A Ghouls Cry | Kaneki Ken

By Yoon-ki-Min

All it took was one day for Hizake Rima's life to take a turn for the worst. Being a human in a world filled... More

ATTENTION
|Chapter 1|
|Chapter 2|
|Chapter 3|
|Chapter 4|
|Chapter 5|
|Chapter 6|
|Chapter 7|
|Chapter 8|
|Chapter 9|
|Chapter 10|
|Chapter 11|
|Chapter 12|
|Chapter 13|
|Chapter 14|
|Chapter 15|
|Chapter 16|
|Chapter 17|
Please Read!!!!!!
|Chapter 18|
|Chapter 19|
|Chapter 20|
|Chapter 21|
|Chapter 22|
|Chapter 23|
|Chapter 24|
|Chapter 25|
|Chapter 26|
|Chapter 27|
|Chapter 28|
|Chapter 29|
|Chapter 30|
|Chapter 31|
|Chapter 32|
|Chapter 33|
|Chapter 34|
|Chapter 35|
|Chapter 36|
|Chapter 37|
|Chapter 38|
|Chapter 39|
|Chapter 40|
|Chapter 41|
|Chapter 42|
|Chapter 43|
|Chapter 44|
|Chapter 45|
|Chapter 46|
|Chapter 47|
|Chapter 48|
|Chapter 50|
|Chapter 51|
Sequel!!!

|Chapter 49|

2.4K 136 20
By Yoon-ki-Min

   "Took you... long enough..."She muttered.

   "Sorry. I had a hard time getting past the dove with the spine weapon... I hope I didn't come to late..."

   Rabbit laughed shortly,"No... not that late.."She replied, putting as much power as she could to regenerate and to her kagune.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   Sasaki looked around the crumbled mess of broken walls and bent up machinery that was strewn across the top floor, and through all that mess he couldn't see Rima or Black Rabbit... and that worried him.

   "Rima!"Sasaki called out, cautiously stepping around the rubble. He needed to find Rima fast. Sasaki jumped slightly at the sound of another loud boom, and ducked to avoid flying chunks of concrete.

   "Ughah!"

   Sasaki tensed. That was Rima's voice! Sasaki started running towards were he heard her voice, and where the debris come from. His heart started race. That scream sounded like she was in pain.

   "Rima! Rima where are you!?"Sasaki yelled. His tone was starting to become more frantic.

   As he jumped over a tall group of rumble, Sasaki stumbled over some concrete and almost fell to his knees, his eyes widening into saucers.

   He saw Rima laying brokenly over a pile of jagged concrete chunks and sharp metal, her whip like kagune twitching slowly around her. Sasaki's heart skipped a few beats as he saw the blood that covered her head, and all the blood that covered her pale blue shirt, and black skirt. The same outfit she was wearing when she left.

   Sasaki's eyes shifted over to Black Rabbit, who stood a few yards away from Rima, breathing heavily, his sharp wing like kagune moving along with his hard breath. Sasaki could spot a chunk off his arm was missing, but it was slowly regenerating.

   "H-Haise-kun..."

   Hearing Rima's soft voice call out to him, Sasaki looked back over to her, seeing that she had turned her head towards him.

   "Haise-kun... You need to leave..."

   Sasaki froze at her words. Leave? He would never do that. Taking one last glance at Black Rabbit, Sasaki made his way over to Rima, crawling up on the rubble, his hands dropping his sword to grab Rima and hold her body to his.

   Sasaki felt whole again as he held Rima against his chest, knowing that she was at least still alive made his heart feel with joy. Sasaki use one hand to hold Rima's head against his neck as his other hand wrapped around her waist to pull her closer. He stuffed his nose into her hair, breathing in the oh so familiar smell he fell in love with.

   Rima pulled a weak hand up to hold against Sasaki's chest,"What are you doing... I told... you... to leave..."Rima mumbled.

   Sasaki shook his head,"I would never leave you..."He breathed into her hair. He heard Rima sigh sadly.

   "I-I'm sorry... I... Just w-wanted... to protect.. y-you..."Rima apologised and Sasaki shook his head again.

   "Don't be sorry. You have nothing to be sorry about."Sasaki stated, pulling back to look at Rima. He smiled lightly as a few tears started to flow from her eyes.

   "But still-"

   "Why don't you both just shut it already."

   And without warning, Sasaki received a blow to his back, making him fly over into a piece of machinery, Rima falling from his arms halfway.

   "Geez. You two have always been too lovely doves huh?"Black Rabbit growled.

   Sasaki looked at him confused. Rima stayed quiet but her head started to reel. Images started to fly around in her head as her vision start to blur. She could feel herself wanting to pass out soon. Sasaki stood to his feet, wincing in pain as he took small steps toward Rima.

   "What are you talking about?"Sasaki asked.

   Black Rabbit sighed,"So you both don't remember, how pathetic."He growled,"You both tried to hold out for so long, but you both gave up. How weak!"

   Rima gasped lightly.

   "You'll stay in here until we come get you. Don't try to kill anyone.."

   Rima was thrown to the floor and the big metal door clicked shut behind her, letting her know that she was locked in until they came back. Rima curled up into a ball, wrapping her arms around her legs as she rocked back and forth.

   Her head was killing her. She wanted the pain to be gone. Black dots started to fill her vision one speck at a time.

   "Hey are you okay?"

   Flinching and freezing, Rima slowly lifted her head meeting a pair of grey eyes, that looked at her worridly.

   "H-huh?"

   The grey eyed boy moved closer,"I asked if you were okay? Why are you crying?"He asked.

   Rima sniffed lightly, trying to stop her crying,"I just want to d-die..."

   The boys eyes widened,"What! Why would you want that!?"

   Rima rubbed her arms and averted her eyes,"I have nothing left anymore... and even if I do, they wouldn't want me back.. not anymore.."Rima mumbled.

  She was suddenly shocked when she felt arms wrapped around her,"Don't say that! Everyone has someone!"

   "I don't..."

   The boy held Rima's chin gently, making her look into his eyes,"You have me..."

   From outside the cell, the two ghouls wondered who she was talking to alone inside the cell.

   Sasaki froze as he saw a similar vision. He knew Rima before! But where we're they? And why did Rima want to die?

   Black Rabbit laughed,"So now you remember... You guys are slow.."

   "Haise-kun..."Rima mumbled, trying to get to her hands and knees, but everything was shaking.

   Sasaki made his way to Rima an helped her up by her arm,"Shh... everything okay..."

   "But you.. and I-I..."

   "I know.. I saw too..."Sasaki interrupted. He had a million questions to ask her, but he needed to keep her calm, and awake. The injury on her head was worrying him.

   "Stupid brat... I guess he wouldn't mind if she had a few scratches and bruises, but your a hindrance so why don't we just take you... out!"Black Rabbit yelled, jumping forward and shooting his kagune shards at the two injured half ghouls.

   Sasaki jumped away with Rima while Rima's kagune struggled to deflect the extra shard that flew towards them. Rima winced when a stray shard bounced off her kagune and sliced her cheek. Sasaki landed on a piece of metal and tripped when it broke in half, him slipping down while Rima fell to the side.

   Black Rabbit walked past Rima and walked toward the fallen Sasaki. He was tired of this game, and seeing as he had Rima, he could end Sasaki and leave.

   Sasaki groaned and tried to sit up, but a heavy boot stepped on the middle of his chest pushing him into the jagged rocks. Looking up, Sasaki locked eyes with black Rabbit.

   "W-why do you want Rima? She is nothing to you guys.."Sasaki asked, breathing heavy from the foot planted firmly on his chest.

   "I don't have much use for her but he does... and she is my payback for that white haired bastard..."Black Rabbit explained.

   Sasaki eyes widened,"Who?"

   Black Rabbit tensed but started laughing,"Oh that's right... You don't know about Rima's past do you?... You don't know about her first love? What a poor love sick puppy.."

   Sasaki furrowed his eyebrows. Rima's first love? Somehow that made his heart clench in pain. But it was only natural for Rima to have loved someone before. She was old enough and pretty enough to have a boyfriend.

   Black Rabbit crouched down close to Sasaki,"Let's have a story time.."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 3.4K 24
A young girl named (y/n) lived in a world belonging to two. Ghouls and humans. Though she was taught to fear and hate ghouls, she just couldn't. Some...
264K 6.9K 25
⚠️1ST BOOK OF THE TOKYO GHOUL SERIES⚠️ ➖➖ ●C O M P L E T E D● Time had seem to...
1.6K 45 27
You had been held as a test subject since birth, never knowing happiness or a better life you finally escape in hopes of finding that. However you s...