π“π„πŒππ“π€π“πˆπŽππ’ | βœ”οΈ

By _DemonGoddesss_

Scarlett Moore has had her fair share of betrayal and lies. She's afraid to give someone else her heart witho... More

BEFORE READING ⚠️
description
prologue
one
two
three
four
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
epilogue

five

1.1K 34 6
By _DemonGoddesss_

Once I walked in the house, I already knew something was off. I didn't see Liam anywhere in the living room or in the kitchen. I slowly placed my phone on the counter and kept looking around.

"Liam?" I called out, looking down the hallway.

He walked into the living room, putting his hands in the pocket of his jeans. Just from the look in his eyes, I knew he was drunk and it made my fear increase. I glanced at my car keys and when I ran to grab them, his hand was already on my arm, roughly pulling me closer to him.

The smell of alcohol on his breath hit my nose and I turned my head before he gripped my jaw, forcing me to look at him.

"Out with that little friend of yours again, huh?" Liam asked, tightening his grip.

"He needed help with something, Liam," I mumbled, attempting to pull away.

"I don't give a fuck what he wanted. If I tell your ass to get home, then get home!"

I flinched when he raised his voice before shoving me to the ground and sending a kick to my stomach. A sharp gasp broke out of me as my arms went to cover my stomach.

"See what the hell you make me do, Scarlett?" Liam snapped, kicking me again.

"I-I'm sorry," I stammered out, glancing up at him.

"You're gonna be," he mumbled, before swinging his foot towards me again.

I woke up with deep gasp and sweat trickling down my forehead. Frantically looking around, I grabbed the blanket, holding it tightly and closing my eyes, trying to calm my breathing.

My body fell back against the pillows and I stared up against the ceiling with watery eyes.

Can't even get away from him in my damn dreams.

When I grabbed my phone to check the time, it was four in the morning. A low groan rumbled in my throat before turned back on my side. I let my eyes shut close and a deep sigh left my lips before I fell into a slumber.

***

"Go out with me today."

I patted my chest, letting out a fist of coughs before looking back at Carter.

"Repeat that," I rasped, drinking some of my water.

"Go out with me today," he repeated, stealing one of my grapes.

"Carter..." I started, shaking my head.

"I know you're in a relationship or whatever. Just think of it as a friendly outing."

He looked at me with a grin while tossing another grape in his mouth. I groaned quietly, eating a few grapes before looking back at him again.

"Alright, fine. Where are you gonna take me anyway?" I asked, finishing my water.

"All over. I'm gonna make sure you have a good day, even if it kills me," he chuckled.

I smiled to myself, shaking my head before putting my cup in the sink and handing him the grapes. Jason was fast asleep and Lola had work to do, so it was just me and Carter. I really enjoyed his company, so I really couldn't complain.

"You didn't eat today, did you?" Carter asked.

"Only these grapes," I replied.

"Then that's what we'll do first. Go get dressed and I'll wait here."

"You really don't have to-"

"Shut up, I want to. Now go."

I sighed then went to my room and began digging in my drawer for clothes. There's no telling what we were doing so I just threw on a pair of jean shorts and a red tee shirt, along with a pair of tennis shoes.

I then went to the bathroom, brushing my hair and running my fingers through it. This is the longest I've looked at myself in the mirror... and I don't like what I'm looking at. I don't even look like myself and... I don't even know who I am anymore.

"Come on, Red!" Carter called out.

I peeked my head out and looked at him.

"Red?"

"You'll understand soon enough," he said, grinning before taking out his keys.

I shook my head then walked out, putting my hands in my back pockets. When I looked at Carter, his eyes quickly went back to my face with a smug grin on his face.

"Ready to go?" He asked, opening the door.

With a nod, I walked out then locked the door before following him to his car. My eyes widened when I saw the sexiest black car I've ever laid my eyes on.

"This is your car?" I asked in awe, not being able to tear my eyes away from it.

He chuckled, nodding. "Yes, it's my car."

God, he makes my car look like shit.

He opened the door for me and I was honestly kind of shocked. Once I stepped inside, he closes my door then jogged over to the drivers side before getting inside. The engine roared to life before he pulled out of my driveway and drove off.

My phone buzzed in my pocket to the point where it was aggravating me, so I pulled it out and seen Erica's name of course. I chewed on my bottom lip nervously before pressing decline and putting it back in my pocket.

"Everything okay?" Carter asked, glancing at me.

"Huh? Yeah, I'm okay. All good," I said, smiling at him.

He hummed quietly then nodded and kept driving. I leaned my head back and put my phone on silent, glancing at Carter every now and then.

It's still hard to believe that Carter's single. I mean, he's a really good looking guy, he's sweet, genuine, and overall I'm surprised there's no women chasing after him already.

For a second, I thought Lola was gonna tell me that they were dating. I mean, they're both really attractive, so of course I'd assume that. I'm pretty sure Jason did too.

"Scarlett."

"Yeah?" I looked at Carter, blinking a few times.

He chuckled quietly and shook his head.

"Come on, we're here."

He stepped out of the car then quickly came to my side, opening the door and allowing me to step out. Once he shut the door, we walked inside the restaurant and holy shit it smelt great. My cheeks started to warm a little when Carter laughed a bit at my stomach growling.

"Shut up, you know I didn't eat," I grumbled, wrapping my arms around my stomach.

"Which is why I brought you here, Red. Let someone treat you for once," he said before talking to the hostess for a table.

She glanced at me every now and then, but her eyes were glued to Carter. I shoved my hands in my back pockets, looking around and taking deep breaths.

Man, there's a lot of people here.

"Hey, you okay?" Carter asked, gently placing a hand on my lower back.

I nodded my head but before he could say something, the hostess walked us to our table and placed menus on top of it.

"Can I start you two off with any drinks?" She asked, taking out a pen and notepad.

"A water is good for me," I said, leaning back.

She nodded her head, writing it down then looking at Carter. "And you sir?"

"Lemonade."

"Alright, I'll get those for you and I'll give you two time to think about your order," she said, before walking off with a smile.

I took my phone out to check it, and I had missed calls from Jason and Lola. Along with a few text messages. I decided to call Jason first, holding the phone against my ear and waiting for him to pick up.

"Scarlett Moore! Where the hell are you? I wake up and you just vanished?!"

"Will you stop telling in my damn ear? Carter took me out to eat, so calm down."

"Carter took you out? Lola! She's with Carter!"

"Wait really?! Let me talk to her!"

I heard shuffling over the phone before Lola came onto the phone, squealing.

"Jesus, Lola."

"I knew you two would get along! I was right, I was right!"

"I'm gonna say the same to you, stop screaming in my damn ear," I snapped, sighing.

"Sorry, sorry. Where'd he take you anyways?"

"Um, iHop," I said, glancing at Carter. He looked at me with a grin before looking back at the menu.

"Bring me back a pancake!"

"Not happening," I chuckled. "Look, I gotta go. I'm starving and I'm craving pancakes. I'll see you later, okay?"

"Later? How long are you staying out? You better be careful and-"

Carter took my phone out of my hand and placed it against his ear.

"Lola, look. We love you, but you talk a lot, okay? Now, Scarlett and I are gonna enjoy our breakfast and then the rest of our day. She'll call or text you when she's on her way back. Bye, Lola."

He hung up the phone then handed it me. I put it back in my pocket then leaned back, crossing my arms.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked him.

"Doing what?"

"This. Being all nice a-and sweet and... stuff. It's not normal."

"It's not normal for a man to take you out and actually treat you like you deserve?"

"For me it isn't," I mumbled, looking to the side.

"Then today, you'll get that from me. Nothing less."

A smile crept on my face before I quickly grabbed the menu, covering my face.

"You two ready to order?"

***

"You could've gotten her number, idiot!"

"She was looking at me funny!"

Carter's dumbass had the opportunity to get a pretty girls number and he declined! He kept going on and on about how she wasn't his type and he wasn't interested.

"So pretty isn't your type?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"It's not that. When women give me their number, it's normally because they want a quick fuck. Believe it or not, it gets annoying," he chuckled.

"Well, what do you like in a woman then?"

Carter then turned to me, humming.

"A real one. What I mean by that... one that actually wants to be with me and not just my dick. For once, it'd be nice to be in a relationship with someone that I can love and that loves me. It sounds sappy and shit, but I honestly don't care," he said, running his fingers through his hair. "Women aren't the only ones who wanna be loved."

He just gets more and more attractive, every time he speaks.

"So, you've never been in a real relationship?"

"I wouldn't call them real. I've either gotten lied to, cheated on, or stolen from by women I've been with. It's tiring," he mumbled the last part, sighing.

Obviously, I never knew any of that. Hearing it from him though... kind of hurt my heart. Nobody deserves that kind of treatment, men nor women.

"You never know, you might get lucky one day," I told him, smiling.

He looked back at me, his cheeks reddening a bit before he turned away, humming.

This whole conversation happened while we were in the car. Now, he was getting his ass whipped in bowling.

"How the hell did you do that?"

"It's all in the wrist," I said, grinning.

Carter let out a grunt before he stood up, grabbing a ball. I sat down and threw a french fry in my mouth, watching him roll the ball down the lane. It hit the pins, knocking down all of the pins.

"See? Not so hard," I chuckled when he playfully glared at me.

"Come on, it's your turn," he grumbled, sitting down and crossing his arms.

I shook my head and stood up, grabbing a ball.

"I hope you know, if I get a strike, I win," I gleaned.

"Yeah, yeah. Just throw the ball."

I turned around then rolled the ball down the lane, watching it hit all ten pins.

"Ha! I win!"

When I turned around, Carter's eyes were already on me and his gaze was... intense. I felt my cheeks warm as I went to the table and sat down, looking away from him.

"You ready to go?" He asked, clearing his throat.

"Ready if you are," I replied.

We took off our bowling shoes then brought them to the front counter before walking out the doors. Overall, we went to iHop, drove around a bit, almost got tossed in a lake, seen a movie, and went bowling. We've been out all day and I couldn't be happier. I had a blast today.

During the drive back home, Carter was awfully quiet but he looked thoughtful. I just shook it off and looked out the window until we made it to my place. I went to get out of the car, but Carter gently grabbed my hand, bringing my attention to him.

"What is it?" I asked, looking at him.

He opened his mouth to say something but then let me go, shaking his head.

"I had fun, Red. I really did."

"So did I," I said, smiling.

He grabbed my hand, gently kissing the top of it before letting me out of the car. I ran a hand through my hair, unlocking my door then walking inside, taking a deep breath.

Lola's gonna be excited to hear this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 387 36
CANILLE SCARLETT is just your average teenager if I may assume, straight A's, quiet, shy but still known by everyone But what happens when your perf...
359 36 35
*EDITING AND ONGOING* Scarlett was never ordinary. Having her entire family be apart of the Mafia since she could remember. She hoped to stay out of...
180K 5.8K 45
Kylie Ross A well known beautiful girl, loved by many, protected and shielded from all world dangers. She is a very happy person, everyehere she goes...
1.5M 64.6K 43
Lia's perfect life came crushing down in one night. Now, three years later... The happy, bubbly, easy-go-lucky, beautiful little girl she once was, t...