The Dancing Girl in The Paint...

By Misty4CS

They met at the new year eve masquerade ball in London. They ran, they danced, and they almost kissed. She le... More

Chapter 1: The Masquerade Ball
Chapter 2: The Old Man
Chapter 3: The Painting
Chapter 4: New Role
Chapter 5: "The Little Thief"
Chapter 6: She's Unhealthy
Chapter 7: The Fight
Chapter 8: Knew About Her More
Chapter 9: I'm Sorry
Chapter 10: Not Staying Late
Chapter 11: It's Just A Chocolate
Chapter 12: First-Name Basis
Chapter 13: Little Did She Know
Chapter 14: Unprofessional
Chapter 15: Popular With Girls
Chapter 16: Days Off
Chapter 17: We Should Not
Chapter 18: Not The Same At All
Chapter 19: Missed Talking To Her
Chapter 20: Missed Her?
Chapter 21: Jealous. Astonished
Chapter 22: Feeling Happy, Feeling Fluffy
Chapter 23: Felt Bad
Chapter 24: She Intrigued Me
Chapter 25: Your Girl?
Chapter 26: Went After Her
Chapter 27: Further Thoughts
Chapter 28: Low-key Loving
Chapter 29: Targeted
Chapter 30: All Smiles
Chapter 31: Delilah
Chapter 32: Taken Care Of
Chapter 33: Fall For Her
Chapter 34: Another Side
Chapter 35: Acting Strange
Chapter 36: Camila...Delilah (Where's She?)
Chapter 37: I Missed You
Chapter 38: The Same Reason
Chapter 39: Kissing You
Chapter 40: Special to Me
Chapter 41: It's The End
Chapter 42: Sing Her To Sleep
Chapter 43: "Fish and Chips" (She's so Whipped)
Chapter 44: Asked Her Out
Chapter 45: Surprises?
Chapter 46: Friends With Benefit?
Chapter 47: Chose to Trust
Chapter 48: Falling Deeper
Chapter 49: First Date
Chapter 50: Only One Date
Chapter 51: Pillow Talk (When It Started)
Chapter 52:Pillow Talk (Be Stupid Together)
Chapter 53: Possesive Feeling
Chapter 54: Think About Me, Not Them
Chapter 55: We're Together
Chapter 56: Compatibility
Chapter 57: Safe At Home, Belonged to Each Other
Chapter 58: Mine, Alone
Chapter 59: To See Her Dance Again
Chapter 60: The Best
Chapter 61: Old Crush
Chapter 62: Jealousy
Chapter 63: Jealous Camila
Chapter 64: Not Telling The Truth
Chapter 65: Felt Distant
Chapter 66: Survived
Chapter 68: Valentine's Day
Chapter 69: Reconnected
Chapter 70: Old Picture
Chapter 71: Birthday
Chapter 72: Surpised Her
Chapter 73: A Week Later
Chapter 74: Let Her Go
Chapter 75: Delilah (2)
Chapter 76: Bidding Battle
Chapter 77: Suspiciously Strange.
Chapter 78: Meeting Emma
Chapter 79: Puzzle in Mind
Chapter 80: Who's Lucy?
Chapter 81: Meeting Lucy
Chapter 82: Meeting Mr. Solomon
Chapter 83: A Choice
Chapter 84: Javier's Exposed
Chapter 85: Visiting New York
Chapter 86: The Half-Sisters
Chapter 87: The Trial Weeks
Chapter 88: The Party & The Past
Chapter 89: Start Again
Chapter 90: Be Your Best
Chapter 91: Sealed The Deal
Chapter 92: My way Equalled Her Way
Chapter 93: Marry Me, Dance With Me?
Epilogue

Chapter 67: Christmas Love

1.1K 64 29
By Misty4CS

Narrator's POV

It was Christmas dinner time. Camila was happy to see everybody. They dressed up with a Christmas dress code. She was happy as Sofia looked happy and enjoyed the dinner. Her smile could not get any bigger when Ally, Dinah, Normani, and Hailee walked into the dining room. They wanted to see Camila and gave her a surprise. It was Lauren's idea.  Before the dinner started, she thanked everyone for being by her side during this time. They replied to Camila with joys and fun as they wanted to make their Christmas full of joy and love. 

It was not too many people, but enough to make a Christmas dinner warm and full of laughter. There were children and grandchildren from Mr. and Mrs. Harris besides Jason, Peter, Alice, and three other staff. They would leave after the dinner and only Jason, Peter, and Alice would stay as they never left the Cabellos unless when they had emergency cases or had their annual leaves. However, Camila wanted everyone to stay a night. 

After the dinner, they continued the Christmas evening in the living room where the Christmas tree was. They sang and joked as a family would do. Camila did not talk much as usual, but she would comment on things. Camila smiled when she looked at everyone. They looked happy and it made her happy.  She also sent Christmas dinner to her securities who were on duty on the front gate to the Cabello land. It reminded her of when her parents were still alive. They would invite those who did not go home for Christmas to have dinner with them. They would prepare them presents as well. Camila learned from her parents how to treat the people who worked for them, especially her father. 

It was ten-thirty and Camila was feeling tired. She excused herself but she asked them to continue the party. Ally, Dinah, Normani, and Hailee left after Camila decided to end the night. Lauren always enjoyed a party and gathering with people, but tonight she wanted to spend time with Camila. Sofia was sleepy as well so she went to bed before midnight as the others were still chatting and drinking in the living room.

.

Lauren and Camila had settled in the bed. "Is it okay?" She asked Camila when she helped Camila to lie down in a comfortable position.

"Yeah, " Camila said.

"Do you want me to play a song or Christmas song?" Lauren asked.

"Yes, if you want to," Camila looked a Lauren.

Camila was replaying in her mind how caring and thoughtful Lauren was. Lauren always made sure that Camila was fine and comfortable. She always paid attention to her needs including little things such as Lauren would ask if the water was too hot or too cold when she prepared her a bath. She also would put toothpaste on her toothbrush to make things easier. She was so patient and caring. Camila felt loved and grateful for her existence. Lauren did not show any sign of tiredness, boredom, impatience, or unwillingness when she was taking care of her. Lauren did all the things wholeheartedly. 

They usually would hug in a spooning position or Camila would side hug Lauren when they slept, but not tonight or some nights ahead. Since Camila could not do it, Lauren just put her hand on Camila's stomach and caress her.

"Thank you!" Camila said.

"Love you!" Lauren replied.

Camila played with Lauren's hand which was caressing her. She wondered if Lauren missed making love to her as she did. "Do you miss me?" She asked.

Lauren propped up on her elbow looking at Camila, "Yeah... but it's okay, as long as you're good."

Camila smiled, "Sofia looked happy."

"Yes, and you?" Lauren did not stop caressing Camila's belly and hand.

"Yeah, thank you!" Camila took Lauren's hand and kissed it.

Lauren got closer and kissed Camila, "Is it okay?" She wanted to kiss her but she wanted to make sure she was good.

"Yeah... don't stop," Camila said. They kissed. 

They continued kissing gently and slowly. They would stop for a break and look at each other smiling. "I love you," Lauren said.

"You do?" Camila teased Lauren.

"I do... to the moon and back." Lauren gave Camila her gentlest smile and most caring look, "or to the Pluto..." she joked.

"Don't be too far... stay here with me," Camila chuckled.

Lauren smiled, "I love you, and I'll always love you, Camz..." They kissed again.

"Are you excited?" Camila asked Lauren when they took a break from their kissing. She meant if Lauren was turned on by their kissing.

"Yeah..."

"We should stop then. I can't help you."

"It's fine. We can continue unless you really want to stop."

"No..." Camila said.

"Okay..." They kissed again.

"How's your rally?" Camila asked Lauren. This whole week was all about Camila. Camila wanted to ask Lauren how she was doing.

"It's good."

"And...?" Camila wanted Lauren to tell her more.

"I'll take a break," Lauren said.

"What do you mean?" Camila frowned. 

"I will skip the winter race. I'll start again in Spring."

"Why?" Camila was shocked in disagreement. 

Lauren smiled, "it's good to have a break." Lauren just wanted to spend her time with Camila. She decided to take a break as Camila was injured.

"Is it because of me?" Camila was saddened.

"Camz, I just want to spend time with you."

"I'm fine. Don't stop because of me." Camila disagreed that she stopped even only for a break. She knew how much Lauren loved rally.

"Babe, I don't stop. It's just a break." Lauren said.

"Lern..." Camila sighed.

"It's okay... don't worry about that yeah?" Lauren said again. It was not what she wished for, but she did not regret it at all. 

"Lern... I am fine. I have everyone here to help me. It's not that I am not happy having you. But you should not stop. You should do what you love. It's something that you love."

"Yes, it's true... but I love you more." Lauren smiled. 

"Lauren..." Camila was a bit frustrated, "You should take care of yourself, too. Doing what you love is loving yourself." Camila said.

"Yes, I agree, but for now, spending time with you is more important and urgent than the rally, or any other things. You're injured and I want to be with you. The rally can wait. I'll have many times later."

"We never know," Camila said. She meant that we never knew how much time was left in our lives just like she could have died from the shot.

"Camz... even I will not have time anymore. I won't regret it that I chose to spend time with you than the rally." Lauren convinced her further.

"..." Camila looked at Lauren. Her heart was weak for her.

"Don't worry about that okay, and please get well soon. So we can make love." Lauren joked but she meant it. "That's more important. I am loved when we make love."

Camila's serious face was gone. She chuckled and hit Lauren playfully, "Okay..." they kissed again until Camila was sleepy.

.

The next morning, Sofia was looking forward to opening the Christmas present. When she woke up, she ran to her sister's room. Lauren had woken up an hour ago. She was the one who opened the door for Sofia.

"Kaki..." she called her gently. Camila slowly opened her eyes, "Kaki, Merry Christmas!" She loved Christmas.

Camila instantly smiled when she saw her sister's happy face, "Merry Christmas, Sofi!"

Lauren was sitting by the end of the bed looking at them. Camila looked at Lauren smiling.

"Good morning!" Lauren greeted her.

"Morning!" Camila looked at Sofia, "Did Santa stop by?" She asked Sofia.

"Yes... there are presents under the tree..." Sofia said. She knew it was not real Santa, but she just wanted to have fun. 

Lauren chuckled.

"Do you want to go and check your present now?" Camila asked.

"Yes!!" Sofia said jumping excitedly.

"Okay... let me use the bathroom first," Camila slowly got up. Lauren got closer to make sure she was fine. She helped Camila to refresh in the bathroom.

They went downstairs to the Christmas tree to open the presents. It was not only Camila, Lauren, and Sofia. Everyone was there. Breakfast also had been prepared in the living room where the Christmas tree was. Sofia was the most excited one. Camila had prepared presents for everyone with Lauren's help. They enjoyed their Christmas morning together before some of the staff including the Harriss left for heading back to their homes to celebrate with their loved ones, except Jason, Peter, and Alice.

When they left, Lauren and Sofia went outside to build a snowman. Camila was sitting inside looking at them through the window. It was such a shame that she could not join them, but she was happy seeing Sofia full of joy. Lauren had brought light to their home. It was not only her smile that Lauren brought back but also Sofia's laughter. It did not cross her mind that she would have a Christmas with a smile on her face anymore but she did because of Lauren. She was content and she felt loved this Christmas. 

Lauren ran to Camila and she asked Camila to open the window. Camila did and Lauren climbed up a little bit. "Lauren, be careful!" Camila warned her.

She brought a full hand of snow. She pinched the snow a little and put it on Camila's nose. "Snow White... White Snow... My Snow White," Sofia laughed looking at Lauren being playful with Camila. Camila laughed as well. "Lauren..." Lauren smiled broadly when she saw Camila smiling. Lauren kissed Camila's head and took a picture with her before she went back to build the snowman. 

Jason and Peter joined them to build the snowman. While Camila and Alice were inside looking at them. They tried to build a big snowman. It took them more than needed time to build one, as they were being playful, throwing snow, running, laughing, and fooling each other. The three adults turned into kids to entertain the real kid, Sofia. When the snowman was finished. They took a picture. They also asked Camila and Alice to join them. After taking the picture, they went inside the house. Camila, Lauren, and Sofia spent the rest of the day, watching Christmas movies, eating cookies, and sleeping.

Christmas was spent well. Camila was happy that Sofia enjoyed Christmas.

"Thank you!" Camila told Lauren when they were in bed and ready to end the Christmas day. Lauren looked at Camila, "for making our Christmas beautiful. Sofia is so happy." Camila said.

"My pleasure, I am happy, too." Lauren said, "and Thank you for the present." Lauren said. Camila gave her a necklace.

"It's a simple one," Camila said, but it was not simple at all. It was a necklace with a pendant written their initials, C & L.

"I gave you something simpler." Lauren knew Camila would give her something more expensive. She tried her best but still, she would never give something fancier than Camila would give her since Camila was way wealthier.

"Lauren... it's not about how expensive it is." Camila said, "It will never be about the price. It's about the effort you put in and how much you love me."

Lauren pursed her lips. She knew that Camila would never see it that way. "Yeah... thank you!"

Camila caressed Lauren's face, "It's lovely. Did you order it?"

"Yes..." Lauren had ordered it since last month. It was custom-made. It was a bracelet with seven little charms: moon, sun, musical note, dancing girl, dog, banana, and green eyes. It was all the things that Camila loved.

"I love it..." Camila's eyes were shining just like when she opened the present. 

"Yeah?"

"Yes..." they kissed but not for long.

"Let's sleep yeah... you have been staying late these two days. The nurse will come tomorrow morning" Lauren wanted Camila to have a good rest. She was still in recovery.

"Okay..."

Lauren kissed Camila one more time, "Sweet dreams, baby! Love you..."

"Love you, too."

Camila enjoyed the affection and cares that Lauren showering her, but she was a little bit confused. When Lauren returned to the office two weeks ago, she was so into the work. They did not talk much and she felt distant grew between them. When they had lunch or spent time together, Lauren would talk about the rally and it seemed all she cared about was her rally. Lauren even left early morning for the rally before Camila woke up. 

Now, it was the other way around. Lauren did not care about the rally at all. She decided to take a break and wanted to spend time with Camila. Camila was grateful for that, but on the other hand, she was a little bit confused and she wanted Lauren to do what she loved as well, not only spending her time and dedicated her time to Camila only. She felt bad for doubting Lauren about their relationship. However, Somehow loving someone dearly and being committed to a relationship earnestly could be two separate things. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

186K 5.3K 21
You and Ally are bestfriends for life. You were head over heels for her. You were about to confess to her but your cousin, Troy, beat you to it.
226K 5.1K 44
their world was built on sex, love and lies. she came with an intoxication that wasn't seen before, consuming her and demanding her. Lauren seemed t...
11.8K 314 11
When Lauren Jauregui auditioned for The X Factor, she saw this really pretty girl. Lauren could only see her from a distance, but she could already t...
63.3K 1.5K 4
Camila and Lauren love each other but don't know how to deal with it (mostly Lauren though). Best friends to lovers AU ...