Eternally

By kazbrekkersgf

Oriya Deronte, the American Mafia's future Donna. She was destined to be the queen. Skills in assassination a... More

1. unexpected guest
2. wasn't me
3. friends?
4. head on a plate
5. the letter
6. the perfect excuse
7. truce
8. small mission
9. the train
10. don't move
11. drugged
12. sticky note apology
13. onsies
14. apology
15. trust me?
16. blood bath
17. fight me?
18. give them a show
19. his shoes
20. father's wrath
21. be honest
22. betro
23. run like hell
24. the cake
25. home
26. theo's birthday
27. my secret
28. the challenge
29. his knife
30. true menace
31. huge distraction
32. yellow skittle
33. nerf guns
34. sworn enemy
35. foghorn
36. pay the price
37. cold as ice
38. bloody mary
39. movie night
40. sharpie
41. missed calls and texts
42. ugly heart
43. crab legs
44. my ride
46. my girlfriend
47. someone else
48. sick and twisted
49. snoop dogg
50. keeping secrets
51. protect each other
52. a mass murder
53. my true love
54. house tour
55. cruel and odious
56. heart
57. unravelled secrets
58. family
59. friendship
60. our thing
61. date night
62. settling scores

45. tolerate

14.1K 342 177
By kazbrekkersgf

Chapter 45

Oriya Deronte

Tina stumbles back at the impact. She falls flat on her ass and a high pitched scream leaves her mouth. She grunts and gets back up on her feet. Her foot comes to my face but I dodge. I let a cocky smile onto my face, just to spite her.

A pair of footsteps echo through the room as they rush down the steps to arrive wherever the fuck I am. My men are finally fucking here. Took them long enough. Tina stills in her position and reached behind her back.Her hand comes back out with a knife as she circles around me.

She stands behind me as her knife is held to my neck. The two men bring out their guns and point it to the doors. Tina was breathing heavily behind me and her hand was shaking against me.

Who let this woman kidnap someone and become an assassin? I would like to talk.

My own breathing and heart paces as I wonder if whichever one of my men this was, would die before they get me free. Judging by the footsteps, only one person came down here for me. The steps stop as they reach the bottom.

The place gets quiet and the only thing you can hear is each other's breathing. I tug on the ropes holding my arms up, hoping they would fall down but they fall down. They're tied with metal for fucks sake.

A small bomb gets thrown into the cell. My eyes widened.

I don't know if they made a separate plan without me but I do not remember saying to fucking blow me up with the Australian mafia. This was not the plan.

"Well... fuck." I said, accepting the fact I was going to die today.

Tina drops the knife and in that split second the bomb goes off. I close my eyes, waiting for an explosion but nothing happens. I hear 3 gun shots ring in the air. I scream, assuming one of them hit me.

"Stop screaming, witch." A voice I know all too well speaks.

I open one eye to see Vincent standing there with a scowl on his face as he breaks the lock on the door with his bare hands.

The room was smokey instead of burning down with fire. I look at the little device on the ground and see that it's releasing smoke. It was a smoke bomb. I cover my nose and mouth with my shoulder, wiping my tears as I do.

I gape at him, unable to say anything. He walks in and stands directly in front of me. He uses his knife and cuts the rope down, letting my arms free. I still sit on the ground, staring at the dork as contentment runs through my veins.

I look at the people in the room. I can tell none of them are dead as their chests go up and down slowly and barely.

"I'm not going to kill them yet. They hurt you so I'll hurt them worse." He speaks.

His eyes finally go over my current clothing and he tilts his head.

"What happened here?" He asks, taking off his jacket and putting it around me. He crouches down in front of me and runs his thumb along the little cut on my cheeks. His lips curve down into a frown as he raises his eyebrow at me.

He notices my tear stained cheeks as well and his frown only gets deeper as confusion glints in his eyes.

I decided not to tell him what Tina and her men tried to do. Knowing him, he would kill them, bring those three back to life just to kill them again.

"You're here for me?" I ask. I thought he wouldn't, considering how much he hated the plan.

"You're one of the two people I can tolerate. Of course I'm here." He said, shrugging his shoulders.

I pulled his jacket around me as I covered my exposed area.

"Why isn't your dress on?" He asks, as his eyes furrowed in confusion, looking at the torn dress pushed in the corner.

"I don't know." I lied.

He sends me a skeptical look, knowing I'm lying just not knowing why.

"Angelo is sleeping by the way. Once we blow this place up, he's dead." I inform.

"That's nowhere close to what I'm worried about right now." He says softly, running thumb across my cheek.

Without even thinking about what I'm doing, I push myself towards him and lean on his chest. I just needed some comfort right now and I found that most in him. He was warm as always. I could feel his heart thumping against my ear.

He tenses for a second but then his arms circle around me and he pulls me closer to him. I think he sees I wasn't in the right place to be able to talk. He runs his fingers lightly through my hair as I try my hardest not to break down.

"You okay amore? Do I need to kill someone?" He whispers in my hair.

"You nearly did." I whisper back.

He tenses and it seems as if something clicked in his head. He looked down to what I was wearing and then to the two men, lying unconscious in the room. His face goes blank again and his grey eyes fill with rage.

Vince pulls out his phone and calls someone. It's barely audible but in less than 10 seconds, 7 men come down and carry the three out. One of them raises 6 fingers at Vincent and he nods.

They were all dressed in black, meaning nobody would suspect something if they walked around in the house. Just like the plan said. Everything went according to plan.

He turns back to me and pulls me to him again, "Did they..?"

I shake my head sniffing, "No."

"5 minutes boss!" Someone shouts from the top of the stairs.

He looks at me and I nod, letting him know I'm ready. He stands up himself and pulls me up along with him. He lets me go up the stairs first as he holds onto my waist to make sure I don't trip or fall.

We make it to the top and I grip onto his arm as we run through the halls, trying to get out the front before we blow up. I let him guide me since I remember nothing about how the hell I got out of here.

The whole place is covered in dead or barely breathing body's. The once white tiled floors were painted with red blood and I tried my hardest not to slip on it.

Thank the gods above that the floors above the one we were currently on were soundproof. I found that out when nobody realized I was escaping the other day even when I accidentally smashed so many vases and shit.

Nobody on the higher floors would hear the gunshots or anything that went down here. That was good because it meant Angelo was still asleep upstairs and had no idea he was about to burn.

I stumble behind Vincent, running as fast as my feet can carry me. My heart trashes against my chest. Vincent's grip on my hand is as tight as a vice, making sure I stay with him and not fall behind.

We're in the lion's den.

As we turn the corner, so close to the front door, a man runs into us. We both freeze, praying he doesn't scream or tell anyone we're here. Not that anyone would notice. His eyes go wide and he reaches in his waistband. It comes back out with a knife.

Vincent pulls me behind him and raises his hands in surrender, "Put it down."

I wonder why he did that but then I see his gun tucked into his waistband. I slowly pull it out and quietly load it, ready to shoot. It had a silencer on already so the gun shots wouldn't nearly deafen me.

"No way." The man says lunging for Vince.

They grab each other by the shoulders and Vincent shoves him to a wall. The man smashed his head into Vince's nose, making it bleed. Vincent throws a punch to his face and the guy retaliates by trying to stab Vince.

I would shoot but, Vince is in the way and I'll die myself before I kill him.

Thankfully Vincent dodges it and I get a clear shot at the man. I take it and the middle of his head bleeds through a hole. I ask Vincent if he's okay. He gives me a nod and we continue running.

We make it to the front and Vince pushes me ahead, to run in front. I still don't let go of his hand as I run to the men waiting for us. I turn around as I get a safe distance away.

Loud ticking could be heard from where we stood. I hear the screams of the people inside, seeing people running from the windows. I guess they heated the ticking from the outside walls. I flinch when the place blows up before my eyes. Vincent notices and runs his hands up and down my arms, soothing me.

A smirk lifts upon my face, "We won Vince."

"We did."

***

I shut the door to the car as I waited for Vince to get out as well. The driver went his own way as we got into the house. We didn't go back to Vincent's mansion. He has a small safe house about 30 minutes away so we decided to spend the night there and go back to the mansion tomorrow.

"Vince?"

"Hm?" He hums.

"What's going to happen to those guys?" I ask.

He shakes his head, "You don't want to know."

I nod and make my way to the kitchen for some water. I can hear him following behind me as I do. The bastard refuses to leave me alone now. Even in the car, he kept pinching me to make sure I was really there.

"Oh," He says suddenly, "last time, it was Tina that hurt you right?"

"Yeah, why?" I say, walking back to the living room and sitting on the couch.

"Just making sure."

Vince puts his gun on the table as do I. He sits down on the couch as well, groaning in what seemed like pain as he does. I raise an eyebrow at him in question. He shakes his head, brushing me off. My eyes narrowed on his shoulder where his black shirt seemed a little wet.

"Vince!" I shoot up from my spot, "You're bleeding!"

He shrugs, "It's fine."

I shake my head at him, refusing to accept that. Under the coffee table, there was a First Aid kit. I pulled it out and stood in front of Vincent. He looks up at me,

"It's fine amore. Trust me." He says, trying to convince me.

"No it's not." I say, opening the kit and taking out whatever I need, "Why didn't you mention it dork?"

"Because it's not a big deal. I'm fine." He waves dismissively.

I reject his reason and lightly smack his head. I started to unbutton his shirt, starting from the top. As I go lower and lower, his hands shoot to the sides, gripping tightly. I smirk at the effect I have on him. He notices,

"You'll regret being so damn smug darling, I promise."

I roll my eyes at his empty threat and begin dabbing the cut on his shoulder with alcohol to make sure it doesn't get infected. His hands shoot to my waist, his grip tightening each time I apply more.

"I've never hated you more." He hisses at the burning.

I laugh making his lips lift at the corners, "I thought I was one of the two people you can tolerate?"

He rolls his eyes at me and slips his hand under my shirt, now resting on my bare skin. I don't do anything to stop him. I bit my lip to hide the smile fighting to show on my lips. He stares at them and brings his thumb, pulling my bottom lip from my teeth.

"Don't do that in front of me baby." His hoarse voice says.

I gulp as I feel myself getting wet. All he even did was call me baby and literally just speak. He lets a smirk on his face, glad he got me back.

I was bent over at my waist since I had to lean down from where I was in order to help him. I was still in just shorts, my bra, and his jacket. His gaze lingers at my chest and he licks his lips, looking away and all around the place.

Since I'm standing and he was sitting, one of my hands rests on his un-injured shoulder and the other does the tending. I click my tongue, it's hard to get into a good position. He takes his hands off my waist and puts them on my hips instead.

"What?" He questions.

"It's hard to get a good angle on it." I answer.

I release a breath in frustration. Fuck this. I throw his hands off my hips. He scowls at me and goes to put them back but I shove them away again. His scowl only gets deeper. I roll my eyes at him and put my legs on either side of him until I'm seated on his lap.

His eyebrows lightly raise, "You didn't have to clean the cut as an excuse to sit on my lap darling. This seat is yours, anytime you want it."

"It better be." I say too quietly for him to hear.

His eyes fall onto my necklace with the lego piece and he plays with it with his hands. Vince pulls out his own chain from under his shirt and connects our hearts.

He leans his head on my shoulder as I continue cleaning it. His hair tickles my neck. I feel his breath on my shoulder and shift on his lap. As I do, I feel something hard under me. I can tell a smirk is plastered on his face right now.

He brings his head up and moves a strand of hair from my face, "Want to help me with that too amore?"

I roll my eyes, "Shut up Laurent."

I finish wrapping it up and sit down next to him. I bring my knees to my chest and rest my chin on it. Vincent lays down with his head right next to me. I can tell he's looking at me but I ignore it. We sat in silence, the only thing that could be heard was the wind howling.

I look down at him, his big grey eyes look at mine and stay like that for god knows how long. My eyes catch the stupid strand that somehow always flops on his forehead and I lightly chuckle. I thread my fingers through his hair and push it back.

He closes his eyes as I play with his hair. Twirling it in my finger, taking in how soft it is. His breathing becomes even and light a few minutes later. I snap my fingers in his face but I get no reaction. He's asleep.

I sigh. There was a blanket on another couch. I draped it over him, tucking him in. I was going to close the window but the bastard likes it cold so I left it how it was. I had to find the room in this big ass place now.

I walked past him but didn't get too far when his fingers caught mine, "Where are you going?" He mumbles.

"To sleep." I said softly. I didn't want to wake him up.

"Demons don't sleep, liar. Let's watch a movie." He says, rubbing his eyes and sitting up.

"No, Vince you're sleepy." I reason.

He rolls his eyes and yanks me down next to him, "I'm not. Just stay here." He grunts.

I give in and pick up the remote to play a movie. About 15 minutes in, Vincent's eye's start shutting. I told him to turn it off and go to sleep but he refused. I don't get why he insists on staying up so bad.

A few minutes later, I heard light breathing next to me. I turn to see Vincent's head tilted back and his eyes shut. I knew he would fall asleep. There wasn't much left of the movie so I finished it and went to sleep.

I woke up to my neck tickling. I shift, trying to get away but it only follows me. I slapped away whatever the hell it was. I get slapped back.

The fuck? I peel my eyes open to Vincent scowling at me from on top of me. I must've fallen asleep here last night. I was tired after I finished the movie. I have no idea how we got into this position though. Not that I'm complaining.

"Good Morning to you too rat." He flicks my forehead.

"Don't good morning me, you slapped me."

He narrows his eyes, "You slapped me first bitch, shut up." He curses.

"Okay, well I didn't know it was you and you clearly knew that I didn't kno-"

"Not now darling, let me sleep." He mumbles, dropping his body weight on me again and burying his face in my neck. I don't think he realizes what he's doing as he just got out of his sleep.

"Get off me, dork." I grumble. I wouldn't mind him laying on me but I was worried he would smell my morning breath. He seems to be sound asleep as he doesn't move a damn muscle. I did the next best thing.

I arched my back with full power, making him fly off of me and onto the floor.

I laugh at his misery as he rubs his head. He groans, "Fuck woman."

"We have to get back home. Get ready." I grin, getting up towards the bathroom. I was still in the clothes from yesterday. His jacket, shorts and my bra. I get into the elevator, ready to find where the hell his room is in this huge house.

After 10 minutes of aimlessly wandering around, I finally got to the biggest room in the house. I assumed this was Vincent's considering he owned this place. My assumptions were wrong when I walked in to see a huge picture frame of a woman.

It was the same woman I had seen the day of our first ever truce. I could never forget her big grey eyes. I looked around the room only to be greeted by more portraits of the beautiful woman.

I'm guessing this was her room and only hers considering there was nothing that showed a man ever living here. I face away from the door and look up at the giant picture. She was pretty like those queens you'd see in Disney movies.

There were some pictures of her and Vincent as he was a kid. My lips lift from the sides, looking at what people call a horrible, ruthless person, look so adorable. He looked at his mother with such admiration. I haven't seen him look at anyone like that, not even Sarah.

I hear footsteps just outside the door and whip around. Shit, I wasn't supposed to be here. Vince is going to fucking kill me. Why didn't I leave? I accept my fate and just stand there awkwardly as I hear the door creak open.

Vince walks in and seems surprised to see me there. I purse my lips and wave at him before stalking past him. He grabs my arm before I walk out the door and shoves me back inside. There goes my life.

"Why are you here?" He asks. I stare at the floor, not daring to look at him.

"Wrong room and got curious. Sorry." I said.

I can feel him coming closer. I tense, waiting for a punch or some shit. I was fairly deserved. If someone went into my mothers room I would sure as hell burn them alive. I still don't even let Sienna or Kena in her room. Or the maids, I clean her room myself.

Nothing comes. He brings his hand to my chin and tilts it up so I make eye contact with him. He had a baby smile on his face, as if he was trying not to laugh at me,

"Don't look so pathetic, Ori. As long as you didn't touch anything, I don't mind." He shrugs.

"I didn't." I shake my head, "You let people in here?" I tilt my head.

"No." He shakes his head.

I raise an eyebrow and gesture to myself, who is standing in the very room he 'doesn't allow people in.'

"You're not just 'people' dumbass." He flicks my forehead.

"Then what am I?"

He stares at me for a second, "Go take a shower, you stink." He plugs his nose, pushing me away roughly. I nearly fell on my ass.

I scowl at him. Way to ruin my mood. I went into the room in front of it, hoping that it was the right room. I see all the black interior and decide that I'm in the right place. My thoughts are only confirmed when I see only black clothes in the closet. Definitely Vincent's room.

I was in the middle of a peaceful shower but Vincent started pounding on the door, telling me to get the fuck out.

"I get that your moldy but hurry the fuck up!" He shouts from outside.

"Shut up Vince!" I shout back, ignoring the smile growing on my face at his remark.

a/n - hey guys

i'm getting messages to let them finally kiss. the answer is...

no.

i'm going to update every 2/3 days, maybe 4 but not often. only because school started again and i have to do that work too.

anyway,

gaslight, gatekeep, girlboss 💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 57.4K 69
𝖇𝖔𝖔𝖐 π–”π–“π–Š ~ π–™π–π–Š π–•π–π–Šπ–”π–“π–Žπ– π–˜π–Šπ–—π–Žπ–Šπ–˜ Phoenix Lyra Vale was determined to make her last summer break before college unforgettable. On...
18.2K 644 37
Vita Mia: My life ***************************************** She has never wanted to take any part in the mafia world that her abusive and manipulativ...
22.1K 836 57
"You are entertaining." He commented. "I am here to help you," I said trying to as calm as possible. He is a mafia prince expert in the art of weapo...