Cold Blood

De djjinx

A girl who was born and raised in the city was suddenly moving to one of the historic and traditional provinc... Mais

Prologue
Chapter 1: Room 309
Chapter 2: Cold Blood
Chapter 3: Steal
Chapter 4: Do I look good?
Chapter 5: Strawberries
Chapter 6: Who is Jessica?
Chapter 7: Weekend
Chapter 9: Universe
Chapter 10: Shakespeare
Chapter 11: The Exes
Chapter 12: Confrontation
Chapter 13: Arcane
Chapter 14: Ice Cream
Chapter 15: TaeNy Day
Chapter 16: Zephyr
Chapter 17: Party Time
Chapter 18: Escape
Chapter 19: Selfless
Chapter 20: Solicitous
Chapter 21: Trustworthy
Chapter 22: Mission
Epilogue
Waves of Romance

Chapter 8: Jeonju

424 25 4
De djjinx

Sunny parked her car in a traditional looking village. I look around and saw the houses you often see to a historical K-drama. In my opinion, it's very fascinating.

"Well, it wouldn't be Jeonju if it isn't historical." Sunny shrugged.

"Welcome to Hanok Village!!" Bora screamed very cheerfully. We all laughed at her skyrocket energy.

"How many houses are these actually?" I asked, still fascinated as we walk out of the car.

"About 735 traditional Korean hanok houses." She replied, in awe of the beauty of it.

"Quick! Let's go to Sarangchae." Sooyoung naughtily spoke as she tucked her hair behind her ear.

"Sooyoung-ah!" Bora complained.

"We can't go there, unnie." Yoona chuckled.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Hanok houses are generally divided into two sections, anchae and sarangchae. Sarangchae is where the men dwell. Because men and women had to remain separated, anchae is situated deep inside the house so that it is secretive and quiet." She explained patiently.

"That explains the apartment buildings like the one we have then." Now I know why the girls and boys are separated. It has something to do with their culture here.

"Yep. So let's just look around. We can find some place to eat here too."

"Let's go to the ahjumma we often visit before!" Sooyoung suggested excitedly.

"Sooyoung unnie! You're the best! Let's do that. Hurry!" Yoona started to pull Sooyoung's arm. We laughed at them. These two really. When it comes to foods, they are fast and furious.

We walk around to see the houses and get to try to sit at the warm flooring of it. They said it has a unique warming system because Koreans loves to sit on the floor.

We continue to walk until we reached a kimbap place. Sooyoung and Yoona eagerly went in this area because they said that the ahjumma's kimbap here is the best.

"Good morning, ahjumma! How have you been?" Yoona smiled sheepishly to a middle aged woman.

"Oh! Yoona? Wow I didn't noticed you. You've grown to a pretty lady now." The Ahjumma held Yoona's face lovingly while Yoona giggled cutely. Yep, they're definitely close.

"Ahjumma, I'm here too!" Sooyoung complained.

"Oh! Of course, Sooyoung." The ahjumma wave her hand at her.

"You wouldn't say that I'm a pretty lady now too?" Sooyoung raised her eyebrow like as if threatening the middle aged woman.

We laughed at her. It's like as if the ahjumma is their real auntie. She still remember them. Maybe they've been here for countless of times already.

Sunny bow politely and the ahjumma was more than happy to see her there too. She look around, curious by the new two faces, Sunny introduced us.

"This is Bora and Tiffany. They are our new friends. We wanted them to show the best place to look for when it comes to kimbap." Sunny winked at the old lady. She really knows how to flutter everyone regardless the age huh?

"Come on in then. I'll serve you the best kimbap you can find in Jeonju." We did as we told. We sat on a six seater table together. The ahjumma left to make the kimbap for us. Now I'm curious how it taste like. I wonder if it taste as good as the one Taeyeon bought for me on my first day.

It did take long for her to come back with plates filled with bite sizes of kimbap as she placed them with a smile in front of us. Her smile is very welcoming. A motherly aura is written all over her face.

We all dig in. And the moment it reaches my mouth, my eyes widened. This is dang good!

"How was it Tiffany?" She kindly asked.

"It taste really good!" I think I might have responded too loudly judging by the way she chuckled.

"It taste exactly the same Taeyeon gave me on the first day of class." I blurted out. And again, they all stopped doing what their doing. I raised my eyebrow. Why do they always give me the same reaction repeatedly everytime I mention Taeyeon's name?

"She gave you a kimbap on the first day of class?" Sooyoung raised an eyebrow.

"Yep. Why?"

"And it taste the same just like this?"

"Yes. It was inside a disposable container though. Did she bought it here? 'cause I'm looking for it anywhere around our building but I couldn't find it." I shrugged.

"Ahjumma--" Before she could finish her question, the ahjumma cut her off.

"No. I haven't seen her for years. I miss that kid."

"But how come?"

"I taught her how to make my kimbap."

Sooyoung gasp like as if she heard a very surprising thing. "You gave your recipe!?"

"Yes." The ahjumma simply replied. "I'm happy that she's still using it." I saw a ghost smile on her face.

"But you never taught me how to make it! Out of all of us, I'm your most regular costumer! I think I have eaten millions of pieces of your kimbap." Sooyoung huffed, sulking.

"Well, I'm ready to teach you some other time." After that, the ahjumma left us laughing at Sooyoung's annoyance.

Sunny drive us around again after we ate and said our goodbyes to the ahjumma. The drive is pretty long. I don't even know where are we going. Isn't this Seoul already? 'cause I swear we've been driving for an hour now.

Sunny stop the car in front of a huge gate to let the guards inspect our car. I look around. Where are we?

After receiving a go signal from the guard, Sunny immediately step on the gas. I just realized though. We're all quiet. Everyone is looking around. As for me, I am totally in awe for the beauty of this place.

It's very pretty. The nature is so beautiful. All you can see to this massive land is green and blue that resembles the healthy nature inside of this place. It's like as if I'm in a whole different country. It's very different.

We walked to the lobby. There is a building that's like an office that operates this whole place.

"We would like to see the horses." Sunny requested to the woman in front.

"Sure thing, ma'am. Please wait a little so I can process your request. You can take your seat while I'm doing so." The woman smiled kindly. We did as we're told. We sat at the couch from quite a distance.

"Are you insane?" Sooyoung whispered in gritted teeth to Sunny. We all heard it though.

"What?"

"Out of places you chose to drive us here? Really, Sunny?"

"What's wrong? It's a beautiful place. Right, Tiffany?" Sunny turn her head to me as I nod in response to her. It's indeed a beautiful place.

"Let's just go somewhere else." Sooyoung demanded in an annoyed manner.

"What's wrong with this place though?" Bora asked the same question in my mind.

"This is Taeyeon's Ranch." She replied bitterly short but it's enough to make us gasp. This is the place where Jessica's family died. Now I know why Sooyoung is so sensitive to this place. It holds a lot of bad memories.

"I'm tired driving. Let's just enjoy the place. I haven't been here for the past 2 years." Sunny lazily laid her back to the couch in front of me as she closed her eyes. She indeed look tired.

"Who else can drive?" I raised my hand with that question. "Good then. Let's go. Tiffany will drive." Sooyoung demanded. Hearing that, the woman in front of me immediately open her eyes. I sensed that she kinda glared at me. I gulp.

"B-But I've never drive in Jeonju." I reasoned out to Sooyoung.

"It's just the same in Seoul."

"How do you know? You've never been in Seoul."

"How do I know? We're in the same country." She rolled her eyes like as if I was stupid to ask that.

"I'm not in a good condition to drive." I said.

"Whatever! For all I know you just wanted to stay and look around this hell of a place because even if you deny it, you know to yourself that you like Taeyeon and you want to get close to her so you wanna know everything that has something to do with her." She accused on a single breathe. I'm totally taken aback.

"That's not it." I shook my head. "I'm curious with her, yes. But I don't think I want the idea of engaging in same sex relationship."

"You don't think so. But you know to yourself that you want it too. Besides, Taeyeon is pretty. We can't deny that she has the face that could turn everyone's neck just to see her. And well, she's wealthy. So I see no reason if you would end up wanting to sleep with her." She shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly.

"Stop it, Sooyoung." I heard Sunny scolded her. Because I think Sunny can see how much I'm offended right now. And offending me is the least thing you wanna do.

"Do you know why Taeyeon decided to distant herself from you? Because she knew how close minded you are." I said in gritted teeth.

"What did you say!?"

"You are close minded, Sooyoung."

"I dare you to say that again."

"You are close minded." I smirked. She launched forward to attack me but Yoona blocked her.

"Unnie, stop. This is getting out of hand! Can't you control yourselves? For goodness sake we're in a public place!" Yoona irritatedly look at us. Wow, I never thought I'll be scolded by a younger person for my behavior.

I just rolled my eyes as I stood up. "Where are you going, Tiffany?" Sunny asked, alarmed that I might leave them.

"Out. I need some air. Just call me when we can finally see the horses." I said without looking at her. With that, I left them.

I walk around until I found a nice and huge tree. I hide on it's shadows to avoid the sunlight. The tree isn't really that far from the lobby. I can still see the girls from here, and I know that they can see me.

I sat on the roots of it and I took a deep breath. This place is magnificent. Now I wonder where did Jessica's family died? This place is huge. I can see from a distance that there are vendors around this place. And a huge fountain is placed in the middle. I'll definitely take a photo of myself with that.

I stared at the dancing water on the fountain. Suddenly, Sooyoung's voice ring in my ear. Is it true? Do I really like Taeyeon in that way? I'm honestly confused. I know I'm curious about her and I like her as a person, a friend. But I have never thought of liking her more than that. Besides, it's too fast to think that. I just moved in here from 2 weeks ago. Been in the apartment for a week. I broke up with my boyfriend from a few days ago. And I don't think I'm ready to accept another relationship just yet.

It's not that there's no suitors or whatsoever. Because I have a few schoolmates that showed their interest in me. And I just ignored them. I don't feel like entertaining someone in that way for now. I guess I grew tired. I've been with different boys before. I've played a lot when I was in Seoul. And maybe what happened between me and Siwon is my sort of karma. Someone had finally had the guts to fool me.

I chuckled on that thought. Why do I look so badly to myself? I mean, is it my fault that I'm beautiful? Come on, Tiffany. You are born this way. It's not your fault if they are going head over heels for you. You're dang hot and gorgeous!

"Something funny?" I jumped on my seat. I turn my head to the direction of that voice and I saw Taeyeon riding a horse! What the heck? What is she doing here!? Oh yes, this is her Ranch.

"What the hell, Taeyeon! You're seriously gonna be the death of me!" I hissed as I held my chest. My heart is beating fast.

"What's on your mind to keep you away from this world? You're grinning widely. You didn't even noticed me." She pouted very cutely! Don't act too cute, Taeyeon. I'm still annoyed by your sudden coldness this morning.

Remembering my irritation towards her, I glared at her. She raised her eyebrows as she raised her hands in the air.

"Why you so mad?" She chuckled.

"Don't talk to me."

"What did I do?" What did you do? You fucking gave me cold shoulders this morning! You didn't cook me breakfast! You were with that Jessica!

But of course, I didn't said those words. I simply ignored her. I turn back my attention to the fountain. I tried to get lost in it again but having Taeyeon's presence is making it hard for me to not acknowledge her instead.

I saw from my peripheral vision that she jumped from the horse. She stood in front of me with the horse's halter in her hand. I look up just to glare at her.

"Uhhh... Scary." She teased as she faked a shiver. I rolled my eyes, trying to stop myself from smiling. Damn it! She's so cute.

"Your friends are coming." She stared at me.

"Huh?" Before I could process what she said, I already heard Sooyoung shouting my name.

"Tiffany!"

I stood up and turn around to see them making their way on my direction.

"Oh Taeyeon. We didn't know you're here." Sunny spoke to the now quiet woman behind me. I took a glance at her just to meet her eyes. She's staring at me this whole time!

She didn't utter a word nor did she turn her eyes away from me. I raised an eyebrow to her.

"Let's go, Tiffany. The horses are ready." I heard Sooyoung speak before I felt a hand on my arm.

"We can just leave you here though." Sunny held my other arm.

"What are you talking about, Sunny? We got here with Tiffany. Are you really saying that we will leave her in this hell of a place with this hell of a person!?" Sooyoung angrily shouted while rudely pointing at Taeyeon. My eyes widened.

"Choi Sooyoung!"

"No! I'm done with you meddling with my anger, Sunny. Can't you see? You're siding a criminal! We don't even know where the hell is Jessica!"

"Stop right this instant, Choi Sooyoung." Sunny warned in gritted teeth.

"You! Where did you hide her? Huh!?" She once again pointed Taeyeon. "And why did you suddenly let Tiffany occupy the other side of that room after 2 years of blocking everyone out? Are you planning to do the same thing you did to Jessica and her family? Fucking answer me!!" She shouted and I swear, even the people from the lobby could hear her.

However, even if she shout and scream at the top of her lungs, Taeyeon never utter a word. She didn't gave her the satisfaction of her answer. I took a glance and I saw that she's just calmly staring at Sooyoung's hand on my arm. No, let me scratch that. She's glaring at Sooyoung's hand.

Realizing that, my eyes widened. I felt uncomfortable so I tried to wiggle my arm from Sooyoung's hand. But unfortunately, instead of letting go, her hand just held my arm tighter.

"Let her go." I heard her say coldly. We all stop what we're doing. Her voice sent chills down my spine. She's scary as hell!

I couldn't even look again to her. I'm afraid she's glaring at me now. I sensed her walk closely to me. I shivered when I felt her hand slide on my arm. But still, Sooyoung held me tight.

"Let her go, Sooyoung." She warned as she glared at the tall lady.

***

Thank you for reading! ❣️🇵🇭

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

19.3K 823 33
A reigning Queen chooses her maiden Taeyeon to be her royal companion. Highest ranking: #2 TaengSic, #4 in Locksmith, #12 taeyeon, #16 tiffany
13.5K 753 37
I will love you and protect you forever until my last breath ❤️ I gonna do everything for you and Our Family ❤️ No matter what happens in future I wi...
111K 2.2K 21
Completed. Beginner's Luck. ☺
2.7K 171 11
Teacher TaeYeon and Tiffany who works at Soshi Kindergarten were secretly admiring each other since they we're both dense. The group of kids in Soshi...