Repair (Sebastian Vettel)

By iampartofteamvettel

There's a woman who is drowning in despair as she lost the other half of her soul. Without her knowing, someo... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Everything Has Changed
Chapter 2: Unexpected Parting
Chapter 3: A New Colleague
Chapter 4: Birthday Gift
Chapter 5: Victorious Vietnam
Chapter 6: First Meeting
Chapter 7: Mysterious Woman
Chapter 8: The Rumour Begins
Chapter 9: Sweepstake
Chapter 10: Meet and Greet
Chapter 11: How To Reach Her
Chapter 12: Surprising Fact
Chapter 13: Flirt
Chapter 14: Truth Hurts
Chapter 15: Getting Familiar
Chapter 17: Double Disaster
Chapter 18: Revisit
Chapter 19: The Plan
Chapter 20: Heart To Heart
Chapter 21: Summer Time

Chapter 16: The Letter

408 13 1
By iampartofteamvettel

"What if we talk about you now? It seems like you've found someone," Magda asked Antti as she noticed that he was wearing a golden ring.

"Ah yeah, you're right," Antti replied, smiling sheepishly. "I got married last year."

"Where is she from?"

"She's an Austrian, but since we got married, we live at my house in Finland."

"So nice to know that," she nodded but then suddenly smiled miserably. "I'm really sad to see Sam like this. She should've been enjoying her beautiful life with Jonas and Florentia, their daughter."

Stefan was stroking her back gently. It was the toughest test in both of their lives as her parents. "Sam was utterly in love with Jonas, and vice versa. They knew each other when they studied at the same university. He was two years above her. I didn't know that it would end like this."

Magda added while her eyes started teary. "Maybe she can fully heal physically, but not mentally. I don't know if she still knows how to love someone after everything that happened to her."

"I'm sure that she does," Antti replied as he could feel the sadness from the couple's voices. "Maybe it will take some time, but if she feels so loved by people around her, then she can start loving someone again."

"I agree with you," Stefan nodded. "Thank you, Antti."

The door opened as Seb and Sam had been back from the front yard. Magda, Stefan, and Antti welcomed them with smiles. They could see that her face was so bright and it must be because she only talked fun things with her idol.

Stefan stood up to help Sam having her seat again between her parents. Seb also took a seat on the space where he left minutes ago before he smiled at his trainer.

"Sam is a fun person to talk to. She told me an interesting story about you both betting on who was going to win the title 10 years ago," Seb talked to Stefan.

"Oh yeah," he laughed. "As a Ferrari fan, I'm sorry, Seb, but I supported Fernando that time. But Sam was obviously on your side. If you won the title, I promised to buy her your champion t-shirt and vice versa. Some weeks after the race, I kept my promise."

"I'm sorry if I upset you that year," Seb joked.

All of them, including Stefan laughed. "No, Seb, don't worry. Huge respect for you to win your first title in a tough season."

"Thank you, Stefan." Then, Seb took the goodie bag and handed it to him. "Erm, as you know that my main purpose to come here is to give you this. I hope that you and Sam like it."

"Of course we do. Thanks a lot, Seb."

Sam also smiled, even though she didn't know if she directed her eyes to look at Seb, Antti, or neither of them. "I still can't believe that you have to give it by yourself."

"No problem, Sam. I love to make friends with people, to be honest, and I feel so welcomed here."

"By the way, will you stay here, Seb?"

"Yes, Magda, but just overnight. We should be back to Switzerland tomorrow because I'll spend my weekend in Maranello before the next race in France," he explained. "I've asked Sam if I'm allowed to visit you all again next time. But I think that I need to ask you too."

"Of course you can, Seb. It's just that we are not used to be visited by a famous person before," Stefan replied.

"I'm only an ordinary person, like you all. Please don't treat me as a special guest." Although Seb didn't want to say goodbye so early, but he thought that it was time for him and Antti to leave. "Stefan, Magda, Sam, I'm so sorry but Antti and I should go now."

"Why so soon, Seb? Please drink it first."

Seb nodded a little at Antti as he coded him to drink the juice to appreciate Magda who had served it for them.

Sam didn't know why but she suddenly felt a little sad when she heard that Seb was about to leave. "Good luck for this season, Seb. I hope that you can win your fifth title," she said even though she wasn't sure if he had finished drinking.

"Oh yeah, thank you very much, Sam. I'll fight for it."

Seb stared at her for a moment. In spite of her blindness, but her eyes were wonderful as they sparkled. Her nose shape was more or less the same as his. Then, she had perfectly proportioned lips. Her face was beautiful naturally without make-up touch.

"That's a good spirit, Seb! I'm actually sad to know that you are leaving the team, but I hope that you'll still be in F1 next year. If you decided to retire, then I don't know how Sam would cope with that."

"Papa!" she patted his thigh.

Seb and Antti laughed seeing the reaction from Sam. "Nothing can be said for now as I'm still considering about my future. But yeah, racing is my passion and has been a part of most of my life."

"We will wait for that, Seb. Hopefully there will be a great news from you," Stefan said.

"Yeah. Alright, I guess that it's time for us to go. I wish that I can visit you all again next time."

"Sure. The door is always open for you both."

Seb and Antti stood up as they were about to leave. Stefan and Magda helped Sam to get up and the five of them headed out of the house.

"Magda, Stefan, send my greeting to Florentia. Your grandchild has such a beautiful name," Seb praised.

"Oh, thank you, Seb," Magda replied as she was flattered with that.

"And Sam, don't you ever give up. You are a strong woman and you have supportive people around you, who will always pour you with love and affection."

His words really warmed her heart and her eyes were teary again. "Thank you, Seb," she whispered.

Seb and Antti shook hands with Sam and her parents before they walked to the outside. They still stood there until his Ferrari car started leaving from where it was parked.

Stefan and Magda guided Sam back to the guest room. Magda left her husband and daughter as she brought the empty glasses to the kitchen. He saw the goodie bag and took it. As he promised to Antti, he would pretend that he didn't know that there were a pair of sunglasses and a letter for Sam.

He handed the cap first to Sam. She was happy as she fingered the cap and found the number 5 logo on the upper peak. He mentioned that his autograph was right next to it. The cap itself was plain in the front, but there were two Ferrari logos on both sides.

Then, he took the Ray-ban sunglasses that were stored inside the case. "Oh Sam, there's a pair of sunglasses," he told her, pretending that he was surprised.

"Really? It must be Seb's. But why did he put it there?"

"I don't know." He also took an envelope which he believed that there was the letter inside. "And there's an envelope too."

"Envelope? What envelope?"

He opened the envelope when Magda was back to join them. "There are his autograph card and... a letter. Magda, can you please read it?"

"Sure," she replied before taking it from him. She started reading it quite loudly for Sam.

Hi, Samantha,

First of all, with this letter, I want to say that I'm so sorry for the accident that happened to you and also for the passing of your husband. My trainer, Antti, and myself got shocked when we found out about it.

Samantha, I won't say much about the cap and autograph card that the store gave you. But for the sunglasses, it was actually mine, but I decided to give it to you as I haven't worn it. At first, I didn't know the real reason why you kept wearing it when we met in Zandvoort, but now I understand.

But, I think that you don't have to hide your eyes behind your sunglasses. They are still as beautiful as they should be. I have met some fans who are blind as well, but they didn't try to hide it. They are still proud of themselves, and you should be too.

Last but not least, I want to thank you for supporting me. If you still remember what I said when I answered your question in the meet and greet, I told you that the fans mean a lot to me and I'm truly inspired and motivated by how they bounce back after facing their struggles.

Send my greeting to your parents. I will do my best to win my fifth title this season to make Tifosi, including your father, proud. See you next time, Samantha!

Best regards,

Sebastian

As expected, Sam couldn't hold the tears from her eyes. It really warmed her heart, the part when he mentioned that she shouldn't be ashamed for being blind and she didn't need to hide her eyes behind those sunglasses.

Then, she started thinking about her talks with him earlier, when he tried to convince her to undergo the surgery and she agreed half-heartedly.

But she felt that she would keep it for herself first. She didn't want her parents to feel disappointed as she had always said no to them, she had always rejected the idea, but she easily wanted to consider it when Seb was convincing her.

While, Magda and Stefan were more convinced that the letter could be a sign that Seb had a feeling for their daughter. But they were sure that it was all up to her. They thought that she needed to re-learn how to love someone so that she could move on from her sorrow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14K 235 6
When driver meets girl meets driver. Laura works as Events Manager for Red Bull Racing F1; after organising the company Christmas party her path cros...
119K 2.8K 74
⚠️ Warning, this story contains smut ⚠️ Reunited with her best friends after years apart 2021 was going to a great year, Melissa could feel it. A n...
86.3K 1.7K 40
A woman is appointed as the new press officer for a Formula 1 driver whom she admires. What's her reaction when she found out that he has a feeling f...
184K 5.9K 73
Life didn't always go the way you planned. Sebastian Vettel was proof of that. Once a world champion racing driver, he'd given up on his dreams to...