The Proposed Marriage

By remixthestory

/BOOK 2 - PROPOSAL SERIES/ -- Starting fresh, starting new is never easy. Not when you leave a major part of... More

❥ Copyright & Characters
❥ Prologue
❥ 1. Hiraeth
❥ 2. Smultronställe
❥ 3. Anam Cara
❥ 4. Hülya
❥ 5. Orenda
❥ 6. Scintilla
❥ 7. Komorebi
❥ 8. Anodyne
❥ 9. Minutiae
❥ 10. Marmoris
❥ 11. Serendipity
❥ 12. Phosphenes
❥ 13. Inchaote
❥ 14. Ramé
❥ 15. Immure
❥ 16. Dormiveglia
❥ 17. Puissance
❥ 18. Haimish
❥ 19. Flōrentis
❥ 21. Brontide
❥ 22. Morii
❥ 23. luftmensch
❥ 24. Aporia
❥ 25. Frore
❥ 26. Parastin
❥ 27. Moed
❥ 28. Procellous
❥ 29. Hellion
❥ 30. Toska
❥ 31. Tacenda
❥ 32. Oneirodynia
❥ 33. Souris
❥ 34. Attrahent
❥ 35. Lucesco
❥ 36. Kalon
❥ 37. Boketto
❥ 38. Tyyneys
❥ 39. Mizpaho
❥ 40. Rakuyou
❥ 41. Neomemenia
❥ 42. Ominous
❥ 43. Verticordious
❥ 44. Elide
❥ 45. Zemblanity
❥ 46. Hävitys
❥ 47. Dolent
❥ 48.Còsagach
❥ 49. Ukiyo
❥ 50. Sayonee
❥ 51. Juggernaut
❥ 52. Affrap
❥ 53. Kärsiä
❥ 54. Crudêl
❥ 54. Cruor
❥ 55. Brumous
❥ Epilogue

❥ 20. Asawa

2.6K 190 13
By remixthestory

Asawa (Noun)

consort, spouse; a gender neutral term for the person to whom one is married with

♡♡

🎶 Aabaad Barbaad (Ludo)

There are moments in life when we wish the time could slow down, the every passing second could freeze or better move on a snail’s pace rather running like a hare. The ticking clock is enough to shake the unsettled anxiety and all the overwhelming emotions one tries so hard to box but this idiot time had to turn into a rocket the moment you wish for otherwise.

The ever ticking of second hand and the lazy hour hand both have seems to be running as the time to Marriage was finally here.

Mahira fidgeted, her fingers playing with her fingers as the car took another turn and her breath shortened. She could hear the indistinct chatters around her, the traffic horns blaring and the soft music playing inside the car.

She swallowed for nth time in the past hour, she glared at the closed windows as the AC blarred in the car, she felt suffocated but she reminded herself that all of this is her nerves, nothing else.

“Just say a word Mahi, We can run away from here. We can go for a trip out of here. You don’t have to get married” Vandita said earning scoffs from others.

It sounded so tempting all of a sudden.

But then could she break his trust or cheat him when it was her who stepped up to help him ?

Mahira masked a smile “No”

“You need to stop scheming this V. We are nearly at his place” Sakshi shot her a stink eye.

“I still don’t like him” Vandita stated.
“Ain’t it great that it’s Mahi who’s getting married to him and not you ?” Sakshi said in mocking.

“Shut up Verma”

“Enough babies, We’re here” Ayaan announced.

Sakshi grumbled under her breath, pushing the door open before Ayaan could reach her. She poked her tongue out at him and stepped away from the door.

Vandita also jumped out from the passenger side.

“It’ll all be good Mahi” Yusra touched her palms she didn’t know were shaking.

Mahira tried to smile again for her, nodding her head in affirmation.
She rubbed her palms along the soft fabric of her Saree, the white and golden silk following down her left shoulder, fabric pinned with her Red blouse.

She smoothened her hairs and tucked a falling strand behind the ear, finger tips touching her low bun. She blinked nervously, encouraging herself.

They all got inside the lift and then to his floor number. She was at ease that she didn’t had to meet any stranger, no strange glances.

The corridor towards his door seemed lengthy. The moment she reached his door and Ayaan rang bell, her eyes fluttered close.

“Hey! Come in. Come in” Danish opened the door. “Wow, Mahira you look beautiful”

Her eyelids fluttered open and she took in the man who stood at the entrance, dressed just like her friends, In Indian.

She frowned in confusion. They had pushed her to get change in this saree when she had selected a simple plain anarkali for the day. She had kept her mouth shut when they all had changed into traditional attires as well, when it was just a court Marriage.

Wasn’t they suppose to just sign and get done with the Marriage ?

She opened her mouth to Question him when her eyes zeroed behind, the apartment was decorated nice and beautiful. Her eyes widened seeing the walls adorned with flower dangles and lights.

“What…is all this ?” She asked surprised, her eyes taking in the commotion inside, turning to her friends she asked again getting smug smiles.

“You thought we’ll let you marry just like that ? A sign ? Come on Mahi you underestimate our love for you” Vandita bumped her shoulder.

“You belong with Spesh, you think you can have a dead and boring wedding ?” Sakshi cocked a brow playfully. 

“Yes!, This is our wedding gift to you Miss Bose” Yusra announced.

“Can we step in ? We don’t want her to marry on the threshold” Ayaan piped and Danish supported him, stepping aside.

Mahira cupped her face, taking in the place. The apartment transformed fully with flowers, curtains, wall lanterns and fairy lights.

The sofas were pushed to the side for a make-shift mandap, the pyre in the middle with all the sacred ingredients kept surrounding it. Two red pillow seats set at one side and a single wooden stool adjacent to it.

She pursed her lips shut, feeling overwhelmed she glance around to catch Palak waving at her. She removed her hand to wave back. She turned and looked back to the group, their faces stretched in big accomplished grins. She could make out some other faces from Spesh.

“Her face says she loves it” Ayaan commented.

“I..do.. Thank you guys” She licked her bottom lips.

Ayaan walked towards her and hugged from shoulders. “This is nothing infront of you Mahi”

She shook her head, words clogged her throat.

“Now you my lady need to stop thinking all of this, The groom will be walking out towards you any minute” Sakshi said tucking her hairs back, smoothening her saree, checking one last time.

“He is here” Danish announced and all eyes traveled to the man who stopped in his pace, eyes fixed on Mahira, taking in her form just like she stared him.

His eyes looked defined in his black sherwani, the velvet cloth hugging him, stretched at right places. The small rose on his chest made it look regal. His black polished chinos shined under the lights.

Mahira averted her gaze away from him but could feel his eyes burning holes, taking in her.

“Whipped” Danish muttered under his breath with a playful smile, loud enough for everyone to hear and burst out in chuckles.

She could feel her blood heating, rushing to her cheeks as she ducked her head and stared at the tiled floor.

“Pandit ji will be here…” Sakshi started when the door bell rung “…now. Take your place both of you”

“Exchange garlands”

Two garlands were passed to them both, Mahira  kept her eyes down as the ritual started, her hair strands falling in front, covering her face still She could feel his gaze on her as he stood infront of her, his body tense and warm.

Vandita covered Mahira’s head with a red veil and the priest lit the holy fire, chanting mantras.

“You look beautiful” He whispered and her breath hitched, his low drawl making her stomach churn along with the anxiety.

“You look good too” She muttered under her breathe, gathering her confidence she looked up, towards him, in his eyes.

“White suits you Ira” His voice lowered. He raised the garland up, her lips curved at the side as he made her wear it. She followed.

The black pools were inviting her, cajoling her brown eyes to not look away.. they seemed to be glowing because of the fire but the darkness evident in them, just like the night. Their wasn’t a single readable emotion in them but they were attractive and enchanting. They forced her to loose herself in them and forget the world.

She almost did until a click resonated, followed by a clearing of throat. She snapped back and turned towards the priest who looked at them in a bored manner, as if he would be anywhere but here getting two more people married.

He instructed them to sit near the hawan kund, his lips started speaking Sanskrit mantras but Mahira kept her eyes set at the fire. He asked them to forward their right hands and perform the puja.

Holy thread was tied around their wrists, bounding them together with each other for next 7 lifetimes. She glanced at him, his eyes hooded, soft and gleaming with unreadable expressions.

“Your friends arranged this all” He informed.

Mahira let the sacred ingredients drop in the fire as instructed by the priest. “You don't mind?” She asked.

“It made you happy” He stated, turning towards her. His jaw was hard but not clenched. “You deserve this Ira, and much more”

“Who’ll perform Kanyadaan ?” He asked and Mahira snapped her eyes towards the priest. Kanyadaan was considered as the most auspicious ritual in the Hindu wedding where the parents of bride give her hands in the groom’s.

Parents ? She swallowed her already dry throat. She didn’t had parents, they weren’t their with her. Her palm closed but another hand touched it, opening it again. Her eyes glancing back to Veer whose lips curved a little, as if assuring her that she didn’t had to think about any of the things.

He tipped his head towards the front where Ayaan stepped towards them.

“I have considered you as my sister Mahi, always. The day I saw you first time with her..” He glanced towards Vandita “…I couldn’t help but develop this protective instinct towards you. You may be a person of few words but your actions speak loud and clear. You have been a little sister to me, Will you give me the honor to do Mahi, as your brother?” He asked and Mahira could feel her eyes burning.

She quickly nodded her head.

Ayaan smiled, his brightest smile with eyes sheering with wetness.

“Too bad, You got him as your brother Mahi” Sakshi jabbed sarcastically, lighting the atmosphere.

“You can always balance it being her sister-in-law Verma” Ayaan winked, earning laughter from others and glare from Sakshi.

Ayaan took Mahira’s hand in his, Mahira smiled and a tear rolled past her eyes. Ayaan rubbed it away from cheek, placing a small kiss on her forehead.

“Thank you Ayaan” She muttered.
“Shush kiddo”  He playfully ruffled her hairs.

“I’ll kill you if you mess her hairs Qureshi” Sakshi glared.

“You don’t look jealous at all darling” He mocked.

The priest cleared his throat once again.

“He’s in a hurry” Ayaan mumbled rolling his eyes making Mahira smile.  He followed what all the priest said. He kept her right palm on top of Veer’s and then poured the water on his palm which fell in theirs, on the leaf and flower.

“Keep my sister happy Veer or you’ll regret meeting me ?” He warned him.

“I’ll do whatever it takes” Veer nodded, his tone held a solemn promise.

He stood up and turned, wiping a single tear away from his eyes which wasn’t missed by Sakshi. She took a shaky breath and unknowingly her hand held his, he didn’t look surprised at the gesture but held her’s tightly.

Next they were asked to take the Seven rounds around the hawan kund, they were showered his flower petals and rice as they took steps One after another, hands intertwined and clothes knotted, his sash and her veil, joined in a forever bond.

Veer took hold on mangalsutra, his hands tying the black beaded thread around her neck making her eyes flutter close. She felt his fingers on her hair partition, a small pint of red vermilion placed by him which made her look back at him.

“From today you’ll be husband and wife for the next 7 births” The priest announced.

Mahira blinked her eyes, a tear drop fell on her cheeks making her flinch. Veer cupped her cheek wiping it away.

“Welcome to new life Ira”

I never thought writing could be this difficult, the words couldn't come and when they did, they didn't made sense to me. I hope this chapter does make sense.

They are Married.

Well, thoughts on this chapter ?

See y'all soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190K 8.7K 24
Ranked #5 in General Fiction on 18 Aug 2018. I would like to thank my readers for this constant support. ***************************************** "...
83.6K 5K 46
BOOK 1 - YOUR SERIES . The one who was rude, arrogant, cold hearted used to melt when he was around the love of his life, vachi. Everyone knew about...
733K 22.3K 40
• BOOK 1 IN MEANT TO BE SERIES • • COMPLETED • • STANDALONE • ~ "I was never yours." I retorted angrily. "Oh sweetheart. You were always min...
194K 13K 66
"You can try all you want to make him love you, Anika but he will never love you. Because he has given his heart to me along ago." She said looking a...