The Shrewd Wolves (H&HP Serie...

By shruthii

"You don't want a mate and neither do I. So for the sake of our wolves, let's just complete the mating proces... More

Description
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Epilogue

Chapter 20

49.5K 1.6K 315
By shruthii

Hey There,

Chapter 20 is here and it is dedicated to @Thewritingalien :D

Darya’s wolf pic on the side>>>

MAJORITY OF YOU ALL PICKED BLACK AND WHITE COVER LAST WEEK AND I MIGHT CHANGE INTO IT FOR SOMETIME.

****

“Everything in the universe has a rhythm, everything dances. ” 
― Maya Angelou

DARYA P.O.V

“Oh” I said after hearing Quillon’s explanation.

He nodded. If it weren’t for the gravity in his eyes and tone, I would have laughed. But he was dead serious about the dancing part as well as barging into the station to kill that offender.

“You didn’t ask me to dance” I reminded.

“Why ask when I already know the answer?” he said smoothly.

“So arrogant” I whispered shaking my head and he smiled, a genuine smile from Quillon that had my heart thumping wildly. “I can still say no” I pointed out and he shot me a ‘really’ kind of look.

He was right! I am not going to say no because I wanted this too. My wolf wanted to be close to him especially after hearing Leah’s crude remarks.

“Do you know to dance?” I asked narrowing my eyes.

We were both facing each other, but there was an arm length gap between us.

“I know” Quillon said and my eyes widened in surprise. “It was a part of co-curricular activities in my school.”

“They taught you tango in school?”

“And many other ballroom dances” he added smoothly.

“Who was your partner?”

“I forgot her name” he replied with a shrug. “Do you know tango?”

“I am a trained dancer honey. Do you think you can keep up with me?” I asked sweetly.

“Don’t. Call me that.” was his reply and I giggled.

“Okay. Do you want to lead or follow?”

“Lead”

“Expected” I sighed and Quillon narrowed his eyes, but didn’t comment anything else. Instead, he held my hand and pulled me towards his body. I gasped in surprise and the total philistine smirked. Sucking in a breath, I straightened my spine and lifted my chin. Once my eyes locked with his dark ones, I was lost. After that I let him guide me around the dance floor.

Quillon was the first one to move to the slow rhythm of the music, using the basic steps and I quickly followed his lead. When he placed his left feet forward, I placed my right feet backwards. I kept mirroring his moves until the music went to a fast pace. That’s when Quillon lifted me in his arms and twirled a few times, before gently helping me get on my feet as the pace of the music slowed down.

Tingles spread across my skin when he would touch me. Be it just while embracing or while he placed a loose but firm hand on my hips or while he held my hands or sometimes when he just looked at me. I was so aware of his every single touch that breathing was a challenge, most of the times.

Our bodies moved together as we glided around the dance floor. Quillon was good. He was really good at this because he moved confidently, seductively to every beat while he kept leading me around the dance floor.

My wolf closed her eyes and I did the same, when all of a sudden, Quillon pulled me close to his chest so that we were pressed chest-to-chest and our breaths mingling sensuously. I could feel his heart banging in his chest the same way mine did. And just like that, Quillon twirled me so that my back was pressed against his chest, while he slowly slid his hands around until they rested on my waist.

My chest heaved up and down, while I felt his hot breath near my ears. Goosebumps appeared on my skin and my lips parted slightly. The music was back to slow pace and Quillon held my hand, while I twirled and faced him. He placed a hand lightly below my shoulder blades, while I wrapped an arm around his neck. Our eyes clashed for a brief second or two, and that had my wolf purr like a wild cat, deep in my chest. I was thankful the sound wasn’t audible.

I was really glad we were the only two people in this hall because what we were doing was not dancing. It was deeply intimate and publicly improper.

The music was in a slow pace now and hence I kept mirroring his moves again. When the music was fast, he would lift me so that I could spin like a fan. And then once again, the music slowed down. Slowly, I arched backwards and shivered when I felt Quillon’s breath against my chest.  

It took both of us a while to realize that the music had stopped. Quillon slowly stood straight and I followed suit. We were standing chest-to-chest and there wasn’t even an inch of space between us. My arm was wrapped around his shoulder and his was resting firmly on my waist. Our foreheads were pressed against each other while I was clinging to him, struggling to breathe normally.  The sensuous heat between our bodies did nothing to calm my racing nerves. 

When I opened my eyes I first saw his lips that were parted slightly. I swallowed audibly and took deep breaths to calm my rapidly beating heart. Nervously, I forced my eyes to lift up to his dark ones and color framed my cheeks when I saw that he was already looking at me.

Letting out a husky growl from his throat, Quillon pressed his lips against mine but quickly pulled away just as soon. My wolf whimpered and I actually felt my heart crack a little. Before I could react any further Quillon groaned and wiped my lipstick off with his thumb. I stared at him with wide eyes, while my wolf heaved a sigh.

Long fingers meshed my hair before Quillon lowered his head and captured my mouth with his. The kiss was hard and hotter than flames. I tipped my head back and tasted him. He was sweet, seductive and dangerous… oh yes! Very, very dangerous.

Quillon pressed me closer to his body and I gasped. He used that opportunity to delve his tongue into my mouth while I shuddered with pleasure. My wolf closed her eyes, just like me, and enjoyed what he was making us feel. There was not a single part of my body that wasn’t touching his.

With my fingers, I tightly gripped the fabric of his shirt when we pulled away for air. Blinking dazedly, I stared at Quillon and found that his eyes were as dark as night. There was a swift movement and the next thing I know, I was trapped between a counter and Quilon’s hard body.

I snatched in a breath and took in his strong, masculine scent.

“Mine” Quillon growled before pressing his lips against my mouth. My wolf yipped excitedly because she loved that declaration. It made her feel confident.

Quillon pulled away and then trailed hot, seductive kisses on my neck. My head fell against the counter table while Quillon kissed and sucked down on my neck. I gasped in pleasure when he did that. Quillon growled again and I felt his chest rumble against my body. It made me feel giddy.

While he continued trailing kisses on my collar bone, his other hand travelled downwards and stopped when they reached the hem of my dress. Slowly, he started pushing my dress upwards and I moaned and pressed myself closer to him. I captured a fistful of his black, curly hair while Quillon trailed wet kisses on my chest.

His expertise mouth trailed upwards and found my mouth again. I clasped his shoulders while his lips savaged mine. His tongue hot and sweet probed into my mouth. His hot kisses then moved down my neck. At one point, I even bit my bottom lip to stop the moan that had threatened to escape from my mouth. Every part of my body was aware of the heat between us.

I loved what he was making me feel at the moment. Wrapped in his arms, I forgot myself and only knew that I didn’t want him to stop. My heart jumped just like a fish out of water when I felt Quillon’s raise of interest down there. My wolf howled proudly and color in my cheeks went far down to my chest.

While Quillon was kissing my neck, I felt his sharp canine’s grazing the skin there. But I was too damn lost in this new, wonderful sensations to even consider what he was about to do.

Time froze and I gasped in pleasure, when that very canine’s dug into my neck. My wolf moaned and closed her eyes.

My eyes flew open when there was a loud, boisterous roar of a thunder while Quillon sunk his tooth deeper into my flesh.

No!

I gasped once again in shock and pushed Quillon off me. But it was too late to stop. I could feel my own blood trailing down my chest.

Quillon growled murderously and glared at me, but then his eyes softened when he saw my shaken face. Dark blood framed his cheekbones the moment his eyes drifted towards my neck, where his mark lay proudly. Slowly, his eyes drifted towards mine and he just stared at me with a poker face.

My lips were still parted in surprised and I closed them when a choky sob got caught in my throat.

What did I do?

My eyes were already brimming with tears and my whole body was trembling in panic.

“Darya” Quillon called gently. He had just taken a step towards me, when I ran out of the room. 

While I was running in the long corridor, I spotted a closed window. Without thinking twice, I rushed towards it and hurled myself over the window.

The window glass broke into hundreds of tiny pieces and cut my skin, while I jumped out and shifted into my wolf.

Once I was on my fours, I shook my body dusting off the glass pieces that were still pricking my skin. Not only was it raining heavily, but the trees around would move to and froth due to the powerful gush of wind.

There was no one around, when I took off. I didn’t know the way but I was just running where my legs were taking me. I wanted to go away.

Away from Quillon.

My paws dug into the muddy surface of the earth, while I raced between the trees.

How could I let him mark me?

I ran and ran and ran. To make sure no one follows me, I even blocked my route with branches of various trees. I just wanted to be alone.

How could I do this?

At one place, I stopped and gave a loud painful howl, before once again taking off into the dark, deep woods.

It was almost fifteen minutes later that I stopped.

I stopped because I had reached the lake. It is the same place where I met Quillon for the first time. Folding my legs, I sat under a tree near the lake. There was another rumble of thunder in the sky and I wondered why was it raining in winter?

How could I let that happen? Why did I let this happen?

I don’t blame Quillon. I don’t because even after I felt his canine’s on my neck, I didn’t stop him. I could have stopped him, but I didn’t.

Closing my eyes, I rested my head on my limbs and whimpered softly.

I know why I didn’t stop him. Leah’s words had gotten to me. The thought that I was nothing to this pack, to Quillon had gotten to me. I wanted to be something. I wanted to be his mate and so I let him mark me. I had felt so low after hearing Leah’s words that I had needed some assurance from Quillon.

But I have been so selfish because I didn’t consider Quillon at all. What if he doesn’t want me even after the two months are over? I somehow trapped him with this mark.

This mark on my neck is not only going to strengthen our bond but it will also destroy us if we separate. Staying away from him or even leaving him after two months is going to be dangerous for both of us. If he hadn’t marked me, then walking away would have been fine. But what will I do now?

Quillon doesn’t want me. He had made that clear right from the start. It was I who pressed him for more than what he was offering in this relationship. Hell, this is not even a relationship. It’s nothing actually. Quillon only wanted sexual relationship and since I didn’t want that, I should have walked away after I refused. I should not have agreed for anything more.

I whimpered again and tears rolled down from my eyes. I felt like a knife was being pierced into my heart and to hurt me more, the knife was repeatedly being twisted.  

My wolf, who was happy just few minutes ago on getting marked, now whined softly because she had forgotten about Quillon’s offer. But I could never forget that. There must be something wrong in me if my own mate doesn’t want me.  Sexually he does want me but there is nothing more than that which will make him like me.

I have never been insecure all my life. I couldn’t be because I had enjoyed complete devoted attention from the five prominent Alphas’ of the country. But now I was feeling insecure because of Quillon. He has never given any assurance to me.

So now will I do once the two months are over?

“What the hell are you doing here?” My eyes flew open and I saw Quillon’s shoes a few feet away from me. Slowly, I looked up and saw him gazing at me, with a small frown in his face. His shirt was clinging to his body because he was soaking wet. Tiny beads of water were dropping from the ends of his black hair.

I couldn’t reply and I didn’t want to reply either. So I just lowered my head and rested them on my paws.

“Darya” Quillon called while I shut my eyes. I was grateful for the rain because it was hiding my tears. “Hey” Quillon said and I gulped.

I sensed him move closer, but I didn’t react to it. It was only when I felt his hand on my head that I opened my eyes and looked at him, only to see his eyes travelling over my body. This was the first time he was seeing my wolf.

While his hands gently trailed down my neck, I whimpered and started pulling away. I didn’t want him touching me… especially after what happened minutes ago.

Quillon didn’t let me walk away. Instead, he pressed a lean hand against my body, pushed me down on the ground and ran his other hand below my left ear. His eyes widened when his fingers found the mark, well protected by my thick black fur.

“Is it hurting?” Quillon asked in a surprisingly soft voice. I didn’t reply instead just stared at him. But the pain of what I was feeling was too much to bear and they were displayed to him in the form of tears that even rain couldn’t hide.

Quillon’s eyes rounded and I quickly looked away, ashamed for showing him my helplessness. “Darya” Quillon called but I didn’t look at him. He called twice more and even held my muzzle to force me to look at him, however I whined and looked away.

“You are not coming home then?” Quillon asked and as a reply, I lay my head on the muddy ground and closed my eyes.

“Fine” Quillon said pulling away and I suppressed another whine.

See… this is what he always does. He doesn’t care. He is ready to leave me here alone and go home and sleep-

My lashes fluttered open when I heard sounds of clothes ripping. Raising my head, I saw Quillon who shifted into his royal blue wolf. The size of his wolf was magnificent and the aura he radiated was commanding. I was hugely impressed by his wolf the first time I saw him. His eyes were gorgeous black and very, very intimidating. Even now, I couldn’t stop my eyes from running all over his powerful stance.

Quillon surprised me even more when he walked over and sat behind me, his fur brushing against my own. When I turned my head, I couldn’t even hide my shocked look. Quillon sighed and then rested a lean limb over my own.

The touch was comforting and I was surprised even by it. My wolf was pleased that he was here with us and she wanted to treasure the moment. If he is here for me, then it definitely means he cares.

That means, I was so bloody stupid for suspecting him. He is here and he definitely didn’t express any regret over marking me. He seemed okay with it.

That thought brought a wave of relief to me and suddenly I felt calm. Sighing, I rested my head on his paws and closed my eyes.

It was pouring heavily and it was cold too, but I still felt warm in my mate’s arm. That’s how I was able to drift into a peaceful sleep.

_____

Meanwhile in an uptown hotel of Supreme Pack…

Cable huffed in relief when the screams of the wolf begging for his life stopped. Finally! Konrad killed the wolf.

However Cable closed his ears and groaned because the irritating repeated screams of the wolf was still ringing in his ears. Please don’t kill me, I am begging you… he was tired of hearing the same bleats over the past seven years.

Cable mused that he too should have gone out to have some fun too. He is free tonight, might as well go. The weather looks good and it’s a Sunday night, so he can go to a nearby club. Find some hot chick there and have his way with her. He decided to do that once he is out of here.

He yawned loudly and then closed his eyes. It is better to sleep instead of simply sitting and waiting for Konrad to come out.

Cable was woken up from his little nap when the bedroom door burst open. Sitting up he looked at Konrad, whose mouth and chin were soaked with blood. There was blood on his torso, his hands and his clothes.

Cable never liked the taste of blood on his mouth and hence he chooses to strangle everyone he kills, but Konrad loved blood and drinking it and feasting on a wolf body was necessary for him.

“Are you done?” he asked cocking a brow and Konrad nodded.

“Find me a new set of clothes. This one is stained” Konrad growled out. “I am going for a shower. So keep the clothes on the bed” Konrad ordered.

Cable went into the other room of the suite and picked up the first set of shirt and trousers he found in the wardrobe. His face twisted when he saw the blood and internal organs of body, on the floor of the room where the wolf was killed by Konrad. The room was filled with the stench of blood and Cable made sure not to step on it because he didn’t want to ruin his new shoes.

He was about to toss the clothes on the bed when he saw that the sheets too had blood in them.

Oh Gross! Was it a liver?

Rolling his eyes, he kept the clothes on the lamp-stand and walked out, just the way he came in. He stood next to the window patiently waiting for Konrad to join him.

While he was staring out at the window, he frowned when he saw that the moon was no longer visible in the sky. It was hidden from view by the ominous dark clouds.

Seriously? Cable thought in disbelief. He had planned to go out and now this?

At that precise moment, Konrad walked out of the room showered and neatly dressed. “It’s going to pour heavily and if we leave now we might get stuck in the middle of the road” Cable said grimly.

“Rain?” Konrad asked cocking an eyebrow and then striding towards the window he looked at the clouds. He furrowed his brows when he saw the dark clouds. The weather which was all warm earlier, now turned cold and unpleasant.

“I don’t think it is going to rain. Let’s leave” Konrad growled and jumped out of the 12th floor window, only to land with poise in his feet. Taking a deep breath, he smirked because the blood of the wolf he tasted had satisfied his hunger for now.

But Konrad needed more.

He needed to taste the blood of one special girl- Darya.

He had drunk the blood of other four like her, but not hers. To rule this world, he needed her blood. To control all the five elements, he had to drink her blood.

And very soon, he is going to drink her blood, Konrad thought in satisfaction.

They were running towards their warehouse, when suddenly Konrad stopped. He felt pain. Pain in his heart and he growled not appreciating it.

Ignoring the pain, Konrad chose to walk away. He could only take few steps. As the pain became unbearable, Konrad fell on his knees and placed his hand on his chest, thinking it might soothe the pain in some way.

At that very moment, there was a flash of lightning bolt so sharp that it split the sky into two and following it was the earth-shattering rumble of thunder. Accompanying this was the vengeful gust of wind, which was vigorous enough to quiver the thick trees around him.

The pain spread all over Konrad’s lean yet powerfully built body and clutching the buttons of his shirt, he looked up and glared at the sky, the trees around him. 

“Konrad” Cable, who had finally caught up with him called his name but Konrad didn’t reply. Instead, he patiently waited for the final answer from the nature.

 And the nature answered.

Almost immediately after the echoes of the thunder dulled out, the nature answered by showering grey sheets of rain from the sky.

 Konrad clenched his fists and growled in fury, completely forgetting the pain in his body, while he got soaked by the off-season rain.  

“Dammit” Cable shouted rushing to seek shelter from the rain. “Is nature suffering from amnesia?” Cable asked to no one in particular, while running a hand through his blond hair.

“No” Konrad said shaking his head. “Nature is rejoicing” he added lethally, grinding his even teeth.

“Rejoicing?” Cable asked confused and then watched as a lightning bolt struck a tallest tree setting it into flames within seconds.

Nope. Definitely not rejoicing, he thought and then glanced at Konrad, whose whole body was shaking in rage while he watched the burning tree. Cable blinked not understanding why Konrad was furious just because of a rain and thunder.

“She is with her mate” Konrad answered to Cable’s unasked question. Cable instantly grasped that the ‘she’ here referred to Darya.

“Quillon?” Cable breathed out the name with a low growl.

Konrad nodded as a reply. “He marked her and nature is celebrating over it” Konrad imparted furiously.

Cable watched Konrad with astute eyes.

Konrad powerful frame was trembling in rage. But that was just not it. His one hand was clenched to form a tight fist and his other hand was placed over his chest. Konrad was angry alright, but he was also in pain. His eyes were red from the suppressed anguish.

Cable gasped as the realization hit him. The lightning, the thunder followed by rain… It was nature’s ultimate mating dance.

He watched the lightning, the rain, the wind, the trees and the fire all responding passionately to the nature. All the five elements were visible, at once, to his naked eyes.

The nature, like Konrad said, was celebrating joyously.

“Darya being with Quillon… is not good for you” Cable said in a whisper, staring at Konrad, who was still on his knees, soaking wet in the rain.

“If they get together… if Darya and Quillon mate then you are going to-” Cable couldn’t finish that sentence because Konrad caught him by the neck and shoved him against a nearby tree.

“They are not going to be together” Konrad hissed in a malicious voice. “I am not going to let them get together” Konrad added tightening the hold on Cable’s neck.

“Sorry… I… I di-didn’t mean…” Cable fell on the ground when Konrad released him.

“They can never be together” Konrad said shaking his head in a negative way. While Cable tried to breathe normally, he watched Konrad who was staring at the burnt tree, the fire of which got put off by the rain.

Konrad was quiet for a long, long time before he finally stated, “We are going to Serene. I want to see who this Quillon fucking Sanders is.”

“You can kill him easily” Cable said coughing repeatedly. “He is no match for you.”

“No” Konrad shook his head staring at the space. “Quillon Sanders is something. If he is her mate, then he is something different from the others” Konrad growled out savagely.

Cable frowned totally perplexed. Quillon is nothing. He was sure of that. But then again, if Quillon was nothing, then nature would not have been happy, when Darya got marked by him.

“What should I do?” Cable asked standing up. He always loathed Quillon and if Konrad kills him, then he would be overjoyed.

Slowly, Konrad turned his head to look at Cable. His eyes turned dark and his fangs were out, when he growled out his order- “Bring some wolves. I want to see just how strong Quillon Sanders is.”

****

Woohoo! In this whole chapter, I love the last line and what is going to come with it :D:D

I seriously hope you liked the tango and what came after it ;):)Next update on 26th.

Please vote, comment and follow!

Love,

Shruthi. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

252K 10.5K 60
(Highest #41 on 8/5/2020) A/N This book is a stand-alone even though the first few chapters might seem confusing! It's one of those, starts in the mi...
542K 15.4K 37
"What do you want now?" she said gritting her teeth as he got closer and closer by every second. "I want nothing else but you Angel..."he whispered...
169K 4.4K 26
If you enjoy this story please check out my rewritten version on my profile. Landon stood up and pressed Lyla against the wall so she couldn't escap...
2.7M 73.1K 49
Book 1 On a werewolfs sixteenth birthday, they finally are granted the senses to seek out their mate. Alyssa and Amy have been friends all their life...