May we meet again // Amelia S...

By ElinaShak

Y/N is a pediatric surgeon working in a hospital in New York. After her sister's death, she quits her job and... More

Author's note
I'm officially obsessed
Unsteady
Realization
Strangers
Like what you see?
Forgiveness
Pulling a Monica
A human being needs the one
The ruined date
One question left
Saving a life
May we meet again
Happy together
The one
Storm
I believe you
It won't be your last
Special name
It tears families apart
Our story
Author's note
Author's note

It was love

2K 65 5
By ElinaShak

TW: surgery, blood, mention of addiction

Also, I would really appreciate if you give some feedback on my last announcement, it's really important for me <3

Thank you for 600 loves!
________________

Amelia's POV

I woke up realizing I was sleeping on Y/N's lap, her feet were on the floor which I'm sure wasn't a very comfortable position. Her hand was laying on my shoulder and that little contact made me feel so good for no reason.

I carefully sat up and looked at her, she was sleeping so peacefully and she was so beautiful, one lock of her hair fell on the right side of her face, her chest was lightly rising with every breath she took. She was still in the same clothes she wore yesterday and still with heels on.

The hand that was on my shoulder had dried blood on the knuckles. She didn't even bother to clean it while worrying about me. I got up and looked in the mirror. My face was a mess after those 2 days but I felt better today. I glanced at Y/N again. That's because of her. I smiled. I needed to do something for her. I brushed my hair and teeth and quietly left the room to get us coffee and something to eat.

I remembered about the coffee shop they had on the first floor and found it pretty fast.

"Good morning, what can I get you?" a woman said with a smile.

"Hi, two iced coffees and 2 croissants," I said showing her 2 fingers.

"Right away," she started to make my order and I decided to call Bailey.

"Dr. Shepherd, how are you feeling?" she asked as soon as she picked up.

"Better but I think I should stay home for one more day," I said.

"Fine, but if we need neuro I won't care," she stated.

"Yeah and I wanted to ask, can Y/N take a day off today too? I know she just started working but-."

"She doesn't have surgeries today so okay, but again if I need her," she was stern.

"Sure, she'll be there in that case," I smiled, "thank you."

"Your coffee," said a woman handing me two to-go cups, "and your croissants. Have a good day."

"You too," I smiled and took them heading to the room.

When I got back Y/N was still sleeping in the same position and that lock of hair was still there. I put everything I bought on the table and laid next to her gently removing it from her face. She quietly whimpered.

"You're here," she whispered and smiled a little opening her eyes. She was so angelic under morning sunrays.

But can you feel this magic in the air?
It must have been the way you kissed me
Fell in love when I saw you standing there
It must have been the way
Today was a fairytale

"I'm here," I said kissing her nose, "and I bought coffee."

"Coffee?" she quickly sat up and her eyes fully opened which made me laugh, "aw you bought my favorite."

I wrapped my arms around her waist from behind laying my head on her shoulder, "Thank you," I whispered. She started to bring her hand to mine but stopped.

"Damn," she straightened her hand forward and looked at her knuckles.

"We need to talk about it, baby, when you're ready," I said and kissed her cheek.

"I know," she muttered and turned around to look me in the eyes, "I'm glad you're okay," she cupped my face in her small warm hands and placed a soft kiss on my forehead before going to the bathroom.

"By the way forgot to say, we have a day off today," I said opening the door to the bathroom.

"Got it," she murmured brushing her teeth. She spat out the remnants of the toothpaste and pulled me in for a kiss. Her soft lips perfectly connected with mine like it was meant to be, her arms tightly wrapped around my waist like she was scared to fall and her head was tilted a little because I was 2 inches higher than her.

"Let's drink coffee," I said breaking the kiss.

We came back to the room, Y/N quickly changed into shorts and an oversized T-shirt and sat next to me on the bed.

"Are you okay?" I asked. That was a pretty weird question considering I was the one who almost got high yesterday but she went through a lot the last two days too and tried to play it cool for me, tried to seem strong and aware of everything. But that wasn't true. She had no idea what she was doing. And her forearm and her knuckles were just the proof.

"I'm okay," she smiled at me but instantly lower her eyes.

"Talk to me, please," I moved a little closer to her.

"I- I guess I'm just tired, too much happened and I was so worried and so nervous all the time..." she raised her eyes on me, "and I had absolutely no control over all this... um," she chuckled, "and I didn't know what to say to make you feel worthy and better and stronger... and I was constantly scared that I would say something wrong and it would make it all worse."

"You did everything right," I took her free hand, "and I'm here, sober and okay, thanks to you. I'm sorry that I scared you."

"I saw Meredith yesterday," she said weakly smiling, "she's going to be okay."

Those words were like a fire in my chest immediately melting my heart. I brought her hand to my lips and carefully kissed her injured knuckles.

Today was a fairytale
You've got a smile that takes me to another planet
Every move you make everything you say is right
Today was a fairytale

"How about a movie?" I asked.

"Only if we watch 'Just go with it'," her eyes started to glow from the thought of watching it and I gave her a sly look, "don't look at me like that, Jennifer Aniston is the best woman alive... well after you and me," she laughed. The sound of her laugh made me smile, it was so melodic and comforting and I would listen to it for the rest of my life without getting bored.

"Fine," I whispered kissing her lips. It was quick like we didn't have to make it deep to show how we felt. And the whole bunch of endorphins was released in my brain.

She turned the movie on and crawled into my embrace. I saw it so many times but watching it now with her was like I'd never seen it before.

"I love when that girl is trying to speak British accent," she laughed.

"Yeah," I said kissing her head.

"Amelia?" she whispered still looking at the screen but apparently not watching the movie anymore.

"What is it?"

"I still have the third question left from when we were playing, I didn't use it," she muttered.

"You want me to ask something?"

She pulled out of my arms and looked me in the eyes, "Yes... I want to ask you to come to me whenever you feel on the edge again, night or day, it doesn't matter, even if we aren't talking, I will always be here for you."

"Okay," I mouthed and she wrapped her arms around me throwing her leg over to sit on my lap. At that moment everything came into its place. Everything she gave me was pure, unselfish, free. And it had nothing to do with her kindness, her politeness, or anything else. It was love. And I felt it in every touch she was giving me and every word she said. Maybe our story should be called "how to fall in love in 10 days" because that was exactly what I did. I fell for her. And I would do it again and again.

Today was a fairytale
All that I can say
Is now it's getting so much clearer
Nothing made sense 'til the time I saw your face
Today was a fairytale

"Thank you," she mumbled burying deeper in my neck. I stroked her back and smiled down my breath.

"Movie," she turned around returning her attention to the screen, "no, we've missed Jen in a swimming suit," she whimpered and I rewound it for a couple of minutes back.

"Yes," she said holding out the letter 'S' like she was a snake, "she's so freaking hot." Oh sunshine, this is where you're totally wrong. You're hotter than all hot women together.

The movie ends but we were still cuddling without any desire to let go.

"You know what's funny," she said smiling, "I hate when people touch me and I really try to avoid any physical contact with them only if it's not my patients, but with you... I feel so good in your embrace."

"I feel good in yours too," I pulled her closer to me and closed my eyes. It was the feeling of complete happiness.

Time slows down
Whenever you're around
I can feel my heart
It's beating in my chest
Did you feel it?
I can't put this down

Our phones buzzed forcing us to break the contact.

"Shit," she mumbled and got out of bed heading to her closet.

"I guess no days off for us," I murmured putting on my boot heels, "Oh I don't know where are my car keys."

"I have them," she said putting her jeans on.

"Why?"

"I didn't want you to drive yesterday, how could I know what ideas you would come up with, " she stated, "Okay, I'm ready."

She thought that through huh. And it meant a lot to me that she cared so much that she even thought about driving.

"Let's go then," I said taking her hand and we ran outside.

I drove the car as fast as possible and finally parked it in the parking lot.

"What do we got?" Y/N asked when we entered the ER.

Back to Y/N's POV

"3 teenagers, stole the car from one of their parents and crashed into the tree," the intern said, "Dr. Bailey said you have to go to the 3rd kid, Samuel Moore, 14 years old, has a metal stick in his abdomen."

"Book an OR," I commanded and ran to the boy, "Hey, Samuel," I said putting the gown on along with medical gloves.

"Where are my parents," he whimpered.

"Your parents are on their way, they should be here soon," I said.

"I'm sorry, it was my idea, they're gonna kill me," he mumbled.

"They won't kill you, I'm sure they love you so much. Now we need to get you to the surgery," I stated.

"Okay," he sighed heavily.

The interns took him to the OR, I quickly changed into scrubs and prepped for surgery. He was already sleeping from anesthesia.

"So we're together," Owen said.

"I guess we're. On my count, we're gonna remove that," I stated, "1,2,3."

The blood was pouring out of him fast and I tried to find the source.

"It won't stop," I said to Owen.

"I found it," he yelled and gripped the wound.

"Good," I sighed, "10-blade."

I made a cut and started to stitch the wound but every time I finished the stitch, it opened and bled again.

"PP is dropping," the nurse said.

"Damn it," I whispered through my teeth, "Oh no, we lost the heartbeat."

"Charge 200," Owen said taking the defibrillator, "clean."

The boy's chest raised and fell back.

"200 again," Owen yelled.

And once again it raised.

"We have a heartbeat," I let out a sigh.

The rest of the surgery went better than the first part, the bleeding soon stopped and we closed him. I took off my mask and exited the OR.

"It was great working with you," Owen smiled taking off his.

"Well thank you, you too," I said and found my phone dialing a number.

"I just saved a 14-year-old boy," I said.

"Congrats, monkey," Torres's voice was soft and comforting, and so far away.

"I miss you," I muttered.

"Well, then you should visit me," I heard a smile in her voice, "maybe bring Amelia with you."

"I'll think about it," I mumbled.

"I haven't heard from you for the last few days, everything's okay?"

"Yeah, everything's good, so much happened..."

And I started to tell her everything from the hospital in Germany and to the case with Meredith not including the part that Amelia relapsed and almost got high. It wasn't my place to tell.

"Wow, now you're definitely the part of the Grey Sloan, there always happens so much," she chuckled.

"Thanks, I guess?" I laughed.

"I have to go, monkey, love you," she said.

"Love you too, Torres," I smiled and hung up heading to the attending's break room to change back into my clothes.

The part of the Grey Sloan, I like it.

"Hey you," I heard Amelia when I entered the room.

"Hey," I smiled.

"How's the surgery?"

"Agh, don't ask, but the boy is okay," I groaned.

"Mine too," she came closer to me and pulled me in her arms, "I was thinking, maybe we should celebrate it, go somewhere, what do you think?"

"Now we're talking," I smiled and quickly kissed her lips.

But can you feel this magic in the air?
It must have been the way you kissed me
Fell in love when I saw you standing there
It must have been the way
Today was a fairytale
It must have been the way
Today was a fairytale

________________

Don't mind the surgery part, I have no idea how our body works in those situations. Aperrently 17 seasons aren't enough to be a surgeon and know everything about your body.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

820K 27.6K 37
- 𝐒𝐋𝐎𝐖 𝐔𝐏𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐒 - ❝ can you stop with the compliments? ❞ ❝ never. ❞ ❝ maybe dreams are meant to just stay as that, dreams. ❞ ❝ n...
84.9K 2.4K 67
Arizona has 2 daughter's and a son, all with her previous wife, Callie. Callie has moved to New York, leaving Arizona in Seattle. She meets neurosurg...
23.3K 315 16
so this starts off by Derek choosing Addison over Meredith.A lot of tragic things happen to meredith which makes derek realize he loves her but never...
40.9K 958 46
Single parent Meredith Grey from Seattle meets divorced parent Derek Shepherd from NYC. When a tragedy happens, Derek moves his children to Seattle...