My Female Alpha

By badroommate

a thick-skinned alpha persevering in a male-dominated society. a wandering shy girl with stars in her eyes. _... More

|| playlist ||
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FORTY ONE
FORTY TWO
FORTY THREE
FORTY FOUR
FORTY FIVE
FORTY SIX
FORTY SEVEN
FORTY EIGHT
FORTY NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY ONE
FIFTY TWO
FIFTY THREE
FIFTY FOUR
FIFTY FIVE
FIFTY SIX
FIFTY SEVEN
FIFTY EIGHT
FIFTY NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY ONE
SIXTY TWO
SIXTY THREE
SIXTY FOUR
SIXTY FIVE
SIXTY SIX
SIXTY SEVEN
SIXTY EIGHT
SIXTY NINE
SEVENTY
SEVENTY ONE
SEVENTY TWO
SEVENTY THREE
SEVENTY FOUR

FORTY

4.6K 179 14
By badroommate

lenora

The closest civilization to the rogue rendezvous is about ten miles northeast. Ara leads the way, clearly familiar with this path. To keep myself from worrying about Emery, I focus on where we're headed. It might be the way we someday take to escape.

We reach the edge of the town where the forest gives way to the back of a shopping plaza. Ara shifts but the rest of us stay in our wolf forms. My eyes scan the dumpsters and vehicles parked behind the building.

"No one move," Ara orders.

She jogs over to an idling car and raps on the window. It rolls down. Although I can't see who is inside the car, I hear the pop music on the radio dial down. My teeth are set on edge. I feel tense like something bad is about to happen. The wolves around me press in closer, probably to keep me from running.

"Hey," Ara whispers to him. It's hard to hear but I make out their conversation.

"Make it happen," a man's voice grits out. "Or I'll cut you off."

She sighs with a nod. "We've obtained helpful resources recently. We'll get it done."

"This is your last one until I see results."

Arabella takes something from the driver, who rolls up his window before she says anything back to him. She returns to us as the white Cadillac sedan jets off.

She comes directly to me with the paper bag in hand. "Shift," she commands.

Bristling, I do as she says with irritation.

"Put the clothes on in here. Take the money." She turns to nod at one of the guys. "Get the bags, will you?"

He runs to one of the dumpsters and picks up a few backpacks.

"We need food," Ara tells me. "Get as much as you can and don't fuck this up. If you do, I'll make sure our little mate doesn't get a bite of anything."

"Who was that?" I ask. "Who's giving you money?"

I try not to think how agitated I am that Dani lied to me about sponsors. It seems unlikely that she doesn't know anything about it, so she must have lied to me.

Ara snarls at me. "None of your fucking concern. Now get in there and get it done. Before I change my mind."

Grinding my teeth, I pull the jeans and t-shirt on. They're way too big on me but I guess it'll work. I ring my arm through the bags and start towards the building. A hand grabs my shoulder.

"What?" I snap, looking back at Arabella.

"Do not fuck this up. Go."

Growling under my breath, I jog towards the plaza. The air rubs briskly against my skin. I think about Emery sitting on the hard ground with only blankets to keep her warm. The thought makes my skin prick. I have to get her away from this. I've fucked everything up. This is the least I can do. I don't care what happens to me anymore. I'll never live with myself if I let Arabella touch her again.

As soon as I'm inside the Walmart, I go to the clothing section and pick out thick construction pants and a hoodie as well as cotton underwear. Then I head to the canned foods. The entire time I'm wondering how I can alert someone about our location. I need a fucking phone.

When I've gathered enough water and canned things, I check out. Then I go to the customer service desk.

"I'm sorry," I tell the female employee, "I need to borrow a phone."

"There's a pay phone outside." She blows a bubble with her gum, giving me a bored look.

"I don't have change or a debit card. Please, I'll only take a second. It's very important. I won't even leave the desk."

"I can't help you. Sorry."

"Please. You can help me. I know you have a work phone. Or at least a cell phone. Please. I'm begging you."

She starts to look concerned. "Do I need to call the police?"

"No. It's not an emergency, but it's very important."

"I'm not comfortable with what you're asking. I'm calling my manager."

Shit. My hands clench around the bags. It's too late to run and this might be my only chance. I know Ara is wondering what's taking so long.

The manager arrives. He's heavy, balding, and about thirty years old. His body odor is so bad I bite my lip to keep from gagging.

"What's the problem here?" he asks me.

"I need to borrow a phone," I tell him. "I swear I will be quick. I need to call my son. It's very important."

He looks at me more thoroughly than I expect him to. "Ma'am, come into my office, please."

"I'm really in a hurry—"

"I have a phone in there that you can use."

Sighing, I nod and follow him to a small office behind the desk. He motions for me to sit on the cheap, plastic chair and then closes the door.

"Are you in danger?" he asks.

"Not me. My son might be. I promise I'll make it fast. Please." If I have to beg one more human for anything, I'm going to rip a throat out.

"This is unusual, but I understand that unusual things happen. Here." He offers his cell phone to me.

I gladly snatch it up and dial Denver's number. This is the exact reason I memorized it.

"Thanks," I tell the manager with a small smile as the call goes through.

It rings several times.

Pick up, pick up, pick up. Damn you, Denver. Answer your fucking phone. I don't know if he got away from the rogues, but I haven't smelled him on anyone. I can't even consider the possibility that he didn't get away.

"Hello?"

"Denver, it's me," I say quickly. "I don't have but a second. Ara and a group of them are away from the rendezvous. Go back to that camp and get Emery. Time is running out."

"Lenora, wait!" he says but I'm already hanging up.

I thrust the phone back at the manager. "Thank you, sir."

He looks suspicious. "Yeah, sure. Everything is okay now?"

"Uh-huh!" I scoop the bags up and scurry out of his office.

By the time I get around the building, Ara is pacing. She looks like an insane asylum patient, her face twisted up as she paces in the nude. The moment she sees me she starts yelling.

"What the fuck took so long? You didn't even get that much! Where's the rest of the money?"

I drop the bags with a huff and then grab the few coins in my pocket. I hold them out to her.

"The line was long," I say in a low voice. "Here's the change."

She shoves me in the shoulders, making the change go flying. My Alpha nature is immediately triggered. I spin on her with a snarl and grab her by the throat. For a moment, I feel her life pulse under me, within my control. I could kill her. Right now.

But then they will torture and kill Emery.

Before her guard dogs can get me off of her, I release her neck and step back. I growl warningly at the two men who charge at me.

They halt in their steps. The rogues are all looking between me and Ara, waiting to see how their leader reacts.

She stares at me, almost in shock.

"I did what you wanted," I say, keeping my posture hunched, on the offensive. "Stop being a bitch, for once."

The shock seems to vacate her body all at once, and her yellow-green eyes harden.

"Unless you want to lose those hands," she snaps, "don't ever think about touching me again. I don't know when you'll ever learn your lesson, Lenora. You are not in charge here. You have lost your power. Even if I drop dead tomorrow, your pack will never take you back. You're too weak." She bares her teeth at me. "You're pathetic. Honestly."

My fists squeeze together. I'd like her to drop dead tomorrow from my hands. If Denver does what I need him to, maybe I can make that happen.

I can't let her live after what she's done to Emery. I don't even care if what she says is true about my pack. All I care about now is eliminating her as a threat to my mate's life forever.

"Let's go," she tells the others. "Fill a backpack and put it on. We need to be heading back."

As we shift, I think about how long it'll take us to get back. There's no way we'll beat Denver. I have to do something to slow us down or Emery might never get away. This has to work.

I study the group of us running and try to find a weakness to exploit. Now that I'm looking at the others, I can see how thin they are. A few run with slight limps. Their dedication to this cause, however stupid it is, is admirable.

These wolves have so much heart. If only they had a real family to support them. I think about the rogues locked up on my territory and hope Denver has taken care of them. They're just kids.

I advance gradually on one of the females who has a tender back paw. She doesn't seem to notice me sidling up to her.

Lengthening my stride, I reach out with my front paw, extending my claws until I feel them sink into flesh. She cries out and falls. I trip over her and let myself slide across the ground.

The she-wolf shifts and immediately starts screaming. As I push myself off the ground, I turn to see blood gushing from her heel.

"You bitch!" she wails.

I sit back. This will have to do.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15K 369 26
A tale of supernatural, magical love and rival packs, In years, she transformed from a young girl to a strong alpha. A warrior. *** Ember Hemming. ...
1.1M 42K 26
Blaze is a hybrid, part wolf and part vampire, she's been treated unfairly all her life. Her pack abused her for being an omega and for being the rea...
102K 2.9K 17
The story of 2 girls having each other backs as sisters in a werewolf community helping along with their parents. Keeping their family safe. What wil...
6.1M 132K 45
He ruled the werewolf community yet he was a mere 24 in human years, His lack of a mate caused him to be cold hearted, mean and ruthless. She was ev...