Trails of High School

By Tarena_G

"You can't walk up on everyone Andrian" Stormi said annoyed. "As a matter of fact I can" Andrian said before... More

WARNING
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81

Chapter 45

2 11 0
By Tarena_G

"What do you want?" Mckenna asked Madison who walked to the Elites table at the cafeteria.

"I get it I shouldn't have done what I did but don't you think you're taking this too far?" Madison asked. "It's not like you haven't done what I did before with Shawn"

"Don't" McKenna warned and Madison narrowed her eyes at her. Keith and the guys just watched. "Get lost"

"Make me" Madison challenged before sitting down.

"I warned you" McKenna said with a sly smirk.

"Not here" River warned.
Keith answered his phone.

"Yo pops what's up?" Keith asked smiling. "Oh I'm aight dad" He said casually. "Wait what? what do you mean? calm down dad I.." he said

Everyone on the table stared at him while McKenna smirked and watched.

He looked up at her with fearful yet annoyed eyes.

"No dad calm down.... mum I'll... Yes" He said before running his fingers through his hair and throwing his phone on the table.

"What did you do?" Megan asked McKenna who smirked.

"I warned you didn't I? how'd that call go for you? I bet your dad is furious because Javaughn Enterprise just lost a major asset" McKenna said out loud staring at him across the table with a smirk on her face. He stared at her angrily yet slightly embarrassed.

"What? such a bitch" Madison said

"Oh I'm coming for you" McKenna told Madison who gulped.

"You made your parents do that? that's so mean McKenna. It's between you and Keith not your parents" Maxine said surprised.

"What do you know Maxine?" McKenna asked glaring.

"That's low even for you McKenna. You don't do that to someone you love" Ares told her. She laughed.

"Just look at you!" she spat bitterly.

"Bitch there are other ways to deal with him you know" Lake told her.

"His dad taunting him is the perfect one" McKenna said. "Y'all do shit worse than this but I'm the bad one? throw shades at me as well Keith. Do it!" she yelled.

"You're losing it. Y'all should leave her be she did nothing wrong" River said with a shrug.

"Yeah she went extreme but she had the right to. You fucking hurt her by doing shit with her bestfriend so sorry Keith you had that coming" Megan told him as a matter of fact.

"Thanks bestie" McKenna said smirking.

"Always" Megan said with a wink before getting up. She walked away and McKenna stood up. River just watched.

"I won't forget this" Keith told McKenna. She gulped in slight fear but just smirked and walked away.

"Leave" River told the other girls.

"Uh duh" Madison said standing up to go and she walked away.

"You're still here" River told her. She shrugged.

"Didn't feel it was applied to me" Maxine replied.

"I like that. Now leave sweetheart" River said smiling and she rolled her eyes before leaving.

"That was bullshit" Jalen said.
Keith buried his face in his palm.

  ••••• Stormi came back to the class just as she was about to leave she saw Keith.

"Everyone's preparing for the presentation today. Why're you here?" Stormi asked walking up to him.

"You never mind your business do you?" Keith asked rudely.

"Nope. Some call me the ears of Louisville" Stormi said with a shrug and he laughed.

"You're stupid. So I'm guessing you already know what's wrong" Keith said.

"Nope" Stormi replied and he rolled his eyes.

"What are you here for?" Keith asked.

"Uh came to get something" Stormi replied before pulling out a chair.

"Whoa whoa whoa what are you doing?" Keith asked startling her and she chuckled.

"I believe you aren't stupid to understand I wanna sit. Talk to me"

"So you assume I'll open up simply because you asked" Keith said before scoffing.

"No I think you'll open up to me eventually" Stormi said with a shrug before sitting down.

"Get rid of whatever gave you the impression that we're friends" Keith told her.

Stormi stared at him hurt for a while.

"Right I should stop making assumptions, my bad. Stop sulking because McKenna did that to you or your family. You had that coming and in a way you deserve it Playboy"
Keith narrowed his eyes.

"You have no idea of what I'm going through so I suggest you don't act it" Keith snapped.

"Yeah I know it isn't that simple but duh take out that fire on McKenna not me. Y'all are just messed up and you sulking won't change nothing. Your dad is cruel and he's mad at you so what? show McKenna you're more than this" Stormi snapped back.

Keith slammed his fist on the wall.

"Get out!" Keith said angrily and she laughed.

"My work is done anyway. I struck a nerve that means you got the message. Don't go slamming walls you clearly can't handle" Stormi told him laughing and they stared at his shaky fist.

Keith exhaled and ran his fingers through his hair.

"You're unbearable" Keith said with a small smile.

"Aren't we all? well you know I'm right" Stormi said and he smiled. "This is the part you say thank you you know"

Keith just stared at her and shook his head.

"Right. I'll be leaving now not that you asked or you care" Stormi said with a shrug.

She walked away and Keith smiled slightly.

                        ••☘••️☘••️
"Don't be an idiot. Basing addiction on the symptoms doesn't provide an advantage over the other group. Don't be an idiot" River said again and Stormi frowned at him.

"There are other ways to present your opinion you know" Stormi said annoyed.

"You're too cliche. We should do this by gender. You're so stupid" River dissed Stormi who slammed the papers on the table.

"You don't talk to me like that" Stormi warned him.

"Else?" River challenged raising a brow. The guys laughed.

"Leave her alone River" Aaron chipped in.

"I was wondering when you were gonna speak up instead of being a mutt" River dissed. "Are you stupid? quit oggling"

"River" Aaron called in a strangled tone.

"Great. Even you gets to moan the name" River said rolling his eyes and the boys went wild. Aaron was embarrassed.

"Damn River" Trey said laughing. "Had enough Aaron?" he teased and Aaron glared at him. River smirked.

"You're on his side?" Zac asked Trey.

"There ain't no side Zac" Ares said with a shrug.

Megan who was in her own group screamed in frustration.

"Jeez how hard is it to come up with a debate? y'all are stupid quit thinking with your ass for once!"

The guys turned to look at her and laughed.

"Looks like you aren't the only one having a tough time" Keith said.

"Yeah they're all idiots" River said with a shrug.

"McKinnon quit being so rude. Hand your personal projects to your class representative" Ms Delocca said before walking away. River smirked.

They started handing them over to River.

"They get on my nerves so much" Megan complained to River. He laughed.

"You had that coming. That's what you get for choosing stupid team members" River replied and she exhaled.

"I guess so" Megan replied before adjusting her lipstick and makeup.

"Your mum called?" River asked

"No why?" Megan asked with slight fear in her tone.

"Nah bro how can you say Gianluca is off the grid? that can't even happen and you know it" Ares argued with his other friends and some guys who were talking about basketball. There was a slight argument.

"Yo River how many dunks did Luca score in his last game?" Lake asked.

"She told me everything" River told Megan while observing her sudden tone. He turned to Lake. "Sorry baby but I can't see" He said in a sarcastic tone.

"She told you?" Megan asked wide eyed.

"Ugh about five" River finally replied.

"I'm damn right. That was before he was benched for foul" Lake claimed.

"Yeah she did tell me. I wonder why you hid it tho" Lake told Megan who had tear filled eyes now.

"I..I didn't know how to tell you River it was a shock to me as well I don't know how I'm gonna cope and it's gonna ruin our reputation and.." Megan said in a hurry dabbing at her eyes.

"What are you talking about?" River asked Megan.

"What did you do to her?" Ares asked walking up to them and the other boys turned to them as well.

"You..you don't know?" Megan asked shocked.

"He's a manipulative bastard don't forget that" Ares said.

"Now I know you owe me an explanation" River said in a serious tone before walking away with the project files.

"Here" Stormi said throwing hers on the pile.

"Arrogant much?" River said.

"Run along boy and make sure you hand in the projects" Stormi told him.

"We'll see about that" River replied before walking away.

"You okay? why didn't you tell nobody you had a problem?" Ares asked Megan.

"Because it's hard to talk about okay? I have to go" she walked away from him. "C'mon McKenna" she called and they both left the class.

Ares ran his fingers through his hair and sat down. Lake joined him.

"It's hard seeing her hurt. You like her don't you?" Lake asked. "I see it bro don't deny it" Ares exhaled.

"It doesn't matter" Ares said shrugging. "I'm just her bestfriend"

"Or worse, River's Cousin" Lake said patting him on the shoulder before getting up and walking away. Ares processed the words.

"Just look at them" Heidi said standing next to Trey and they both watched Stormi and Aaron play and laugh.

"Yeah I'm shocked they're still acting normal especially after the kiss. It's rare you know" Trey said casually.

"Wait what? what kiss? uh they kissed? when was wow" Heidi said shocked.

"You had no idea?" Trey asked amused.

"Duh I know he likes her but damn. Stormi didn't even tell me. Whoa" Heidi said with a small laugh. She watched them before walking away.

Heidi and Jordyn met Stormi.
"When were you gonna tell us?" Jordyn asked.

"About?" Stormi asked confused.

"Don't play ignorant with me Stormi" Jordyn said rolling her eyes. Stormi scoffed.

"Don't act tough now. Well if you aren't ready to.."

"You kissed Aaron?" Heidi asked amused.

"Don't be confused sweetie I guess that's a little misinformation. He kissed me. I didn't" Stormi corrected.

"Either way we're your bestfriends you should have told us" Jordyn told her.

"It didn't mean nothing besides I'll never let that happen again so there. No need to give your hungry minds what to feed on" Stormi said sorting through papers in her file.

"That's harsh. You should open up to people sometimes you know. Like maybe get a boyfriend" Heidi said shrugging and Stormi smiled.

"Hmm I'll think of that when next I go to oh yes the market" Storm said in a sarcastic tone.

"Ugh fine we'll drop it" Jordyn said raising her hands in surrender.

"Thank you" Stormi replied before ignoring them again. Heidi and Jordyn exchanged glances and exhaled.

••☘••️☘••️
"It's the parents teachers conference today" Stormi said exhaling.

"Yeah sadly" Jordyn said sitting down.

"Long night?" Aaron asked McKenna who gave him a tight lipped smile.

"It'd be if you stayed any longer" McKenna said in a rude tone. He laughed.

"I like that" Aaron replied and she rolled her eyes.

"Seriously Aaron I need to rest" McKenna told him and he nodded. He walked away and she smiled slightly.

"Is Tiago gonna show up or he'll send a representative?" Jalen asked.

"No idea" Ares replied. Andrian walked in.

"Whoa you did clean up good" Lake teased and the others laughed. Andrian smirked.

"I'm expecting my dad so why not?" Andrian asked and they stared at him surprised.

"Perfect son. I don't think Tiago would be so mad at you" Keith said shrugging.

"Maybe" Andrian muttered.

"I'm sorry you're going through all these because of me" Ares apologized.

"Guilt is the last thing I need" Andrian said dismissing him.

Parents arrived at the school
Andrian was on the phone with Felix. He exhaled and put it on speaker.

"I have no idea as to what the boss' agenda is but I have a feeling he'll be in Louisville soon I'm not sure" Felix told him.

"Really?" Ares asked.

"That's what he just said. Don't be ridiculous" Andrian said calmly.

"Change of plans. I was just called in. I'll be going to meet him at the company after which we'll be coming to Louisville" Felix said afraid. "I don't think he's in a good mood" He informed.

"Report to him immediately" Andrian said before hanging up. Ares ran his fingers through his hair.

"This is gonna be bad" Ares said almost breaking a sweat.

"How are you this calm?" Noah asked surprised.

"I can handle it. It's only Tiago" Andrian said. "Meagan" he called. She let out a breath before walking up to him. She tried to smile.

"Hey guys" Megan said cheerily.

"I believe you owe me an explanation" Andrian told her.

"What are you talking about? uh heard from Cash? he called and.." Megan said trying to avert the topic and he smirked.

"Cash will call whenever he pleases. You were going to tell me something about your family" Andrian told her.

"Maybe we shouldn't do that here" Ares told him.

"It doesn't matter. Your secret is safe with the code. Now speak" Andrian instructed.

"This is hard Andrian I just can't say.." Megan began to say but stopped and sucked in a breath.

"They're getting divorced aren't they?" Andrian asked.

"What?" The other guys.

"What?" Ares said again and Megan began to cry.

"I believe she got it the first time" Andrian dissed Ares. "Stop crying. There's no such thing as being together forever. They'll get over it. You can take care of yourself so it's cool"

"What the fuck bro how can you say that to her?" Ares asked a annoyed and pulled her into a hug. Andrian rolled his eyes.

"They know what's best for them. Parents are messed up trust me you don't want them in your life" Andrian said.

"I know you're just a stone cold bastard who doesn't give a fuck about nothing but that's so mean you know even if I clearly know it isn't your fault" Megan said wiping at her eyes.

"Don't worry I'll always be here" Ares told her kissing her forehead.

"You'll be fine Meg" Keith told her patting her shoulder. She nodded and looked away. "No need to feel guilty. You were just standing up for a friend. It's cool" he told her and she nodded.

"Pity party" Andrian said annoyed.

Andrian cursed under his breath and tugged at his tie. He was fighting with himself.

"You okay Andrian?" Megan asked worried. He groaned.

"Meg are you okay?" River asked moving to her an swiping her tears. She laughed and held unto him.

"I'm good River. I'm glad to see you" Megan said smiling.
The conference already started.

"Settle down everyone" Ms Delocca said walking in and they all sat down. "I'll be handing your projects to you right now and it'll cover most of your marks this term"

The students groaned and she gave them their scripts and commented.

"You did excellently well Kapono" Ms Delocca complimented.

"Apparently" River said smirking.

"Uh excuse me Ms Delocca I haven't received mine"

"It didn't occur to you that you didn't do yours?" Ms Delocca asked and they laughed. Stormi frowned.

"No I did. I submitted it to River" Stormi clarified.

"Sort that out with him I have no idea whatsoever. River did she hand in her project?" Ms Delocca asked.

"Not at all" River replied almost immediately and Stormi glared at him.

"How can you say that? I.."

"Enough Stormi. That's a zero for you. Study hard to make up in your exam" and with that she walked away.

River smirked and Stormi glared at him. She marched towards him angrily and slammed her palm on the table.

"Where's my project River?" Stormi asked angrily.

"It doesn't matter anymore. Embrace your zero and get over it" River said before reclining in his chair.

"Get over it? that's all you're gonna say? my marks matter River and I do care about school so you'd better do what's right and hand in my project else" Stormi threatened.

"Else?" River asked finding the situation amusing.

"You're excused Stormi" Megan said folding her arms.

"Don't talk to me like that"

"Ouuu feisty are we? get out of my sight" Megan said looking at Imani with so much disgust.

"Make me Megan. Now listen River I'll make you miserable so you'd better hand in my project" Stormi warned.

"Wow you almost look attractive" River said sucking his teeth, smirking.

"Now I see why nobody can be with you. You deserve to be alone and miserable" Stormi said before brushing shoulders with Megan and walking away. Megan managed to regain her balance.

"Jeez what was that?" Megan asked still in shock. River processed the words.
The ride stopped.

"What's wrong Dante?" Tiago asked when the car stopped.

"Boss there's a problem with the tire I suppose" Dante replied and Tiago glared.

"Don't make assumptions with me" Tiago warned.

"I'm sorry boss I'll check it out" Dante said bowing before getting down and inspecting the tires.
Tiago rolled his eyes and used his phone.

"It had better be worth my time" Tiago warned immediately he answered the phone.

"Sir Mr Sanchez is here to review the contract" Elise told him in a shaky voice.

"Right I'm sitting behind my desk hand me the file I'll sign it right away" Tiago said in a sarcastic tone.

"I don't see you here sir I..ohh I'm so sorry" Elise replied feeling embarrassed when she noticed his sarcasm.

"You have alot to learn. Schedule a 4:00 appointment with him and make sure to catch unto my sarcasm next time else you're fired" Tiago replied and Felix who sat beside him turned to look at him and smiled.

"Y..y..yes Sir" Elise stammered.

"Good. Respect my policy about sorry" Tiago warned before putting down his phone.

"So arrogant with no sense of humor. Ugh so egotistical"

"We'll elaborate on that Elise. You're fired" Tiago said frightening her before putting his phone away.

She stared at her phone and noticed he recently ended it and she got scared.

Felix laughed lightly. Tiago smiled and came down the car and Felix did same.

"So sorry boss I had to change the tires" Dante apologized.

"First the GPS then fuel shortage, then the cops, now this" Dante complained. "So much for a day"
Felix reasoned and his eyes grew wide. Tiago smirked.

"Tell Andrian I'm on my way" Tiago said smirking. "I'm impressed"

Felix nodded with a smirk.
River ran his fingers through his hair.

"He's on his way" Ares informed looking worried.

"What are you gonna do now?" Lake asked.

"Damn tuck in your shirt atleast. You looking rogue and that's gonna throw Tiago off" Ares adviced. River glared at him.

"My existence ticks him off every time. My appearance is nothing" River said shrugging.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 134K 64
RATHOD In a broken family, every person suffers from his insecurities and guilt. Successful in every field but a big failure when it comes to emotio...
1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
9.9M 500K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
191M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...