The Traveller

Door Firehedgehog

The Multiverse died. It shook. It wailed. Everything died lost to the endless void. Two survived changed, now... Meer

Prologue: We Watched it Die
Chapter One: White Error's
Chapter Two: Meetings and Libraries
Chapter Three: Dream a Potter
Chapter Four: Here be Dragons
Chapter Five: Fated
Chapter Six: In The Dark
Interlude: Its the end as you know it
Chapter Seven: Cycle of a curse
Chapter Eight: Blotchless
Chapter Nine: You are Error... no not you
Chapter Ten: Blotchless Return
Chapter Eleven: Eat me Break me Take My soul
Chapter Twelve: Who would care
Chapter Thirteen: Return of Dragons
Chapter Fourteen: Bug
Chapter Fifteen: Finality
Chapter Sixteen: A matter of falling Part One
Chapter Sixteen: A matter of falling Part Two
Chapter Seventeen: A Child among Monsters
Chapter Eighteen: Bittersweet
Chapter Nineteen: Mangled Dustberry
Chapter Twenty: A Fox In Strings Part 1
Chapter Twenty: A Fox In Strings Part 2
Chapter twenty-One: Those that Return
Chapter twenty-two: Trollish Visits
Chapter Twenty-Three: Return to Eat me Break me Take My soul
Chapter Twenty-Five: The End's Destroyer
Interlude: Fragments
Chapter Twenty-Six: A Puppet the Mask hides
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Insurgence
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Oh little Dragon child
Interlude: Multiverse Forgotten
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Keep Doctor's away
Chapter Thirty: Memoir
Chapter Thirty-One: A bit of help
Chapter Thirty-Two: More then One type of Traveller
Chapter Thirty-Three: Awakening
Chapter Thirty-Four: Up to Karma
Interlude: Maybe time for a break...
Chapter Thirty-Five: Karma
Interlude: More Fragments
Chapter Thirty-Six: Stories Lost
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Lets never ever talk about this EVER!
What if: Lets never ever talk about this EVER!
Chapter Thirty-eight: A Soul Indeed
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Breath of Choice
Chapter Forty: Titan
Interlude: Storm
Chapter Forty-One: to Heal
Chapter Forty-two: Memories of Yesterday Part One
Chapter Forty-Two: Memories of Yesterday Part Two
Interlude: Spite
Chapter Forty-Three: Scenic Banter
Chapter Forty-Four: Purrr
Chapter Forty Five: Not Done Playing part one
Chapter Forty Five: Not Done Playing Part Two
Chapter Forty Five: Not Done Playing Part Three

Chapter Twenty-Four: Traveller's fall

657 58 11
Door Firehedgehog

When I asked KattraKnit to let me have the Traveller Visit and for them to co-write, I didn't expect this wonderful piece. Its more like a novel itself, so make sure to thank them for allowing us to play in her wonderful multiverse.

The Traveller was feeling quiet happy, he'd made a new friend. Radiant was adorable, and just like himself was immortal and an eternal child. It got... lonely being like he was, sure Goth had Palette and Palette had Goth but they shared a body... there was something special of having others to speak to.

He wondered if he could find a certain Au again, he remembered an Au where the Error made life size puppets instead of tiny ones as the norm.

He was partial to rare chocolates in trade, he wanted to see Moonlights reaction to a puppet of himself.

He had a few verses to explore first, a few of then had near magic that he hoped he would fit him.

(When was the last time we found one so near our own?) Palette asked curious

((A thousand years maybe)) Goth replied softly.

Then he was slammed.

What!!

But that should be impossible, he'd been phased out of existence.

Then he was falling.

Then... nothing.

-----

-Balance Castle Orchards-

Fresh 404 held out his hand catching a drifting plum blossom as it fell, and holding the delicate pink flower up to show Dusty and Larkspur. "What do you think of a family picnic out here?"

Dusty takes the flower and gives it to Larkspur who blushes. "I think that would be fun but the babies are toddling. Maybe a large playpen to keep them from wandering off?"

If anyone saw it, they would have described it as if a rainbow was falling.

That the air surged with magic, almost like a supernova.

The ground shook from whatever fell.

Then all went quiet.

Under the afternoon shadows, a flower opened, each petal glowing a beautiful rainbow. Before wilting in seconds, without a chance to spread seeds as if Reaper himself had trod on it.

The crater glowed rainbow for a bit, then faded leaving an injured unconscious figure behind.

A whimper... barely a whisper was heard.

Fresh 404 turned in the direction of the impact, frowning few had access to the pocket AU he called home and all of them were family. He could feel the codes calling for help. "Hold tight, we may be moving fast."

There was another brief surge of magic, more erratic and weaker. A new flower bloomed but this time didn't die.

Walking at a brisk pace towards the impact Fresh 404 put on a burst of speed at the weakening magic. All things being relative it was still powerful magic but it was getting weaker. Reaching the edge of the crater and seeing a long golden-brown coat with a large hood over a small skeleton child, they wore black faded fingerless gloves. Their feet were shod of boots the same gold-brown at the oversized coat. Around their neck was a long blue scarf, and pinned to it was a very noticeable Gaster Blaster pin. He takes out his phone and calls Lady Vita. "Hello auntie Vita, can you meet us in the clinic we just found someone injured. Thank you so much."

"Be careful, I don't think you should trust glowing ground." Larkspur clutches his flower with one hand and the fluff of Fresh 404's coat collar with the other.

"Good point, do you two want a safety harness before we descend?" Fresh 404 ran his eyelight over the ground. He did not navigate some of the most heavily trapped AUs without being injured by being careless.

Dusty climbs up on top of Fresh 404's fluffy collar and helps Larkspur over it so he is between it and his hood. Then slides down next to him. "Ya kid best do that so you can concentrate on what is going on."

Soft flexible protective rainbow webbing formed around them even as much firmer webbing formed an inch above the ground allowing Fresh 404 to descend into the crater without setting foot the suspiciously glowing ground.

The air rattled and surged with magic, a nearby plum tree was hit making the plums, and its leaves became beautiful rainbow shades. The small child whimpered, before their form went totally still a suspicious liquid slipping down from inside the hooded area hiding most of their face.

Sighing, Fresh 404 kneed on his web and examined the small figure between gently brushing back the hood to check that the spinal column would not take damage if he lifted them.

The hood revealed a young face, it was hard to tell their age it could be five to ten. It was just one of those ageless faces. Fine cracks and slightly rougher ones covered the left side of the skull like a spiderweb, where they'd definitely had an impact as they fell. This was where the marrow oozed from, more cracks could be seen elsewhere on there skull but not as serious but did go down there neck.

Frowning Fresh 404 carefully wove a tight cocoon immobilizing their head, neck, and shoulders before carefully lifting them in his arms and teleporting directly to the clinic arriving just as Vita hurried in.

Vita gasps seeing a child in their arms, "oh my what happened dear?"

"We are not sure auntie, we were in the orchard enjoying the spring air and considering a picnic when we heard something and felt an influx of powerful uncontrolled magic we followed it and found them in the middle of an impact crater." He gently lays them down on one of the beds.

Vita waves him away from the bed so she has room to move and starts her examination, running her magic through their system to find the damage. "Please take off the cocoon."

Fresh 404 who had taken out his phone just glanced up and the cocoon puffed into rainbow mist. "We are texting Milly and our uncles, is there anything we should add?"

"That they appear to be a child, of about ten and have extensive head trauma. You know how protective and suspicious your uncles are other than Dream." Vita hums softly to herself as she starts to heal the cracks and breaks starting at the neck and working her way up.

Fresh 404 hums while typing, "we have noted creation magic, positivity aura, and death magic. So far, it might not be wise to let anyone but you, me or my uncles treat them."

The child whimpered as they were healed, but remained unconscious. Thankfully, there were no more spikes of uncontrolled magic.

Nevermind, the nearby wall's wallpaper was now a sunset image.

Chuckling Fresh 404 puts away his phone. "Having them around is going to make things colorful isn't it."

Vita sighs, gently sealing the worse cracks. "Please arrange a snack for them."

"Okay." He takes out his phone. "Fruit, and quick bread? Uncle Dream and we would prefer?"

"If you are sensing positivity magic then yes other types don't have a problem with your diet the reverse is not true." Vita moves on to the smaller cracks.

After a quick text he pockets his phone and moves to the other side of the bed. "I think they might be family."

Vita snorts softly, "you are so your mothers child but you are right their magic feels like it has some DreamTale in it."

Suddenly the child coughed and gagged, eye sockets swung open revealing a purple eye light and the other one that seemed to shift between colors.

"Hurts...." he rasped, wincing, it was too bright in the room and he couldn't seem to focus.

Static stalked in just as he woke up. After a long assessing look Static adjusted the light level. Before glancing at Fresh 404, 'are you keeping them too?'

"We don't know uncle Static. We would have to find out if they want to stay. You know we rarely interfere with free will." Fresh 404 forms a hammock chair of rainbow strings and sets down much as he had the day Static and Bane arrived.

"Pretty..." the child rasped quietly, blinking rather blank eyes at the hammock. A bit too blankly, he blinked. He felt.. Empty..Without waiting he sat up, and gave a cry clutching his skull in pain.

Fresh 404 jumped up without thinking and gathered them in his arms. "Shh little bru don't move so fast. You have got some unrad head injuries there."

He blinked up at the older skeleton, his gaze still empty as before, a hand reached up and touched the marking on Fresh 404's face.

Fresh chuckles and nuzzles the little hands like he does with the babies when they poke at his markings. "Pretty cool huh little dude?"

Static watched, then took out his phone, snapped a picture and posted it to the family group chat.

"Little... dude?" he asked, confused, tilting his head and frowning.

"Well we don't exactly know your name yet and you are little." Chuckling he sets back down in his hammock chair, settling the kid on his lap and letting the chair sway soothingly. "Care to fill us in on all that?"

A feeling of dread filled his bones, his frown growing as he searched his mind for a name. His mind felt tangled and bruised, as if it wa stryingt o tell him.. Two names? But he couldn't grab either of them.

"Ah.. um... " he said feeling embarrassed, part of his mind swore. "You sure none of you know my name?" he asked hopefully.

"Found you in an impact crater in our orchard you look a little like a few folks we are related to and your magic screams family but we have never met you before. We are Fresh 404 by the way. The Toriel that healed ya up is our auntie Vita, goddess of life from ReaperTale we mutually adopted each other. Over by the door is our uncle Static, he is the god of destruction for this multiverse. Who have more uncles and cousins around. We pretty much adopt anyone we want or who might be remotely related in any way." Fresh 404 smiles amused by himself and not the least bit shy about their greedy nature when it came to acquiring family.

"Family... I think.. I had one a long time ago, I'm sorry.. I don't think I have a name to give you," the child replied, they then realized there should be something pinned to their scarf. They didn't know what, they couldn't remember only that it was very important. Panicked they started to look around wildly, and felt relief when they spotted the Gaster Blaster pin on the bed he'd woken up on.

Fresh 404 gently pats their back giving a thoughtful hum. "We don't think you are from this multiverse, some of the magic you got is creation and our Inky isn't old enough to have a kid. Mind if we call you Arco-Iris it means rainbow you kind of turned one of our plum trees and some ground rainbow colors and grew some rainbow flowers."

"Arco-Iris... I guess it will work for now," he said a bit unhappily, as he would have rathered his own name. He repeated the name under his breath, mentally shortening it to Arco.

"We know you would rather have your own name and we will try to help you find it." Fresh 404 glances at the door as a maid carries in a tray with coco, fresh fruit, and chocolate. "Aww thank you Tilly."

Arco looked in rapt interest at the chocolate, looking more than ready to jump across the room to get it. He hadn't realized he was starving till that moment, and the chocolate he swore was giving him 'eat me' calls.

Static chuckles watching he wasn't sure how he felt about having a child creator in the family before but anyone who looked at chocolate like that he could get along with.

Fresh 404 stood and gently set Arco-Iris on the bed before moving the tray table over so Tilly could set the tray down. "So Tilly, how is your brother doing as a carpenter's apprentice?"

Arco carefully picked up his pin, placing it back on his scarf where it belonged. He looked wide eyed as the female monster placed the food down, the smell of food made him really hope it was for him.

Tilly smiled brightly. "He loves it and is getting better every day. They let him start practicing on simple stuff this week. Just plain sturdy furniture but they aren't making him practice on scraps that are of no use for anything else anymore." Tilly nudges the tray closer. "Best drink your coco while it is warm. It will help you heal."

"Thank you," Arco said, beaming a smile, and grabbed the coco and took a deep sip. Oh.. this was good coco, he was almost done with the coco when a jolt of pain hit and he bit down. Hmm, he had no idea you could eat cups so continued to chew it with a shrug.

Fresh 404 gave a soft snort when the kid ate the cup but all the skeletons in the castle except the babies had tried it at least once since Hatchet told them about being able to eat anything with enough magic. "We are glad to hear your brother is doing so well. We know your whole family was worried when he had to give up farming after his injury."

Tilly smiles and bows, "it is good of you to remember M'lord. Is there anything else you need?"

Fresh 404 knowing when someone doesn't want to talk about just smiles and shakes his head. "No you can go and thank you for the quick service." Once she walks out he turns to face Arco-Iris. "Do you mind if we call in a few with similar magic to yourself they may have heard of someone like you even if you are not from our multiverse. Or if you are related to their counterparts they might jog your memory."

Arco who had finished his meal, minus the plate nibbled on his chocolate which was the darker type so had bitter undertones. He was mentally exhausted, but he could rest later once he had a clearer idea of his situation. Yet he felt a bit shy for some reason, nervously he pulled his hood down so it covered his head. "Alright."

"Most will not be available until just before dinner time. Would you like to nap on our couch and recover a bit. We know what it is like to have the multiverse throughen at you all at once. You don't have to deal with more of it than you want to okay." Fresh 404 holds out a hand offering a smile. "Not in my multiverse little dude."

"anD hE cAN puLl iT oFf hE isN't jOkiNg aBoUt iT beIng HiS mUltivErse." Static grins and walks out he had kids and a fiancé to get back to.

"A nap sounds wonderful," Arco responded, maybe if he napped he'd feel less empty and blank. Where was Shell when you needed him, he'd snap his fingers and fix him in seconds. Wait.. Shell, who was funking Shell? He took the other's hand, and yawned.

Vita nodded, "I think that is an excellent idea Fresh 404. Healing after all uses both the healers and the patients magic that is why it is such slow going for HorrorTale monsters when healing."

Fresh 404 nods scooping Arco-Iris up and teleporting to his suite. "We know Milly will probably have a suite ready for you soon but that is for later." He checks for bitties before setting him down on the overstuffed couch and gathering throw pillows and a blanket for him. "If you don't have control of your death magic we can tell the bitties not to snuggle up to you. If you can control it well, if you want company is up to you."

"It will be fine, that magic won't hurt them," Arco said... No not Arco, for a moment someone else looked up at him with much older eyes. Then faded, Arco clutched his forehead, his head hurting not realizing he'd lost a few minutes.

Fresh 404 just nodded he was used to the idea of two being coexisting in a body after all he was such a pair of beings. "Good to know bru good to know. Why don't you lay down looks like you still got an unrad skull ache."

"Huh?" Arco said, confused at the first part, but was more than ready to lay down. Which he did, within moments, he was asleep.

Fresh 404 gently tucked him in frowning slightly. "Don't you worry little bru your going to be okay we will make sure of it."

There was a sound, almost like the rustling of feathers.. like wings that faded quickly.

Fresh 404 set down on the floor watching him sleep and called his strings to his hands, specifically the green ones. He might not be able to heal people like he did AU but Static had taught him a trick or two in the last couple of years. It only took him about five minutes to make a headband woven of almost pure green magic and slip it on Arco-Iris's head. "There we go might not be able to heal you but we can give you the magic for your body to work with."

Arcos' eyes opened to mere slits, both eyes gleamed with power then faded. Unable to stay aware much longer they began to close "Sorry... to hurt to stay... as we should.. Be." then they were gone again.

"It's okay, take all the time you need." Fresh 404 takes some paperwork out of his inventory and works on it at the coffee table leaving the little dude to sleep after sending a quick text to Dream and Geno. The one to Geno told him to bribe Reaper with a bag of his favorite coffee because they had some things to sort out.

Larkspur eventually tugs on the webbing, "why don't you let us down I don't think we are going anywhere for a while."

"Oh sorry Larkspur you guys were so quiet." Fresh 404 poofed the web and held up a hand for them to climb on. Once they were secure he lifted them down to the coffee table.

Dusty shrugs as they, "the kid needed your full attention. We were safe and comfortable. We could wait."

"Thank you, we appreciate how you guys always do that. You are important too, so remember to speak up when you need to." Fresh 404 smiles at them before they get to work on paperwork with Dusty and Larkspur helping in sort.

-----

"Now... this is an issue," Palette said, looking at the mental avatar of the Traveller, which was faded and greyed.

"There must have been more damage than the fall, whatever attacked us must hit us with something otherwise our body would have just of had bruises," Goth said unhappily, he walked around the avatar body in their mindscape.

"This is extremely weird Gothy, I didn't think it was possible for us to create another personality. Actually amnesia shouldn't be possible for us, but Arco is definitely us," Palette said with a sigh.

"If we can heal our mind enough we should go back to normal, Arco once again becoming a part of our subconscious. But... I kind of like being Arco, he's very innocent... but.." he said trailing off.

"He doesn't really exist, no matter how much we'd like him to stay," Palette completed "By the way, did you finish locking down your magic to keep it under control?"

"Yes, my Death god magic is too dangerous to let it spike out of control, and yourself? Goth asked, Palette made a face.

"Mostly, Creative magic is not easy to hold back," he pouted.

"At least no more spikes of twisting reality by accident," Goth sniggered. "And maybe you can get through this time, I managed to access the outside twice if only briefly."

"Fresh 404 looks like a fun guy, we're in good hands," Palette beamed.

Problem was, while they could back the magic surges, finally they couldn't shield themselves from the magic of this Multiverse which was definitely not good for them and Arco wouldn't know how to shield himself from it like them.

-----

Fresh 404 starts to softly sing Nightmare's lullaby wondering briefly where he learned it but not really caring about that so much as the soothing quality. It didn't take long to finish the paperwork with Dusty and Larkspur helping. Once done he looks at Arco-Iris thoughtfully before checking his codes as gently as possible. Normally he wouldn't worry about someone feeling him checking their codes but they had creation magic.

ACCESS DENIED

Fresh 404 blinks then nods, "so we are not going to be finding answers that easily? That is okay little bru, we can wait." Fresh 404 closes the code panel taking a rubiks cube out of his pocket and absently fiddling with it.

TRAVELLER PROTOCOLS IN EFFECT
SHIELD IS OFF

Fresh 404 frowns when that notification popped, "so your name is Traveller little bru? We don't like the sound of your shield being off. Not when we don't have access if something goes wrong. Best get uncle Bane to start teaching ya different kinds of shields so you can turn it on."

A sneeze escaped the sleeping child.

Fresh 404 stands and gets him an extra blanket worry clear in his eyelight. "Ya I got a feeling you don't have as much time to figure this out as we do. Do ya little bru?"

Arco stretched and blinked, wondering why Fresh 404 was putting another blanket on him. "But I'm not cold?"

Fresh 404 chuckles, "ya sneezed we didn't know if you were coming down with anything Arco-Iris Traveller."

"Oh... thank you," he replied with a small smile. "Um... I'm too awake to go back to sleep." he admitted. "But I feel itchy and want a bath... yes a bath! I remember what that is."

"Wait... traveller.. Traveller what?" he said after a moment.

"Tried to check you. While denied access your codes started pinging us with little notifications. Traveller Protocols in Effect, shield is off. That tells us three things: you are a higher god level than me, your name when you are healed is probably Traveller, and you got some kind of shield that should probably be on." Fresh 404 lifts the blankets so he can set up. "You can use my bathroom. It has a tub and a shower. I can recode some of our clothes to your size if you don't mind, rainbow our magic effects our clothes for some reason."

"I don't mind, I don't even know how to use my magic. Or how to use my... item space... item pocket, well at least I remember that even if I have no clue how to access it. And what's wrong with the rainbow?" he asked with a grin.

"Absolutely nothing but not everyone is comfortable wearing it." Fresh 404 smiles, "let's see if we can get your inventory open. We will open ours and you try to copy us okay?"

Arco nodded excitedly.

Fresh 404 swipes his hand in the air opening his inventory. "The thing about magic is it's foundation and bedrock is will, that is why when A monster dies all the things made of their magic fade away. If it is something made with their magic like it is made of something else but infused with their magic then the magic fades and leaves an empty vessel."

Arco nodded and started to write notes, paused and noticed he had a pad of paper and pen he had no clue where they came from. Shrugged, and continued to take notes.

Fresh 404 chuckles, "and some of it is just instinctive. We probably aren't the best to teach you this but try this." He olds at a hand and wills a small bone attack to form above it.

"Okay..." Arco said with determination, he held out his gloved hand and concentrated.

Fwoooosh

"Er...." he said wide eyed, at the new ceiling decoration of a bone piercing it. "Hah ha ha.... Can we go back to the pocket instead?" he asked nervously.

"Sure now that ya know what your magic feels like." Fresh 404 absently pulls the bone down with his strings and repairs the hole using the codes no need for anyone else to know he was giving magic lessons indoors.

"Can I try to open my pocket now?" Arco asked curious bouncing on his feet a bit.

"Of course little bru go for it." Fresh 404 watches smile at Arco-Iris's excitement.

Arco reached forward, his magic still felt fragile and hard to grasp.

REQUIREMENTS NOT MET

"What?" he said dryly. At that moment the magic gathering to open the pocket exploded, he fell onto his butt.

"Cough..." he stared in shock at the soot covering his face.

Fresh 404 gently picked him up, "hey little bru I been thinking you might be an us like we are you got at least three powerful magic types you are wrestling with there." Fresh 404 took him through his room to the bathroom and set him down before opening the walk-in closet and getting out shorts and a tank top.

"But... I can't hear anyone else in my head!" Arco panicked "and isn't that too many powers."

"Depends on how you got that way. Could be two or more merged and became someone new. Could be like our two haves and one is just knocked out from the bump you took to the skull. As for having three magic types depends on your parents or the parents of your parts. My 404 half is the child of Error and Nightmare in a roundabout way. So we got some very minor dream abilities and can draw a bit of power from negative energy. We got our strings from Error and some of our editing abilities too but most of the Amendment abilities are just us. Fresh has his own abilities but a lot of them are nullified by having a permanent host." Fresh 404 opens the codes and shrinks the clothing down to Arco-Iris's size.

"Sounds confusing," Arco admitted, but he was amnesia so a lot of things were confusing. He pulled off his coat revealing that under it he wore a black tank top and jeans, he pulled off his boots next revealing yellow socks. He stared at them for a moment, amused to realize there were slightly darker hearts on the sock also.Last he pulled off his long scarf, placing it and his pin carefully with his jacket.

"Huh," he said surprised when he pulled off his gloves, for he had holes in the palms of his hands.

Fresh 404 looked at the holes but shrugs, more than a few skeletons had such holes some inherited the some because of the royal scientist in their AU. He gets a new bath puff from under the sink and hangs fresh towels on the heated towel rack humming softly. "If you look in the cabinet by the tub you can have your choice of soaps, bath bombs, bubble bath, any of that stuff."

"Thanks," Arco said, and turned on the water in the tub.

"If you need help, call me or pulse your magic we're going to be in the living room doing some shopping on our phone." Fresh 404 pats him on the shoulder and let's him have some privacy to bathe in peace.

Arco sighed as he was left alone, pulling off the rest of his clothing so he could wash himself. He walked to the bathroom mirror, and peered at his reflection. "Traveller huh." Grumbling he turned the tap in the tub off, and found a soap he liked the smell of and began to cleanse himself.

He worried, he liked it here but what if he never remembered? He leaned back in the warm water once he was clean, his head lolled forward as the heat pushed him to sleep. Unable to help it, his eyes closed, and he began to sink under the water.

Moments later came out of the water gasping for air, well that was one way to wake up.

"This is a mess," he moaned, he'd been able to wake up but Palette hadn't and nor could he feel or hear him. He climbed out of the tub grabbing a towel, quickly drying and pulling on the spare clothing only pausing to grab his scarf and pin.

He looked out the window, the sun shone but the angle and brightness showed it was getting late. A few minutes would hurt right? He opened the window and scrambled out, using his ability to float to climb the highest part of the property and semi summoning his wings when he found his floating wasn't as controlled as usual.

"Oh, nice view," he said as he sat down on a more hidden spot but gave him a wonderful view, leaving his wings semi summoned. Goth would just stay here for now, he definitely felt he had a longer time this time. Hopefully, Pally would be able to 'wake' up soon.

"Cool wings." Fresh 404 steps off a latticework of strings and onto the roof taking in the view.

Goth didn't turn, just hugged his knees to his chest and stared at the scenery. "Sorry, I'm more... 'awake' this time, but I needed to figure things out"

"More awake so not completely there yet Huh." Fresh 404 sets down next to him. "Dinner is in about twenty minutes. Want to hear who is going to be there while you figure on things?"

"You should probably wait a bit, Arco is the one that will need this information." Goth replied softly, allowing their wings to vanish.

"Okay, need a hug?" Fresh 404 opens his arms. "We know it is what we needed when we first woke up, luckily Fresh was there for us. Oh wow just realized how odd that sounds."

Goth giggled, but leaned over and allowed the hug to happen. "Don't worry, I understand oddness, and so does Pally." hugs were great.

Fresh 404 hums hugging him and rocking gently. "While you are awake, anything we need to know to take care of Arco-Iris?"

"Ah... try not to work on Positivity or Creativity magic for now, not till Pally can wake up at least once. Death magic is fine, my connection to our body is starting to repair a bit. Ah! Just realize we should introduce ourselves.... Well more myself," Goth giggled, it felt weird to introduce himself not as the Traveller.

"We figured you are part of Traveller after the codes pinged us. We assumed Traveller was your name and gave it to Arco-Iris as a last name. So your parts maintained individuality? Like we did?" He looks out at the forest on this side of the castle.

"It's more of a title, kind of a name so as not to cause issues when we wonder. We chose it, as for individuality, yes we are two but also one. Usually we work in perfect sync and thus the Traveller exists, but we are also technically separate at the same time. It's why Arco is having so many issues. Palette and myself are too tightly bound together to work our magic separately. Yet we made our choice, to live as one or die at the end," Goth said quietly.

"We understand our 404 side may do most of the talking but being symbiotic partners was definitely a choice we could have forced Fresh out in the beginning but we chose to work together for our multiverse." Fresh 404 smiles fondly while talking about Fresh.

"It ended with a whimper, a multiverse crumbled. Not with over creation and not with too much destruction. Just an end, for all things end. Even Death fell, two survived as all fell into the end. Yet... One was dusting, and the other's soul was shattering. Then one says to the other, my body is fine and so is your soul. We can't survive as we are, but we could survive together... and thus the Traveller was born," Goth said softly.

Fresh 404 nods, "all things end eventually but ends can also be beginnings. It sounds like your story was just being. We hope you understand that you are welcome here. We have already worked out that you are related to Reaper or someone like him."

"He's my Papa, my name is Goth if it helps. Pally is Palette Roller but I doubt he'll get a counterpart here, since well..." Goth said trailing off, he sighed feeling exhausted as his grip on their body faded.

Fresh 404 chuckles holding them so Arco-Iris don't fall. "Because Inky is younger than you. This is going to make teasing uncle Geno and Reaper so easy."

"The shield.. Is not for your protection.. It's for ours," Goth said as unconsciousness claimed him, leaving the body in slumber.

"Da is what we are worried bout." Sighing Fresh 404 stands with Arco-Iris in his arms and steps off the roof strings forming under his feet as he walks down to the courtyard.

Arco squeaked as he suddenly woke, high in the air... in Fresh 404's arms. "What happened! I was taking a bath?" he panicked, and why did he feel so tired.

"Sssh part of ya woke up and went for a walk to think." Fresh 404 finishes a walk down to the ground. "It is okay little bru everything is going to work it's out."

"I swear it's like a drama novel gone wrong," Arco pouted.

Fresh 404 chuckles, "welcome to our world. Uncle Static and Uncle Bane aren't even from this multiverse, the deities dropped them off to fix the balances."

"It's Destiny protected."

"Actually Karma, Void, and Feelings if their checks mean anything." Fresh 404 sets him on his feet.

"They should probably stop putting the 'This is mine' code on then."

Fresh 404 smiles not pointing out that Arco-Iris was remembering some interesting things. "Maybe Destiny took over from Fate after mom and dad jumped."

"You could always ask Umbra, Umbra always knows who's in charge," Arco mumbled, clearly not paying attention to the conversation. "Wait.. no.. he's not available right now."

"We haven't had the pleasure of meeting them yet. We don't get many omniverse travellers maybe because our multiverse is just getting stable in the last half year or so." Fresh 404 walks them over to the dining table in the courtyard where Fell is busy glaring at nothing and holding Edge doing their daily be nice to each other practice.

Arco blinked, coming back to reality not realizing he'd been part of the Traveller again and mumbling a bit as... well their filter was a bit damaged due to there issue. Arco stared at Fell and Edge were, a spike of sadness came to him. He wondered who they reminded him of, but knew whoever it was, was most likely long dead.

"Don't mind them, their therapist ordered them to learn to not hurt each other. It is a steep learning curve. They care but communication is not an UnderFell strong point." Fresh 404 smiles slightly. "But protecting their own is once you figure it out."

"Just give Mr. Edgy a kid to look after now and then, as a godfather and he'll mellow right out,' Arco giggled, both eyes rainbow for a brief moment.

Fresh 404 smiles slightly, "they both do okay with our little cousins. Fell just has trouble showing his brother healthy affection instead of yelling or hitting."

"Don't worry, they'll get their act together when Reaper and Geno have their first child. Make sure to have a camera when they meet," Arco sniggeered.

"We will keep that in mind." Fresh 404 gets one of the special cookies out of his inventory and passes it to Arco-Iris.

A rainbow shaded eye light looked up in amusement "Someone knows Retconned." he said and began to nibble on it, arco fading back to the forefront.

Fresh 404 gets himself a cookie not commenting about Retconned or the glitter bombs, laughing gas, or rains of confetti the multiverse still experiences occasionally.

"What now?" Arco asked curiously.

"It is about time for everyone to start gathering for dinner. We have to go open our patio doors so the bitties inside have a way out here. Fell and Edge are already here, Doc is in his AU this week, so that leaves Golden and Sunshine from FlowerFell, Powder and Rose from DustTale, Peace and Hatchet from HorrorTale, Glitter he is an outcode originally from an UnderSwap, Uncle Dream, Uncle Bane with his sons Azure and Xavier, Uncle Static with his sons Roark, Ash, and Scare, Lady Vita from ReaperTale, and Uncle Geno is coming with his fiancé Reaper. Oh and all the bitties, meal times are lively." Fresh 404 grins at the understatement.

Arcos stomach gave an audible rumble.

Hearing Fresh 404 takes a packet of freeze dried veggies from his pocket and offers them. "You can sit at the table if you want while we go open the doors."

Arco smiled and thanked him, then took a seat and nibbled on the veggies. He was just so hungry, like he had to keep eating.

After opening the doors and giving Larkspur and Dusty a little to the table, Fresh 404 sits down next to him just before Powder shows up with Dream bound gagged and over one shoulder. "We see someone is playing capture the prince again. Who bet you couldn't keep a hold of him tell dinner this time?"

Argo giggled wide eyed, he was pretty sure these were supposed to be the 'adults.'

Powder puts Dream in his seat and unties him. "Hatchet bet a key lime pie that I could capture and keep him till dinner without fighting."

Fresh 404 just shakes his head laughing while Fell finally lets Edge go. "How many times has he lost this week? We are still not sure why Uncle Dream puts up with it."

Dream shrugs, "with the balance of positivity and negativity well balanced, letting them play keeps things interesting plus I get a third of the pie."

Mmm... pie, he could go with pie.

"You could have a whole pie if you asked Agnis. Are you sure it isn't that you enjoy the view?" Fresh 404 grins at a puzzled looking Dream while Powder explodes in blushes.

Edge chuckles watching now that he is free from his brother's idea of a hug which is more like the old one should use on an unruly prisoner.

Hatchet was the next to join them bringing one of his notoriously good keto key lime pies. "I swear you cheat somehow."

Oh... that pie looked good, Arco had to check to make sure he wasn't drooling. Yet he pulled himself back, and watched the people joining them at the table. He was a bit jealous of them, he knew even with amnesia he didn't belong here. He couldn't stay, no matter how much he wanted to.

'It's like a ticking clock, speeding to set time. And I no longer remember how to slow it down,' he thought sadly, absently rubbing his arm where he was starting to get a feeling of pins and needles. Not yet painful, but part of himself knew it would. 'I'm running out of time.'

(I'm sorry, unless we're fully awake we can't shield you. Were fading in and out, and it's not fair to anyone)

Arco flinched and held his head from a spike of pain, his soul hurt.

He never had a chance to stay did he?

Fresh 404 gave Arco-Iris a thoughtful look, he wasn't the child of Nightmare for nothing. "Hey little bru after dinner do you need to visit the anti-void?"

Bane who was walking out with a double stroller gave Fresh 404 a sharp look the anti-void in this multiverse had a particularly toxic personality if it could be called that the only reason someone would go there was to escape the effects of time in temporarily.

"No... it will not help..." Arco said softly in a far off tone. After all, the anti-void was still this multiverse. He wished he remembered, that he could understand this more... but the anti-void would not help this he knew in his very soul.

Fresh 404 sighs "okay little bru okay. Uncle Bane, Uncle Dream, meet Arco-Iris Traveller."

"Hello, Thank you for taking me into your care," Arco said shyly, bowing his head a bit.

Dream gave an excited squeak and leaned over to hug him. "Does this mean we get to keep him?"

((Omg ha ha ha ha, I swear Dreams are like this when there happy))

And oh look, another random voice in his head, probably part of whoever he really was. He blushed a rainbow, wishing he had his coat on to hide his face in his hood.

"Uncle Dream... we would love to but we have the feeling their journey isn't over yet. That doesn't mean they are not always welcome here because they are." Fresh 404 gives Dream and Arco-Iris found worried looks.

"Nii... nice to meet you Mr. Dream," Arco stuttered out shyly.

A portal opens and Reaper carries Geno through while Geno fusses about being able to walk for himself.

Fresh 404 pulls a bag of coffee beans out of his inventory and hands it to Arco-Iris.

"Beans?" Arco said in confusion.

((Ahh.. I see where this is going?))

Wait.. what's happened, and it's gone again without answers.

"Hey Reaper look what I found." Fresh 404 grins and gestures at Arco-Iris.

"H.. hi?" Arco said, blinking.

Reaper blinks and gently Geno on his feet, "hello you must be why Geno said we needed to eat dinner here tonight."

"I guess..." Arco said with a shrug.

"Okay Bane and Reaper, who knows more about shields? And Reaper, you better try he is holding the coffee beans." Fresh 404 leans back to watch while the rest of the family gathers for dinner and the food is brought out.

Arcos' eyes brightened as he ate, the food was very good and filling. Amusingly he noticed he still had the coffee beans, but Reaper was eyeing them greedily.

Yet.. he was so tired, it was like nothing he did kept him full. As if all he was.. was draining away, and that prickling feeling still hadn't gone away.

Fresh 404 steals the pie and slides it in front of Arco-Iris. Powder gives him a thoughtful look and picks Dream up before he can protest holding him on his lap. "So you are in full mother hen mode?"

Arco started on the pie, a slight frown on his face. The food helped a bit, but.. It didn't stop the draining feel of the prickling feeling and it felt as if he was burning through the food too quickly.

"Actually Uncle Bane, could you and Uncle Dream take a look? We can't check his codes for damage." Fresh 404 pulls cookies out of his inventory and just keeps filling Arco-Iris's plate glancing at Reaper occasionally.

Arco of course didn't even notice, just kept eating.

"I could try but Fresh 404 other than Static and Ink followed by Bane you are the only multiverse level gods we have. I am just a guardian and Reaper can't affect any of you." Dream watches looking worried, especially when Fresh 404 kept putting magic dense feeds in front of Arco-Iris and the kid wasn't slowing down.

"You can talk to them, he can't. My codes are locked," Arco said in a far away voice.

Bane just nods, "you are a personality fragment then and the rest of you is asleep that is why me and Dream can talk to them?"

"Huh.. sorry, did you say something?" Arco said embarrassed, snapping back to reality.

Fresh 404 hands him a green apple. "Nothing to worry about, we are just trying to figure out how to awaken your memories."

"No apples.." Arco said, pushing it away.

"Okay," Fresh 404 passes it to Rose and offers a muffin instead.

The muffin was accepted with a smile, and quickly eaten "Sorry, I just don't like apples. Not that I know why."

"That's okay we only like the green ones, everyone has something they don't like." Fresh 404 nods to Bane confirming his guess.

"I guess," Arco said, yawning "I think I need to sleep again."

"Sure little bru mind if we keep you close? There is a daybed in the bitties playroom off our living room." Fresh 404 stands scooping him up princess style.

"Kay," came with a large yawn, as Fresh 404 carried him to the daybed "They have my permission to enter my mind...." another yawn, as he faded into sleep.

-----

Palette sighed as lay on a mental landscape of a beautiful field, while they could only wake briefly and never together they could at least change this area they were trapped in. Nearby he could see Goth arranging an area to look like.. snert... Gothic ruins, they might be a tad bored.

Wait.. where was the mental avatar of them as a traveller, getting up he walked towards Goth and laughed. Their mental representative of the Traveller was sitting on a throne made of stone, actually the seat looked rather comfortable.

"You are so bored," Palette giggled, Goth turned and grinned.

"Very... not like we can do much till they wake us," Goth said quietly, Palette sighed knowing that Goth was correct. It was strange being here, here there true mental avatars of their singular selves were forever stuck looking like they had before they became one. Goth with his whitte jacket and red scarf, and his own cheerful artist-like clothing.

"We're running out of time, while this place isn't painful it's draining us too quickly. I don't think Arco will be able to learn the correct shield patterns in time to stop it," Palette whispered unhappily.

They had no idea what would happen if they stayed past their limit, but nothing good.

"Lets just hope Bane and Dream can get here, and break that," Goth said looking at the avatar, for a brief moment a chain appeared swirling around it.

-----

Bane followed Fresh 404 inside and pulled a chair up to the daybed. "I hope you are right about this. Your latest adoptie appears to have a serious failure to thrive."

"Uncle Bane never say that again having a problem is not a failure it is a problem." Fresh 404 frowns tucking Arco-Iris in. "We just need to figure out how to help our little rainbow."

"Don't get too attached nephew, even if we can help him. You said it yourself, this is not their final decision." Dream sets at the end of the daybed acting like a grownup now that it was time to work.

"I am sorry I should have chosen my words better. He clearly has at least some DreamTale in him. We will try the dreamscape." Bane settles in the chair and lightly traces the healed cracks in Arco-Iris's skull.

Dream nods frowning he could feel it to the child or some part of him came from one of his counterparts in a way just as Bane was Fresh 404's uncle this child was his nephew. "We will not be defeated easily, not when we work together."

Bane nods and closes his sockets quickly falling into a light trance followed almost immediately by Dream meeting in a familiar dreamscape they had built together as a jumping off point when working. "You have set us a great challenge telling him that."

"I believe in us and I do not think we will be alone in this task. Our nephew is too perceptive to be mistaken about the child's nature." Dream smiles as he starts their search of the dreamscape.

In the distance a door made of Ebony and Ivory stonework appeared, with glittering rainbow stars engraved upon it. From its sides were great stone wings, one of each stone type looking as if they were about to fully open to flight.

Bane snorts softly, "definitely some creator in that mix. At least they are easy to spot."

"Don't sound so cynical or need I remind you of shark baby blankets that look like they are eating your children?" Dream smiles pleased when Bane shakes his head.

"If it wasn't my kids it would have been funny." Bane shot Dream a defensive look as they approached the doors.

"You have a dark sense of humor." Dream knocks firmly on the door while Bane stands back with his arms crossed looking the other way but not denying it.

PERMISSION GIVEN
ACCESS GRANTED

The doors opened like puzzle pieces, the stones vanishing into the stars, then the stars fading away leaving an entrance of light open.. Waiting.

Inside the dreamscape Goth and Palette paused, Dream and Bane were here.

"Wait in the castle?" Goth asked, pointing at the gothic castle ruins he;d finally finished.

"Sure, I want to see what they do without meeting us at first," Palette cackled, Goth gave him a long look.

"Sometimes I forget you're related to an Ink," he said dryly, Palette just grinned some more. "Well come on then, we'll stay hidden till they look at the avatar."

"You think it's funny also, admit it," Palette said, Goth blushed but continued walking to a good spot to watch invisible. Then they were gone.

Bane tilts his head slightly but walks into the dreamscape, "quite sophisticated for a child do you suppose they are like Fresh 404 and only aging a year every millennia or so? If so, they would be older than this multiverse."

"How should I know but you are right about the complexity and maturity of the dreamscape." It really didn't take them long to find the avatar but they didn't mess with it. After all it was a hollow shell and changing things in the dreamscape without permission could be dangerous to all parties involved.

It began to rain outside the ruins, a pale moon peeking between the rain heavy clouds.

Goth watched them curious, now that they were close he could see the differences between them and the one's met before. Dreams clothing was one tiny code color different, and that was an easy thing to see. He was sitting on the top of the throne, where he could look down at its seat where the avatar rested. He wished it wasn't raining, but he knew it was Palette's reaction in their soul in meeting alternate versions of his mother and uncle.

He himself had his wings out, not their Traveller wings but the black ones he would have had as just Goth. His singular eye light, usually purple, was edging more to the ghostly blue that marked him as a Reapers child. He was pretty sure these two were good... but they had come across other versions of Dream and Nightmare that were more parasites that invaded their hosts via the dreamscape.

There was a reason their mind/dreamscape was never underwater anymore. Well that and the sharks, why they always got sharks in those types he had no clue and they could never get rid of them while the scape was like that.

"Dream I know our nephew is already attracted but maybe we should be careful? Solar wasn't a good person and if there is one bad Dream we can't automatically assume our counterparts or their children will be safe." Bane keeps careful watch on the area.

"I know Bane at least the Negative side of the balance is making a better showing. You and Nightmare both proved out smarter and more ethical than Solar and more forgiving than I was. I literally had to see Nightmare jump into the VOID for love to get it through my thick skull that negative and evil are not the same thing." Dream frowns looking away from Bane.

"Don't overthink it, very few Dreams escape the multiverse script of their fate."

Bane instantly took a protective stance scanning the area more closely. "Something that has been said in other ways, but Dream is stubborn."

"I Know, they usually are."

Dream grumbles but moves slightly so Bane could change forms if needed. "I am not the only one. You would think my brother would have just talked to me to begin with."

"That wasn't in the multiverse scripts, not this one. You would not like to see what it said would happen, if he had. Jumping the void, and joining that Error in another multiverse saved him from that"

Dream flinches and hugs himself, "I don't have to read the script. My brother is the guardian of negativity. He naturally leans towards depression, nothing good could come of him being separated from his mate."

"You're being too rough on yourself, he never blamed you in truth. He loved you." another voice said.

"That only makes what we, no what I did worse." Dream starts to tear up and Bane gives an angry hiss, the tentacles forming on his back and flicking aggressively as he pulls Dream into a tight hug.

"Dreams... always take forever to get out of depression, what use to grieving for what has been. You must walk forward and actually live, that is what your nightmare wanted for you," said the first voice.

"Enough," Bane's voice drops to a resonant growl. "We each have the right to grieve and heal in our own time and we."

"Sorry, Pally hates seeing Dream all sad," the first voice responded.

"Yo," it said again, and suddenly a child was sitting on the throne's top, wings half covering them there singular eye light a familiar eerie blue.

Bane frowns fiercely, "you are old enough to know you can't talk someone out of hurting only time and healing can ease grief."

Dream hugs Bane tights sniffing, "Don't be so harsh old or young the wish to not see others hurting is empathy the finest quality our balance achieves."

"Sorry," Palette said sheepishly, appearing from where he was laying on a ceiling beam above.

"We can be a bit pushy, our mental development is a bit weird due to our situation and our body eternally an immortal child," Goth said from his spot.

"Are you sure you are not aging extremely slowly like Inky and Fresh 404?" Dream looks from one to the other but his eyelights linger on Palette sensing his own magic, no the magic of a counterpart in him.

"No... we don't age at all," Palette admitted.

"I'm Goth by the way, and that's, Palette Roller. Together we are The Traveller. You've already met Arco who is a bare fragment of us," Goth said softly.

"Yes our nephew is trying to take care of him but something more than skull trauma is going on." Bane relaxes a little but retains his protective stance.

"We were attacked before we fell, we don't know how or why as we were phased out and between multiverses at that moment. We know they did something, otherwise the fall would have barely bruised us," Goth sighed, Palette appeared next to Goth and with a nudge the child death gods' wings vanished and his eye light went back to its normal purple.

"Problem is... each multiverse has its own type of magic, people that cross the void travelling by deity express, cross from one to another that match their own multiverse magic. Our multiverse.. We.. haven't found another match for it, so we have a shield. A shield that was brought down by the attack, and Arco is unable to use," Palette replied unhappily.

"It's a very bad thing for us, it protects us from the multiverse we're visiting so we can stay longer depending on how the multiverse affects us," Goth said, rubbing his face tiredly.

"So you need to fully wake and grasp your magic before our multiverse does permanent damage?" Bane eases his hold on Dream but is still sending out protective big brother vibes like crazy.

"Exactly," Palette beamed happily.

"Sooner the better, the magic here is making us unstable," Goth grumbled.

"Do you know how we can help this is your dreamscape? We don't want to risk hurting you." Dream let's Bane go and rubs away his tears with the backs of his gloves.

Bane reluctantly let Dream go but gave the kids a look that made it clear they would pay if they hurt Dream. "Dream is right, changing anything at random could make things worse, but you know that already. You have a great deal of control over this dreamscape."

"Take a closer look at the avatar of our fused self, every now and then you can see what's causing this to appear then vanish. It's literally chaining us here, we can briefly wake but quickly slammed back," Goth grumped like a mini Geno.

"Hey at least you got to talk to Fresh 404 in a brief conversation, I'm more of a random line person right now," Palette said poking the other.

"Don't worry about changing anything, we locked it down when you entered. Only thing not locked down is that thing blocking the way," Goth said softly, he didn't want to admit that as soon as they woke they'd have to leave. They really didn't want to say goodbye.

Dream nods moving to examine the avatar more closely, "we did notice the seal but it isn't wise to unseal things in the dreamscape without knowing what they are. We left it alone."

Bane moves with Dream brushing a tentacle breath away from the avatar bringing the seal into view, it took the form of a chain with a sun and moon medallion. "A double seal, it looks like they really didn't want you near their balance."

Goth face went slack, one Reaper had worn when sad and thought so no one saw it . Palette scooted closer to Goth, seeking comfort of his soulmate who nuzzled Palettes check seeking his own comfort.

"We'll fix this Gothy, we have too," Palette whispered to him.

Dream hums smiling, "you are lucky you landed here this takes two guardians to unseal. I am not sure you could have gotten help here before... Nighty and I were not really on speaking terms, but Bane and I can unlock this."

"At least the double seal is proof we are not the only ones that can get along or maybe in that multiverse one being keeps that balance or someone like these two and Fresh 404." Bane gently lifts the medallion in one hand, chatting to ease the tension.

"Can you do us a favour, once the seal is lifted?" Goth requested sadly.

"It depends on the favor I have learned not to agree to things without finding out what it is first." Dream smiles at them, placing his hand over the medallion so it was cupped between his and Bane's hands.

"Can you tell Fresh 404 we're sorry and goodbye, we have to activate the shield right away once we can. It will force kick us from this multiverse, and we don't know when.. Or if it will even be possible to return here," Goth whispered.

"We can do that. If you ever meet Dream's brother, thank him for protecting a Dream worth having." Bane channels his magic into his hand so that it glows dark purple.

"We can do that, we'll recognize his codes quiet quick since we met Mr. Dream," Palette giggled.

Dream's sockets widen. "Try avoiding Bane's multiverse. It is extremely unstable and if you see my brother, thank him for me too." Once Dream's hand started to glow as well the seals cracked immediately.

"Thank you and we'll keep our eyes open, maybe we'll meet again," Goth said with a soft smile, and the Dreamscapes sky cleared and went rainbow. "Best leave, we don't need anyone else here when the shield goes up."

Bane nods, letting go of the broken seal and takes Dream's hand leading him out in a hurry.

"I would have liked to stay, he would have adopted us in a heartbeat," Palette told Goth softly.

"Dream here is very kind, just like Fresh 404 and Bane fits right in," Goth said as they jumped down to the avatar.

"Goodbye mother..." Palette whispered as Dream and Bane left the Dreamscape, together they touched the avatar.

Bane takes a deep breath opening his sockets. Sometimes he hated the emotional honesty the dreamscape demanded. Other times he loved it because it made things so much clearer. Like the fact Dream was his brother now, he might not have started out that way but it was what he was now.

Dream was slightly slower to open his sockets, taking his time to settle into himself and his things.

The body of the Traveller gasped, the residual injuries healing in an instant. Then rainbow shaded magic swirled around him, when it faded... he was gone.

Fresh 404 sighs then pulls both Dream and Bane into a hug. "Thank you for helping him."

Six Months later:

The Place was barely changed, but it still radiated a happy contentment of its residents. The Traveller paused to stare at the sky, the moon was barely there and a slight chill in the air. He wished he could just stay there and enjoy it, but he had very little time and too many things to do.

He was phased slightly outside of this multiverse's reality, even now recovered and shielded; it was too dangerous for him. He floated through the building like a ghost, leaving no trace of his passage. Not like anyone could see or sense him, and talking to them would make it feel more lonely once he left again.

'Here we are,' he thought coming into Fresh 404's room, of course he wasn't asleep. But curled up in a blanket watching the stars on the patio, a cup of coco steaming beside him.

"Thank you for being my friend," he whispered, even though he knew the other couldn't hear him. Gently he placed a basket woven of leaves on the bed, making sure there was no damage to probably his most precious gift ever. One that meant so much to himself also, once he phased it into reality he began his journey to his final stop.

He had a feeling, Reaper and Geno would appreciate his healing ability.

He left before the next hour struck.

Fresh 404 looked down at the table feeling the codes fizz and pop as something came into existence. They were mildly confused by the small basket he set down his mug of dark chocolate cocoa and gently opened it. The glowing egg inside swirled with amber and rainbow radiated a familiar family magic that brought a smile to their face even as he gently lifted it into his palms to cradle against his chest.

The Egg began to beat almost like a heartbeat, you could almost hear a song linked to it somehow.

Fresh 404 hums along not knowing what is going on but trusting Traveller. They swirled their own magic around the egg not bothering to form strings so much as bathe it in welcome and warmth.

"Thank you... I wished I could have stayed forever Fresh 404. I would have been happy, instead I leave you with a fragment of myself to stay with you forever my friend. If it was possible, I would be more than happy to be Arco forever."

A cracking sound came from the egg.

Fresh 404 looks sad for a moment then smiles down at the egg as it shatters into stardust leaving behind a Bitty with fluffy rainbow wings. "Welcome home little bru."

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

41.4K 984 21
Palette and Goth just got together~ Yay! But Cray comes in. Oh no. Basically your typical love triangle but with a twist. ;) POTH STUFF- I haven't wr...
14K 342 13
You are a well known throughout your AU until one day you're taken by the reapers aka the police of the multiverse, you're one of the most dangerous...
1.2K 87 15
Encre (Ink) escapes his crumbling universe with the help of Nightmare. He meets new friends and a new life is chosen for him what will become of the...
72.1K 2K 21
After ink cheated on him, the gang and the chara admit hating him and wanting him dead, error decide to end it all. He jump in the void but instead o...