Eternally

By kazbrekkersgf

Oriya Deronte, the American Mafia's future Donna. She was destined to be the queen. Skills in assassination a... More

1. unexpected guest
2. wasn't me
3. friends?
4. head on a plate
5. the letter
6. the perfect excuse
7. truce
8. small mission
9. the train
10. don't move
11. drugged
12. sticky note apology
13. onsies
14. apology
15. trust me?
16. blood bath
17. fight me?
18. give them a show
19. his shoes
20. father's wrath
21. be honest
22. betro
23. run like hell
24. the cake
25. home
26. theo's birthday
27. my secret
28. the challenge
29. his knife
30. true menace
31. huge distraction
32. yellow skittle
33. nerf guns
34. sworn enemy
35. foghorn
36. pay the price
37. cold as ice
38. bloody mary
40. sharpie
41. missed calls and texts
42. ugly heart
43. crab legs
44. my ride
45. tolerate
46. my girlfriend
47. someone else
48. sick and twisted
49. snoop dogg
50. keeping secrets
51. protect each other
52. a mass murder
53. my true love
54. house tour
55. cruel and odious
56. heart
57. unravelled secrets
58. family
59. friendship
60. our thing
61. date night
62. settling scores

39. movie night

15.2K 395 557
By kazbrekkersgf

Chapter 39

Vincent Laurent

It was 4 in the morning and I decided I would just go watch TV. The thunder wasn't allowing me to sleep anyway. When I woke up, the brat wasn't beside me. I figured she just went to use the bathroom.

As I walked down the steps in the dark, I could hear someone laughing outside the front door. Puddles were splashing around, as if someone was jumping on them. The laugh seemed rather familiar.

I cracked the door open just a little and saw Oriya with her hands wide open and she smiled to the pouring sky. She was completely drenched. Head to toe. God knows how long she's been out here. The brat would catch a cold. Stupid girl.

I leaned against the doorframe as I gape at her.

I felt at peace as I watched her dance carefree in the rain. She was absolutely beautiful. Her moves were very random and looked absolutely absurd but I didn't care. It was still beautiful in my eyes.

Everything she did was beautiful in my eyes.

I had to stop myself from letting a smile creep up on my face before she found out I was here, watching her. I felt my cheeks heat up as she laughed once again towards the sky. Thunder crashes down and her smile only grows larger.

I was jealous of the way the rain got to touch her. Every part of her. She was truly hypnotic. No matter how hard I tried, she broke through the walls I had built up. Not that I minded. They were only ever hers to break anyway.

I didn't care anymore. I reached my hand forward, into hers. It must've caught her by surprise because she stumbled back and almost fell but I caught her. Thunder crashed as my hand held hers.

She stared at me for a couple seconds, confused, before smiling the most beautiful and perfect smile. She pulled me closer to her and started dancing like a dumbass again. I didn't know what that smile made me feel but I absolutely loved it.

We danced together like two fools for the rest of the time that it rained. We didn't talk. We simply danced and laughed. Her hair was tied up in a little bun that fell apart with how she was aggressively dancing.

I'm sure I looked stupid but if looking stupid made me feel this good, then I wanted to look stupid for as long as I live. I spun her around and dipped her down. She closes her eyes and lightly laughs as the small drops of water hit her face.

She scrunches her face as opens her eyes. We stare at each other. I pull her up and she gets on her tippie toes to push the hair falling over my face.

She turned around and stared dancing again. I frown at the lost contact. I run my hand through my hair and pull out the strand again, hoping she would realize.

I watch as she twirls around, stumbling on her own two feet. She suddenly stops and her gaze locks on my hair. She lightly shakes her head before she pulls me down to hear and pushes my hair back.

That was the moment where I realized how incredibly in love with her I was. Every inch of her. Every part of her. I was so damn in love with her. Head over heels for her. Only and only her.

Oriya fucking Deronte was the one for me.

She was my reason. My reason to breathe. My reason to live. My reason to laugh. My reason to wake up. She was my fucking reason. The only reason I needed, the only reason I wanted.

I let a smile grace my lips as I watch her frolic around like an idiot.

***

I sit in front of the mirror, shirtless as I stare at the stupid Tic Tac Toe game I've been re-drawing since the day we played it. I tried to get myself to wash it off the other day but I just couldn't fucking do it.

At least now I know why I couldn't.

I didn't see the brat for the rest of the day. She took up the job of informing our men of what happened for me since I had some things to do.

I spent some time in my office responding to emails before I hear someone scream bloody murder. I made a mental note to talk to Oriya about one of the emails before I went downstairs to see who was dying.

Ryder was crying his heart and soul out after he hit his head on the counter, playing tag with Sarah. He was screaming like he witnessed the murder of his loved one or some shit.

It was only 7 in the afternoon. It was too early for this shit.

Oriya came running down at the sound as she gathered him in her arms and hushed him. Her nose was a little red as she wrinkled it and sniffled. I knew she would get sick. Stupid girl.

After 30 minutes of immense pain, he finally calmed down and stopped crying. I was thankful for that but then it came back to bite me right in the ass.

The witch paid no attention to me. At all. She didn't even spare me a single look. Her attention was focused only on Ryder and it was annoying. I even insulted her here and there and she only muttered 'Shut up' in response.

I sighed, I wasn't the only man her in life. Humans suck.

My eyes switch between Ryder and the platform he hit his head on. I debated slamming my own head on the counter just like he did to get at least a glance out of her but I decided not to since it seemed a little extra. 

She placed him down and wandered off into the kitchen, babbling something about making Mac n Cheese for him. I was just about to go annoy her but Sarah had other plans. She whined for me to play princesses with her and threw a temper tantrum when I said no.

I hated children as of right now.

I played stupid dolls with her for 10 minute before I made up some excuse of needing water. I stroll to the kitchen. It was empty. There was a pot with food being made on it so it made me wonder where the witch went.

"Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary." I call out when I don't see her.

"I've died." The witch says as she emerges from behind the kitchen counter with salt in her hands.

"If that was true, people would be out in the streets dancing." I say, hopping on the counter.

"Fuck off. Give this to Sarah, dork." She says as she hands me a bowl of Mac n Cheese. She puts out a bowl for Ryder as well as she walks back to him and starts feeding him.

Humans really did suck.

She finally puts Ryder to sleep. Sarah and I follow behind her as she carries him to his bed. She looks up at me, pouting at the fact she can't play with her best friend. I pick her up and tell her he'll be fine by tomorrow and she can play with him then.

Oriya tucks him and Sarah and I watch from the door frame. Sarah grabs a chair and tries to drag it across the room. She pouts at me and I sigh, grabbing the chair for her and dragging it to where she wanted it.

She has me put it right beside Ryder's bed. She cups her face with both her hands and stares at Ryder, waiting for him to wake up. Her little feet dangle from the bottom of the chair as she moves the hair in Ryder's face.

I glare at the sleeping boy in disapproval as Oriya smiles at them. She notices my glare and rolls her eyes. She stalks up to me and pulls me out the room by my collar. I stumble behind her as she takes quick steps.

"They're just kids."

"I know." I said.

She sniffles, "We're watching movies in our room. Bring Lucas and Theo."

"Are you going to be there?"

"Yeah."

"Okay." I nod.

She smiled approvingly before sneezing into her arm. I grimace at her and walk away to find the two dumbasses. But first, I make a quick stop at the kitchen to grab some Advil for the witch. She looked worse than normal when she was sick.

I find the dumbasses I call my friends, circling around the kitchen. Theo chases Lucas with a jar of peanut butter and Lucas screams, trying to get away. Lucas is deathly allergic to peanut butter. He must've done something stupid for Theo to do that.

Lucas spots me and scrambles over, hiding behind my back. They run in circles around me for about 10 seconds before I grab the jar out of Theo's hands. I smack their heads and let them know about the movie plan.

They agree at the mention of Kena and Sienna being there. We stand in front of the door and I warn them before I open it,

"Brace yourself, we're about to enter the gates of hell."

"This is Oriya's room." Lucas said.

"Exactly." I nod.

"You stay here too?" Theo cocks a brow.

I threw him a look, "I'm a victim Theo, I'm a victim."

I was about to open the door but Lucas pulled my arm back and pressed his ear against the door. Theo and I look each other, confused as to what this fuck is doing. He shrugs before pressing his against the wall too.

Lucas' eyes go wide and so does Theo's. I pull Lucas away and listen for myself. It was muffled but I heard the name 'Kaz Brekker' being mentioned a lot, mostly by her. She was swooning.

I'm going to burn every copy of Six Of Crows and Crooked Kingdom.

She talked about books with such passion and excitement that I wanted nothing more than to be the characters she fell so damn in love with. I was turning into some pathetic little shit because of that witch.

"Some Kaz guy took your girl." Lucas winces.

"Want us to kill him?" Theo asks.

"He's a book character do- dumbass." I catch myself almost saying dork. Her word. God what the fuck am I turning into?

I stroll into the room and take a seat on the chair in the corner. Lucas tells me there was some space but I decline. I'd rather sit with myself than him. Oriya turns on the movie before sitting back in her spot.

Half way into the movie, my phone vibrates with a text. It's from the rat.

I write a small response but make my way there anyway. She sends me a small smile before scooting over, making space for me. My arms are slightly cramped so I put it over her shoulder to be more comfortable.

Did I really need the space? No. I just needed an excuse.

Sienna notices and smirks at the gesture. I scowl at her before taking my hand off and putting it back in my lap. I sit in misery for the rest of the time as we watch the dumb movie playing on our TV.

Lucas and Sienna have a little brawl over the popcorn, resulting in me having to hold back Lucas and Oriya scolding Sienna. Theo and Lucas bicker but Oriya shuts that down by separating the two of them. Kena didn't even stay awake for most of the movie.

Ryder and Sarah join in near the end which only causes more chaos. The two of them hog the popcorn, making Lucas yell at them. That only causes them to cry and throw a fuss.

It's safe to say we would never do movie night again.

They all get up and leave after Oriya and I scold them all. Oriya groans and rests her head on my shoulder. I don't think she realizes she did though.

"We're never doing that again." She mumbles.

"It was Your stupid idea. Movie night." I scoff and smack her gently.

She tensed as she realized she's on my shoulder. The other side of the bed is empty now that they're gone so she sits there. I was about to tell her about an email I received but I was interrupted. We hear tiny footsteps come to our room and again and internally sigh.

Ryder and Sarah burst in and ran straight to the bed. They jump around and giggle nonstop for 5 minutes as Oriya and I watch in amusement. They finally stopped as they got tired. They snuggle up to the witch and she runs her fingers through their hair.

I scowl at the lucky beasts.

"Sleep here today?" Ryder mumbles.

"Okay." Oriya smiles, kissing his forehead.

I roll my eyes at her kindness and pull Sarah on my side. The clock hanging on my wall reads 10 so it was understandable as to why they were so tired. We pull the covers over us and Oriya makes me turn down the A/C in the room. I did it for the kids sake.

I go back into bed and lay with my hand under my head. Sarah and Ryder take up a lot of space on the bed, resulting in Oriya and I trying not to fall off from the edge. They were in between us. Brats.

"Vincent." The grinch whispers.

"What do you want?" I grunt.

"I can't sleep." She whispers.

Oriya Deronte

He looks at me for a second then at the two children sleeping with us.

"Same." He says as he gets up from the bed, "Let's go."

I roll out of bed and put a pillow on either side of Ryder and Sarah to make sure they don't roll off in the middle of the night. Vincent disappears into the closet and comes out with a pillow and two blankets. He throws the pillows at me and motions for me to follow him.

We step into the elevator and he clicks the emergency button. We're going to the library? I was going to ask what we're doing but I knew better than to think I would get a straight answer out of him.

He walks in and leads me to a little closed off space in the corner. He lays a blanket down and then the two pillows on top of it. He looks at me for approval and I nod as the corners of my lips pull upwards.

I sleep in between the shelf of books and him. I pull one out and read a few chapters before I feel my eyes getting heavy. I look over at Vince to see his arm over his eyes. I doubt he was asleep though. I put the book back where it was and cuddled into the covers.

I lie on my side and watch his breathing. It is even and nicely paced. He was calm and peaceful unlike how he normally is. He's always stressed and under a shit ton of pressure by his father. I hated what life had served him.

He deserved more than what it had to give him. Sure, he was one of my greatest rivals but just like everyone, he had a little good inside him. His good was just buried under the pain and anger he had built up.

***

I nuzzle my face further into my pillow as the sun hits my face. My hands tighten around a hard object. That's not my pillow.

My eyes flutter open to Vincent's face. He lays with both hands under his head, smirking down at me. His grey eyes hold amusement as he stares at my now red face. His face shines perfectly under the sun and I roll off him.

The sun does him a huge favour as it glows on him. His sharp collar bones hold the chain he always wears as it shines under the sun. My eyes linger on his abs. His toned chest goes up and down as he breaths. I roll my bottom lip into my mouth, trying to keep all the liquid drooling out, inside my mouth.

He snaps in my face, "Want a picture instead?" His deep, raspy voice speaks. He had a smug look on his face, pleased that he caught me checking him out. He was hot and he knew it. How the fuck could I not?

"Shut up." I mumble, trying to keep my eyes off his abs.

A deep chuckle pushes through his lips and he gets up. He stretches as I stare at him. His back muscles basically call my name. Lust was going to be the fucking death of me.

He looks back at me and catches me looking again. Gods, this was getting embarrassing. If I was being embarrassed, he would too.

I untangled myself from the covers and got up myself. I had on a short shirt with no bra. My nipples were already hard and definitely see through from the shirt. I tilted my head back and let out a quiet closed mouthed moan as I stretch.

He takes in a deep breath when I moan and I smile in satisfaction.

"Want a picture instead?" I mock him.

His jaw becomes tight as he shifts in his spot. I walk up to him with a smile plastered on my face and rolled my tongue on the side of my mouth,

"What's wrong?" I ask, putting my hands on his chest, over his heart. It beating fast as fuck. I wasn't sure if this was healthy or not but who cares.

"Nothing." He says, trying to take deep and slow breaths.

"Are you sure we don't have a little problem?" I say, drawing circles on his V-line as I go lower and lower.

He takes a deep breath in as his hands shoot to my hips, pulling me closer, "Don't start something you can't finish amore." He groans.

His jaw becomes tighter. His eyes darken a shade and he turns us around, pushing me into the wall. His hand went under the back of my shirt. He trails his finger up and down my spine slowly,

"The things I'd fucking do to you." He says.

"It's a shame I'll never know." I smirk at him before I take a step away from him. His entire face drops in disappointment and he runs a hand down his face.

I walked away from him but barely got three steps away when he pulled me back by my arm, to his hard chest. He was breathing heavily. I could feel how hard is dick was as his hand wrapped around my throat. He lightly held it there,

"One day, you'll fucking beg me to show you. I promise." He says before he releases me and walks to the elevator. He looks back at me one last time.

My legs cross and he smirks, knowing what he did. I can feel how wet my panties are from his words. Fuck him and the stupid effect he has on me.

"Bastard." I mumble under my breath.

a/n - hey guys

HE FINALLY ADMITS IT!!! YAY!!

we're getting somewhere guys we're getting somewhere.

it makes me so mad that they just wont freakin kiss and i know i can change that but i just won't :)

PEOPLE ARE BEGGING FOR SMUT AND I FEEL BAD BC I DON'T WANT THEM TO GET THEIR HOPES UP BECAUSE I'VE LITERALLY NEVER WROTE THAT BEFORE!!

anyway,

gaslight, gatekeep, girlboss 💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

240K 3.7K 42
Book 1 of the [His Everything] series. Amélie Levine Beaumont is the - first female - heir to the French Mafia (the second largest and most powerful...
294K 7.9K 42
She's troublesome. He lives for trouble. Both embedded with their own secrets and lies. A girl who's self-destruction leads her to a camp for delinqu...
47K 839 39
"You can't avoid me forever Lara" I chuckled "I'm ignoring you, you idiot" "Is it?" he slowly came towards me and pressed my body with his. Now I'm c...