Peace Keeper ➳ Jacob Black β™‘...

By st3tl33

Elizabeth, better known as Lizzie, was a Winchester by birth but a Cullen by nature. Growing up as a Winchest... More

Character Cast (Twilight)
1. Meeting The Chief's Daughter And Her Cousin
2. Edward's Stupid Knight In Shining Armor Moment
3. Another Accidental Meeting
4. Ditching School For Jake
5. Unwanted Suspicion As Well As Out Of Town Mishaps
6. Past Trauma And Wolfy Comfort
7. Dean Has Absolutely No Tact
9. Since I'm Going To Hell
10. Trying Not To Think Is Hard
11. The Contentedness Of Jacob Black
12. Baseball Really Sucks
13. Family Reunions Suck Worse Than Baseball
14. Red Eyes, Dry Throat, And A Surprise
15. Prom Advice And A Princess Dress
16. Missing Prom To Play Hooky With Jake
17. One Secret Revealed While Another One Kept
Character Cast (New Moon)
18. Back To School
19. Accidental Loss Of Control
20. Virginia Here We Are
21. Progress Control And Setting A Date
22. Heartbreak Freaking Sucks
23. Forks Fixes All Problems
24. La Tua Cantante Is Complicated
25. Imprinting Is No Better
26. A Reminder To Never Vacation In Italy
27. Knowing Where Home Is
Character Cast (Eclipse)
28. Officially Meeting The Family
29. Wolf's Out Of The Bag Now
30. Bella's Back Is A Target
31. A Bonfire Filled With Issues
32. Acceptance And A Newborn Army Mess
33. Graduation Party With A Vision
34. Dean's Gift Is A Little Life-Threatening
35. Future Plans With Present Changes
36. Carlisle's Panic Is Real
37. The Day Before The Newborn Army
38. Jacob Becomes A Personal Heater
39. Dean's Fire Lessons Paid Off
40. An Unwanted Parental Presence

8. This Is A Bad Idea, But Oh Well

1.7K 66 4
By st3tl33

Her phone vibrated in her pocket. Lizzie didn't take notice as she answered with an exasperated 'hello' while making her way out of the school, yet again, at least this time she wasn't stopped.

"Hey Sunshine, you sound tired. I've got pizza and cake, seems like you need an energy boost. And you're favorite delivery boy is here waiting for you outside one Forks High School."

"You're my only delivery boy," Lizzie laughed, already feeling better. She practically ran when she saw Jacob standing there, albeit at a human speed, but still. Her mood wasn't irritated and gloomy anymore it was happy and he smiled.

"Hot pepperoni pizza with extra cheese and no crust, I heard it's your favorite."

"Did you now?" she joked. "Thanks, Jacob, just what the doctor ordered."

"You know you can call me Jake, right? Hey, is that your brother and Bella?" Jake asked, looking over Lizzie's shoulder.

She followed his gaze and saw Edward starting up the hill into the woods with Bella trailing quickly behind. Finally, was all she could think. Edward rarely took people's advice but when it was his sister asking, begging, and ordering he'd do the best and worst of things just to keep her at ease, no matter the cost. "Yeah, something's up with those two, I don't know. Edward's been acting weird ever since they met."

Jacob nodded absentmindedly, his eyes finding Lizzie's again. "Well, let's get going before the pizza gets cold or you faint on me from hunger."

Jacob stopped his car just after the 'welcome to Forks' sign. Neutral territory, neither the Cullens nor the Quileutes. He parked just a little off to the side right before the forest line so that any cars that came and went could get by easy enough. The two got out of the car and sat on the front hood the pizza box in the middle of them.

It was nice and quiet, and the perfect place to get away from the town the two called home without actually leaving the town itself. Also, the perfect getaway after what just happened at school. Lizzie shifted slightly so the little sun that came through the clouds could hit her bare legs. She couldn't feel the warmth but she still liked the illusion it gave her. Jacob took it as a sign she was cold and immediately took off his hoodie and covered Lizzie with it like a blanket.

She laughed slightly in appreciation. "Thanks, Jake."

He returned a smile at the sound of his nickname coming from her mouth. "You looked cold." Lizzie then watched as he took the scrunchie she gave him that day at the art shop off his wrist, he pulled his hair back and tied it up before digging into the rest of the pizza. The action made her smile, she tried to hide it but it was useless. She couldn't understand how little things Jake did always managed to make her happy, just his mere presence really but she chose to ignore it if only to hang onto the feeling as long as possible. Right now, Jake was what she needed to take her mind off of everything.

                                                                 ✦✦✦

"Okay, okay, so let me get this. It's you, Jared, Embry, Quil, and little Seth, right?"

"Yeah, that's us, the boys," Jacob gave a short laugh before taking a bite of his pizza.

"And you idiots really went ice skating in the winter on a lake that was only half frozen?"

"What? It looked safe at the time. It wasn't our fault Embry fell face first on the thin side of the lake. Jared and Quil still won't stop teasing him about it. He was frozen and sick for an entire two weeks after that. Still hasn't forgiven us for it." Jacob couldn't stop laughing.

"Neither would I! That was so mean using him like a guinea pig. Really?" Lizzie tried to scold him but ended up laughing harder than he was.

"How were we supposed to know he'd be that heavy?"

"You're friends sound completely insane, you know that?"

"I'll have to introduce you to them sometime, they'll love you. Speaking of which, Seth's been nagging me stupid about hanging out with you again, Leah too. Believe me, you've just earned the highest honor there is because Leah hates everyone."

"Everyone?"

"Everyone."

The two nearly jumped out of their skin when a bellowing sound of a siren caught their attention, then a car pulled upfront.

"Hey, Chief," Lizzie greeted as the policeman got out of the cruiser and walked up to them.

"Elizabeth, Jacob. Don't you two have classes to attend, you know, at separate schools?"

Lizzie pulled a pink slip out from her pocket and with a grin she waved it for Charlie to see. "Advanced classes had test training today, so I finished early. I'm officially off duty for the day, Chief."

"Right, Bells mentioned you barely have class with her because of that, being a genius and all. Alright, Miss Cullen, you're free to carry on. But what about you, son?"

"Rez has off days, I'm only due for class this late afternoon. Just using my spare time wisely and taking this lady out for lunch."

"Ah, well I hope she's not gonna become a bad influence." Lizzie rolled her eyes at Charlie's joke.

"One can only hope, sir," Jacob teased back getting a laugh from her.

"Okay, kids, you two have a good day then. And Jacob, don't be late for that class of yours, you got it? I'll be counting on Elizabeth to get you there on time."

"Of course, sir," Lizzie promised, even giving the Chief a playful salute as he walked away and drove off back into town.

"Seth and Leah's mom, Sue, and their cousin, Emily, made a cake for my dad's birthday yesterday. Saved you a slice after you texted that you might need a pick me up for lunch today."

"Awe, Jake, that's really sweet, thanks."

Jacob slid off the hood of the car as he revealed a small Tupperware container of chocolate cake as well as a fork. Lizzie took it from him with a smile before taking a bite and sighing at the delicious taste. Not many things still tasted as great as they did when she was human, but this was the best dessert she'd had in probably half a decade.

"Wow, this is amazing."

Jacob moved from where he was leaning against the car to being right in front of Lizzie, placing his hands on either side of her legs on the hood. She stared at his puppy dog eyes and smiled before lifting her hand with the fork to offer him a piece of the cake. Putting most of his weight on one hand he used his other to guide Lizzie's own to his mouth to take a bite. The action would have made her go red in the face from blushing if she were human, but thankfully she wasn't. Jake made her nervous, Lizzie never got nervous. While she carried on eating, he told her more stories about La Push and his group of idiotic friends, she laughed and he smiled.

"So, I'm guessing the cake was good." Jacob watched Lizzie as she put the Tupperware container down next to her.

"Mmm, it was great. You really need to thank Sue and Emily for me. God, the rez is probably the best part about Forks."

"I can see my dad slowly warming up to you. Maybe he can help me make an exception for you."

"That's nice, really. But our families... it wouldn't work," Lizzie told him. She really liked the idea of it but knew the reality was not as great. The elders were strict about the treaty and the Cullens worked so hard to abide by it just to live in peace. But she couldn't just shoot Jake down, not when he had no idea why their families couldn't get along in the first place.

"We don't know that until we try," he tried to persuade her. Lizzie agreed with a small nod if only to drop the subject and appease him. Jacob pulled back slightly until their gazes locked once more and all his weight was shifted to his hands that were still against the hood of the car.

"Hey, Lizzie... "

"Yes, Jake?"

"Will you let me try something?" Jacob asked, slowly leaning in with each second that passed in silence until their lips were just a brush apart. "You only get one warning."

Jacob waited a moment as his eyes drifted over her face, but Lizzie made no move to pull away, instead, she was the one to meet her lips with his. It was soft and gentle only lasting a second before Jacob pulled back grinning. Lizzie smiled in response as she slid off the hood of the car and brought her arms up to his neck, Jacob's own wrapping around her waist. They leaned forward and kissed again this kiss longer than the last.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.1K 1K 14
Amy Swan, older sister by one year of Bella Swan. Half sister, but guess who her mother is? She was a powerful witch and a Bennett witch who was the...
2.1K 57 7
Set after Breaking Dawn and during The Vampire Diaries season 7, although I've played around with the timeline a little. What if Bella's name had nev...
72.2K 1.3K 30
I always hated the part in Twilight where the wolves imprint on children so I decided to write an alternate version where that just doesn't happen. I...
880K 27K 48
B O O K O N E ; Christina Swan was the older sister to the infamous Bella Swan. The twenty-one year old was the reason that the two sisters were mov...