Shh... He's My Husband (Compl...

By nadiamalik786

Today I start a new journey of my life. College!!! I was as thrilled as any fresher could be, however, my exc... More

Prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
EPILOGUE part 1
EPILOGUE part 2

eight

9.1K 483 161
By nadiamalik786

Meher's POV,
Today is the third day since Imraan has started tutoring me, but the problem is.... I'm tooooo slow. Accounts is the worst! Still I opted for Commerce because I knew Science was out of question for me. And according to my parents, I just need to get a degree for name sake and because Rubeena aunty wants an educated daughter in law.

Still, he's soo patient with me. However, I'm afraid if his patience runs out with me...then I'll be completely lost again. Also, the way he stood up for me that day.....was soo cool!
After that day, until now, Azlaan hasn't even said a word to me and it feels soo good. I feel safe and do feel the will to attend college.

"This entry is wrong. It should be the other way." He explained.

I panicked. Why do I keep making the same mistake?! Always interchanging debit and credit.

"Sorry." I quickly began changing it.

He smiled.
"It's ok. The more mistakes you make the better you'll understand and remember."

"You must be tired of me." I said embarassed with myself.

"Not at all ... I'm actually enjoying this."

I looked at him confused and he chuckled.
"When you make mistakes I remember better because I can rectify it for you getting double practice and I also realise in what places I need to avoid making mistakes too."

"I'm sure you would never make stupid mistakes like me."

"I do, trust me. Sometimes I have to strike out whole pages and write it all over again trying to understand a simple entry. Then I after completely understanding it I do it all over again as a practice, then the next day I go through it again, mentally solving the problem. Then after a week or two, I solve it again from scratch."

The way he was explaining his study techniques as if it was nothing but my mouth was wide open.

"Wallah! I don't have that much patience in me. Hats off to you!"

He laughed.
"Thankyou." He bowed slightly making me giggle.

And after 3 days I'd finally learnt more than enough of journal entries.

He was looking outside the window from where we could see the vadapav stall and the smell of freshly fried vadas was filling our nostrils.

"It's smells good. I'm getting hungry now."

I hesitated a bit. Will it be akward if I say it?

"Um... Imraan."

"Hm?" He looked at me.

"Uh... actually....after this can we go to the canteen?"

"Sure, are you getting hungry too by the smell?" He grinned.

"It's not that.... actually.... let's me just finish this first." I smiled.

"Ok...cool."

When I was done, he checked the problem giving me the ok sign as I smiled widely satisfied and then we called it a day.

We found an empty table and took our seats.
Before he could ask me what I wanted I took out 2 tiffin boxes from my bag and pushed one in front of him.

"That's for you." I said meekly. I didn't even know if he'd like it or would he find me weird.

He sure had a shocked and confused look on his face.
"For me?"

I nodded.

"You didn't had to go through the trouble Meher."

"No, I did make one for myself so I just increased the quantity. Nothing much and also, you're helping me soo much without any fees. This is the least I can do."

He watched me in disbelief.
"You made it yourself?!"

I nodded unable to stop my smile at his cute reaction.

"You can even cook?"

I nodded again.
"I'm not that good, but try." I said shyly.

"Wow! That's amazing. What other things can you do?" He said opening the tiffin and smelling it.

"It's just simple aloo matar sabzi and Chapati." I said.

"Oh, I like this. It's been a while since I had this." He said with excitement in his voice, tearing the Chapati and having a bite while I waited curiously for his reaction
"Mmm....soo good!"

I was soo relieved.

"Thank God. I was worried if you'd like it or not."

"Meher, this is too good....Actually, my Mom is always busy with her work so usually we have to order in or settle with Maggie or pasta."

No wonder why he never brings a tiffin or anything. Either he eats at the canteen or doesn't eat at all.

I watched him as he was heartily eating it and my chest felt warm seeing him. I don't know why but I got such satisfaction, even more compared to seeing my family eat my food. They're always complaining about the taste but he was enjoying such a simple sabzi as if it was something like a continental dish.

"I'll bring a tiffin for you tomorrow too then."

"Hm? No need to take such trouble for me."

"It's no trouble. I just have to make a bit more. No problem there."

"Well, if you insist....but this is too good huh. Can you make this same tomorrow too?"

I giggled nodding and ate my own tiffin too.

####
"I heard you bring an extra lunch box everyday for my son. That is soo sweet of you Meher beta."

Shazia aunty said as she was taking my measurements. I was back at Imraan's place. Mumma wanted to give my dress materials for stitching and I said I knew a good tailor on my way to college. So here I was!

"Yes.... he's helping me with studies soo much even though I trouble him a lot. I'm not that bright actually. So I thought atleast I could do that much for him in return." I replied sheepishly.

She laughed.
"I bet he must be liking you troubling him."

"Huh?" Her words confused me.

"Nothing nothing.... you're soo adorable." She pinched my cheek after taking my shoulder measure.
"Thankyou for making lunch boxes for my son everyday. I'm a terrible cook actually and I can't even do much for him and his father as I'm mostly busy with work. But he's such a sweet son that he never complaints. I feel like a terrible mother and wife sometimes." She sighed heavily shaking her head.

"I don't think so." I said abruptly and she was looking at me and now I didn't know what to say next. Shit! That's the problem with me. I start babbling without thinking

She just smiled
"I knew you would say that. Now tell me what neck designs would you like?"

She said showing me some pamphlets changing the subject. I smiled. It's like she can understand my every uneasiness and just push it away not wanting me to stress on it.

Whenever I see her, deep inside I wish ...if my mother was just like her.

#####
Many students my age have the luxury of sleeping in till late on Sundays. I, on the other hand cannot enjoy such luxurious as I need to wake up early and start cleaning the whole house 3bhk banglow, scrub the toilets and then help Mumma make breakfast. After that wash dishes, then dry the clothes then again help with lunch....bla bla bla....by evening I'm completely beat. However, sunday isn't the only day for me as such.... it's a regular routine minus the full house cleaning.

So just like every Sunday, I sank on the bed exhausted after working myself up like a maid, just blankly looking at the ceiling fan. I wondered how there are just 3 blades to it but when they spin...they look like 10-12 even more and sometimes, just a white shield.

"Meher! Why are you lazing on the bed? You're such an idler. Can't even do one thing properly. Get up and fix some evening snacks for everyone."

"Mumma.... I'm working all day. I'm soo tired already." I groaned as my arms and legs felt heavy.

"Don't you dare argue with me. You call that work? When I was your age I used to work from morning till night and we didn't even have such luxuries like a soft bed and ceiling fan...." She went on and on with the back in my days lecture and it was as if someone was hitting a hammer on my head.

Just then Mazhar bhai came in and saved me.

"Mumma, why are you yelling at that child again?"

"Mazhar, stop treating her like a child. She's a grown woman."

"Ok ok...calm down now. Did you take your BP medicine?" He held her by her shoulders trying to drag her out.

"No matter how many medicines I take, my BP will never be normal because she is my daughter! Allah! Why did he give me such a useless daughter?! Look at you. You are always soo useful and caring, whenever anyone sees you they praise you adore you and this one..." She pointed at me making a nasty face.

But I was too drowsy to feel anything.

"Mumma, please na. Our Meher is such a good girl. She does everything you say and she'd been working around all day cooking and cleaning. Kids her age go out to have fun and play but our good girl stays home helping us all and catering to our needs. Don't yell at my sister please and let her rest. Come on... let's go out."

"You always take her side spoiling her."

"Yeah yeah ... because she's my cute little sister."

Mumma was saying something but I couldn't hear as my eyelids were getting heavy and I turned to my side closing them slowly falling into a deep slumber.
My eyes slightly opened at something touching me and I saw Bhai pulling the duvet over me. He caressed my head.
"Don't sleep too much or else you won't be able to sleep at night."

"Hmm"
I managed a smile for him and he left closing the door behind him.

####
Azlaan's POV,
I slammed shut my laptop as I couldn't fucking concentrate on anything.

That brat Imraan! What the hell does he think he is?! He dared to raise his voice at me that to in front of the whole class full of maggots like him?! It's been days but I was unable to get his words out of my head! And all for what?

That bitch!

Even after that day she's not afraid huh?

My blood was boiling in my veins.

Those two have gotten quite close too. I've seen them walking together to the library and canteen after college hours. So are they dating or something?

Destroying my future while she's flirting around huh? What a whore!

I'll make her regret it soon enough.

I heard a knock at the door disturbing my thoughts. It was Mom.

"Can I disturb my son for a moment?"

I smiled.
"Of course mom. Come in."

She sat on the bed and I went and sat with her. She had that tensed expression on her face as she was fixing my hair.

"You're working soo hard and all for nothing. My precious son's talent is being wasted in here. I wish we could just go back to London and you could get what you deserve. That girl is draging you down."

I sighed.
"I know....but I don't want to upset dad too. You know how he gets and I don't want him to yell at you either." I frowned.

She smiled hugging me
"Awww, you're such a good son my Azlaan. Don't worry, everything will be better soon. Just endure with it for a while. I promise I'll find a way to get rid of the Qadri family from our necks."

Then she got back.
"I came here to tell you that next week or a few days later, Your dad and I are going to London. We need to book the tickets as they'll be available.  He has some work pending there. So can you handle being alone?"

I smiled internally as I got a plan.

"Of course Mom. Am I a kid?"

"We'll be gone for almost a month. What about your food and everything?"

"Don't worry about that. I can handle it myself and I bet if you tell my inlaws they'd be more than happy to help." I said sardonically.

She frowned.
"I want my son no where near that Qadri family."

I smirked.
"Mom....have you forgotten thier daughter is my wife?" I said it with such spite like it was a bad word.

"That's what I hate the most! My son deserves soo much better." She said caressing her face.

"What can we say...like Dad said once, partners are made in heaven."

She made a face and I laughed.
"Don't worry Mom, I'll be fine.... I guess this can be fun for me too."

"How so?"

I smirked.

I was going to have a lot of fun with my Wife after all....

__________________________________

Assalamualaikum Everyone!

The story doesn't feel dragged or boring right? Don't worry, from the next chapter the story will pick up better pace.

Now tell me,
Which characters POV would you like to read more?

Imraan
Azlaan
Meher

I'm mostly concentrating on these 3. Should I write more about Mazhar, Zoya or Kashish?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.8K 941 21
Scene ~ I opened the door of my car, and the drops of rain started drenching me, but I didn't care. The only thought in my mind is, please God, I can...
188K 14K 58
●Highest rank #5 in Spiritual. ●#67 in Romance.Getting at the top. ALHUMDULILLAH● //To all my lovely, silent readers, please vote. It encourages me...
521K 20.9K 39
# 1 in General Fiction as on 11-03-2017 A Gasp escapes my mouth looking at my accidental husband kissing those three girls one after other ...... Tea...
5.8M 391K 69
That 'yes' could mean my death, torture, hate, disrespect, rape or anything more heartless and brutal. But, keeping my head high I said 'I am ready...