The Shy Girl

By glamcrazy

Maddie, a girl who doesn't have many friends and is very shy, finds out that eleventh grade is much harder th... More

Am I Worth It
One Voice
Stranger
Reappearance
Rocks
Wreak
Stole
The Gang
Dad
Gym
Wimpy Baby
My toe
I'll Kill You
Smoke
It Isn't My House
Where Am I
I Can't Let You Leave
Newspaper
Kept
No Sign
Meant Nothing
Nightmare
My Brother
Key
Happens For A Reason
Bruise
Complicated
Teasing Me
I Will
Struggle
Cuddling On The Plane
Limousine
Shopping At The Beach
Routine
Yes, No, Maybe
The Ending
Little Extra Chapter
Love
Thank You

Tackle

7K 256 27
By glamcrazy

Now that Lizzy woke me up, I can't go back to sleep. I'm wide awake and have nothing that I can possibly do.

"Maddie, baby." My mom whispers as she slowly opens my bedroom door, which shines some light.

"Yeah."

"I'm heading off to work."

"Okay, well, Daddy can..." I forgot again. For some reason, I've forgotten about his absence. "Okay," I finish my sentence.

My mother shakes her head and leaves the house.

After I heard the door close, I fix me some yummy breakfast; scrambled eggs and I start to turn my coffeepot on.

As the coffee drips from the machine, a knock was heard from the door. I set the pan down that had the delicious scrambled eggs on them and walk.

I look through the peephole, but see nothing except everything that's suppose to be there.

With nervous hands, I place them on the slick doorknob. To feed my curiosity, I open the door.

My brain didn't even have time to process it.
I felt my back hit the wooden floors and a warm body on top of me.

"What was that for?" I ask.

"I only tackled you." Brad exclaims as he lifts himself off of me.

I peel myself off the floor and jump to my feet.
I shut the door that has been wide open and walk back to the kitchen.

"Whatcha fixing?" Brad asks.

"My favorite breakfast food. Why?"

"Well, I didn't have anything to eat this morning."

"That's your fault."

"Please." Brad begs.

"Okay,"

~

We sit at the cluttered kitchen table and move all the junk to the side.

"How did you know I was home alone? And why are you up this early?"

"Well, I saw your mom pull out of your driveway. I always wake up early to jog around. I don't get these abs and muscles sitting down and doing nothing." Brad answers as he gobbles down the rest of the scrambled eggs.

"And that tackle early, what about that?" I ask, lifting my eyebrows.

"I surprised you, didn't I?" Brad asks.

"Well, yeah. I guess."

"Okay then," Brad remarks.

I toss the dishes into the sink while Brad sits in the living room.

"Want to watch The Walking Dead?" I ask.

"Why that?"

"My favorite show. Why you dissing it?" I tease.

"It's alright."

I plop down in the rocking chair and grab the remote. I turn the tv on and go to the shows that me and mom record.

I haven't been on there in awhile so I don't know what's on here.

I go through the whole list, but no Walking Dead.

"Okay, not on this tv. Maybe my room." I suggest slyly, feeling my cheeks turn a rose red.

Brad smirks and lifts his eyebrows.

"You know what I mean." I say, leading him into my room.

He shuts the door behind him, which kind of makes me blush. I turn The Walking Dead on.

Brad sits in my uncomfortable desk chair while I lay in my comfy bed.

After an hour or so, I get bored of laying in my bed and want to go on my Apple computer, which sits on top of my desk.

"Watch out, I need to get on my computer." I nudge his shoulder.

"Not that bad." Brad teases.

"Get up."

"Nah."

"Please." I beg.

"Nah."

I finally give up, but not quite. I sit on his lap and turn my computer on.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 81 8
Michelle has always been unnoticed to the love of her life, Nate. Isn't it obvious she wants to be more than friends? Then he asks her out and she sa...
2.1K 7 54
High school girl from Kansas named Jess meets Colby and he asked her to move to L.A. and some shit happens in L.A. that will question there relations...
604K 18.1K 45
Being a teenager is dramatic, emotional, and confusing. Brooklyn enters Junior year in an overload of events that could be described as just that, le...
135 1 15
This is a book I'm doing for school. In 10th grade we have to do a personal project. So this is my project. Hope you like it. Ava is in high school...