âme soeur

By prachiraiii

#arrangemarriage Anika is a simple girl in Delhi. Working in tech company. Love her family the most .Shivaa... More

Character sketch
chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
Chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
Chapter 50
chapter 51
Epilogue
Bonus

chapter 9

1.7K 114 45
By prachiraiii

Anika Pov

It's 2 am i am sitting in my room in a very  grumpy mood. Today is my birthday  after cutting cake with maa ,papa and rudra. I came back to room where everyone wished me except one person whom i thought going to be first person  to wish me this year.

This is not the only reason it's been a week he had gone to California and also last day we talked. I only got message reached. I tried to call him even messaged him but no sign of him no call no reply nothing. I am wondering he know my birthday or forgot. Even everyone from Oberoi family wished me.  I didn't ask her but Gauri told me he didn't contact to them also.  May be he forgot because of work. But i am feeling bad. 

Unknowingly it's became habit to talk to him. And it's been a week I talked to him. We both try to talk with eachother even for 5 min. As when i am free he remain busy. And when he is free i remain busy. Or better we  can say he never remain free.

It's better for me to sleep as i have half day tomorrow. I am not planning to do anything rather than having celebration with family and bhavya as always.

I keep my phone aside. And sleep.

Next morning,

I wake up preety early today. And first thing i did to check any call or message from him. But their is no.
I got ready in lavender colour kurti and plazo  with earrings. I already remove my engagement ring as i don't want to tell this anyone as if they got to know they will to whom and so many questions that i don't want to give answers. It's very expensive also. Today i kept hairs open with curls at the ending.

As i came downstairs papa is reading newspaper and mom is busy in kitchen.

" Good morning papa"

"  Good morning and happy birthday again "

" Thanks papa but where is my gift"

"Oh i have to give you "

" What do you mean you have to give i want my gift"

" If you want you have to wait till night"

" But why"

" That you will known tonight"

"Mom "

"No i am not going to tell you. Now it's better you go because you have to go temple first "

" Oh yeah i am getting late byy "

" Byy "

Bidding good bye i first go to temple after taking blessings i distribute some sweets to some old people.

As i enter to my cabin. Bhavya tightly hug me.

"Happy happy birthday to you Anika "

" Bhavya please leave me i am not able to breathe "

She leave me. I take deep breaths.

" Why you always do this i am not going anywhere."

" It's excitement you know " she said grinning.

"So tell me how Shivaay jiju wished it's your first birthday with him afterall."

Now what can i tell that he forgot about my birthday.

" Why you want to know"

"You are my best friend"

" So you don't need to know "

" That was rude you know "

" You don't have work today Bhavya "

" Why your mood is off today you are missing someone " she said raising her eyebrow.

" You are the one who is spoiling my mood now "

"Now your are mean "

" Any other tag you want to give me today "

" Nice way to change the topic but i know how to change your mood with in seconds "

" How ??"

" Like this " she take out one box from her bag.

"Your gift girl "

I take gift from her hands. I carefully unwrap the gift. It's diary inside. I open their is our photo that we had take when we met . Starting from their each page has our pics and one message from her. All the memories from starting come in front of my eyes.  It's one of the best gift. Tears start forming in my eyes. She is my sister she know everything about me whether i told her or not. I am so lucky have her in my life.

" It's so beautiful thank you so much"

I hugged her tightly.

" Heyy i didn't do this to make you cry"

" I know but it's so overwhelming for me "

" I am so good you know" she said dramatically.

"I know very well " i chuckling she surely know how to change my mood.

"Now i am going to do work so better you enjoy your day then we will do party"

" For that you have to go first"

Then she left. I once again see every page. I know why she gifted me this.
Be both decide to give this kind of diary before our marriage. She is totally opposite of me but we are  sisters only.

Then i engrossed myself in work. My colleagues also wish me. But now or then i am checking my phone.

It's already lunch time it's time to go. After taking my belonging i make my way towards parking.

" Mam you are Anika Trivedi " a mascular man. Dress in uniform he is looking like bodyguard.

"Yes "

" Mam their is something for you so can you please come with me "

" For me and who are you "

" Oh sorry mam Gauri mam asked me if you want you can talk to her also "

Then only my phone start ringing. It's from gauri only.

" Hello "

" Hello bhabhi  i called  you to inform that their is something for you. So if anyone come to you please do he say."

" But gauri listen to me.." she cut me in between .

" No bhabhi i am keeping the call so enjoy once again happy birthday byy "

And she cut the call. What is happening well i have no idea.

" Mam please come."oh i totally forgot about him.

" Yeah "

Saying i follow him. We came outside the building. Their is black car at one corner.

" Mam check backseat "

And as i open the door i got shocked
Is this is real or I am dreaming and i close the door immediately.

How can this possible means Shivaay is in California for his work.  What he is doing here. I am dreaming or in real he is here.

" You are not dreaming i am here only"

Came his voice as he do car glass down.

"Come inside or you planning to stand like this."

He stand taking off the shades from his eyes.

"What are you doing here " i asked not believing that he is in front of my eyes.

"You are saying like i am not allowed to come Delhi." He said sarcastically.
He never give answer directly. " Come inside Anika".

" But my car "

" That will be take care by khanna"

" Khanna ??"

"Khanna is my personal bodyguard and security incharge of Oberoi mansion "

" It's nice to meet you mam "

" It's nice to meet you too "

"Khanna take the keys i am sending you the address and meet me directly at airport"

" Yes sir "

" Mam keys "

I give him keys. I sit beside Shivaay. As usual he is in his suit sipping coffee but i can say he is looking tried.
Communicating and discussing  over the phone and meeting physically with eachother suddenly that too first time after we had shared past days felt weird and different.

"You want coffee or something "

" No but what are you doing in Delhi you were in California "

"I came in morning. Hey wait i have something for you."

He take out something form his back side of car. It's a bouquet of different
Flowers. Automatically smile formed on my lips.

"Happy Birthday"

"You remembered" before i Stop myself i blurt out.

"What you think i am doing in Delhi"
how stupid of myself. My happiness has no bound he came Delhi for me.
This is the last thing i except.

"But your work.."he cut me in between.

"I know you have so many questions i will tell you everything but not now. "

Then i noticed  his left hand has bandage.

"What happened to your hand"

"It's nothing just a small cut "

"You should be careful it must be paining " he is smiling like i just cracked some joke.

" Sir we are here "his driver interrupt.

" Get me one espresso Anika you want coffee or something "

" No i didn't drink coffee "

" Ok sir I will get it "

Saying he leave both of us. It's seriously awkward and i hate this thing in arrange marriages. I know it will take time.

"Were are we going"

" That you will get to know in sometime . I seriously don't know many places in delhi so it's upto you were you want to go."

His driver came back with his coffee. How came he drink this bitter liquid and it's not good for health.

" How many cups of coffee you drink in a day ??" he looked surprised by question.

" I don't know maybe 10-12 " he said and i look him in horror.

"You consume this much  amount of caffeine in one day it's not good for health."

"It is not and without coffee i get headache."

" You should start reducing that "

After 30 mins of drive we reached . We both didn't talk much. Both were  lost in own thoughts.I know their is thick layer of awkwardness. I even didn't know that he is coming Delhi for surprising me and here i am upset since yesterday that he forgot about my birthday.

" Sir we reached." driver said breaking my chains of thoughts.

" Yeah come Anika "

Shivaay get down first  before i open door Shivaay open for me. Mumbling a thanks i came down. This is one of the most expensive resturant in Delhi.

I thought to call maa to inform as i told her that i will come home at lunch time she must be waiting for me. But were i kept my phone. I am checking my bag that i didn't realise i kept my foot on stone before i balance myself a hand came on my abdomen before i kiss the ground.

"Are you ok " he asked me. And i realise our position he is standing very close me. My breath hitched with close proximity. Everytime with a mere touch i feel different sensation. Heat rushed in my body.

Immediately I move back nodding my head. He take his hand back. We move inside their are only few people .
I excuse myself and came washroom. First i messaged maa that i will come home in evening. After making my self presentable i came out. Their is lady standing came to me.

"Mam please come this way "

Their is gate maybe they have other place.

" Mam sir is waiting for you. Have a nice day" saying she left the place.

As i open the door I gasped. I rooted at my place only. Dim lights with fairy lights, flowers all around. It's looking so beautiful. First time ever i feeling like this that i don't have words to describe. It's all looking like a dream.

"Are you planning to stand here only" i didn't realise from where he came.
Standing their hands shoved in pockets without the coat.

" Shivaay what's all this.."

" I hope you like this"

" Seriously Shivaay you don't have to this "

" I know but i want to do now enough come and cut the cake first "

Saying he take my hand and lead to the table. Where so many gifts are placed with cake. He give knife to me.

" You should always make a wish before cutting the cake"

I closed my eyes i don't know what future hold for us. But at this moment I am happy with Shivaay. It's starting of our journey together. All  i wish is happiness of him and all  family members. Keep your blessings on us.

As I open my eyes he is looking at me with the smile.  He lit the candle.

I blew once, twice, thrice but that candle didn't went off. Shivaay is chuckling beside me. Ok i get it.  It's magic candle.

" Wait let me try " the candle went off as soon as he blew it. "See it is so easy" he is teasing me now.

"Let's cut now "

I take his hand on mine . He raise his eyebrows in confusion. I gesture him to cut the cake with me. We cut the cake together. I take the piece make him feed. He take that piece from hands make me feed.

"Happiest Birthday"

Today smile is not ready my face. I am feeling so happy today. I have seen  and experience so much in life. And one thing i learnt that never let anyone to decide about your life and let them hurt you.  Make yourself so strong that you can tackle any problem without loosing yourself.
After years i am feeling this much happiness.

" Well let me give you your gift "

" No "

"You have already given me my gift. It is a valuable one. I don't want anything else Shivaay."

" This is not for you it is for my would to be wife, daughter-in - law of Oberoi's, from brother to her sister and specially from nephew to his badi maa so you have no right to refuse. And if i didn't give you this they will not allow me enter in house. So here it is." He take out one card. I take that card from his hands.

Their is one small boy with one lady. Holding his hand beneath it's written Ishaan and badi maa. And above happy birthday. His is handwriting is not clear but it's looking so cute. Tears start forming in my eyes.

" You are the first person for whom he made card. Not even for me or gauri he made. From 15 days he is making this card for you."

I traced the drawing with my fingers.

"Here this is from mom and dad " he handed me two boxes. I open to find their is  novel in one and pairs of anklet in other.

" This one is from Om. " I unwrap the gift. It's my sketch and how beautifully he made this.

" It's from gauri he handed me another box " i open to find it's a beautiful sareer. With a note in it.

I also buy same sareer for me . We both will  be twinning soon in this. I hope you like. Happiest birthday bhabhi.

Love Gauri

" And this is from my side " he handed me small box. I open that box. My eyes widened in surprise.

______________________________________

Here is update guys. Days are very hectic i didn't find time to write but i am trying my best to give you updates as soon as possible. There are more surprises for anika. So wait for that.

Stay safe and healthy

Don't forget to hit the vote button ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

203K 6.7K 62
"Shivaay today you proved that nothing means more to you than bloodline and surnames ..not even our love. But if you are Shivaay Singh Oberoi then I...
71.3K 7.4K 30
Every successful and happy married life will definitely have a huge base called friendship. Everyone who's reading this right now will relate to it...
406K 38.4K 50
• • • • Attraction is spontaneous, but Relationship is not. • • • • Shivaay has celebrated celibacy so far. He has craved to be in an intimate relati...
237K 25.7K 46
Shivaay Singh Oberoi, a bad boy and the most popular guy in college. 🤷‍♂ Anika, a nerd who is only concentrated on her studies and hates Shivaay. 💁...