Love in thirds

By Nelleke9

Falling in love is different for everybody. Some fall in love the moment their eyes meet, others don't real... More

Authors Note
1.1 Charles & Sofia
1.2 Carlos & Marie
1.3 Daniel & Nell
2.1 Charles & Sofia
2.2 Carlos & Marie
2.3 Daniel & Nell
3.1 Charles & Sofia
3.2 Carlos & Marie
3.3 Daniel & Nell
4.1 Charles & Sofia
4.2 Carlos & Marie
4.3 Daniel & Nell
5.1 Charles & Sofia
5.2 Carlos & Marie
5.3 Daniel & Nell
6.1 Charles & Sofia
6.2 Carlos & Marie
6.3 Daniel & Nell
7.1 Charles & Sofia
7.2 Carlos & Marie
7.3 Daniel & Nell
8.1 Charles & Sofia
8.2 Carlos & Marie
9.1 Charles & Sofia
9.2 Carlos & Marie
9.3 Daniel & Nell
10.1 Charles & Sofia
10.2 Carlos & Marie
10.3 Daniel & Nell
11.1 Charles & Sofia
11.2 Carlos & Marie
11.3 Daniel & Nell
12.1 Charles & Sofia
12.2 Carlos & Marie
12.3 Daniel & Nell
13.1 Charles & Sofia
13.2 Carlos & Marie
13.3 Daniel & Nell
14.1 Daniel & Nell
14.2 Charles & Sofia
14.3 Carlos & Marie
Authors note
Epilogue

8.3 Daniel & Nell

195 6 26
By Nelleke9

You're on your way back to the paddock with Sofia and Marie when Daniel calls you. He barely does that, mostly because he can never find his phone, so you're slightly worried when answering. "Hi babe, wha-" "you won't believe what mom just called for!" he exclaims with his voice cracking. "We can go home without the two-week quarantine!!" you gasp while covering your mouth with your hand, "are you joking! Baby that's amazing, wait I just arrived at the paddock where are you?" you hear him sniffle before he tells you that he's in his drivers room. "Okay, see you in 3 seconds" you say before scanning your pass, waving at the girls who smile at you, while hurrying towards Daniels drivers room.

You're picked up and pressed against Daniels warm body the moment you burst through the door. You wrap your arms around him, burying your face in his neck while trying not to cry. He sets you down after a few minutes but keeps his arms around you when he looks at your teary eyes. You can see that he has been crying too, and you smile at him before pulling his face down for a kiss. "I'm so happy" he whispers, and you nod, unable to say anything due to the emotions you're feeling. "I can't wait to re-introduce you, but now as my girlfriend" he mumbles while burying his face in your neck. You smile, stroking his back, softly swaying side to side, enjoying this moment in his arms.

"Okay, I packed everything already, so I hope you're fully ready for today because we're not coming back to the hotel." You tell Daniel who smiles while nodding, "did you leave out some travel chill clothes?" you look at him with a 'do you even need to ask' look and he puts his hands up in surrender. "Okay, okay, I'm just trying to act like I'm also organized in this relationship. I put half of your equipment in my backpack by the way, so you don't have to carry all that yourself. It was the not breakable equipment since I'm not allowed to touch the rest" he pouts, and you chuckle. "Thanks love, you're amazing. Let's go to the track now, smash this Sunday and fly home afterwards" you kiss him on the lips after making sure that you both have everything, before walking out of the hotel room.

You walk out into the Australian heat after a 9-hour flight, in which you both actually managed to sleep even though you were both so excited. There's only one hour time difference, which is great because that means no jet lag. "It's bloody good to be back, I think I'm going to cry again" you look at Daniel who looks around himself, visibly emotional, before his eyes land on your smiling face. "Finally, home, and with you by my side! Let's go find the car that's waiting for us and drive to my place in Perth. My parents are there already, mom wanted to make sure I came to a liveable home" he says, smiling happily while walking towards the car park.

You enjoy the breeze through the open car window while looking around the landscape that you've seen twice throughout your life, both times with Daniel to visit his family. You look at his hand on your thigh, and smile to yourself. He wasn't touching your thigh the other two times. "What are you smiling about babe?" you look at Daniel, before explaining to him why you were smiling. "I can tell this now, since I already confessed," he winks, "that I very much wanted to put my hand on your thigh back then too." You hum, intertwining your fingers while looking down at your hands. "Maybe we wouldn't have ended up here if you did it back then, so it's fine. It made our feelings only stronger now, don't you think?" he nods, smiling at you before focussing on the road again.

Seeing Daniels family again was incredibly emotional. You feel like you cried more than you did in the last 3 years, and there are multiple mental breakdown cries that have happened over that course of time. You look at Daniel who's sitting outside with his parents, the rest of the family left already, but they will stay here for a few nights. You went inside to get some drinks, and to be alone for a moment, the day was emotional, and sometimes a few minutes alone are enough to recharge your batteries. You walk around the open space that is his kitchen and living room, looking at pictures he put up and his collection of racing things. "Baby?" you hear him call, "I'm here" you say, before you feel his arms around your waist. "You alright?" you hum, before turning around in his arms and looking at his handsome face.

"Just needed a few minutes alone, nothing is wrong. And I wanted to give you and your parents some time together too. I was going to come back soon." He nods, pecking your lips before hugging you. "They are going to bed, so let's say goodnight and go to bed too. It's time we test my bed here too, don't you think?" he wiggles with his eyebrows while you shake your head at him. "You're unbelievable, I'm so tired and you're suggesting such activities!" he laughs, "I'll do all the work babe, you can just enjoy" winking at you before pulling you outside to finish the drinks you made. His parents go to bed a little later, and you and Daniel clean up before getting ready for bed as well.

You're under the fresh sheets already when Daniel slips under them, moving towards you immediately. "Come here" he murmurs, softly kissing you while stroking your bare skin. "I'm an incredibly lucky man" he says before hovering over you. "Let me make you feel good baby" he whispers, softly kissing you.

The next few days are spent with his family and friends, every day other people come over, and you enjoy meeting everyone. Daniel introduces you to everyone while his arm is around your waist or while he's holding you hand, proudly announcing that you're "finally" his girlfriend. You luckily know some people already, so it's not totally scary to be around so many people that you don't know well. You decided that two days would be spend with just the two of you, before spending the last days with his closest family again.

"What did you want from the grocery story again, babe? I'm going right now so we can have a barbie together" Daniel says, walking towards you while you're lying on a blanket on the grass, enjoying the sun. "I made a list for you, it was on the counter, right?" he hums, crouching down next to you while trailing his fingers over your exposed skin. "Yeah, just wanted an excuse to talk to you" you giggle, while holding a hand above your eyes to block the sun, so you can look at him. "You're so adorable, but I think I didn't put strawberries on the list, so if you could bring those too? I want to make a fruit salad" he nods, taking the note from his pocket before taking the pen that's lying next to you, writing it down. "Alright, I'm going to go now then. If you need anything else just call me" he leans down, kissing you softly before standing up. "See ya round like a rissole" he says, waving at you before leaving you in the sun.

After Daniel is back from his shopping trip you send him outside, so he can get his beloved barbie on. "Babe!" you call out, "yeah?" "For how many people did you do groceries?" He laughs, jogging towards you before wrapping his arms around you and twirling you around. "We're always having the same conversation when I do the shopping! What's that about?" you look at him and smile. He looks so incredibly happy, the sun has brightened his mood, and being home has finally given you the Daniel back that you missed so much. "I just like nagging you, you honestly buy groceries like a child, only things you really like! But it's okay, I think a part is for when the rest joins us again tomorrow evening right?" he nods, kissing you softly while setting you down. "Yeah, I bought everyone's favourite things, that's why it's so much" you nod, pecking him on the lips before stepping out of his embrace. "Alright, I'm going to get started on preparing the food, do you want to help later?" he nods, "will check on the barbie and then I'll help babe."

You spend the entire evening in the garden. You went for an evening swim after you finished with eating and cleaning up, and now you're in your lounge outfit, cuddled up by the firepit. "I love you" Daniel mumbles while pressing a kiss on the small patch of exposed skin on your shoulder. You hum, cuddling closer to him while tracing imaginary figures over his clothed chest, "I love you too." You can feel how he smiles, which makes you smile too.

"I have an idea" he proposes suddenly, and you nod while sitting up a bit so you can look at him. "Let's post a picture of our hands, where you can see my 3 tattoo and your tiny flower that's on your hand." You cock you head sideways, slightly confused, "why?" He chuckles nervously, "because I want to go 'insta official' with you, just like C&C with the girls. We need to hang out with the four of us someday soon by the way." You nod, "yeah we should, but are you sure you want to go official with me?" he nods excitedly, pulling out his phone already. You take a few photos before picking the best one. He posts it with a simple white heart, before putting his phone away and wrapping his arms around you.

"I'm so happy that we could come home for a bit. It's amazing to be here again, especially with you. I hope that we can celebrate Christmas here, if you won't mind celebrating here?" he asks, and you shake your head. "Of course, I don't mind. Maybe we can figure something out with asking my family to fly here too?" he pulls away a bit to look at your face. "You'd do that?" you nod, slightly confused, "yeah, why wouldn't I? We don't have a special something with Holland like you do with Australia, and my mom has always wanted to visit so why not? If it's possible then let's do it." He strokes your cheeks, kissing you softly, full of emotion.

"I can't even put into words how happy that made me. That really means a lot, thank you" he says softly, you smile at him, raking your hand through his curls while pulling him into a hug. "You don't have to thank me for that babe, I like this idea and I love being around your family." He hums, "let's celebrate a Straya Chrissy this year then love!" you chuckle while nodding. "Let's go to bed now though, I want fall asleep while holding you." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.2K 2.2K 11
appetence an eager desire, an instinctive inclination; an attraction or a natural bond Loving him was a losing game from the beginning, he knew this...
C^2 By kat3_11

Fanfiction

12.3K 289 37
[C^2] Carlos Sainz & Chloe Shaw What happens when you actually fall in love with your best friend's girlfriend?
47.6K 803 31
No one knows her face. Just her name.
102K 2.7K 66
Sequel to Red... Absence makes the heart grow fonder. But out of sight out of mind? Hmm, I can't quite decide which is true. I mean, I can't forget...