HIS UNFORGETFUL WIFE ✓ [Publi...

By YsabelleMonte2

She has it all except his heart. She had done both amazing and ridiculous things but was still treated as a... More

Prologue
1. The Result
2. Too late
3. The Fall
4. Old friend
5. CEO
6. The Zimmers
7. Formidable Duo
8. Urges
9. Changes
11. Third encounter
12. Hospitality
13. Alexander Gates
YSABELLE MONTE'S Books
14. Shabby
15. Shield
16. Voidable
17. Appeal
18. Prince and Princess
19. The Reverend
20. The Church
21. Feelings
22. Bare
23. Obligations and Duties
24. Promise
25. Her
26. Transition
27. The Ellison Gala
28. A Night
29. Enlighten
30. Revelation
31. A day
32. New chapter
33. Orders
34. Say it
35. Checkmate
36. Rewrite
Hey!
37. Clash
38. The Start
39. Rings
40. As One
41. Wonderland
42. Avenge
43. Countermeasure
44. Surprises
45. Heir
46. Mr. & Mrs.
EPILOGUE 1
EPILOGUE 2
Bonus Chapter

10. Zimmer Grand Ball

118K 4.7K 541
By YsabelleMonte2

"Only courageous hearts can endure the bitterness of truth."
-MB Johnson

#######

They are not married. VOID.

The folder held copies of birth certificates,  certificates of no marriage, denied request on certificate of marriage because of non-existence and other supporting documents coming from the National Registry Office.

Natalia clutched her chest. 'That horrible family'.

She closed her eyes feeling various of emotions competing to reign inside her already drained heart.

Natalia wasn't aware that Jake sat beside her. She wasn't aware when she was held tightly by her brother and cussed the Yushkova family. She wasn't aware when her other friends came over. Heck, she wasn't aware that she was weeping.

After quite sometime, her eyes were already parched of tears. She silently went back to her father's room and lay beside him. Hoping that his icy warmth presence will make these things go away.

#######

Morning came, Natalia fell asleep at Daniel's side. Jake woke her up to have breakfast and to his relief, she willingly obliged.

"Natalia...what are your plans?" Her brother asked breaking the silence. She never heard him call her name for years.

"Are you up for a good show?" She asked while raising her eyebrows. She won't cry no more.

Jake was a little surprised by his sister's demeanor. Calm and confident. A very dangerous combination. His tension was released and he knew that his sibling has a plan. "Be good, sister." He said smiling in return.

"Always, brother. Always." Natalia smirked.

#######

~Natalia's POV~

Yushkova Mansion (day of Zimmer Grand Ball)

"M...madam. The woman is here." I heard the old maid told Victoria.

My mother-in-law reached the lobby where I was standing. Her eyes scanned my limited Ziv-designed peach gown.

*reference picture of the dress only*

"You..what are you doing here?" Victoria's eyes widened waiting to pop out any minute. Her expression mismatched her beautiful evening gown.

"Mother. I'm back." I replied charmingly walking towards to the old woman and gave her a peck on the right cheek.

Before Victoria can respond, I headed to the stairs and walked slowly to our room. I didn't even knock and opened the door.

Lo and behold. 'Here you are.'

I saw Devon zipping up the mermaid dress of Ariel.

*Reference picture of the dress only

Both of them were startled by my presence. Devon separated himself from Ariel with a haste. 'Ouch.'

He looked guilty at me and Ariel's mouth was hanging open. But despite of what I'd witnessed, they saw me smile lovingly.

"What a nice dress, Ariel." I told the woman.

Of course that's genuine...the dress is one of my designs.

"Natalia, it's not what you think." Devon explained.

'Of course it is.'

"I know." I simply replied looking at him with an understanding smile. I stood with Ariel side by side at the front of the mirror holding my head high.

"Are you ready, husband?" I asked beaming in front of the mirror. My eyes looking at Ariel without blinking. I turned around and anchored my hand on Devon's arm.

"Shall we?" I asked him excitedly never giving him time to respond and led him towards the door. I quickly glance at Ariel. 'See you later barbie.'

We descended the stairs. The older couple were already at the foot waiting for us. I've secretly smirked in my head all throughout. 'I'm just starting.'

After a while, Ariel came down with a slight frown on her face. I almost laugh.

When everything's ready, all of us headed out to the Zion Grand Hotel. They are the sponsor of this year's ball.

Arriving at the venue, Jake was waiting for me. He saw me with Devon's arms and his eyes darkened. I came to hug him and told him everything's under control. His body became at ease. He gave me a peck on the forehead and went back inside the banquet hall to see if everything's in place.

I stayed for a while at the Yushkova's circle. Flashing my almost genuine smile in front of the photographers, I gave no space for Ariel. She became an outcast and finally looked for the Zippi family to lessen her embarrassment.

I know the Yushkova will become the talk of the town after this night. 'Can't wait.'

After making sure that I have imprinted on the media that Devon and I made up, I followed my brother and told Devon that Jake needs my assistance to oversee the party. He's very eager to let me go in my delight.

Some of the reporters where gossiping about the scene earlier. I opened my phone to browse and saw few fresh pictures and articles about the grand ball. 'Nice start.'

The night went on smoothly. The last event is soon starting.

"Ladies and gentlemen. The highlight of the night. The date-for-auction segment!" The hosts said with such an energy the room was dominated by applauds.

This is also called charity dating. The portion involves five ladies and five gents who will be 'auctioned' for a date. The highest bidder on each individual will acquire their date for the night only. All proceeds will go to the children foundations over the whole state.

"The last lady to grace the floor is none other than Natalia Zimmer!"

I shot a glaring eyes to my brother. He just shrugged his shoulder and led me to the mini platform beside the auctioneer with a grin.

'What the fudge!'

"Starting bid...five thousand." The auctioneer said.

#######

Author's POV

Sergei almost spit out his wine when he heard Natalia's name. He moved his eyes to looked at his boss who was very silent all night. From the start, Alexander just nodded his head when someone greets him. No one dared to even shake his hands.

"Eight thousand." A man shouted his bid.

"Ten thousand." Another man bid.

"Twelve..."

"Fifteen.." Devon said looking at the other man who was still bidding.

"Twenty!" The other man said smirking at Devon. He then eyed Natalia's body.

"Twenty-five!" Devon uttered.

"Thirty!" The malicious man raised his voice. He knew that Devon already has a date. That Ariel girl. If he won't have Ariel tonight, the Zimmer princess will be a good exchange.

Sergei keeps on looking at Alexander but his boss stayed the same still enjoying his wine. He then looked at Devon who's contemplating if he will still bid or not. Mr. Jake Zimmer cannot bid as an exemption because he was one of the organizers. If no one can bid higher then Ms. Zimmer will be at the mercy of Mr. Genome. Everybody knows how the old mister behaves. He slightly pitied the young madam.

"We hear thirty! Going once, twice, thrice....then----"

"Fifty thousand." A low powerful voice rang through the hall. Heads were turned at the man sitting on the VIP table.

Sergei breathed out as he relaxes himself.

The auctioneer automatically sounded the gavel to finalize the highest bidder.

Ariel couldn't believe someone would spend that much on a date. More likely to her good-for-nothing bestfriend. When Ariel was up for bidding, Devon won over spending only twenty thousand. She cannot accept this. Ariel narrowed her eyes at the brunette woman on the stage.

"Fifty thousand for a date with Ms. Zimmer. Congratulations Mr. Alexander Gates!" The emcee declared.

Natalia glanced at the greek-god looking man who was now staring at her in return. 

Her heart says....'Trouble.'

#######

A/N: I'm not well-verse on any law. So, this is what I've came up with. Hope you understand.

Also the emcee used the maiden name of Natalia as per her instruction.

See you on the next chapter. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

197K 5K 35
Hailey Baxter signed a marriage contract with Xavier Anderson, billionaire of Anderson Inc, as she needed money to pay for her mother's hospital bill...
734K 22.3K 40
• BOOK 1 IN MEANT TO BE SERIES • • COMPLETED • • STANDALONE • ~ "I was never yours." I retorted angrily. "Oh sweetheart. You were always min...
1.1M 34.8K 82
Highest ranking: #1 in Millionaire- 28/04/2021 #8 in Romance- 04/05/2021 (Out of 1.33 Million stories, WOW!!!) #2 in boss 13/11/2021 #1 in bitch- 30...
1M 41.8K 86
#1-night assassins series I picked the leather whips and leaned more into her until her chin rested on my shoulder. I glanced down at her bare ass, I...