Peace Keeper ➳ Jacob Black ♡...

By st3tl33

Elizabeth, better known as Lizzie, was a Winchester by birth but a Cullen by nature. Growing up as a Winchest... More

Character Cast (Twilight)
1. Meeting The Chief's Daughter And Her Cousin
2. Edward's Stupid Knight In Shining Armor Moment
3. Another Accidental Meeting
4. Ditching School For Jake
5. Unwanted Suspicion As Well As Out Of Town Mishaps
6. Past Trauma And Wolfy Comfort
7. Dean Has Absolutely No Tact
8. This Is A Bad Idea, But Oh Well
9. Since I'm Going To Hell
10. Trying Not To Think Is Hard
11. The Contentedness Of Jacob Black
12. Baseball Really Sucks
13. Family Reunions Suck Worse Than Baseball
14. Red Eyes, Dry Throat, And A Surprise
15. Prom Advice And A Princess Dress
16. Missing Prom To Play Hooky With Jake
17. One Secret Revealed While Another One Kept
Character Cast (New Moon)
18. Back To School
20. Virginia Here We Are
21. Progress Control And Setting A Date
22. Heartbreak Freaking Sucks
23. Forks Fixes All Problems
24. La Tua Cantante Is Complicated
25. Imprinting Is No Better
26. A Reminder To Never Vacation In Italy
27. Knowing Where Home Is
Character Cast (Eclipse)
28. Officially Meeting The Family
29. Wolf's Out Of The Bag Now
30. Bella's Back Is A Target
31. A Bonfire Filled With Issues
32. Acceptance And A Newborn Army Mess
33. Graduation Party With A Vision
34. Dean's Gift Is A Little Life-Threatening
35. Future Plans With Present Changes
36. Carlisle's Panic Is Real
37. The Day Before The Newborn Army
38. Jacob Becomes A Personal Heater
39. Dean's Fire Lessons Paid Off
40. An Unwanted Parental Presence

19. Accidental Loss Of Control

1.3K 59 0
By st3tl33

Bella came downstairs in the dress Alice picked out for her. She didn't want a party or really any sort of celebration but everyone knew Alice wouldn't let it go and finally just gave up to appease the raven-haired pixie.

Lizzie went to hug her cousin when a flash went off behind them. It was a bright light and instantly, she took Bella's hand in hers. She twirled the Swan girl around to face the camera in Alice's hands. She settled Bella's hand on her hip and copied the same pose with a smile.

"I found it in your bag. I hope you don't mind."

When it was over and they were finally at the bottom of the staircase, Bella sighed in relief looking completely flustered and awkward. Carlisle took her hands in his with an apology and Esme hugged her with a smile.

"Sorry about all of this. We tried to rein Alice in."

"As if that were even possible. Happy Birthday, Bella."

"Thanks."

"Dating an older woman?" Emmett grinned at Edward. "Hot." Edward shook his head in disbelief and Lizzie nudged her bear of a brother in the ribs with a light scowl. "What?"

"Happy birthday, Bells," Dean congratulated and kissed the top of Bella's forehead before taking a quick step back as if not to push his self-control.

"Thanks."

"Okay, you first, Rosalie," Alice instructed her sister, who very reluctantly held a small box out to Bella.

"It's a necklace. Alice picked it out."

Esme and Carlisle were next, then Jasper, and then Lizzie, who got Bella two plane tickets for a first-class trip back home whenever she wanted it. Alice pulled Edward forward and placed him and Bella into a couple pose before snapping yet another picture.

"This one's from Emmett," Lizzie said as she handed Bella the empty box, she shook it before looking over at Emmett expectantly.

"Already installed it in your truck," he proudly grinned. "Finally a decent sound system for that piece of... "

"Hey!" she cut him off. "Don't hate the truck."

He chuckled and Lizzie laughed. "Yeah, Em, she's super protective over it. Almost like a Mama bear."

Alice bounced up to Bella again with another box in hand, this one a much smaller one than Emmett's.

"A decent playlist to go with your new stereo," Dean informed. "Rock n' roll classics, nothing but classics, Bells."

"Thanks, Dean." She smiled at him before going to open the wrapping, she struggled with it and suddenly hissed in pain. "Ow, papercut."

Lizzie watched as a drop of blood fell from Bella's fingertip onto the white carpet at her feet. She could hear the soft splash of it and smell the metallic taste as if it were on her tongue. Instantly, she was at Jasper's side holding his hand and calming him down. He tensed incredibly but didn't move, he never did when Lizzie was close enough to help him.

But she was so focused on Jasper out of force of habit that she completely forgot about Dean and him being a newborn. He lunged at Bella, completely out of control. He wasn't thinking, hell, he wasn't even Dean at that moment, he was a blood-seeking predator. Jasper disappeared, vamp speeding out of the house as everyone else went to grab Dean, he was helping them by not helping the newborn rip Bella apart.

"Dean!" Lizzie shouted as Edward knocked Bella out of the way and Emmett and Carlisle gripped his shoulders. He went to push them off and leap forward, but quickly Lizzie appeared in front of him, her hands going to his face. "Shhhh! Shhhh! Dean, it's okay, it's okay," he calmed almost instantly from her touch, he was still overwhelmed with hunger but he now had enough self-control not to want to eat his own cousin.

Everyone's gaze snapped from Dean and Lizzie to Bella. She was lying on the floor covered in blood. Her arm was cut open from where Edward had accidentally flung her into the wall making glass shards from a vase embed themselves into her skin.

"Elizabeth, can you clean this up while I tend to Bella?" Carlisle asked.

"Of course, Dad." Having never tasted human blood in her life, she had the same extreme self-control as her father did.

                                                               ✦✦✦

"We have to leave," Edward announced as soon as he was back from dropping Bella off at home.

"What?!" Lizzie spun around on the spot her eyes wide.

"Edward's right," Rosalie agreed. "After tonight, it's clear Bella isn't helping this family."

"It was one accident, Rose. He's a newborn, come on."

Dean wasn't there at the moment, having left for the woods after the accident, and still, he wasn't back yet. Everyone knew he felt guilty, most of all Jasper, who could actually feel just how much.

"Maybe we should think about this first and talk it through," Esme offered from her spot on the piano seat.

"We need to leave," Edward stressed.

"No!" Lizzie refused. "We can't just up and leave because of a small accident with Bella."

"It was more than a small accident and you know that. Besides, Carlisle is supposed to be ten years older than he looks. People are starting to notice, Zee."

"That's complete crap, Edward. No one's noticing anything about any of us, least of all, Dad. It's about you and Bells and that's not fair on the rest of us." She raked her hands through her hair in frustration.

No one except Jasper and her parents knew why it was so important for Lizzie to stay, but before her mind could dwell on it she blocked Edward out of her thoughts. Jasper stood from the couch and appeared by her side, his hand taking hers as he sent her a wave of calm and instantly Lizzie's shoulders slumped in defeat.

"We do this all the time, Lizzie. I know it still gets to you, but it was bound to happen sooner or later it always does. Does it matter if it's now?" Edward asked.

"Yes, I have people here too, Edward, not just you. What am I supposed to do about them? About Sammy?"

Rosalie frowned in sympathy as she walked over to her sister and hugged her. "He'll be out of school soon enough and then he'll come and stay with us permanently, by then, Dean will be under control. Aww, babe, and for the record, this is why I never wanted you to get attached to the humans at our school. I know it's hard to leave the friends you've made behind but it does get easier as time goes on. It'll be okay."

But Lizzie didn't care about the people at school. She only cared about her little brother, her cousin, Jacob, Leah and Seth, and even Sam Uley. She didn't want to leave them behind, she wanted to stay, she wanted to stay with them.

                                                               ✦✦✦

"So, that's it they're just packing up and leaving like that?" Jacob asked.

Lizzie was in the Clearwater's basement, sitting curled up on Jacob's lap with her ear to his heart. She was calm like this, despite the anger she still held for Edward.

"Pretty much," she sighed.

"That's such crap," Leah said entering the basement. She gave Jake and Lizzie their drinks before sitting down opposite them on the couch.

"My words exactly, but I don't have a choice in the matter since we're moving whether I like it or not."

"Not even a little choice?"

"No offense, Lizzie, but your family kind of sucks."

"None taken Seth," she gently smiled at him. "My mom doesn't want to go and Jasper's also on my side, but everyone else... "

Jacob kissed her shoulder in comfort. "What does this mean for us?" he whispered and Lizzie could see the fear in his brown eyes for the answer. She turned so her forehead was against his.

"I don't want it to mean anything. As soon as we settle down, I want to come and visit you. We can make it work, Jake."

"Of course we can," he nodded and kissed her.

"Where are you moving to anyway?" Leah asked once Lizzie and Jacob's little moment was over with.

"No idea. I don't even think my parents know the answer to that question."

"Looks like they've got this all planned out," Seth commented.

"Tell me about it."

                                                               ✦✦✦

After having spent the entire afternoon comforting Sammy about the move, Lizzie was now at the Cullen's border talking to Sam Uley, who wasn't any happier than the rest.

"You're leaving?"

"Yeah."

"Why?"

"There was an accident with Bella and Dean. Bella's fine, but Edward's making us move because of it," Lizzie explained. "I'm taking Dean to see some family friends to get him under control."

"Why can't Edward take him if he's so set on leaving?" Sam questioned.

Lizzie sighed with a weak smile. "He thinks what he's doing is protecting Bella. Honestly, he's just scared, she's his bloodsinger. Mates and bloodsingers they're... complicated."

"Tell me about it. I imprinted."

"Aww, Sam! That's great, who is she? It's not Leah is it because I'm sure she won't take that the right way."

Sam shook his head. "It's not Leah, which makes it just that much harder. It's Emily Young, Leah's cousin."

"Oh, Emily, she's a great cook. But Leah will most definitely take your relationship badly though," Lizzie warned him.

"Yeah, she already has, trust me. How do you know Emily?"

"Not personally, I've heard about her and her cooking and baking is to die for," Lizzie gushed, making Sam smile. "She'll be the perfect Luna for your pack."

"I think so too."

Lizzie was happy for Sam, bouncing on her feet in excitement. "I really wanna hug you now."

"You can, I mean you are leaving after all," he reasoned as he gestured to her. "Can I... "

"Oh," Lizzie said before nodding. "Everyone's busy packing, so they won't know."

Sam nodded, he took a running start before jumping territories and landing beside Lizzie. She grinned at him, not even giving him a proper second to stand up before she was hugging him.

"I'm so happy for you."

"Thanks, Lizzie. I just wish this wasn't goodbye," he told her. "Who am I going to talk to at the border, ask advice from? This really isn't fair."

"I know, but that's what cellphones were invented for," she lightly joked, managing to get a small laugh from Sam. "Anyway, I doubt it'll be a permanent move. I don't think Edward can live without Bella, he's just being an idiot a very stubborn idiot."

"No arguments here."

"Hey, Sam. Can I ask you for a favor while I'm gone?"

"Name it."

"Keep an eye on Bella and Sammy for me and look out for Jacob."

"Of course," Sam promised. "But how do you know Jacob Black?"

The question should have been easy to answer, but it wasn't. Lizzie knew she could trust Sam, but even so, she didn't want to put him in that position in case anyone found out that wasn't supposed to, like the elders.

"Can you just trust me with this one, please, no explanation."

"I haven't stopped trusting you."

The two smiled, laughed, and talked some more before it was time to go, and Carlisle came looking for Lizzie. But by this time, Sam was back on his own territory just to be safe.

"Elizabeth, it's time."

Lizzie glanced behind her, her smile dropping to a frown and it all but broke Carlisle's heart to see. She pursed her lips together and nodded.

"Coming Dad." She looked back at Sam one more time and the two waved. "Bye Sam."

"Bye Lizzie," he smiled gently, then nodded at Carlisle who did the same out of respect. She followed after her dad, disappearing from sight faster than the eye could catch.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 76 11
Being the new people in town was never easy, especially in a small town like Forks, a fact that Eleanor Beckett was well aware of. So when her son ca...
1.4M 31.7K 52
What happens when a lost little girl wanders through a forest, getting chased by a sadistic vampire who killed her family just minutes before? She so...
4.2K 159 46
Athena never wanted to leave forks, it was her home. But her mother didn't give her much choice. When she gets the option to come back she takes it...
71.9K 1.3K 30
I always hated the part in Twilight where the wolves imprint on children so I decided to write an alternate version where that just doesn't happen. I...