Connections

Door awsmpants

[COMPLETED] "Its you and me. Us...forever. No matter the year, time, past...future." ... Meer

Prologue
Part 1: The First Avenger
1: Mission
2: Steve
3: Hit Me
4: Jump
5: Whips and Fiddle
6: You
7: Us, Forever
8: Last Mission
9: See You Again
10: The Return
11: Adjustments
Part II: Hydra
12: Taken
13: The Rules
14: Hotel Inessa
15: Off the Grid
16: Grim Reaper
17: Remembrance
18: A Plan
19: The Winter Soldier Program
20: Escape
Part III: Recovery
21: Forgotten
22: Comfort
23: Recall
24: Boxed
Part IV: The Winter Soldier
25: Museum
26: Fury
27: Run and Hide
28: Run
29: Falcon
30: Sitwell
31: Bucky
33: The Kind You Save
34: Find You Again
35: A New Path
Part V: Age Of Ultron
36: Celebration
37: Ultron
38: Reunited
39: Lost In Darkness
40: Pawns
Part VI: Civil War
41: The Search
42: The Sokovia Accords
43: Peggy Carter
44: Romania
45: Berlin
46: Not the Only One
47: Safe House
48: Little Calm
49: Helmut Zemo
49: The Truth
50: Wakanda
51: Tony Stark
52: Doctor Strange
53: Layla and the Time Stone
54: The Surprise
Epilogue
Authors Note

32: Memories

275 8 0
Door awsmpants

My body began to shake as his familiar blue eyes locked back on to me. He face held an angry scowl as stood back up fully. I couldn't breath. My mind was racing as Steve and I both stared in shock.

I was right. He was alive.

"Bucky?" Steve called out his voice shaking a little bit. Bucky's expression softened a bit and turned into one of confusion. He broke his eyes away from mine and looked at Steve.

"She said that name before? Who is Bucky?" He asked. He looked concerned as he shifted his eyes back to mine.

Bucky?

Who the hell is Bucky?

The pain in my head completely took over. I fell to the ground as a shrill scream escaped my mouth. My brain felt as if it was going to explode. The memories were coming back. Everything all at once. My Hydra capture. Them showing me who the Winter Soldier was so I would comply. Our missions. Him remembering. The warnings. Everything came back.

Steve ran to my side and helped me up. I continued to scream as more memories flooded in. He helped break me out of the Hydra base. He was supposed to escape with me. My breathing became heavy as I looked back up to Bucky. His eyes shifted as if he was beginning to remember to. I watched as he lifted his hand up and began to walk towards us.

The pain began to subside in my head as he stopped moving. He looked confused. Worried. His hand shook unsure if he should get closer. Before any of us could make another move a whizzing sound flew past Steve and I. I watched as a grenade hit the car by Bucky causing a large explosion.

"No!" I yelled trying to run forward. I felt Steve's grip tighten around me, keeping me back. The car flipped and the fire subsided. I stared at the spot where Bucky stood. He had already disappeared. I fell back to my knees as I stared at the smoke lifting into the air.

Tears began to well up into my eyes. I was right. This whole time I was right. I didn't know what to do. I needed to find him again. See him again. 

Sirens filled the silence as blacked out police cars surrounded us. My focus didn't leave the spot Bucky was standing at though. Many agents surround us with their guns drawn. I felt Steve shake me a bit before letting go and lifting his hands into the air. I broke out of my trance and looked around. There was no getting out of here. At least thirty agents were around us.

All of them yelled with their guns drawn at us. One by one they placed cuffs around our wrists and dragged us all into an armored truck. 

They could arrest me. I could care less. My mind was on Bucky.

I sat by Steve as we all sat in silence. Steve began to talk through what happened. As if not believing he saw Bucky. I stared at the ground below me as the truck tussled my body around slightly.

"He looked right at me like he didn't even know me." Steve said. He sounded so sad.

"That would be the memory suppression Hydra does." I mumbled.

"How is that even possible? It was, like, seventy years ago." Sam asked.

"When him and his unit were captured in '43, he was tested and injected with Zola's version of the serum. Which helped him survive the fall. Soviets found him. Gave him to Hydra. Hydra wiped his memory and He's been in and out of cryostasis since then. Being woken up to do whatever dirty deed they need him to. " I answered.

I groaned again and tilted my head back against the wall behind me. The pain in my head began to emerge again before slowly subsiding. Steve head turned to me with a concerning look. I shut my eyes tightly before opening them again.

"You okay?" He asked. I kept my sight on the ceiling and nodded my head.

"Yeah, the memories they suppressed are flooding back all at once." I took a deep breath as another sharp pain came through. I rolled my eyes and squinted a bit as well all fell silent.

I took another deep breath and leaned my body over my knees.

"I remember everything now." I said quietly. My heart felt like it was breaking as began thought back to everything, "I was there with him at the Hydra base. They used him a leverage so I wouldn't try to escape. Then erased any memory I had of him being there before Tony got me." I leaned back again and looked back down on the floor. I shook my head and closed my eyes. I felt the tears beginning to develop. I tried my best to swallow them back.

"He's been trapped there for so long and I forgot." I said.

"You didn't forget. Your memory was wiped. You can't blame yourself for that." Sam spoke up. I shifted my eyes over to him as he gave me a stern look. I felt the tears falling down my cheek. My lips twitched as I tried to hold my emotions back.

"I still should've remembered. How does someone forget the love of their life didn't actually freaking die." I said, "Out of all the memories I regained, that one I didn't?" I scoffed and shook my head. I felt Steve reaching his hand out from under the large cuffs on his wrists and grabbing mine. He squeezed it tightly as I rubbed my eyes against my shirt. I heard a slight soft moan in front of me as Steve let go of my hand.

Both Sam and I looked over at Natasha as she leaned her bead back. My eyes focused down to her shoulder. A red liquid was flow out and stained her jacket. She had been shot and was bleeding tremendously. Sam quickly turned to the guard next to him.

"We need to get a doctor here. We don't put pressure on that wound she's gonna bleed out." Sam demanded. The two guards just stared as we all waited for some sort of assistance. Sam began to become annoyed. Before any of us could react the guard next to Sam pulled out an electric rod. They slammed it into the other one and neutralized him before knocking him out. We all stared in silence as the guard lifted their hands to their helmet. They pulled it off and let out a long sigh.

Agent Hill sat by us shaking her head.

"Ah, that thing was squeezing my brain." She said as she closed her eyes then opened them to refocus on us. Sam looked at her confused as I let out a sigh of relief. She looked over at Sam then back at Steve and I.

"Who's this guy?" She asked. Sam being the new guy had been throwing people off. Sam shook his head as I let out a soft chuckle.

Agent Hill manages to break all of us out. When we escaped she took us into a abandoned secret facility. We walked through the dark concert covered halls as Steve held onto Natasha. Her wound had gotten worse and she was close to passing out. Two doctors ran up to Natasha getting ready to take her.

"She'll want to see him first." Hill responded. She walked us towards a door and opened it up. We all walked in slowly.

I took a sharp breath as I muttered to myself, "You're kidding me." I stared up as Fury laid in a bed in front of us. A doctor sat on the side as they sat Nat down. He began looking at her wounds as Fury just stared at us.

"About damn time." He said casually.

We sat around as Fury began to explain how he was alive. All the injuries he had gained from everything before. Natasha sat as the doctor finished stitching her up. I leaned against the door frame, my arms crossed.

"Why all the secrecy?" I asked.

"Any attempt of the directors life had to look successful." Hill answered. I shook my head and glared.

"Can't kill you if you're already dead. Besides, I wasn't sure who to trust." He finished as he looked over at me.

I scoffed, "You trusted me warning me about Shield, but not you being alive?"

"I wasn't sure how deep it ran. I needed to be sure you still followed my orders even after I died." Fury replied back. I rolled my eyes and just kept glaring. All this was getting to me. I felt the anger begin to boil. I quickly turned around and walked out of the room.

"Why is she so angry." I could hear Fury ask. I walked away before anything else was said. This was all too much. Another person close to me still alive. My head was spinning. Bucky being at that bridge. Being the Winter Soldier once more. I leaned against the wall. I took a deep breath as my body slid down against it. I wrapped my arms around my legs tightly before burring my head into it.

The headaches were returning once more. Along with the tears. I took deep breaths trying to make sense of everything. I heard footsteps come up beside me before stopping. I pulled my head away as Steve stood beside me. His hands shoved into his pockets.

"I guess I should've listened to you." Steve began to speak. I didn't say anything. Just kept my stare to the ground. Steve could tell I was beating myself up. "Layla don't blame-"

"He remembered." I stopped him before he could finish. I turned my head to him. I could see the astonished look on his face, "He remembered...when we were at the beach house in Florida."

Steve walked closer to me, "Layla..."

The tears fell. My nose began to run a bit. I took a deep breath and leaned my head against the wall. I looked up at the ceiling. Remembering our short lived love story at the beach house. I shifted my gaze over to Steve. The pain in his eyes matching mine.

"I told him we'd get us both out." My voice was cracking and shaking, "I made him promise not to let them know he got his memories back. I made him stand there and do nothing while I was tortured. But when they wiped my memories he snapped."

Steve looked down at the ground and nodded his head. He took a deep breath and sat down next to me. I looked back down at my hands. I clenched them together to stop them from shaking.

"He risked his life...freedom from Hydra. Just to get me out."

Steve said nothing. Just let me cry it out. He wrapped his arm over my shoulder. He pulled me close to him as I leaned my head against his shoulder. He just let me sit there and cry. Let it all out all at once.

I knew I needed to go back and figure things out with Fury. Figure out what our next plan was. However, I needed this moment. Steve being the man that he is was letting me have it. I could tell he needed it too. The love of my life, his best friend, was alive. We both couldn't believe it. 

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

5.7K 96 44
Y/N and Bucky's time in Wakanda was needed and helpful after the previous months of chaos. After three months away, they decide it's time to return t...
15K 343 38
"You told me you would help me." "That was a long time ago." "So is that a no? Because I could really use a hand right now. Or a suture kit." In whic...
1.5M 19.2K 180
‼️The story is in 2 parts, Enjoy!! Self-insert‼️ You are a former Black Widow who has been in hiding for years. You have made amends and have dealt w...
228K 6.9K 30
Part One of the "No Tricks" Trilogy. Sergeant James Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes AKA The Winter Soldier doesn't remember much of his past. You are a forme...