Dad

Brad looked at me with worried eyes, almost looked like they would fall out of his eye sockets.

"Under my bed." I whisper as I motion for him to do as I told him.

He willingly does and I run into my crowded closet. I slowly push the hangers, hearing that dreadful squick.

I made it where all my dresses were in front of me, covering my legs and body.

My mom's footsteps were heard in the hallway and into my room. I only hoped that she wouldn't plunder around and end up finding us.

"Am I going crazy?" My mom asks herself, making me smile and hold back a laugh.

My breathing began to pace quickly. I never could be in a tiny place for to long. If I did, my breathing would speed up and I would blackout.

I prayed that my mom would leave, which she did finally. I waited for her to shut my door. It felt like a lifetime when she did.

I fall out my closet and onto my knees, since I was standing up. My nose closed up and now I was breathing out my mouth and my head spun, making me dizzy.

"Are you okay? What's happening?" Brad worries.

"Yeah," I mumble between deep and heavy breaths. Brad helps me to my feet and keeps his arms around my waist.

He holds me close, so close that I can hear his heart beating.

"Sit... I need to sit." I say a little better since I was able to breath better.

He sits beside me on my bed and I put my hands in my knees and look down, catching my breathe.

"I'm claustrophobic." I answer Brad's questioned face.

He nods his head and rubs my back, drawing circles with his fingers.

"Okay, let's get you some clothes." I mention normally.

I walk over to my closet and pull out a box that had men clothes in it.

"Who's clothes is that?" Brad asks.

"My.... my Dads."

"When can I meet him?" Brad asks, smirking.

I pull out a x-large white T-shirt and toss it to my bed, where Brad was still sitting.

"You can't.... meet him." I mumble through the lump in my throat as I scavenge through the box.

I haven't been through this box in awhile, I was to scared.

"What do you mean?"

"He... he... It was a few days after my dog died. My Dad went to get a new puppy for me. It was suppose to be a surprise but I got even a bigger surprise." I wipe the tears streaming down my face.

"Someone ran into him on the drivers side. I was the only one at my house when I received the phone call about the incident. It lead me to depression for about a year, and once I got over that, I just had a lot of stress."

"I'm so sorry." Brad apologizes for something he didn't do.

I fiddle with the picture of my picture perfect, flawless, just... wonderful family. How come that person that ran into my Dad survived? Why did my Dad have to die?

I turn around, only to see Brad taking off his bloody shirt.

He reveals toned abs. I let out a little laugh as I stare at the perfect model body.

"Sorry, I didn't warn you." Brad laughs as he puts on the shirt I gave him.

"No, I'm sorry I never asked to see your abs." I tease.

"You like it?" Brad says in a questionable voice, lifting up the shirt. I almost died when I saw the abs again.

Brad laughs, winking at me with his gorgeous blue eyes.

I swear I could've kissed him just then but I decided not too, it could ruin the friendship or make things more awkward.

~

We drive to the movie theatre in Brads beat up tan car.

It wouldn't be as bad if he would just wash it and clean the inside of it. It had a ton of trash and a horrible smell.

"What movie now?" I ask out of the silence.

"Well, maybe we don't have to go to see a movie. Maybe, we can... uh... I don't know.  I really didn't think this whole movie thing through." Brad laughs.

"That's great." I tease.

"What do you want to do?" Brad asks.

Maybe make out, kiss me, ask me to be your one and only, love me like I'm the only girl in the world.

"I don't know. Whatever you want to do." I voice my opinion even though I could tell him other stuff.

"Do you like working out?" Brad asks.

"What?" It took me off guard. "Yeah, I do. I jog around sometimes."

"Well, now we know what to do." Brad says.

"I don't have the proper clothes." I say.

"Okay, where do you think is the best store?" Brad asks.

"Target," I suggest.

~

Brad and I walk into Target with only an intention to buy only three thing. (Workout shirt and pants, and tennis shoes).

We walk to the workout section, and to be honest, I saw a lot of clothes I liked.

Neon, regular, bright, all pretty colors. I guess Brad saw me eyeing the most cutest clothes.

"Pick out the ones you like."

"It's all expensive." I say.

"If you like it then I'll buy it." Brad is so sweet.
I only picked out the two shirts that I loved the most.

A neon pink and a baby blue one. Brad went behind me and pulled out the other shirts I was examining.

"I can't let you buy me all these." I protest.
"Sure you can." He assures.

I begin to head to the room where you try on clothes, but then I remembered I needed shorts too.

I quickly glanced at a black pair of shorts and snatch it off the hangers.

We begin to head back to the changing area and I get the second one from the last.

I don't even try on half the shirts because if I did I knew I would fall in love with them.

So, I only stuck to the baby blue and neon pink shirt and the shorts.

I gather all my clothes and sling the door open.

Knowing me, not paying attention, I bump into Brad who was right outside the door.

My chest bumped onto his chest, which really hurt, and my forehead hit against his forehead.

My lips were only a few inches away from his, it was almost like life was testing me.

Brad laughs and I do too.

"Sorry," I apologize.

"It was my fault. I was in the way." Brad laughs.

I put the clothes I didn't want onto a rack they had near the door and walked over to shoes.

"I recommend Nike." Brad recommends.

"Those are way to expensive." I wasn't about to let him buy me something that pricy.

"What shoe size?" Brad asks.

"Nine,"

Brad walks off and I see someone that I didn't want to see walk down the isle, coming straight towards me.