Love like you [Mammon x Reade...

By __hakken

❥Mammon x Reader• ✃- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ➻ Y/n's pronouns: they/them ➻ Book follows the main... More

Royal Academy of Diavolo
The Seven Brothers
The Tale of the Seven Lords
The Human Everyone's Talking About
The Pact
An Angel and a Chihuahua
Go Fish
A Stupid Demon is a Useful Thing to Have
Movie Marathon
The Great TSL Trivia Showdown
TSL Soundtrack
Midnight Custard
Secret of the Attic
I'll help, but not for you
A Pet is a Big Responsibility
Room Inspection
It's Just a Game Anyway
The Dog's Disappearance

House of Lamentation

1.5K 49 112
By __hakken

"Ugh, I don't believe this. Of all the rotten luck..." Mammon started his complaining once again "Why should I have to look after some human? It's insulting, that's what it is!"

What's wrong with him anyway?

"I know, right? Having to deal with a demon as stupid as you for the whole year. Such a burden..."

"Wh-What?! What are you talking about?! I'm the one who's being insulted! That rotten bastard... Does he really think he can scare me into doin' whatever he wants?"

"So you admit that you were scared?" you grin.

"Of course I wasn't! What does a human like you have to do with this anyway?" he pouts, clearly in annoyance. "Just so we're clear, it's not like I can't say no to Lucifer, okay?!"

Mammon's face turned red.

"I only agreed to babysit you because, uhm... Well, you know, because...uh..."

He's so desperate to explain himself. It's actually kind of cute.

"If you're that shy to tell the obvious to 'a human like me', I won't ask anymore."

"Anyway, it doesn't matter! Just don't go thinking I'm scared of Lucifer or anything! Because I'm not!"

"Sorry~ Wasn't listening." you teased him.

"Hey, come on! Even if you weren't listenin', you could at least pretend you were!"

"Yes, Sir!" you said, putting your hand above your head.

"Tch, whatever. You're annoying."

"Thanks!"

***

"We're here." Mammon pointed out as he slowed down his pace.

You stopped beside him, looking up at the gate in front of your nose.

"Oh my God, this place looks so cool!"

"I know, right?! I had the same reaction when I first saw it."

In front of you, there was an enormous house. From the outside, you could count at least three floors and a planetarium. The roof was diagonal and there were pointy roofed towers in each corner. The garden was not so well taken care of, making the view seem like a real haunted house.

"I can't believe a dumbass like you is living in here." you said, still stunned by the size of the dorm.

"Who are you calling a dumbass?!"

"I'm just kidding! There's no need to get so agitated, pretty boy."

"What...?"

"Are you deaf? I said there's no need to get so agitated!" you repeated.

"That's not... Whatever. Let's get it."

Mammon led you inside the house without saying anything else. He only spoke again when both of you were already inside.

"This is the House of Lamentation. It's one of the dorms here at RAD. Well, it's not just one of the dorms." he smirked "It's the dorm reserved for student council members."

"So you're one of the student council members?"

"Yes, I am! That's cool, right? You see now how big of a shot I am."

"I see how graceful Diavolo and your brothers are."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Oh, nothing. Don't worry about it, Mr. Avatar of Greed."

"Geez, you're a weird one."

Mammon's expression then suddenly changed as if he had remembered something important.

"By the way, Diavolo is even more of a big shot. He's so important that he's got his own castle. That's why he doesn't live here with us."

"Is that why his uniform is red while yours are black?" you asked.

"Yeah, you can say so."

"Anyway, the long and short of it is that us seven brothers all live here together. Now, it's time I show you to your room."

"Yeah, that would help."

You follow Mammon as he turns around, but something else caughts your attention.

There's a bulletin board nearby. One of the flyers on it is advertising an opening for a part-time position.

It would be good if I had my own money here... Maybe Mammon knows something about it.

"Hey, don't just stand there with your jaw open. Hurry up, or I'm gonna leave ya behind."

"Mammon, you're the Avatar of Greed so you must know your stuff about this."

"Spit it out. If there's something you wanna ask me, you'd best do it now."

"I want to know about that job listing."

You pointed at the bulletin board.

"Huh? If you're curious about that, you can read the flyer on the bulletin board, can't ya?"

I mean, he's not wrong...

"Now, I'm gonna give you a piece of advice, so listen up." he put on a serious look on his face "If you wanna survive even a day here in the Devildom, you'd better listen real close to what I'm about to say."

So he can be serious sometimes... Weird.

"If it ever looks like a demon is about to attack you...run away. Either that, or die."

You wanted to focus on what the demon was saying, but something else was in your mind. Coming from behind Mammon, you could hear fast and heavy steps and a silhouette was getting closer and closer.

"How about this? I vote for you to die, Mammon!"

"D'ah...! Levi..."

***

You looked behind Mammon to see whom the voice belonged. The boy had pale skin, indigo-colored hair with side-swept bangs that slopes to his left, and eyes that are orange with a purplish gradient.

Such a weeb.

"Uh...l-listen up, human! This here is Leviathan, the Avatar of Envy. He's the third oldest of us brothers. Since his name's sorta hard to say, you can just call him Levi."

Who's the idiot that openly says "his name's sorta hard to say" in front of his brother?!

"Okay then, let's move on!" he started walking down the hallway without looking back.

"Mammon, give me back my money. Then go crawl in a hole and die!" Levi shouted.

"Come on, I told you I'd get it for you! I just need a little more time. And you still want me to die after I give it back?! That's real harsh, Levi!"

God, I wish I had a bucket full of popcorn right now.

"You need a little more time? How much more?"

"A little more, okay? A little more means a little more!"

"You've been telling me that for the last 200 years, Mammon!"

That sure is a lot of 'little more times'... What does Mammon do to that money though?

"Hey, no! It hasn't been 200 years! It's been 260! Get it right, Levi!"

"Unbelievable. Seriously Mammon, you're–"

"I'm what? Scum? Is that what you're gonna say?!" Mammon guessed.

"You're a lowlife and a waste of space!"

"Hey! Come on, that's even worse!"

"Whatever... Just give me back my money." Levi sighed "I need it to buy the Blu-ray box set of Journey to the Devildom: The Tale of a Little She-Devil and Her Reluctant Companion"

"That sure is a long name." you finally spoke up.

"Yeah, but the initial round of copies includes promotional tickets to a live event as a special bonus."

"It's from an anime, right?"

Levi seemed stunned by your question.

"Y-yeah... How does a normie like you knows anyway?!"

So I'm a normie... I'll go with it for now. It's not that bad.

"It just seemed like an anime."

"I've got no idea what you're talking about, but it doesn't matter!" Mammon started "Because I don't even have any money to give you. How am I supposed to give back money I don't have, huh?!"

Levi glared at Mammon.

This is not gonna end well...

"So then, you're telling me you refuse to pay me back?"

"...What? You looking for a fight, is that it?"

"What about that part-time job on the wall?" you said, trying to get the situation under control "You could get some money by working there, Mammon."

You didn't know how much money they were talking about, but a part-time could help. Even if it was just a little part of the money Mammon owed to his brother, it was already a start.

"What's the deal with this human you've got here with you?" Levi frowned "Are they your newest sponsor or something?"

"Wha... No! I'd need someone rich enough to support me. Don't be crazy!"

And this is what I get for trying to help.

"You flatter me." you say, being sarcastic.

"Though now that I think about it... Levi, I'm pretty sure this one likes to collect the same stuff that you do."

How does he-

"I bet you'd kill to have some of the stuff in y/n's collection. You know what I'm talking about... Those doll things you always buy. What do you call 'em again...?"

"It's called figures!" you shouted.

Now, Levi really was surprised by your knowledge about anime. He looked like it was the first time he had ever met someone who enjoyed the same things he did.

"So, you also collect figurines?!" he screamed, clearly excited.

"Y-yeah...?"

With a little push, Levi threw Mammon to the side and hurried to you. When you realized, he was already standing in front of you, leaning towards your face.

"Which ones? Ooh, do you have any of the main characters from Battle Princess Brigade? Or Girls Only, or Diamond Dust?"

"I...–"

"Oh, no way! No waaaay! Ugh, the human world sounds amazing! I'm so jealous!"

He didn't even let me answer.

In the middle of Levi's excitement, you see Mammon running away in the back.

So it was just an excuse after all...Gosh, I can't believe I'm that dumb to realize. He doesn't really care for others, does he?

"...Hold on a second! You've got to be kidding me! That ass Mammon ran off!"

Leviathan noticed it too as he stepped back and began speaking in a more quiet tone.

"Do you realize what just happened? Mammon used you as a distraction to get away from me... Or maybe I should say he used you as a sacrifice!"

I swear, that guy...

"I'll admit that Mammon is one of the scummiest scumbags you'll ever meet...a total lowlife. But still, that was pretty dumb of you letting him use you like that."

"What are you even talking about? You were the one who got super excited about his lies!"

"Ugh, this is exactly why human are..." he sighed.

Then he stopped talking and a grin grew on his face.

"Wait a second. Humans! Yes, that's it. Suddenly, I've got an idea. Listen, are you free right now? Of course you are. You gotta be, right?"

"Uh..."

"You know what? Never mind. Either way, you're coming with me."

"Wait– What? Why?!"

But before you could process what he said and actually reply, the demon grabbed your arm and hurried down the hall, making you follow him.

***

Mammon
Heya, I suddenly remembered I got some business I gotta take care of. So, if ya need something, just ask Levi.

Oh, and just to make sure... Don't go around tellin' stuff to Lucifer, ya got that?

You
I don't have the energy to talk to Lucifer

And Mammon... If you ever do that again, you're a dead man.

Mammon
Ahem... Dunno what ya talkin' about...

You
You'll find out when I get my hands on your throat.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 4.8K 44
It was MC's birthday, you thought it'd be the same as every year but that changed when you were teleported to the Devildom. From there, you decide to...
231K 3.4K 44
✨FINISHED✨ Obey Me x reader!! Taking requests! Writing with (she/her) Also do (he/him) IF requested. If needed (they/them) CAN BE REQUESTED TOO Hope...
16.6K 204 8
𝙅𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙨𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙙𝙤𝙢!𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙧 𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙩𝙨. ☆ ★ 𝘋𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘵𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶. 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩...
28.6K 559 18
❝ 𝔬𝔟𝔢𝔶 𝔪𝔢! 𝔬𝔫𝔢 𝔪𝔞𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔬 𝔯𝔲𝔩𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔪 𝔞𝔩𝔩. 𝔦𝔣 𝔦 𝔰𝔲𝔟𝔪𝔦𝔱, 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔫. ❞ ----- oneshots including our favourite de...