Cold Blood

By djjinx

A girl who was born and raised in the city was suddenly moving to one of the historic and traditional provinc... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Room 309
Chapter 2: Cold Blood
Chapter 3: Steal
Chapter 4: Do I look good?
Chapter 5: Strawberries
Chapter 6: Who is Jessica?
Chapter 7: Weekend
Chapter 8: Jeonju
Chapter 9: Universe
Chapter 10: Shakespeare
Chapter 12: Confrontation
Chapter 13: Arcane
Chapter 14: Ice Cream
Chapter 15: TaeNy Day
Chapter 16: Zephyr
Chapter 17: Party Time
Chapter 18: Escape
Chapter 19: Selfless
Chapter 20: Solicitous
Chapter 21: Trustworthy
Chapter 22: Mission
Epilogue
Waves of Romance

Chapter 11: The Exes

451 27 13
By djjinx

A little while later, Krystal shyly went to the living room to call us. I think she had a hard time calling us because Taeyeon and I is in a fit of laughter. We just noticed her standing awkwardly on the side when I almost fell over the floor. She must've been there for a while.

Taeyeon stood up while holding my hand. She grew a new habit huh? I just noticed that she likes holding my hand today. I let her pull me to the dinning table as we sat side by side.

I saw Krystal struggling to bring the foods on the table so in reflex, I stood up to help her. She smiled at me when she saw me giving her a helping hand. I smiled back to her.

Together, we placed the foods she cooked on the table. When I look up to Taeyeon, she raised an eyebrow to me. Like as if she's annoyed that I'm doing this. She's overreacting again. Duh! I was just trying to help. So I raised an eyebrow back to her as if scolding her for being too protective.

She rolled her eyes as she stood. I didn't know what she's planning to do but I turn around to help Krystal again. I pick up a big bowl of salad when I felt a hand at the small of my back. I look over to see her glaring at the bowl.

"I'm just helping." I said in a low tone of voice.

"I know. But I don't want you to. Anyway, what do I do? I'm in no place to stop you." She gently whisper in my ear as she sniff my hair after speaking. Here are the butterflies again! Gosh! Calm down, Tiffany.

She snatched the bowl from my hands. She held it using just her left hand while her right hand found its way to hold my free hand. I'm starting to be attached to her hands. She should really stop holding me.

She placed the salad on the table and was about to pull a seat for me when we're pushed with quite a force. I stumbled on my feet that I almost fell over. If it's not for Taeyeon's hands, my butt would be kissing the floor by now. She hooked her other arm on my waist while the other one is holding my hand tightly.

"What the hell, Jessica?" Taeyeon scolded annoyingly.

I just realized that I'm closing my eyes so when I open it, I saw Jessica hugging Taeyeon sideways. Her arms and legs are wrapped around Taeyeon's body! I think she jumped on her that's why we were pushed.

Okay, this is kinda awkward. Jessica is hugging her sideways while Taeyeon's arms are on me. As a result, I stood up straight to release myself from her. I unclasped our hands, although I had a little hard time to do that because she's holding my hand tightly, I still managed to free myself fully.

"I miss you, Taeng!" Jessica cheerfully said. She's really different from a while ago. I guess she had a good nap.

"Well, I'll appreciate it a lot if you could let me go now." Taeyeon struggled to free herself from Jessica. Is it normal that my heart is squeezing tight? I bit my lower lip as I look away from them. I just sat down and focused my eyes on the foods in front of me.

"Fine." She kissed Taeyeon's cheek with a smooching sound! I knew because I saw it from my peripheral vision and I heard it loud and clear.

Taeyeon quietly sat beside me. I can feel her contemplating to do something but I didn't spare her a glance. She cleared her throat. "Let's eat?" She choked on her voice. Causing her to clear her throat yet again. Nervous huh?

I just nod my head and proceed to dig in. Krystal made us Jjigae, a korean stew that is typically made with meat, seafood and vegetables in a broth. Oh! I love this. There is a bowl of salad and some seasoned fried chicken for us too. But my attention is focused mainly to the stew.

I carefully sip a bit from my stew. When it touched my tongue, my eyes widened. This is heavenly! Wow. While I'm busy digging in the stew, Taeyeon placed a seasoned chicken on my plate. I look over her and raised an eyebrow. She just smiled awkwardly to me. Whatever.

I continue eating until I finish my share of stew and now I'm eating the salad. I know it's kinda weird for me to eat salad after eating stew but whatever. I enjoyed the stew a lot. It's perfect for my taste.

"So, Tiffany?" I look up to see Jessica smirking at me. I raised an eyebrow. I'm sorry I can't help it.

"Is my Taengoo treating you right?" My? My Taengoo? Excuse me? She's not yours!

"Yeah. She's nothing but kind." I replied with a fake smile. I badly wanted to roll my eyes but I gather all the energy to stop myself from doing so.

"How close are you with the girls?"

"Uhhh... We're friends? They're the first people I met in that place."

"You must've heard a lot about me then."

"Yes. Including the fact that Taeyeon is being accused of killing your whole family and kidnapping you is all over the place." I said without a pause.

"Fany." I heard Taeyeon whisper, trying to stop me. Why is she stopping me? Didn't her little Jessica know about this? Aghh! I really wanna roll my eyes.

"Really?" Now, concern is evident on Jessica's eyes. She turn her gaze to Taeyeon. But before she could utter a word, the woman beside me spoke to cut her off.

"It's fine, Sica. I'm not affected from any of it anyways. As long as you're safe." She said very gently. I furrowed my eyebrows. That's how sweet she is huh? Does this mean she still likes Jessica? I remember she said yesterday that she'll do anything to take care of the people she likes.

What's between her and Jessica is different from what we have. It's somehow deeper. And I hate that.

After that, I was silent throughout the lunch with the Jung sisters. Krystal asked me some stuffs after hearing from Taeyeon that I was from Seoul. I gladly talked to her. I don't wanna talk to Taeyeon for the meantime. So everytime she tries to join our conversation, I'm keeping my mouth shut. And everytime she tries to talk to me, I'm pretending to be busy talking to Krystal.

But this woman doesn't know how to give up. She hooked her arm on my waist as she rested her hand on top of my belly like she did from a while ago. I bite my lower lip when I felt her lay her chin on my shoulder, she's staring closely on my side profile.

"Right. I'm not watching this." Jessica turn to her side to watch her sister instead. I pouted. I heard Taeyeon chuckle softly beside my ear.

"How was the score between you and the girl next door?" Taeyeon teased her.

"She's 3 houses away from us, Taeyeon." Jessica glared. "And don't even start with that. She's kinda complicated." She waved her hand as she rolled her eyes in an annoyed manner.

Taeyeon just chuckled before pulling me closer to her. I think this woman is becoming shameless as time goes by. She enjoyed being clingy to me. And she doesn't have a problem to show skinship even though there are people around us. Not that I don't like it, it's just that, I'm kinda shy to let her know that my butterflies in my stomach are going wild each time she touches me.

"Are you mad at me?" She whisper in my ear. As if possessed, I shook my head no.

"Why are you avoiding me?" She once again whispered. I pull away a little to look at her face. She's staring at me. Her eyes is gentle and the features on her face is soft.

"I was annoyed." I said honestly. She raised an eyebrow, not expecting my answer.

"Do you wanna go back to our apartment now?" She asked softly. Our apartment. Why does it sounds so good?

"You're leaving now?" I heard Jessica say. Our staring battle was cut off when I turn to look at the latter.

"I'm sorry, I still need to talk to the girls." I apologized.

She raised an eyebrow. "You're not gonna tell them that I'm here, right?"

"No, I won't. Even though I don't know why you're hiding here, I'll respect your space and decision."

"Good. I'll hold Taeyeon accountable if ever someone have found me here."

"Hey! Why me?" The woman beside me protested.

"Well, it's you who bring her here." Jessica shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly.

"Fine. We'll go now." Taeyeon stood up and again, she's holding my hand. See? She likes holding my hand. She likes it a lot.

"Wait, Tiffany." Jessica call out. "Take care of Taengoo. That bitch won't say a word whenever she's hurt or when she has a problem. Since she likes you a lot, I'll hold you accountable for her safety."

"I'm not a bitch!" Taeyeon hissed.

She likes to hold accountable to people huh? And why should I be responsible for her safety? We're not even together. Besides, she's old enough to take care of herself.

"And nice to meet you. I hope to see you again." She gave me a sweet smile, ignoring Taeyeon's protests.

"Nice to meet you too." I nod my head as I replied her smile with a gentle one.

We said our final goodbyes before boarding Taeyeon's car. We were quiet the whole ride. Just calmly enjoying each other's presence. And yes, Taeyeon is still holding my hand even though she's driving. When she needs to change gears, she's gently laying my hand on her lap then she'll pick it up again to hold it firmly after.

We are walking side by side to reach our apartment. Everything is cool and calm until we saw a tall man leaning at our apartment's door. I froze in my feet. What the hell is he doing here?

"Oh! Tiffany thank goodness! You're finally here." Siwon immediately hug me tight. I didn't hug him back though. I am more concern to the woman I am with. I saw her glaring at us. As if caught cheating, I immediately gathered the strengths I have to push him away.

"Are you still mad? Please, Tiffany. I'm really really sorry." He held my hand gently. But am I crazy enough to say that it's very different from the way Taeyeon hold me? Because it feels so different.

"Sorry? Siwon, we're done. What the hell are you even doing here?" I harshly pushed his hands away. I'm so irritated. I bet it's written all over my face.

"Tiffany please, let's talk." He tried to hold me again but a soft and warm hand held me quicker than him. Taeyeon wrapped her arm on my waist as if trying to protect me from him.

"Didn't you hear her? She said you're done. You have no business here anymore. So, leave." She said in a manner that no one will be brave enough to break her command. Siwon was taken a back for a while. He stared at Taeyeon's arm on my waist then look back up in my eyes.

"Why are you holding her like that? You're a freak!" He pointed his finger at Taeyeon very rudely.

"Siwon, stop it!" I slapped his hand down.

"We need to talk, Tiffany. It's either you talk to me now or I'll force you to leave this place. You can't stay here. Not with that... lesbian freak!" He said the two last words with pure disgust. It's like as if these words are cursed and it's hard for him to say them.

"What did you say?" Taeyeon tried to launch forward but I stopped her.

"Tae, can you please get inside the apartment first?" I asked her sweetly. It's rare for me to use that voice. I think she only heard it once or twice when we were cuddling at the sofa a while ago.

"And what? Leave you alone with him?" Her eyes is sending daggers. Yep, she's mad.

"Please? I promise I'll be back safely."

"There's no way I'm letting you off alone with your ex, Tiffany." She said with finality.

"Why? Are you jealous?" Siwon mockingly spoke to her. He smirked.

"I never get jealous to losers." She said in full seriousness. If eyes could kill, I swear, Siwon would be a dead meat right now. Plus her voice, it's sending chills down my spine. She's too... scary.

"What did you say?" Siwon came closer to us and he clearly didn't like what she said.

"Stop it! Leave us alone." I said in gritted teeth.

"Tiffany? What's happening there?" I heard Sooyoung from the back. I turn around to see her only to be curious of her surprise expression.

"Siwon oppa? What are you doing here?"

"I need to talk to Tiffany."

"Why? You can't talk here though. Visitors are not allowed in this building. You better leave now and find another place to talk to. The security guards are doing their rounds."

"You know each other?" I asked Sooyoung.

She nod her head, "He's my cousin."

"Ohh..."

"Well tell your cousin to leave now before I call the security and drag him out of this place." Taeyeon pulled me as she punch the code in our apartment and once again pull me inside. We heard Siwon's protests but Taeyeon shut the door on his face with a loud bang. I closed my eyes when I heard the loud noise.

"Sorry." I heard her whisper. Only then did I open my eyes. She heaved a sigh, took off her shoes and left to plopped herself on the couch. She looks so... upset.

I carefully remove my shoes and arrange them on the shoe rack beside the door. I also put back hers in that rack. Then I slowly walk closer to her.

"Tae..."

"Jealous? Duh! I'm not jealous. He thinks highly to himself!" I was startled when she started to blabber. I chuckled. Why is this so cute?

"He's so full of himself. Who does he think he is? He thinks you still love him." She continue talking to herself.

"I don't even like him." I said with a chuckle.

"Right. You don't like him. And I don't like him too. I know you don't like me yet but I'm doing my best for you to like me. Then he will just show up like that? Like as if he owns you? Duh! In his dreams! And I wish he won't wake up when he dreamt about having you on his own!" She talked to herself like that while walking until she reached our bedroom. I was just trailing behind her, smiling widely. I'm liking this side of her. She's very cute when she's jealous.

"He have the guts to think that you still like him. You don't like him. You like..."

"You." I cut her off. Suddenly, she stopped talking and froze on her feet.

Slowly, she turn around and I almost laugh at her shocked face. "What did you say?" She whispered. Her voice is soft and husky.

"I like you."

***

Thank you for reading! 😁❣️🇵🇭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 2.6K 40
Taeyeon was a successful young woman who was already a Senior Manager in a huge multi-national company named GG Corporation in the age of 26. Her lif...
117K 6.5K 151
"I am not a mistress! Your mother was the mistress!"???? -Mrs. Kim you have tumor in your body need to remove as soon as possible._ Dr -I will remove...
2.4K 133 12
The present Kim TaeYeon wish to save her first love from death until she met her future lover way back from the past.
10.6K 264 17
[NOTMINE] Credit: kjms29 Check her out on AFF http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1110749/ And she's on Ask: http://ask.fm/kjms29 She's an aweso...