dozens of people on their phones. It could be a coincidence, but it seems they all were posting on their little so-called stories on social media regarding this. Yet another thing to continue my popularity in school. And something else that is beyond my control. 

...

And just like that, in the coming days, memes of a god rang through our school's social media. I couldn't believe it. What more could cause my perfect image of a peaceful life, to be completely shattered to the point of no repair?

...

...

...

Nagatoro: Senpai! I heard you're going to be on the basketball team today!

Gamo-chan: Took ya long enough! It looked like ya really liked it!

Yoshi-chan: Liked it!

Sakura: I think it's kind of cool. The video looked pretty funny in the morning too, hehehe. 

Me: I won't be planning on seeing any action. I will be sleeping on the bench and waiting for the game to finish so I can go home. 

Nagatoro: Then why are you doing this?

I took out a stack of papers and a handful of pens. 

Me: Because of this.

Nagatoro grabbed one and was shocked. 

Nagatoro: Senpai, are you going to put them on some sketchy contract?! You know, the last time you did that, it didn't go over so well, for both of us, remember? I'm still pissed off about it. 

Me: Looking back, I should have been more specific per the terms of the deal with Arisu after I beat her in chess. I didn't think she'd take them literally. 

Nagatoro: And thanks to that-

Me: Yeah, you almost destroyed my apartment and I had to pin you do-

Nagatoro closed my mouth as she turned red. 

Nagatoro: I didn't tell anyone that, you idiot! Don't let them misunderstand!

Gamo-chan: Ah! Sakura, Yoshi! They did it in his apartment! 

Nagatoro: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sakura: Ara, ara. 

Yoshi-chan: HAHAHA!

Me: I don't have time for this. You guys go on to lunch. I need to get these guys to sign these. 

Gamo-chan: Nuh-uh! We're coming too! I want to see this. It might be fun!

Sakura: And besides, I don't feel like eating something right now. 

Nagatoro: Just leave!!! I'll just go with senpai!!!

Nagatoro started to push her friends away as they began to wrestle. Meanwhile, I continued up the stairs as the bickering 4 continued to walk behind me. 

Me: It won't even take long. But then again, I don't know if they are intelligent enough to sign these papers, given the idiotic display of this morning. But, impressions aren't everything.

Getting to the door, I opened it and saw the basketball team gathered up there. 

???: There he is!

Suchiro: I got everyone here. 

 After the five of us entered, I closed the door and proceeded to hand out a paper to everyone. 

Me: This is very simple. You all messed with me in the morning and did everything in your minds to annoy and persuade me into being on the bench. So here it is, your punishment. 

???: What's this, a contract?

Me: Exactly. Suchiro did one in order to have me bail you all out of a miserable loss to my previous school. Now, here is where you all do the same. It's not specific, mainly general details having to do with owing me a favor. Nothing as serious as your lives or anything beyond an errand. But it can be asked upon almost instantaneously and without resistance. Should this be broken, a private beating will take place. I don't favor violence, but I'm not foreign to it. You could say I've even killed people before. 

They all started to laugh.

???: Don't worry, Ayanokouji! We'll sign this. It's the least we can do! But I don't think we can picture you ever killing someone, hahaha!!

???: Yeah, you're too nice of a guy!!!!

Me: I guess so. Looks like you called my bluff. Well here are some pens and sign each of them. 

In the back, Gamo started laughing as the rest did as well except Nagatoro. 

Gamo: Kiyopai really does know how to joke! He almost sounded serious! 

Yoshi-chan: Yeah!

Sakura: Hehehe

Nagatoro looked unsure as she saw me handing out pens. 

Nagatoro: (It didn't look like he was joking to me.)

 ...

After school (Game time)...

...

Standing in the locker room, I saw the same crazy coach from before, but this time, even louder than I last saw him. 

Coach: ALRIGHT, YOU BASTARDS!!! LET'S STOP THE LITTLE KIDDY CONVERSATIONS AND LISTEN UP!!!!!!

I sat down on the bench as I took out my phone. 

Coach: AS YOU ALL KNOW, THIS IS OUR FIRST PLAYOFF GAME IN A FUCKING WHILE! THAT MEANS I CAN'T HAVE YOU FUCKS LOSE IN THE FIRST ROUND, GOT IT!

Everyone: YES COACH!!!!

Coach: WELL, ALRIGHT THEN!!!! LET'S GET THIS VICTORY AND SHOW THEM WE'RE SOME TEAM THEY CAN TAKE FUCKING SERIOUSLY!!!!

Everyone: YEAH!!!!

All he did was say we should win this game, is it really that motivational?

Coach: AND WITH AYANOKOUJI, OUR ACE, ON THE BENCH, WE ARE UNSTOPPABLE!!!!

I won't be playing though. 

Everyone: LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I don't think they care much for my input at this point. 

Coach: NOW LET'S GO OUT THERE AND GIVE THEM HELL!!!

Everyone: LET'S BRING THEM HELL!

If you were a bystander, you'd think this was like a pep talk for the super bowl. 

I put my phone in my gym locker as everyone got up and were starting to leave the locker room, going towards the gym where their first playoff game would be played here, since a division winner had home court advantage. However, given the pedestrian performances Suchiro mentioned, this will be a blowout. 

As I was walking towards the bench, the bleachers were filled with people and across the sideline, I even saw 3 people with notepads and wearing suits. They were all taking notes. I believe they might be scouts here to potentially watch a high ranking recruit from the other team most likely. And if that's the case, it only means this team is guaranteed to lose. 

A person with their future on the line, is the last person you'd want to come up against. Because they are desperate to do anything in their power to achieve their goal. That's how my father was, and that's how every human is when given the chance. It's just a matter of succeeding in the chance you're given. 

I heard cheers coming from multiple sides as Nagatoro and her friends were stationed in a group of chairs to the back of our bench. 

Nagatoro: Senpai! Over here! 

Me: I can see you, Nagatoro. You don't need to yell. 

However, she and her friends weren't alone as Arisu popped her head right in front of me.

Arisu: So, will I be seeing your skills in sports on full display, Kiyo? Or are you going to hold back like you did last year?

Nagatoro: Holding back?

Arisu smiled and patted Nagatoro's head. 

Arisu: Nothing you need to worry about. It's none of your business. 

Nagatoro shook off her hand as Arisu giggled. 

Nagatoro: Don't pet me!

Gamo-chan: This chick is pretty cocky isn't she?

Arisu: So, Kiyo, answer my question?

Nagatoro: And stop using his first name?!!

Me: I don't plan on playing. I'm going to be on the bench for a reason. The most exciting thing you'll probably see all day will be me sleeping and waking up.

Gamo-chan: How lame.

Yoshi-chan: LAME!

Arisu: Well that's a shame. I really wanted you to go and flex around your muscles. But I guess you do that all the time with Nagatoro, right?

Looking at Nagatoro she hid her face as she got red. 

Nagatoro: W-W-What are you talking about?! He's never done that!! It's so disgusting!!!

Coach: HEY, AYANOKOUJI! WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING THERE?! GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE!!

Me: Sure. Well, I'll see the rest of you later I guess. 

Waiving goodbye, I went to the bench and sat down as the teams shook hands and introduced themselves. 

The two sides got into position in order to begin the tip-off. 

The other side was filled with people that were at least 6 feet and taller. Meanwhile, our team's tallest player barely eclipsed 6 feet. However, height meant nothing if they weren't skilled. The outcome of the game will be revealed once I see how the other team plays.

And the game began, as the ball went right towards the opponent, as expected. From the first dribble, they passed it to the corner and shot a three. I guess they also have deep threat. Shooting and size advantages are almost impossible to get through. But why do I care? I'm just going to sleep on the bench. 

I lied on the bench as the 1st years looked at me. 

Some tried to ask questions, but all I did was bring up our contract to shut them up. 

???: Didn't you like to play last time?! You looked like you were smiling when you dunked!!! Can you at least try and be supportive?! 

Me: I'm just here to fulfill your wish. Nothing more. Remember the contract. All you wanted was me here.  

For the good of me, I plan to abandon this conceited idea, that I would like basketball. Sure it brought satisfaction, but it was just a mere act, nothing else. I shouldn't even be on the team. They got into the playoffs, they can get through this round without help.

Although the other team far outclassed ours, the game was not as one-sided as I initially thought. And that was because of Suchiro. He scored over half of his teams points at this point, as he looked like he was on a mission. 

Me: Good for him. 

Wait, why am I still watching this? Who cares if they lose? It means they were the inferior team. And they would have to get better next year.

I continued to lie there, as a piece of paper hit my face. 

Looking up, I saw it came from Nagatoro. 

Nagatoro: Senpai!! Don't just sleep there!!! You'll have people booing at you!!!

Me: I'm just resting my eyes. 

Nagatoro pouted as Arisu smiled. 

Arisu: This is the true Ayanokouji, Nagatoro. He doesn't care about trivial things like basketball. All he cares, is that he wins in the grand scheme of things. 

Nagatoro: No he doesn't! Senpai cares! Why else did he work his ass off last time here when he didn't need to?!

Arisu: It could have been a fluke. He probably just wanted to try it out and found out he hated it. 

Nagatoro: That's not it!

As the two fought, my eyes continued to linger on the game, seeing the ball move from corner to corner. Such great chemistry from one side, and a total reliance on one person since he was the only one making his shots. 

Just before the half ended, Suchiro dribbled the ball up the court and used the same crossover I showed him last time, as he used it well enough to get the separation he needed and shot the jumper, nailing it off the backboard as the crowd went wild. 

Nice shot. Not that I care much. 

The buzzer ended as the half came to a close. It was a close game. Our team was only down by 12 points which was remarkable. 

All the coach did, was continue to yell profanities at everyone, including Suchiro and myself. I sighed as Suchiro was exhausted. I gave him a bottle of water as he seemed like he was dying of thirst. 

Me: You shouldn't overdue yourself. 

Suchiro: Why can't I?! All the good players on this team bailed on us so I need to step up if we have a chance to win this game. I won't let my teammates down!!!

Me: I see. 

Such devotion. He wants to win this game even if it kills him. And he certainly has the talent to. I didn't expect much out of him, but seeing the performance he was putting up until now, it was extraordinary. He just won't quit. 

Me: Fine, burn yourself out. As long as that is what you want. 

Suchiro: I'll win this game, senpai! You just watch!

Me: I like the attitude. 

Such radiance of optimism. It rubs off on anyone he talks to, even me. I'm starting to feel like this could be a game. 

However, that is unless his teammates don't fail him in return. 

As I sat there, I saw Arisu waiving at me as Nagatoro yelled at her not to try anything. It seems that they each found their worst enemies, exact copies in terms of arrogance, stubbornness, and resilience. The two won't quit unless one or the other is defeated. 

After a few minutes of rest, the third quarter began as I began to watch the entire game now. It was simply too interesting not to watch. 

On each play, Suchiro would look towards me as I waived. He was having the game of his life and it seemed to be paying off. Halfway through the quarter, they were only 6 points away from tieing. By that point, Suchiro had 38 points and was getting whatever he wanted. To think he's only a first year.

However, as I suspected, the team around Suchiro is just too bad. Turnovers from his teammates brought the lead back to 10 points as he continued to match bucket after bucket. At the rate he was going, burning out by the end of the quarter was the most likely thing to happen. 

I continued to analyze the game as the crowd began to chant Suchiro's name. Incredible. So he was the person who carried his team through this time. Although they lost multiple games, it might not have been his fault. Too bad, though. 

It's a sad thing really. But when a person plays with no regard to their stamina, it is bound to happen. 

By the end of the quarter, the score was 74-70 and Suchiro had made it a 4 point game. However, he looked done as he came back to the bench. Coach even decided to sit him on the bench.

Suchiro: I can still go!

Coach: You idiot! You're useless to the team if you die from exhaustion! Now drink your Gatorade so you can go back into the game!!!

Suchiro: YES, COACH!

Suchiro sat down as I gave him a towel. 

Suchiro: Do you like the game so far, senpai?

Me: You're really good, Suchiro. If only your team could keep up. But you need to rest. If your gone, this team has no chance of scoring another point in this game. 

Suchiro: But, I don't want to let them down!

Me: You aren't. 

There is too much positivity from this man. I thought he was kind-hearted before, but this is on another level. It's making me wanting more and more for him to pull it off. 

Me: Rest for a few minutes so you can go back inside and finish the game. If you pull off a win, I'll revoke your contract. 

Suchiro: Really?

Me: Why not? I already have 20 people to boss around for an errand. What's one gone going to do for me?

Suchiro laughed. 

Suchiro: I guess you're right, senpai. 

Me: You're damn right. Now, let's just be optimistic that you're team can maintain this. 

...

90-74

...

Me: Just great. 

Suchiro: It's been two minutes?!!!

The coach was screaming even more profanities as Nagatoro was yelling at me. 

Looking back, I saw that her and the rest of her friends were yelling at me to get in the game. 

Thanks to their yells, the rest of the bleachers started to do the same. However, this would be the time I'd put down my foot. Because, if I entered right now, it would ruin Suchiro's day. And although I am an emotionless monster, I would like one good thing to happen today. 

Me: Suchiro, you alright to go in?

Suchiro: I'M GOING IN!

Me: Ok. 

I gave a signal to the coach as he called for a substitution. 

Suchiro was in at the 10th minute of the 4th quarter. This could be the last time this team could play a meaningful game. And Suchiro was determined to see through it all for a victory. And that should count for something, no?

Suchiro came down the court and hit a three as he yelled in excitement. 

The lead is now only 13. My eyes widened as I saw every movement on the court. Even if they doubled, Suchiro was possessed by something in order to win this game.

And then it happened. The one thing that ended any thought of staying on that bench. The one thing that caused me to seethe in anger for one of the only times of my life, a cheap shot. Although I'm a person who will do anything in order to win, the way in which this happened and the cockiness that person exuberated towards him, caused me to snap. 

On the next play, the opposing player was guarded by Suchiro as he stepped right onto his foot and twisted it, causing Suchiro to fall onto the ground, howling in pain. I saw everything that happened from the bench, but it seems the refs were blind as points were awarded for the made shot instead of a charging foul. 

And just like that, Suchiro's magical day was done. An injury like that will take weeks to fix. And they started to laugh. A coward in cocky clothing. A scum unlike any other scum. Someone that needs to get a reality check. I was more than happy to comply. 

Fuck the contract. 

...

...

...

3rd person POV

A timeout was called, as the opposing team's player who performed that illegal move on Suchiro, was laughing alongside his teammates and coach. 

???: That'll show him. We have this in the bag. 

???: Stay in your lane, first year. 

???: You were just lucky!

Suchiro was taken on a stretcher, as Ayanokouji went over to help. 

Nagatoro and her friends, including the rest of the crowd who saw this, began to riot in their seats. 

Nagatoro: He fucking destroyed his leg and you give them the points?!!! 

Gamo-chan: Fucking bastards!

Arisu: Well that was kind of scummy, wasn't it, Nagatoro. But it should have been expected. 

Nagatoro: Huh?!

Arisu: There was no way they were going to keep the lead without such a play. However, I must say that the refs were either paid off or blind. Most likely blind. Who pays to win mere highschool games? Now if this was the NBA, we would have a different conversation. 

Nagatoro: Who cares?! Look what they did to Suchiro!!!

Arisu: A tragedy. It looks like Ayanokouji will sti-

In a move, no one saw coming, Ayanokouji stood up and put on a headband tied his hair. 

Arisu: What is he doing?

Nagatoro: It looks like... he's going in the game. 

Arisu: That's impossible! Such emotions like that wouldn't cause him to do this!

Nagatoro: I'll say this again. You don't know senpai as well as you think you do!!! He actually gives a shit sometimes!

Arisu was shocked. Ayanokouji had taken off his jacket as it revealed his jersey. The crowd, seeing this, started to roar as the scouts, who were quiet all day, looked up from their notepads. 

Ayanokouji, his eyes full of nothing but darkness, went up to the coach as they were bringing Suchiro inside. Suchiro, with a single glance meeting Ayanokouji's, knew that the game was over.

Ayanokouji: Coach. 

Coach: HUH?! WHAT-

Ayanokouji: Put me in. As you can see, I'm ready. 

Coach: DIDN'T THE TEAM-

Ayanokouji: Just put me in. I'll end this so I can go home. 

As he looked at the coach, sweat drops fell down the coach's cheek as he simply nodded and instructed he enter. 

Ayanokouji would replace Suchiro!

With 9 minutes left, the score was 92-77 as Ayanokouji entered as the point guard. 

Ayanokouji: Listen to me now. 

???: Wait, I thought you weren't going to go in bec-

Ayanokouji: If you receive the ball, just pass it to me. I'll do the rest. 

Back in the stands, Nagatoro sighed. 

Nagatoro: It's over. 

Arisu: His eyes. They're beautiful. 

Nagatoro was creeped out. 

Nagatoro: What the hell?!!

Arisu: They look like they were when we were kids. Eyes devoid of everything. I don't believe it. It seems he's like what he was in the past, and yet, he's not. He has emotion and then he doesn't. I can't comprehend this. 

Nagatoro: Then just take it for what it is. 

Gamo-chan: Someone could actually get murdered today. 

Nagatoro waived her hands nervously. 

Nagatoro: Don't say those things, haha. 

Gamo-chan: I'm serious. He might just do them even worse than what he did last time.

On the court, the opposing player who performed that scummy move smirked. 

???: He's not even a regular on the team. What's to be worried about? 

???: You idiot, it's that guy from the YouTube video. He's a beast. I heard he doesn't even care about basketball. He just wanted to try it once to see if it was any good. 

???: He's just one guy and the team they beat was easy. We were going to torch them anyway. 

As they all went on the field, Ayanokouji received the ball from his terrified teammate as he shook when looking into Ayanokouji's eyes. 

???: I'll cover h-

In an instant, Ayanokouji flew right by his non existent defender, as he slid across the ground in complete shock. 

Ayanokouji went up through the middle as he threw the ball on the backboard. 

Scummy guy: He's just giving that ba-

Ayanokouji jumped from the three point line and soared into the air, as if his shoes were trampoline ones. 

Scummy guy: WHAT?!!

In a second, Ayanokouji grabbed the ball, and slammed it through, right on top of 3 defenders who were all 6 inches taller than him as the three fell to the ground.

The crowd erupted as the screams drained out Nagatoro's cheers. 

Arisu was in a blissful shock, as she blushed when seeing Ayanokouji like this.  

Ayanokouji landed on the ground, as he caught the ball and let it roll on the ground. The 3 looked up to see the eyes of a killer, their piercing power enough to slit their throats. They couldn't move. 

Scummy guy: You idiots. Get back up front. We still have the lead. They don't have much time. 

He brought the ball up as in an instant, Ayanokouji swatted and took the ball away with a single movement. 

Scummy guy: What?!

He tried to hit Ayanokouji's foot, but it was useless. A trick, when used, will never work twice. 

Ayanokouji spun around and shoved the guy to the ground, as he slid across the gym floor.

Ayanokouji: Too weak. 

He dribbled past his body as he jumped up and dunked it in again. 

92- 81

Ayanokouji walked by him as he stepped over him, to the cheers of the crowd. 

Ayanokouji: Why don't you get up? You still have the lead, no?

The team recovered as they brought the ball up and targeted someone else. Another person dribbled to the left and tried to get a layup, only to be blocked by Ayanokouji right on the board. 

He caught the ball and dribbled it up. 

Arisu: How does he even know how to play this good? I don't recall him learning how to play basketball. 

Nagatoro: I've seen him play. 

Arisu: I know, from that one time right?

Nagatoro: No, I saw him at the park almost every day. 

Arisu: huh?

Nagatoro: Whenever senpai would finish art club, he would either come and hang out with me or go home. So one day, I followed him home and saw he went to the park instead. There, he took out a worn basketball and played by himself. He's been doing it for a few months. And, for any normal person, he shouldn't be this good. But since it's senpai, I just expect him to be, hehehe. 

Ayanokouji jumped up and shot a three as it drilled right through. 

92-84

It was now a one score game. 

Scummy guy: We can't stop a single guy?!

???: Man, I told you this. He's too good. I don't think any person in Japan could have half as good of a performance as he did in his last match. We should have just gotten ourselves beat by that first year! He's going to kill us all!

Scummy guy: We still have the lead. There's only 5 minutes left. 

???: Then you guard him! I don't wanna die!

Throwing the ball to him, the dribbled up the court once again. 

Scummy guy: I have y-

Ayanokouji looked as the ball swerved to the right. He grabbed it before it even landed on the ground and stripped it off him. 

Scummy guy: WHAT?!

Ayanokouji went to the corner and shot it, swishing it.

92-87

The crowd couldn't take it anymore as they started to scream their lungs out. The scouts on the corner looked like they were salivating. 

Ayanokouji: Don't give up any points. The person who gives up even a free throw, will be killed. 

His teammates gulped and nodded as, through fear, they all decided to play the best they possibly could. 

Scummy guy: AAHHHHH!!!!!! I HAD ENOUGH OF THIS! YOU'RE DONE SECOND YEAR!

He was guarded by another person as he went to his left and stepped back, only to have the ball taken away by a being that could react to the noise of a paint drop. 

Taking the ball for his 3rd steal, Ayanokouji dribbled down the court, as a person met him there. He moved the ball to his left and behind his torso as he swung it back around and through his opponent's legs, crossing him over. 

Ayanokouji jumped up and made a reverse dunk as the net howled from the impact. 

92-89

Just three points down, there was still 3 minutes left.

Scummy guy: I'm done! You guys have the ball!

He threw the ball towards a teammate, only to have not realized it was near Ayanokouji's field of range as he caught it with one hand and ran down, stopping in an instant. 

???: What?!

He stepped back, this time now 40 feet away from the basketball, jumped, and swished the deepest three of the night. 

 92-92

Walking over to the man he despised, he sighed. 

Ayanokouji: And here I thought you would have a plan should I enter the game. I guess that's what scum truly is. Pathetic and lacking in any brain function. You might as well be brain dead to consider that your actions would have consequences. 

His eyes now piercing through him, caused the man to look away in fear. 

Ayanokouji: I'll beat your team by 10 and force you to never pick up a ball again in your life, cowardly scum. 

Walking away, the man dropped to the ground as his heart continued to beat even louder. 

Ayanokouji: Don't exaggerate. Get up and finish the game. It's the least you can do to save any face. 

The game continued, as Ayanokouji ended the game with 7 consecutive dunks, all on the man who caused everything. 

102-92

With a second left on the clock, Ayanokouji sighed. 

Ayanokouji: Looks like this is over. 

Looking over at the coach, he asked for a substitution as the crowd cheered. Nagatoro and the others looked at him as Arisu laughed. 

Arisu: Incredible. 

Scummy guy: *Cries*

The man cried like a child on the ground as snot started to come from his nostrils. All he could picture for the rest of his life, was the image of a demon in man's clothing clawing at his mind with his eyes. 

Scummy guy: LEAVE ME ALONE!

And due to this, he was substituted. 

At the end of the game, the two sides shook hands, although both didn't say a word, not even the refs. The announcer had lost all enthusiasm and was terrified of the display of dominance he had not seen in his entire lifetime. 

Ayanokouji: Well, that was fun, wouldn't you say, coach. 

Coach: Don't give me that, kid. You almost gave me a fucking heart attack. If you ever play on this team again, I think I might die just seeing you play. 

Ayanokouji: I might be considering that. 

Coach: Huh? What?

Ayanokouji: I might consider playing next year. Not like I won't have the time. Given what happened today, I'd say playing has allowed me to release some stress I would, otherwise, have released the wrong way.  

For Ayanokouji, all this was a means to an end. He knew that the next game, this team will surely be blown out. He knew that Suchiro was done for the season, and he knew that in the grand scheme of things, this game was useless. However, what he did confirm, would change his highschool experience forever. 

Ayanokouji: (It's not the worst thing I can spend with my time, I'm pretty good at it, and putting this team on top was satisfying for myself. I'd also like to get to know my kohai, Suchiro, better than before. So, sure. I'll give this a shot next year. And should it not be as exciting as I thought it would be, I'll leave. But if it continues to pique my interest, I'll keep doing this.)

Looking over towards Nagatoro, she smiled and yelled cheers towards him. 

Ayanokouji: (And besides, I'm sure Nagatoro probably had a cheesy smile when I played just now. It seems she thinks I wasn't aware of her spying on me playing in the park. I've said this once and I'll say it again: she has no talent in stealth. So if this will make her happy and me satisfied, then I'll make time for it next year.)

Arisu, who was viewing the whole situation with a smile, looked at how Ayanokouji and Nagatoro saw each other. 

Arisu: (It's so obvious they both like each other. But as long as Ayanokouji doesn't know she likes him, they won't be together. I don't care if Nagatoro knows more about this new Ayanokouji. because, I'll make sure I get to know him more. I'll make sure he only sees me on his side. And I need to do this quick, before he reveals his past to Nagatoro. Because it's only a matter of time before he does so. )

Through that singular decision, Ayanokouji had changed the trajectory of his entire life. When looking back, he always points to this occasion as the turning point of his Highschool life.

Because this was when his peaceful life's dream was officially shattered, and altered into one of chaos and satisfaction. 

...

...

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 309 8
A girl named Sakurai Chiyoko meets a senpai, Yamazaki Takami, the multi-talented school idol, but she soon realizes that he is a brutal and cruel yan...
23.3K 444 15
"I have you know Senpai." "Huh? What do you mean?" "Don't you get it, you mine now." Ever since Y/n moved to Akademi High, she has been noticing some...
69.6K 1.6K 20
This is just a place where I'll post some of my kiyokei fantasies from when I daydream about them. Don't expect regular updates. There may also be sp...
9.9K 430 8
Reaction to CoTE x Grimgar, and Alternate Universes, or even the Deleted Crossover before this. Just read it.