5,160 Miles [Billie Eilish]

By biladdiction

Reese is awoken by a FaceTime call in the middle of the night. She had no idea that the call would lead to he... More

AUTHOR NOTE
CHARACTER DESCRIPTIONS
Stranger
Learning you
Facetime
5160 miles
Its been over a month
Soft
Falling
What's an ocean or two?
First date
I know her, but do i?
Ready
Im sorry
They picked me to love
Remain calm
I love
Whatever you want
Everything i wanted
Dreaming
Nervous
Anticipation
In with the new
A special moment
Welcome
Broken trust
He's never late
I know fear
Maniacal laughter
Nostalgia
I'll miss you
Dont say it
She gets me
Completed checklist
Last meal
See you later
This is it
Do not overthink
Blurry
Ironic
AUTHOR NOTE
new book
new book

Is this real?

6.3K 176 94
By biladdiction

I turned to Tom whilst Billie greeted the others, "I can't believe you."

He let out a mighty belly laugh, "did you really think that the jewellery was my idea of a thoughtful present?" True Tom, very true.

Somehow none of the dots connected. Ria would never go out alone, and Jules is far too sweet to ask me to work on my birthday.

"We're still going on a date by the way," Billie said sternly.

"Mhm" shit, I'm so nervous around her.

Billie got to know the others for ten minutes or so whilst I stood in the corner with Tom, "you've outdone yourself, Mr.Webb."

Tom patted himself on the back proudly, "are you happy?"

"I am. I am so happy," Tom held his arms open and I fell into them, "I don't know why you did this for me. I can't thank you enough."

Tom rubbed my back gently, "do you really want to know why?"

I nodded into his chest, "I believe that she's your one great love Reese."

A lump developed in my throat, and I made no attempt to get rid of it. I peered up at him, and then browsed the room for Billie, my eyes quickly landing on her, admiring her features, "me too."

We pulled away from the hug and Tom insisted that Billie and I go over to his in a couple of days for some dinner. I obviously agreed, and after I thanked him a further hundred times he left to go home.

Jules invited us over too, and we arranged a date. Ria and I didn't even need to plan because we knew for sure it'd be happening.

Suddenly it was just me and her. Alone. At last.

"I drove here." I stated quietly.

"Baby, stop being so nervous," she giggled, wrapping her arm around my shoulder.

"No because have you seen yourself?" I joined in her laughter.

"Dude, shut up you look so beautiful right now..."

We finally reached my car and I began driving, "I wanna see where you go when you need to be alone."

I very quickly turned to look at her, sending her a raised brow look, "come on, don't tell me you don't have a place..."

I took a sharp left, "ok," I nodded my head cutely, "we will go to my place."

I continued to drive the familiar route. I guess although we're all different, we're all the same. We all have a hiding place. It could be anywhere, but it's your place.

I parked the car on a tiny carpark, "I remember you telling me about this, is this the lake where you realised you just wanted to hold me?" She joked, shoving my shoulder lightly.

"I don't remember, sorry," I nudged her back, sending her a cocky smile.

"I can't believe I can just do this..." she grabbed my hand and ran circles on it with her thumb, "or this..." she then brushed her fingers through my hair with her free hand, "I can't believe I can talk to you, in person."

I locked my eyes with hers, "I know."

Billie stood up quickly, pulling me up at the same time, "we need to leave."

I was a little startled at her abruptness, "why?"

Billie looked toward the floor, then back at me, then back to the floor, "because if we don't I'm going to kiss you, and I can't kiss you at your place because that's your place."

I definitely blushed, I felt my cheeks burning more than they ever have.

I decided to take Billie to a little restaurant near my house. I'd never been with Ria or Tom before. I did go with my parents a couple of times, and on my own a couple more times since. They have amazing vegetarian and vegan options. I generally go there to read a book, or do some online course work.

We sat down in a secluded booth. We both ordered a drink, I opted for a grape soda whilst Billie got a water. "Everything is so different here." I nodded understandably, I can imagine my head would explode if I went to LA.

My town is small, homing only roughly twenty thousand people. If you think, that's only an arena of people. It sounds a lot, but it isn't. We are limited on what we have. No Ubers, no Uber eats. No McDonalds or KFC - I don't care much about that though since I don't eat those.

"I like it though." She added as she pulled the hair ties out that we're holding her buns in place. "Yeah, I've never known any different." She ran her fingers through her now down hair, "I want to take you to LA one day."

"I want to go to LA with you one day."

She sent me a smirk, "one day."

it didn't take long for the waitress to arrive. We told her what we'd like and she scurried away to tell the kitchen.

The longer we sat the more comfortable I began to feel. She'd rested her hand on my thigh, squeezing it every now and again which I tried my best not to pay attention to but ultimately failed. She had a cocky smile on her face each time she did it, making it that much harder to ignore. She knew exactly what she was doing.

"I want to ask you something." Her voice had a serious tone to it. "Go for it," her eyes scanned down my body before looking up and reaching my hazel ones. "When did you realise you were into girls?"

I thought back, but I couldn't actually remember ever not liking them. "I always liked girls. I remember all my friends liking boys, and I just never felt that way." Billie nodded, "why? When did you?" Her cheeks turned a cute shade of pink. "When I accidentally FaceTimed you." Liar. "You're telling me that I was your gay awakening? No way." She laughed a little and buried her head into her hands. "I was your gay awakening," I repeated proudly.

We carried on talking for a short while over our meal before we both agreed that we wanted to head to my house. She was completely jet lagged. Poor baby. She was also complaining about how much she needed to shower, I haven't travelled much myself but I'm big on hygiene and I feel disgusting if I don't shower morning and night so I can't imagine how she felt.

We pulled up to my driveway and Billie let out a big exhale. "You ok?" I questioned, concern running through my voice. "It's just surreal." I silently agreed before jumping out and walking over to open her door for her. She jumped out and we jointly grabbed her suitcases and bags from the boot.

"Welcome to my crib" I laughed as I unlocked the front door. Billie walked through first since I held the door open for her. She dropped her bags to the side and circled in the middle of the living room floor. "This shit is fucking weird." I laughed as I turned to lock the door. "Like I've watched you live your life in this house for the last two and a half months, and now I'm stood here." I walked toward her, and for some reason I was browsing the room myself. "Even weirder, the girl I've fallen in love with over FaceTime is stood right next to me after two and a half months."

"Sorry, say that again I didn't hear." I teased and she wrapped her arms around my waist from the back, pulling me down onto the sofa. "Which part?" She paused as she tapped her forehead. "Oh, the part where I said I've fallen in love with you?" I couldn't help but giggle as I landed on her. "Yeah, that's the part."

I picked up the bags again and led her upstairs, "and this..." I banged my fist against the wall to imitate a drumroll, "this is where the magic happens." I opened the door to reveal my bedroom. I must admit I was in love with my bedroom. Tom redecorated it for me, he hired decorators, interior designers, furniture assemblers, you name it he hired it. "Yo, this is nice." She elongated the nice as she scanned the room, a half smile appearing as she noticed her hoodie on the bed.

"You can use my en-suite, or the family bathroom that's across the hall, use any products that you want." I pointed in the directions of each room. I wanted her to feel as welcome as possible, she would be living here for the next month.

"Thank you baby." She grabbed my hands, interlocking our fingers. She slowly trailed her gaze from the floor, up my body and eventually landing on my face. "It's so good to be able to touch you." Yes. Yes it is.

Billie went off for a shower in the en-suite and I used the time to get myself changed for bed. I just threw on one of my oversized t-shirts and tied my hair into a bun. I had no energy to walk to the family bathroom so I decided makeup wipes would do the job for tonight. The girl had seen me in some states so I really didn't care what I looked like. I turned the LED lights blue, and switched on the tv, attempting to make it cosy for when she came back.

About ten minutes later billie walked out the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her. "Hey you." She said with an innocent smile. "Hey there." I threw her one of my oversized shirts with matching shorts knowing she wasn't in the mood to search through her suitcase and bags right now. "You're an angel." I nodded in agreement.

She sat herself down on the edge of the bed, her back facing me. The towel dropped revealing her perfect curves. Close your fucking eyes Reese, have some respect. I mentally slapped myself before throwing my hands over my eyes. It took a few seconds for Billie to realise I wasn't looking. "Aren't you adorable." She was dressed now, and crawling toward me. "I try to be."

Once she reached me she pulled back the cover and flopped down next to me. "Is this real?" I softly pinched her arm causing her to let out an over dramatic "ouch"

I rolled my eyes, "you asked, softie."

Suddenly she sat up and leaned over me, her hands pinning my own down. "I'm not soft." I bit my lip without meaning to. "Whatever you say." I winked and she let out an adorable laugh.

"No but seriously, this feels too good to be true." She lowered her body down and placed a kiss on my forehead before lying back down next to me. Cutie.

"Come here." She ordered as she straightened out her arm. I cuddled into her, my head resting on her chest. For months I'd fallen asleep to the sound of her breaths. Tonight I can literally hear her heartbeat.

"This feels way too good to be true." I said as I looked toward her, she smiled down at me. Our faces inches apart. I think we both knew that we wanted that moment to be special though. Every moment so far had been.

"I really do fucking love you." She whispered, her voice getting raspier the more tired she became.

"I love you more."

At some point I fell asleep. No FaceTime, no background noises. Just the warmth of her body, the sound of her heartbeat and the feeling of completeness.

I locked the door once before I fell asleep. For the first time in four years, I locked the door once. I didn't feel compelled to check it over and over. I felt so safe in her arms that nothing else mattered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.3K 1.2K 23
When fake dating someone there are 3 main rules. 1. Don't catch feelings 2. You're just friends - remember that 3. Don't get fucking attached But all...
166K 4.2K 47
Y/n is somewhat a regular 17 year-old. She goes to sixth form, and hates it like every other teenager, comes home to her family and just gets on with...
55.6K 1K 13
"Do you really hate me that much that you cant even ride with me?" She asked. I sighed. "I dont hate you, I just get annoyed by you. . ." __________...
62.2K 1.7K 25
Reese and Billie got to know each other through an accidental face time call, it didn't take long for them to fall for each other. There was one prob...