The First Hunter

By TheSentientOne

This is story within a story, in which a character may become the narrator of something more complex and wond... More

The First Hunt
The First Human
The Humble One
The Savior
The Unspoken Language
The Most Awkward Moment
Brothers
The Most Dangerous Species
Kindness
The only safe place to be
When Nightmares Begin
Ancient Race
Closeness
The Kess
The Yautja Ship
To Right A Wrong
THE YOUNGLING
Zahraun
Bet-Khar
Leanne
Zahraun
Bal-Khan
Cet-Khar
Celtic
Leanne
Bet-Khar
The Angel of Death
Leanne
Zahraun
Celtic
Bet-Khar
Zahraun
Leanne
Bet-Khar
Leanne
Leanne
Leanne
Let there be darkness

Leanne

5K 195 44
By TheSentientOne

Celtic's house is surrounded by green dense forest. The air outside is cold and crisp, with no signs of pollution. I inhale deeply as I feel the sun on my face and the wind in my hair. Beautiful large flowers and exotic plants grew all along the base of the house. And abnormally tall trees shield the structure from prying eyes.

A cold hand on the small of my back sent chills to my spine, reminding me once again that I am not alone. I don't know how long I'd stayed here, admiring the view from the window. I turn to face Celtic and see that he is studying me. Does he want me to like his home? Gesturing toward the flowers I say "They are beautiful. I've never seen such colorful variety before."

His shoulders relax and he remove his hand from my back and walk away toward the main door. I watch as he place his hand on the wall next to the door. A second later I hear a soft click coming from somewhere in the wall. He'd just locked the only door to get in and out of this fortress, I notice with panic raising in my chest.

Celtic turn his body slightly toward me and lift his open palm, indicating that he wants me to place my hand in his. He doesn't say anything. He simply holds my gaze and wait for me to come to him. I do what he wants without hesitation. His body language is very clear - this is a command.

I lift a shaky hand and place it in his. The moment my fingertips touch his palm, I feel the cold rough texture of the material that covers his hands and body. The way it molds to him is unnatural... I am not longer sure if he is using some type of armor or if the black suit is part of him. I feel a cold chilling sensation spread through me at the contact, not for the first time. There is something sinister about Celtic. I can't quite put my finger on it.

Gently he encircle my wrist with his large palm and guide me forward until I stand in front of him, facing the gigantic metal door. With one large hand still holding my wrist he guide my hand and place it on a glass-looking spot on the wall. Nothing happens. I eye his large biceps flexing as thought he is trying to calibrate the right amount of strength to safely touch me. He is so close to my back that I can feel the cold radiating off his body.

I turn my head and crane my neck to look at him since he tower over me. He glance down at me briefly and resume guiding my hand to lay flat against the center of the glassy surface on the wall once again.

A warm light pressure against my palm surprises me, causing me to jump back against his steel solid chest. Celtic purr softly behind me and wrap his left arm around my abdomen to keep me in place. With his right hand still encircling my wrist he press my hand more firmly against the glassy surface on the wall. I feel the pressure running against my palm once more and try to stay calm. A faint click sound from somewhere on the wall, just like before, and the heavy metal door unlocks.

Celtic releases my wrist but his other arm is still wrapped around my middle, holding me tight against his armored torso. I stay still, knowing that he is not ready to let go of me just yet, for some reason. I can't argue or fight. I am alone and outnumbered. Compliance is the only survival response that my brain can come up with at the moment .

Survival is complicated and incredible. We are wired with a complex stress response system that allows us to survive hard things. So far, I have survived this otherworldly experience by compliance. I am doing the best I can. I am surviving the way I am designed to survive. I am no heroine. I am nobody on this planet.

I do not understand Yautja behaviors and mannerisms most of the time. Bet-Khar always seemed uncomfortable touching me. He even called me "shameless human" more than once. Zahraun in the other hand... arrggg, his image comes to my mind more often than it should. We all experience intrusive thoughts, I tell myself.

Zahraun enjoyed touching me. Actually, he fought Bal-Khan because of me. I do not understand him. Actually, no, I don't understand any of them. What am I suppose to do? What is expect of me besides compliance?

Finally, Celtic slowly remove the arm securing me in place and step away from me.

He motion for me to touch the glassy surface on my own this time. I do as instructed and the door locks at my touch. I repeat the gesture and the door unlocks. It take me a moment to process what he is doing - did he just give me access to his house?!

I turn around and beam at him but the seem to grown uncomfortable at my current emotional reaction. He glance all around me as thought looking for something to do and finally look back at me.

"The house system is now programmed to recognize your hand signature. You may enter and exit the premises at all times." He says in a deep voice. "But you must tell me when you wish to go out, and I will have one of my house helpers escort you."

Relieve washes over me and I nod several times in agreement. I am not a prisoner here. For the first time in days I feel... human. Celtic gave me freedom and access to his alien technology at his own free will. This is a huge step.

"Come, I will show you around the house and introduce you to my helpers." He says and walks away.

I quickly follow his large footsteps, taking in every single magnificent detail about this place.

He shows me what I think it's a living room, a massive dinning area, something that looks like a bathing chamber with a large swimming pool, maybe? I don't really understand some of the things he is showing me but everything looks magnificent and extremely clean. I wonder how long does it take to clean this place and how many household staff this place has.

As we enter a corridor, two large women come into view. I don't know exactly what I was expecting but this is not it. Both women are tall, with purple skin and short orange hair. One look older and the other appear much younger. They stare at me wide-eyed, and I'm sure their expression matches mine. I do not know what species they are. Definitely not Yautja!

Both women quickly look at Celtic and bow their heads in deference, or greeting. I'm not sure.

The older woman opens her mouth to speak but shuts quickly. The younger one narrow her eyes at me, reminding me of sneak about to attack. Her expression changes completely when she looks at Celtic. "What is this creature? A pet?" She ask in a silky voice, almost seductively. The translator implanted in my ear works quickly, translating each word. I silently thank Bet-Khar for the device. I also want to punch her for calling me a pet.

Celtic look at her, unimpressed, and say, "Not a pet, a human. This is Leanne of planet earth."

I look at Celtic's passive expression and it take me a moment to register that he'd called me by my name. And he'd said it with perfect American accent. A warm sensation course through my chest at the sound of my name. This is first time since I left earth that someone cared to call me by my actual name.

My little moment of joy is interrupted by the younger woman's next question "How long will she stay with us?"

"For as long as it's necessary." Celtic replays, again looking cool and unimpressed.

"Where is she saying?" She presses.

"Next to my quarters." He replies.

The older woman studies me with curiosity but remain quiet, while the younger one is getting angrier by the second.

"She is not staying with us? Why? She is not a Yautja. She can't stay in the main house!" She says with so much venom that I take a step back.

Celtic's voice is dangerously low, and he seems to grow even taller as he address the purple young woman.

"I do not answer to you, Volcra. This is my house. If you ever question my decisions again I will end you life."

Any warmth I felt seconds ago vanishes. The coldness of Celtic's words feel like ice piercing through my chest. Is he serious about ending someone's life just because she asked a question?

The older woman steps forward as though trying to shield the young female called Volcra. "Please, Anu-Celtic, you must forgive Volcra. She didn't mean what she said. She is just surprised. We've never seen an earthling before."

Celtic doesn't look convinced but he doesn't say anything. Instead, he looks at me, noticing the much needed distance I placed between us. The room is silent. I can hear Volcra breathing heavily. Celtic turns to face the purple women again. His next words throwing me completely out of balance. "You are to guard Leanne of Earth with your life, for she belongs to Zahraun."

Both females look at me up and down in shock. The older one swallows and bows to me.

"I will guard you with my life. I'm honored to protect and care for Amun-Zahraun's earthling."

Volcra lowers her head in the same fashion. Her body is now trembling and her voice sounds weak, "I should not have questioned your orders, Anu-Celtic. I apologize. I will also protect the earthling with my own life."

Celtic gives her a sharp nod and is about to face me when Volcra speaks again, "May I ask if we are to expect Amun-Zahraun anytime soon?"

Celtic answer, his eyes on me, "Yes, he will come for her soon."

I watch as the color drains from the women's faces. The news literally make my stomach clench and everything goes downhill from here. I stop breathing properly, then I get lightheaded and then I think I'm going to faint; this just makes the shallow breathing worse and so it goes on.

My mind has a mouth of its own because I blurt out "Did you just say Zahraun will come for me?" Celtic arches one eyebrow and gives me a sharp nod. I blow out a frustrated breath, "You've got to be kidding me. We've just crossed the galaxy, for what??? That brute is not coming anywhere near me!" The women stare at me in shock, as if I am going insane. I don't care! Zahraun is crazy, and I'm not going to stick around while he tries to decide if he wants to have sex with me or kill me.

Celtic seems slightly amused at my outburst, "I can see why my brother is drawn to you." He says. I do not know what he means by that, but his smirk is unnatural and creepy as hell. Is he amused because I'm fuming or because I'm probably as red as a tomato?

Volcra's expression is a mix between shock, anger and jealousy. She can have Zahraun, or "Amun-Zahraun" as she called him, whatever that means. I couldn't care less. I'm tired of people looking down on me. My mother always made me feel as if I wasn't good enough. My father only cares for himself. My boyfriend spent most of his time looking at Instagram models because apparently I wasn't "attractive enough" to keep his attention... I'm tired. I was treated poorly back on earth, I'm being treated poorly on this alien planet too. The depth of feeling may vary between people, but some things are universal, like jealously and hate.

"How dare you speak of Amun-Zahraun with disrespect?" Volcra says bitterly. She looks like she is about to jump me.

"I was kidnapped from my planet and "gifted" to Zahraun against my will... do you really want to talk about respect?" I place my hands on my hip and glare at Volcra, ready to argue some more.

Celtic looks back and forth between me and Volcra, and says firmly, "Enough! I will show Leanne to her quarters. You and Dorsa will both care for her personal needs and safety. Our technology is new to her, and her human body is very fragile. You must control the water pressure and show her how to safely bathe." The women nod, and Celtic motions for me to follow him. I obey and hurry after him, not wanting to be alone with the purple females.

Volcra hates me! As if I didn't have enough things to worry about already. I will have to tread carefully with that one if I want to stay here.

Toxic, nasty people are projecting their inner misery. When you understand this, you need never take an insult to heart again. Mean people who criticize and spread negative energy do this from the overflow of negativity that they have within them. You rarely see a happy person spitting venom. It's the unhappy people in the world who project their misery onto others. I am far from perfect, but I try to keep my inner world healthy and balanced. I may be weak and imperfect but I am not emotionally damaged, yet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

354 83 83
A collection of Stories ranging from Fantasy to Romance. If you are a horror fan, fantasy fan, or romance or even action.....this is for you. The Rho...
168K 7.1K 33
Leoni, who's been used as a science experiment for Weyland-Yutani Industries, escapes the facility she's being held at when an extraterrestrial attac...
Cat & Mouse By SearaSky

Science Fiction

29.2K 1.2K 42
Two best friends: one a science/history geek, and the other a daredevil who is always down for any challenge or new adventures. One chosen for her kn...
171K 3.3K 16
Follow Skyler on her adventures on how she met the Yautja and how she fell in love with a certain badass one. Read to find out more. I don't own Pred...