The Headmaster's Errand Boy (...

By NoOneToRemember123

As Yang attends her first year at Beacon Academy, she runs into an old friend. However, he does not seem to b... More

Character Introduction
Prologue: Meeting for the First Time
Ch 1: Reunion
Ch 2: Getting Situated
Ch 3: The Coming Storm
Ch 5: Recovering
Ch 6: No Rest for the Weary
Ch 7: Peace for Now
Ch 8: Training for the Festival
Ch 9: Immature Adults
Ch 10: End of the Tournament
Ch 11: Field Trip
Ch 12: Calm Before the Storm
Ch 13: Battle of Beacon 1
Ch 14: Battle of Beacon 2
Ch 14.25: Cleanup 1
Ch 14.5: Cleanup 2
Ch 14.75: Cleanup 3
Ch 15: Battle of Beacon Aftermath
Ch 16: Finally Letting it Out
Ch 17: Getting Back to Normal
Ch 18: Return
Ch 19: Two Birds With One Stone
Ch 20: Finishing Cleanup
Ch 21: Holidays Off
Ch 22: The Game Resumes
Ch 23: Cowards are Never Trustworthy
Ch 24: Summer Vacation
Ch 25: Power
Ch 26: New War Brewing
Ch 27: Faces New and Old
Ch 28: Heartwarming Family Reunion
Ch 29: Back to Class
Ch 30: Downtime
Ch 31: Ready to Settle the Score
Ch 32: Might Makes Right
Ch 33: Retaliation
Ch 34: Nightmares Revealed
Ch 35: Chasing the Bird
Ch 36: Tying Up Loose Ends
Ch 37: Final Preparations
Ch 38: Last Goodbyes
Ch 39: The Strike Against Salem
Ch 40: Dark Mirror
Ch 41: Broken Promises
Ch 42: Peace at Last
Epilogue: Happy Family
Author's Note
Dark Mirror Ch 1: Fracture
Dark Mirror Ch 2: Doomsday
Dark Mirror Ch 3: The Enemy of My Enemy
Dark Mirror Ch 3.5: The Final Confrontation
Dark Mirror Ending 1
Dark Mirror Ending 2

Ch 4: Echoes of the Past

4.2K 85 2
By NoOneToRemember123

Y/N's Pov

I had elected to stay at beacon. It just seemed like such an obvious time to attack. Many the students and teachers would be gone. I sat alone, waiting for anything to happen. I had time to think now that I was completely alone with only a few teams and some teachers. 

My thoughts immediately turned to Yang as I sat there. I didn't want to admit it, but I did like her. I also was fully aware she liked me back, at least to some degree. But I also knew that relationships were not a luxury I had right now, maybe not ever. I couldn't afford to let anyone get that close to me, because they could be used against me. As much as I didn't like it, I knew it would be much worse if I let my feelings get in the way.

As I sat there, I felt someone watching me. I pretended not to notice, but kept my eye on my surroundings. I waited for the inevitable attack, and soon felt them coming closer once they were close enough, I teleported to where they were and took a swing at them. 

Surprisingly, they managed to move away in time, even though my semblance is instant. That meant they had something amplifying their reflexes, and saw me winding my attack up. I turned and saw who it was, and was greeted with what looked like a man about my height wearing a typical white fang uniform. His face was obscured by his Grimm mask, so I couldn't see his face. I noticed some kind of tail, and what looked like either fox or cat ears on his head. 

???: "So, this is where you ended up."

Y/N: "Who are you? You're not supposed to be here. Leave or I will make you."

???: "You don't recognize me?"

Y/N: "Well, you are wearing a mask and you look like any other cannon fodder grunt I would beat up on a normal day."

???: "Maybe this will jog your memory." His body glowed a strange red color and he lunged at me at an incredible speed. I used my instant movement to hit him before he got to me, sending him flying across the courtyard. He landed and instantly ran next to me, so I quickly teleported back and hit him with several dust waves from my sword. 

He jumped out of the way, and drew double katanas, which he put together forming what looked like a sniper rifle. He fired some shots at me, and I used my new gravity dust attachment on my sheath to catch the bullets and hurl them back at him. He was not prepared for this, and they all hit. I followed up with several more dust waves of my own while he was stunned, and he failed to dodge all of them. His aura was quickly failing, while I had, like usual, not taken a hit. 

He fled. I tried to pursue, but I quickly lost him. Immediately I pulled out my scroll and called Ozpin.

Y/N: "Come on, pick up, old man."

Ozpin: "Hello, Y/N? Did something happen?"

Y/N: "I was attacked by a white fang member. He claimed he knew me."

Ozpin: "Did he seem familiar at all?"

Y/N: "No. All I know is his semblance is some form of fast movement. I was barely able to keep up with him."

Ozpin: "Where is he now?"

Y/N: "He ran after I hit him pretty hard. I lost him. I'm sorry."

Ozpin: "We will discuss this later. For now just stay there and wait for us. I can't return early without arousing suspicion from the students."

Y/N: "Ok, fine."

Timeskip

Yang's Pov

The trip was fun enough. We got the sap, fought some Grimm, and left. I heard Jaune saved Cardin from a Grimm. Maybe that will get him to stop being such a jerk. 

We headed back, and decided to go out to Vale to hang out. As we were walking, we saw that a local dust store had been robbed, and heard that no money was taken, only dust. The Police also said that a suspect may have been identified, and it sounded like they were White Fang We also ran into some red-haired girl named Penny, who just seemed off somehow. 

The conversation turned to White Fang, and Weiss and Blake got into an argument over whether the organization did any good. Blake got so mad that she ran off, after seemingly saying she was one of them. We went looking for her, but she was pretty good at disappearing, so we knew it could take a while. 

Y/N's Pov

After the incident with the White Fang member, we conducted a search of the school. Nothing seemed out of place, as if he had only been here for me. Still, I was worried. This didn't make any sense. They clearly knew me, and even could keep up with my abilities. 

Ozpin: "How well do you remember what he looked like?"

I described him as best I could, but since he was wearing a mask and other gear, I couldn't get a look at his face or any other identifying features.

Ozpin: "Are you hurt?"

Y/N: "No, I'm fine."

Ozpin: "Good, because I need you to go to Vale. There are reports of another dust robbery and I would like you to see if there is anything you can do to help the police."

Y/N: "Well, I can do that. But why do you need me to go check it out?"

Ozpin: "Because a man fitting the description you gave was seen with the assailants."

Y/N: "The White Fang is robbing the stores now? I thought that was Torchwick."

Ozpin: "We are not sure yet. I just need you to go tell the police what you just told me."

Y/N: "Why not do it over the phone?"

Ozpin: "Because they will want to see your huntsmen license."

Y/N: "Fair enough. I'll call on my way back."

I headed toward Vale by teleporting since that would be faster than any other way of getting there. This was going to be a long night. 

Timeskip

I showed up to the crime scene, and presented my credentials and said Ozpin sent me. They said he had already called ahead and had told them to inform me of everything they knew. 

Apparently this meant we now had two organizations both stealing industrial amounts of dust. They didn't take any money. This could only mean one thing. I knew this was going to get chaotic soon. I thanked them, and was on my way back when I saw some White Fang members at the docks. Quickly, I teleported to a corner where I could observe what was happening without being seen. 

I disconnected my sheath from my belt, holding it in my weak hand. I placed my other hand on the handle, and waited, fingering the dust switch attachment. I then saw the unmistakable stupid-looking hat. He was here too. He started talking to the grunts. Now it made sense, they were working together. I wondered how long it would last, since criminals will always be criminals. 

Someone attacked Torchwick, and I barely recognized them as one of Yang's teammates. I saw the man who attacked me quickly draw his dual katanas and point them at her. I was going to have to step in. This guy, whoever he was, was powerful and far past what any student could deal with. She tried to ask them why they were working with someone like Roman, and they responded by opening fire.

Another student jumped in, a monkey faunus with some kind of nun-chuck weapons. He easily dealt with the weaker opponents, but the mysterious man ran behind him and quickly pushed him back. Before he could press his attack, I teleported in and hit him with my own semblance, sending him flying into a crate. As he got up, I teleported next to him.

Y/N: "Why don't you pick on someone your own size?"

???: "Oh, hello again."

I saw out of the corner of my eye that the boy was getting back up. Blake was dealing with Torchwick, so I figured he should at least be occupied. That left me to deal with this freak. He ran behind me, but before he could even raise his weapons I had turned around and uppercutted him into the air with my sword.

Y/N: "Got you now."

In the air, most people are fairly easy targets. This is because they are stunned, and don't have a frim ground to stand on. Also, I can hit them from any angle. His semblance also seemed to be one of simply speeding up his own movements, which would require something to stand on to run. I used this to my advantage, delivering a volley of swings from everywhere at once, and then with one final hit I sent him flying back to the ground. He hit hard, and left a large crater. I teleported next to him, and stabbed forward with my blade. 

His aura didn't break, but the force sent him back quite a distance. But he caught me off guard by immediately running back to me, and taking a swing at me. It hit, and now I was the only barreling through the air. I hit the ground, and felt my own aura shatter. 

???: "What, already? That easily? Fine, I guess now I can deal with those kids now."

Y/N: "I wouldn't call it just yet," I said, feeling my power acting of its own accord. "Of course it has to happen now", I thought. When my aura breaks, I don't immediately lose my ability to use my semblance. Instead, for a short time, I completely lose control of it and all my movement becomes erratic like static on a screen. This is because my semblance is incredibly powerful and has to be contained, which is handled by my aura. When I lose that, any large movement I do will happen through my semblance, making even the slightest step or hand gesture instant. The problem was that once I came out of this state, I would be incredibly weak and would finally lose my power until my aura came back. I stood up, not using any muscle. 

???: "What's this? Still got some fight left in you?"

Y/N: "I recommend you run. Even I fear this." It felt strange to talk. My voice sounded distorted, because my mouth was instantly moving with my words.

???: "Fine. This should be fun."

This time when we clashed, things happened so fast that I doubt anyone who might have seen it could even see which of us was doing what. I could barely keep up myself. When everything settled, he was on the ground, clearly almost down. Before I could finish him, he ran with his semblance. I felt dizzy, and fell to one knee. I looked around, and Torchwick was gone. I saw one of Ironwood's little science experiments dealing with the stragglers. "That's strange, why is that here already?" I thought. I then turned to Blake and her friend.

Y/N: "Tell anyone about that, and I will tear you apart with it. Are we clear?"

Ssun: "Uh... Yeah. I'm not even going to ask."

Blake: "I promise, your secret is safe with me." I noticed her bow was gone, revealing cat ears similar to mine. 

Y/N: "Good." I fell to the ground and promptly blacked out. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.2K 329 6
Welcome to Beacon academy! The most prestigious school in all of Vale! Here you will be teaching the future of the world of Remnant along side your f...
13.6K 112 18
y/n wasn't just an ordinary student at beacon academy, he wasn't even close to being that All rights for rwby go to rooster teeth
14.4K 256 6
Meet Y/n Okkotsu, a 17 year old boy who watched his own childhood friend's death in front of him thus cursing to be by his side. Y/n lives alone sinc...
38.7K 378 20
There was once a boy who who watched his mother die in front of him only to determine him into fighting...on his own He grew up into a good fighter a...