STOP ME WHEN YOU'VE HAD ENOUGH

By Fangirl9451

When Ichigo shows no interest to Shinji's lures of joining the Vizard, the group of ex-Shinigami end up takin... More

Oh, This Thing
Well, That's New
Uh, No Thanks
Really, Not Now
Um, Let's Not
Alright, Buzz Off
So, Maybe Not
Okay, Not Today
Ha, You're Funny
Shit, This Sucks
Huh, Well Now
So, That Happened
Fuck, Of Course
Really, No Way
Hm, Well Then
Man, Fuck This
Aha, That's It
Oh, Now What
Okay, This One
Nope, No Way
No, Fuck Off
Well, This Hurts
Wow, That's Cold
Nah, We're Good
Bitch, Let's Go
Yes, It Is
Ah, Fuck It
Man, Not Cool
Ahem, Say Again
Well, That's Rough
Right, The War
Hmm, Well Shit
Aight, Listen Here
See, This Happened
Whoa, Not Okay
Death, It Follows
Please, Don't Leave
Well, The End
Epilogue
Author's Note
Sequel!

So, It Isn't

351 13 6
By Fangirl9451

When the Espada arrive in the World of the Living, the place is a fucking warzone. Most - if not all - Hollows are dead, and the last of the Shinigami are fatally wounded. Ichigo should've called off the Hollows, but he doesn't know how. There was nothing he could've done, as much as it pains him.

And it pains him.

He leads the Espada to Aizen, their sonído unnervingly similar to marching. The closer they get to Aizen, the more anxious he gets. He does his best to hide it, yet he can't help repeating a phrase in his head. Over and over again in his head like a mantra. This is it, he tells himself. This is the end.

In a sense, it is. Ichigo is leading a special forces to take out the man who threatens everyone's existence. The Shinigami have his back. Rukia is safe. However, the ginger has to remind himself that nothing is over until Aizen is dead. He can still lose this if he doesn't keep his head on straight.

Inoue is still on the same roof from last time. The girls are still with her. Unfortunately, Aizen and his lackeys are gone. The hair on the back of Ichigo's neck stands on end.

He sends a wave of Reiatsu at the fire in the corner of the building, snuffing out the flame in an instant. Inoue whips around, hands on her pins, ready for an attack that wasn't going to come. She stands taller when Ichigo lands on the roof. The Espada follow his lead.

"Ichi-nii!" Yuzu shouts in relief.

Her and Karin run to Ichigo. He crouches down, arms open. They engulf into an embrace so tight. God, he loves these girls.

"Are you alright?" He asks them.

"Where did you go?" Karin demands. "Why do you keep leaving us behind?"

His heart breaks a little. "You guys can't go where I can."

"Why? What are you doing?"

"He's trying to save your lives," Starrk states.

"Hey! Were we talking to you losers!" Karin snaps.

"Losers?" Syazel quirks an eyebrow. "Ichigo, control your pet. It looks like she'll bite."

The Cero Espada sends a heated glare. "Talk to my sister like that again, and you'll regret it."

Harrible and Nel laugh. Harrible's is more quiet than Nel, her shoulders simply bouncing, while as Nel just blurts out into a fit.

"What are you laughing at?" The pink haired man furrows his eyebrows, lips pouting.

"You, fool," Harrible grins through her voice. "You think Kurosaki is the type of man to let such words go unpunished? He'll rip you apart, and we'd let him."

"We follow him for his loyalty. Don't betray his," Nel advises.

"If you trash are done with your quibble, Aizen is awaiting," Ulquiorra states.

"R-right," Syazel agrees, trying to shake off Ichigo's yellow eyes.

"You're leaving again?" Yuzu frowns.

"No!" Karin hugs Ichigo a little tighter. "You can't go again!"

"I have to," the ginger says softly, eyes on his sisters.

"But what if you don't come back?"

That's honestly something Ichigo never thought about. It stumps him. Before his sisters get the chance to see his conflicted expression, his lips pull into a gentle smile.

"I'll come back. I always do."

They shake their heads. He sighs. He puts them at arm's distance to look them in the eye. He sets a hand on their opposite shoulders, and he manages to keep the smile on his face.

"I'm not alone in this. There's two different armies going after the same goal - my goal. It'll be okay. I promise."

Yuzu pulls her sister close, and nods her head to Ichigo. Karin doesn't seem to want to hear it. Yet, she wipes her nose, and gives him a nod of permission to leave. With one last hug, he stands.

"Inoue, are you alright?" Ichigo asks.

She's pretty messed up. Her nose must've been broken since there's blood, but the nose looks fine. She reset her nose. Damn.

"I'm fine. We need to get them out of the kill zone. I don't know how much longer I can protect all of them," Inoue reports.

A grin flashes across Ichigo's face. Inoue blinks in confusion.

"What?"

"Nothing. You can take them to the shoten. Hopefully the Vizard are gone."

"Back to the shoten? Why did you take us from there in the first place then?" Karin frowns.

"Because I needed to know you were safe. And I don't entirely trust the Vizard. Shinji is the only good one among them," Ichigo grumbles the last part.

"I can take them there, but I'll need help," Inoue proclaims.

"Ulquiorra? Would you be willing to go?" Ichigo asks.

The string bean studies Inoue. "I'm willing."

"Good."

Ichigo approaches his brunette friend. She's really tired. He doesn't know if she'll be able to fight much longer - especially if she asked for help. There's bags under her eyes, and her legs look like they'll give out at any second.

"You can stay at the shoten, if you want."

Inoue looks offended. "And let my friends risk their lives without me?"

Ichigo chuckles. "Sora would be proud of you."

The statement catches her off guard. Tears brim her eyes, but none spill.

"You think so?" She whispers.

"I know so."

She wipes her eyes before tears can flow. She takes a deep breath, and nods to Ichigo.

"That's all I've ever wanted," she says, turning back to the girls.

She explains to the girls their situation. Yuzu and Karin give a lingering goodbye, and invite Ulquiorra over to the group meeting. The green eyed Espada gives Ichigo an indifferent look as he heads over.

"Who's Sora?" Nel asks.

"Inoue's brother. He died when she was twelve," is all he offers.

"How?"

Ichigo debates talking about it further. He decides it's better if the Espada trust his fracción. "He was hit by a car. They took him to my dad's clinic. He died there. Inoue said the last thing she ever said to him was how much she hated him."

"They got into a fight," Nel figures.

"Yes. And he Hollowfied and tried to kill her. But she simply hugged him and apologized for causing him so much pain. I was the one who sent him to the Soul Society after that."

"She's strong," Harrible states. "I'm glad to have her on our side."

"Yes. But Ulquiorra is right. We need to get moving."

Aizen was actually rather easy to find. Considering that everything is on fire, one would think it'd be harder. But no. The thanks should really go to Yamamoto, since he's the one trying to burn the megalomaniac to a burnt crisp of bacon.

"Ah, Ichigo. How nice of you to join us. And look, you brought the Espada," Aizen comments.

The surrounding buildings are destroyed and on fire. Traffic lights are on the ground, glass shards from windows are everywhere. Papers flutter through the sky like snowflakes. The sky is gray from smoke, and it suspiciously smells like burnt flesh. That can only mean citizens were caught in the crossfire.

Ichigo is sick to his stomach. People still died. After everything he's done, people still died. Ichigo doesn't deserve Karakura Town.

"The invasion is over. All Shinigami sent to Las Noches are dead," Ichigo reports.

"Excellent," Aizen grins.

"How could you, Kurosaki! You were one of us!" Yamamoto booms. "We welcome you in, and this is the thanks we get? You're despicable."

"Oh, quit lying. You only accepted me when you realized you can't kill me. Oh, and did you try," Ichigo glares. He doesn't quite know what Yamamoto knows, so he'll keep this up while he can.

"You helped a fugitive."

"You made her a fugitive!" He snaps.

He draws Zangetsu, the Espada following his lead.

"What's the plan, Kurosaki?" Grimmjow snaps.

Ichigo never got the chance to reply. Behind Yamamoto comes a wave of the second half of the Gotei 13. They're battered and bloody and ready to kill. Rukia is among them. She stands beside Yamamoto as the rest of the captains join the frontline.

"Such a shame. This all could've been avoided," Shunsei sighs.

"Yes, a shame," Ukitake agrees.

They send Ichigo looks of knowing. That's good. Rukia told them the truth.

The Cero Espada widens his stance and throws his head back into a roar. The rumbling ground ascends to the skies, ripping open the fabric of this world. The Arrancar flood out like a swarm of killer bees. Hiding in their ranks are the surviving Shinigami from the invasion, but of course, the Shinigami don't know that. Ichigo never told Rukia the plan.

His fracción flash to his side. Chad and Tatsuki slam their fists into the ground, shattering the asphalt beneath as a sign of aggression. Keigo summons a lightning bolt into the palm of his hand, and Mizuiro holds a ball of fire. Inoue and Ulquiorra arrive, both glowing with power. Uryū arms himself with a seele schnider, the blue hue appearing to make his eyes glow.

"Those humans," Unohana gasps. "Three of them have been altered recently."

The captains stare, their lieutenants following suit. What does she mean they were altered? Like when Ichigo gave them their powers?

"How could you use the Hogyoku on human children!" Isane shouts.

"What?" They say collectively.

"I hate to break it to you, but we didn't use the Hogyoku!" Mizuiro calls.

"Yeah, Ichigo gave us these powers!" Keigo shouts.

"He gave them powers? Is that possible?" Ukitake frowns.

Ichigo rolls his eyes. "Rukia, are you ready to end this?"

"Of course," she grins.

The ginger matches her grin. He raises Zangetsu into the air.

"Arrancar! Surround the enemy!"

The swarm of enhanced Hollows take to the skies. They circle Aizen in an instant, surprising the shit out of the megalomaniac. In waves, they throw attacks at him from all angles. Fire then ice then lightning then poison. Inoue throws up a barrier to trap Aizen in the toxic air. He is seen banging on the barrier, and Inoue reacts appropriately. She closes the barrier in, shrinking it down to his figure.

"Hurry! I don't know how long I can hold him!" Inoue shakes.

"Shinigami, find Ichimaru! We need him alive!" Ichigo orders.

From the swarm separates the invasion forces. They split up and set off into shunpo. They cover the city, easily finding Gin crossing swords with Toshiro.

"Come on, he's this way!" Renji waves.

"Rukia, get Rangiku!" Ichigo commands as he leaves with Renji.

"What the hell is happening?" Shunsei demands.

Rukia shrugs, but follows out her orders nonetheless. Renji leads Ichigo to Gin quickly before the fight can get out of hand. Toshiro seems to be going in for the kill.

"Toshiro, stop!" Ichigo shouts.

"Stay out of this, Kurosaki!" Toshiro snaps.

He sends a current of ice at Gin, who manages to dodge it. Renji steps in to help Gin avoid getting impaled. Ichigo shunpo's in front of the white haired captain, hoping to distract him long enough to allow the others to escape.

"Hey, listen to me! We need him alive!"

"He hurt Momo!" Toshiro snaps.

That's right. Gin did something to Momo, a dear friend of Toshiro. Wow, there is so much drama and bullshit in that, Ichigo is afraid to delve into it further. Toshiro gets ready for another attack. Ichigo knocks Hyorinmaru off course, and an ice spike is launched away from Gin.

"It was Aizen's plan! There was never intent to kill Momo where Gin is concerned," Ichigo reasons.

"And I'm supposed to believe you? You're with Aizen!" He retorts.

"No, I'm with Rukia. Aizen was in the way of that. I did what I could to overthrow him."

Toshiro points his zanpakuto at the ginger. "Then why is he still in power if you want to overthrow him?"

"Because I need Gin. If you keep attacking him, I won't have any choice. I'll have to fight you."

"Gin!" Rangiku shouts.

All heads turn. The strawberry blonde stands there beside Rukia with tears in her eyes. There's blood all over her shihakusho that doesn't seem to be her's. Poor thing, Ichigo thinks.

"You gotta let him go," Ichigo tells the captain one last time. "For Rangiku."

Toshiro looks ready to complain, but stops when he sees his lieutenant embrace the snake he's trying to kill. They cling to each other for dear life, and Rangiku curses him in ten different ways, ignoring the tears spilling down her face. He apologizes over and over again, but smiles in relief and love and he's so happy to be able to hold her again.

Hyorinmaru is sheathed. A sigh leaves Toshiro's body sagging. "Fine. But if he hurts anyone else, I won't hesitate."

"Great."

If only that's where his long list of problems ended.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.7K 368 18
I don't own Dragon Ball Z, Bleach, and the Characters in this fan made story. Please support the official Releases from the original creators Akira T...
Belonging By Nina

Fanfiction

157K 4.9K 80
[First Book] Emiko Kurosaki is a 15 year old teen who has no memory of her past. All she remembers was waking up on the streets, at the age of seven...
8.7K 196 44
Ichigo and Tsubaki Kurosaki have always known that they were different from other people. After all only they could see spirits and the two men that...
31.6K 1.1K 50
We all know Gin ichimaru, a snake within the court guard squads. What if I told you even while being such a great and achieving soul reaper, Gin also...