Race to The Mafia

By hughjass1234

RACE TO THE MAFIA COVER MADE BY: @Laylaxybae this book is NOT like normal mafia books, this is very unrealis... More

DISCLAIMERS & INFO
PROLOUGE
JEALOUSY (1)
SCHOOL (2)
TRAITOR (3)
FRIES (4)
DANCE (5)
MOTHS (6)
MAZE (7)
COUGH (8)
PLANE (9)
SMILE (11)
DESERT (12)
AMUSEMENT (13)
OPPOSITES (14)
HA. (15)
STITCH (16)
APARTMENT (17)
NOTES (18)
GREEN (19)
PART 1 (20)
PART 2 PERSPECTIVES (21)
SAVE (22)
DEMISE (23)
ENDEARMENT (24)
TRUTH (25)

RUN (10)

23.2K 332 1.7K
By hughjass1234

♡♡♡ Heyy guys, thanks for reading, please comment & vote!!♡♡♡

-ADRIANA-

LOCATION: BARCELONA, SPAIN

Everyone immediately starts yelling at Adowa to move the car.

"I told you guys! I can't! I pinky swear it's not working!" She tries using the key again, only for the engine to sputter once again.

Gunshots ring throughout the airport, but none hit us.

Coincidentally, I assume.

"Hey, would you look at that, we aren't dead!" Adowa smiles.

"Yet. We aren't dead yet. If you don't start this fucking car, we will be." Sofía corrects, and she frowns.

"What's our plan for this one?" Leo asks, unamused.

I turn to face him, "We don't have a fucking plan 'Nardo', I don't know if you remember, but we are currently being shot down by dozens of security guards, there are 3 dead bodies in the jet we were just in, we are stuck inside of this small truck which barley fits the 6 of us, and it doesn't even work."

Leo rolls his eyes and reaches for the duffle bag with the weapons.

He takes out Adowa's rocket launcher.

What the fuck is he trying to do now?

"I really hope you aren't doing what I think you're doing." Ben says.

"I'm tired of this shit, let's just get moving and get this all over with." He loads the rocket.

The truck drivers are still banging on the windows, so Leo shoves the door open effortlessly and they fall to the cement, toppling over each other.

Leo brings the rocket up and aims it towards security.

"Leo, might wanna watch out for the people who are shooting at you." Ben points out the obvious.

"Shut the fuck up."

I climb to the back and take out an assault rifle.

I climb back to the front, and I kneel next to Leo.

♡♡♡(A/N the whole positions are kinda confusing, but basically, the other 4 are smushed into the passenger seat, Adriana and Leo are next to each other in the driver's seat with their weapons, and the duffle bag with all of the big weapons are behind the seats. They also still have their suits on btw)♡♡♡

I click the safety off and immediately start firing.

Dozens of the security guards fall to the ground, and I smirk, "How's this for a plan, Leo?" I ask.

Seconds later, he fires the rocket launcher.

The other 4 smush fully to the other side of the car, afraid of being hit by the knockback.

He fires it, his muscles tensing to keep the rocket launcher from jerking backward, and it was a sight to see. His aim is perfect, hitting the guards dead on, successfully killing them all.

The whole place in front of us is covered in fire and smoke escapes from all the windows, and I can smell the smoke mixed with the burning dead bodies.

Smells like shit.

I look at the huge explosion with awe.

Over at the airport, fire alarms go off.

"How's that for a plan, mon amour?" Leo mocks, smirking.

I roll my eyes, "You took too long to fire, I got most of the kills."

He huffs, "No way in hell you got more kills than me. I burned down a whole fucking building!"

"Can you guys stop arguing like this is a fucking videogame? Firetrucks- and maybe even helicopters, are about to arrive because of this fire, so let's just keep moving before we get in any more trouble." Sung-ho separates us.

Adowa opens her car door, and Sung-ho, Sofía, and Ben fall out of the car.

"What the fuck?" Ben yells.

Sofía yells and swears at her, while Sung-ho is just laughing on the floor.

"Oops!" Adowa laughs.

I open up my door, and Leo and I walk over to the others.

Ben holds out his hands, "Help me up."

"No." I kick his hand.

"Sofía?" He turns his hands to her.

She looks at him with a straight face. "No, I won't help you."

"Oh yeah?" He smirks, and her whole face goes red.

"Yeah, I don't love you. At all." She blurts.

"Guys, I hate to break up the little 'moment' you have going on there, but we gotta go." Sung-ho interrupts.

Leo grabs the duffle bag, and we all rush out.

"You know, I told you guys it couldn't get any wor-"

"Stop jinxing it!" We all yell.

We stop at the fences.

Beyond the fence, is a grass field, and further away are more houses and buildings.

"That's an electric fence. We fucking can't climb it without turning into a burnt marshmallow." Ben comments.

"It's an electric fence?" Leo asks sarcastically, pointing to the sign that says: ELECTRIC FENCE! DANGER! "I didn't notice." He finishes.

"What the hell do we do now?" I throw my hands up in the air.

"Eh, we'll find a way out! At least it can't get any worse than this!" Adowa exclaims.

Are you fucking kidding me?

"¡Eh! ¡Esos son los niños! ¡Consigue esos putos!" I hear upcoming security running towards us.

(Hey! That's the kids! Get those fuckers!)

"Don't mind me officer, I'm trying to process how terrible our luck is right now." Sung-ho taps his head.

"What are we gonna do for this one?" Ben asks.

"Nothing. We can't fucking do anything! Adowa- like the little bitch she is, of course, she had to jinx this whole fucking mission so now we are in Barcelona, 9 hours away from where we need to be for this mission, we are trapped between a raging fire- thanks to Leo, the electric fences, and security guards." Sofía shouts in Adowa's face.

Adowa seems unaffected by the yelling and insults.

She smiles, "Sorry! I think we'll be just fine, don't worry!"

Sung-ho mocks Adowa, "At least it can't get any worse than this!" he says in a cheery voice.

The guards start to open fire on us.

Dammit.

We all share a knowing look and bolt it.

Leo is at the front of the 'line'.

Of course.

I'm second in 'line', so I run faster to catch up to him.

"Trying to race under gunfire, are we now?" He asks, not even out of breath.

He's carrying a whole ass duffle bag, too?

Damn.

"Just keep moving." I brush off.

I slow down to everyone's pace, making sure everyone's alright.

"You guys good?" I ask, and they all nod.

"Why the fuck did you have to do that, Sung-ho?" Leo asks.

"I didn't know that little jinx was real, I assumed it was a coincidence!" He defends.

"Guys, when will they run out of ammo?" Ben pants.

I look over at the guards.

They stop firing, and they all fall to the floor in sync.

They stopped?

What?

I ignore it and focus on running.

We all run for about 3 more minutes, just to be sure they aren't still following us.

Then, we turn and hide behind an empty truck, panting and tired.

"Alright, what the hell was that?" Sung-ho exhales.

"You guys saw them shaking before they fell- or died, right"? Ben asks.

"No, sorry, I was a little busy, you know like, running away from them." I say sarcastically.

"Ben's right," Adowa says, "I saw veins popping out, and this white bubbly stuff came out of their mouths!"

Wait.

"What do you mean, 'white bubbly stuff?'" Ben asks.

She ponders for a moment, "Well, it was like a white-creamy type thing that was sorta bubbly-sorta not."

Creamy- no.

Leo closes his eyes, and exhales, shaking his head slightly.

We probably thought the same thing.

"It could be-" Sung-ho starts, but he doesn't finish his sentence.

"Like foaming at the mouth?" Sofía asks.

"Yeah! Like Rabies! Or babies! Well- maybe not babies." Adowa answers.

"He was drugged. Was there anyone else near them that could've done it?" Sung-ho asks.

"Well, they all fell at the same exact time, it was kinda like a timer going off. All of them just fell." Ben explains.

Sofía exhales, "Alright, let's keep moving. We can't forget about the mission."

We all agree, and we cautiously look around the truck, to see if anyone is there.

"Nobody is here." I say.

"No shit, they're all most likely evacuated." Leo retorts.

"Or dead!" Adowa says cheerfully.

"Thanks for the correction." I say, sarcastically.

We walk to the inside of the airport.

The lights are off, but the sun is shining through the windows so we can all see perfectly.

"Hey, I just remembered that we have to go to Seville!" Adowa exclaims.

"Yeah, and how exactly do you plan on getting there?" Sung-ho asks.

"We'll take some horses since we have lots of time." Leo suggests.

Adowa gasps, "Really?"

"No."

"Well, unless we absolutely have to steal a car again, I think stealing a bus would be the best plan." Ben says

"Why would we steal a bus?" Adowa asks.

"Think about it, the cops would check all cars leaving the area to make sure that it's not us, but, they wouldn't check a random school bus with a couple of high school kids on it." He explains.

"We're not in high school, dumbass." Sung-ho says.

Based on the decisions we make, we kinda are.

Ben groans, "In this situation, we are."

"Are we going to talk about how much of a shitty car you chose last time?" Sofía mocks.

"And on top of that, can we talk about how sloppy our decisions are?" I add, "It's like we aren't Mafia heirs for fucks sake."

"This whole 'plan' or whatever the fuck Marina wanted us to do is all weird. I mean c'mon, isn't it strange how they all dropped dead? And, even stranger, isn't it weird how-"

"Ben, can you shut the hell up with your dumb conspiracies?" Sung-ho interrupts.

He huffs, "I'm just saying, it's so weird that-"

"Guys! That's the exit! Let's catch a bus!" Adowa exclaims, pointing to the door.

We reached the exit already?

Everyone rushes out, not wanting to be in there any longer.

How are the doors not even locked?

Outside of the airport is empty, with only a few people walking around.

"Damn, they really did evacuate everyone." Sung-ho asks.

"Follow me. Let's get to a bus station so we aren't walking to Seville like the idiots we are." Sofía demands.

We follow Sofía to a bus station, and we get weird looks whenever we pass by someone.

After about 10 minutes of walking, Ben points out the obvious.

"Why are they looking at us like that?"

"Maybe because we all look like superheroes in these suits." Sung-ho answers.

"We don't look like superheroes, we look like a bunch of college kids on crack." Leo corrects.

Everyone continues walking for another 5 minutes.

"We've been walking for so fucking long, when are we here?" Sung-ho complains.

"It hasn't even been 20 minutes, lazy bitch." Sofía remarks.

We all stay silent for a few seconds.

"Kidding." She laughs slightly.

"You silly goose!" Adowa laughs.

So. Fucking. Funny.

~~~~~

We arrive at a bus station after an hour or so of walking.

We get in, and the driver gives us weird looks.

"The fuck you looking at, old man." Sofía says while flipping him off, and he instantly looks back at the wheel.

"¡Bienvenido a bordo! Por favor, tome asiento, y el estado de donde usted va!" A device repeatedly says on the speakers.

(Welcome aboard! Please take a seat, and state where you're going!)

"Seville." I tell the driver, he smiles at me and writes it down.

The bus is packed, and there are only a few seats open.

Sung-ho rushes to an open seat and knocks a baby over in the process.

Why the hell was a baby standing up in the middle of a bus?

He ignores their cries, and he takes a seat next to a random person.

The baby's mother gets up to go comfort her child and glares at Sung-ho.

Ben runs up and takes the mother's spot, and pulls Sofía into his lap.

Sofía smiles at him and kisses him on the cheek.

Adowa walks up to a random woman, "Hey! Can I snag your blanket for the ride?" she asks.

The woman looks at her weirdly and she gives her the blanket.

Adowa smiles back in return and tries to find an open seat.

There's only 1 open seat.

"You guys can take the seat!" She says.

"No, I'm good, you can take it." I insist, but she refuses.

"No." She tries glaring at me, but her eye is twitching uncontrollably.

The man who sat next to Sung-ho gets up, so Adowa takes his spot.

She drapes the blanket over Sung-ho and her.

She practically tucks in Sung-ho, making sure the blanket is fully around him before herself.

Sung-ho smiles, "Thanks."

"No problemo!"

I turn back to Leo, "Leo, you take it."

"No. You take it."

"I'm not taking it. You take it."

"Adriana, take the fucking seat."

"I'm not taking the fucking seat, you're taking it or nobody's taking it."

"I guess nobody's taking it. I'm not taking it."

"Leo, just sit-"

"Shut the fuck up." Sofía interrupts.

"Adriana can sit on Daddy Leo's lap." Sung-ho suggests, shrugging.

Everyone on the bus goes silent and looks at Sung-ho weirdly.

"I wasn't kidding." He says, and everyone talks again.

I sigh, "You take the seat."

"How about we both take it?" He smirks.

"You sure you can handle it?" I say, rolling my eyes.

Shit. Why did I say that?

"I guess I'll just have to prove it to you, amour." He whispers, crossing his arms.

"Take the seat." I try to steer the conversation.

He takes the seat.

He slightly opens his legs and moves back in his seat to get comfortable.

He puts a hand on his thigh, and he motions for me to sit on his lap.

No.

I shake my head.

He rolls his eyes, and motions again.

I shake my head once again.

The bus starts moving.

He motions again, with an annoyed look.

Just do it. You shouldn't be standing for 9 hours straight.

I slowly walk over to his seat, holding onto the poles so I don't fall.

I stand in front of his seat.

What do I do. What do I do.

He sighs, and grabs me by the waist, and puts me on his lap sideways. He holds my back so I don't fall onto the woman who is next to us.

"I can handle anything." He proves, smirking.

After a few minutes of being frozen, I untense myself and relax into his shoulder.

I eventually fall asleep, after about an hour of overthinking the group's past decisions.

~~~~~

I wake up on Leo's lap.

There's now a blanket on me, that was once on Adowa.

I look over to Adowa, who is curled up in a ball, sleeping on Sung-ho's shoulder.

I look back at Leo, and he gives me a light smile.

How did he get the blanket?

The seat that is next to Leo is now open.

I reluctantly get up, move over to the seat, and share the blanket around us.

"Sorry for-"

"I didn't mind." He interrupts.

I yawn, "How long has it been?"

"Probably about 4 hours at most."

"Check your watch." I suggest.

"I think I would've checked already if I had it." He says.

"Well, why don't you have a watch?" I ask.

"Why don't you?" He retorts.

"Because I didn't bring my fucking watch."

"I didn't bring my fucking watch either." He mocks.

"Ask the driver if he has a watch?" I suggest, but it sounds more like a question.

"You ask him, I'm not getting up." He crosses his arms.

"Stop stalling and ask the damn guy what time it is." I say.

"Ask him yourself, my body has fallen asleep so I can't move." He exaggerates.

"I don't want to get up."

"Then you'll have to live without the pleasure of knowing what time it is." He sighs.

And I'll have to live without the pleasure of-

No.

"¿Qué hora es?" He yells, waking up a few people in the process.

(What time is it?)

"You couldn't have just gotten up?" I say sarcastically.

"You didn't get up either, don't start something with me."

"Son las 21:53. Llegamos a Sevilla en 5 horas." The driver announces.

(It's 21:53 (9:53 PM). We arrive in Seville in 5 hours.)

"It's 21.53. 5 more hours until Seville." He tells me.

"I know, I heard the guy say it." I furrow my eyebrows.

"Go to sleep." He steers the conversation.

"No."

"You'll need sleep for the mission."

"I'll be okay."

"Sleep."

That won't make me instantly fall asleep right when he says it.

"It takes me a while to fall asle-"

"Sleep."

I stop arguing, and I rest my head on the window.

Leo grabs my head, scaring the shit out of me, and he gently places it on his shoulder, instead of the window.

"It's bumpy, you would hit your head." He covers up.

After about an hour of processing what happened, I fall asleep once again.

~~~~~

"We're here." Leo lightly shakes me.

A big sign that says SEVILLE is right in front of the bus.

"We are? I didn't notice." I say sarcastically.

He sighs, "Get up."

I do as he says, and we all walk off the bus.

"Thank you! This is an amazing bus!" Adowa thanks as we step out.

The driver gives us weird looks once again, and I swear I saw him take a picture of us.

Stop being paranoid.

Well, Marina did say to lay low-

No.

Adowa sprints to the woman who gave her the blanket, "Thanks for letting me use it!" And she sprints back to us.

"Alright, where are we going?" I ask.

"We got a motel, right? Let's go there until the mission starts." Ben states.

"We didn't 'get' a motel, we hacked into the system to-"

Ben covers Sung-ho's mouth, "There's people right next to us, you fucking dumbass."

"Did we just get 1 room?" I ask.

"No, Adriana, we bought the whole thing for ourselves." Ben shrugs.

I sneer at him, "Where is the motel?"

"It's 2 in the morning, do we wanna walk, or be lazy and rent a cab. But we have no money. Unless we hack the bank and transfer money to one of our bank accounts." Sung-ho suggests.

"The motel is literally right there, dumbass." Sofía points to a building across the street.

"Would you look at that! The motel is right there." Adowa points out.

We all walk to the motel.

"English?" The receptionist asks.

We nod our heads.

"Welcome! Please state your full names so I can sign you in!" She says as she smiles.

"Sofía De León." Sofía says.

The receptionist clicks a few buttons, and she gives us 6 keycards. "Enjoy your stay!" She says cheerfully.

Room 69.

Seriously?

Sung-ho smirks, "Isn't that weird?" he points out.

"Shut the fuck up. I'm tired, so can we just go?" Sofía says, walking down the hall, looking for our room.

"Can we just rent someone to bring us to the room?" I say.

I don't wanna fucking walk.

"Walk, you lazy ass." Sofía mumbles.

Sung-ho points to room 2.5 when we reach it, "Why the hell are there decimals for these?"

"I don't fucking know, all I know is that we have to walk even more." Leo complains.

Adowa sprints down the hall.

Why is she always sprinting?

"Slow down!" Ben calls.

"Like she's gonna listen to you." Sofía calls back.

Ben slips his hand around her waist, "How about we all just run with her?"

Everyone turns down the idea.

"I think it's a stellar idea." He says nonchalantly, shrugging.

"Stellar? What the fuck?" Sung-ho furrows his eyebrows.

Everyone continues bickering for the next 5 minutes until we get to the room.

"Finally." Sung-ho pants.

"Are you guys seriously out of breath from that?" Sofía asks.

"It's 3 in the morning, of course we're tired." Ben defends us.

I swipe my card, and the door opens to a one-bed, dingy motel room.

"I would be lying if I said I'm not surprised if some psychopath kills us in our sleep." Ben says while walking into the room.

I look around the room, it has white-ish walls with a slight yellow tint, probably from never being cleaned. A bed with lamps on both sides of it, a small couch, ugly knock-off art pieces on the walls, and an old air conditioning unit.

I walk to the AC and press a button, it doesn't turn on.

"Great, the AC doesn't work." I say.

"We're in Russia, why would we need AC?" Sung-ho asks sarcastically.

"We're in Spain, not Russia. Now can we please focus on the elephant in the room?"

"Ooo, I love elephants!" Adowa asks excitedly.

"We're not talking about elephants, we're talking about the fact that there's only one bed." Leo says.

A single bed.

"How are we all gonna fit?" I ask.

"Six-some?" Sung-ho asks while smirking.

"You haven't mentioned porn or sex in the past day, I thought you were over it." Leo says while rubbing his temples.

"I'm never over it." He winks.

Sofía yawns, "I'm taking the bed, Ben you're coming with me."

"I'm taking the couch." Sung-ho yells while he jumps on it.

"I'll take the floor!" Adowa exclaims.

She then launches into a full college report on why she wants to sleep on the floor and how she hasn't before.

"I will too." I say.

"Adriana, you're taking the sofa. I'm taking the floor." Leo tells me.

"Sung-ho. Up. Now." He demands.

"Only if you give me a pat on my booty." Sung-ho sticks his ass out.

Leo looks at him, unamused. "Get the fuck up."

"That's fine, you don't wanna ruin my perfect ass, no biggie, I do also accept kisses. On my ass. Specifically the left cheek, but if you're more of a right cheek kinda guy, I understand."

Leo looks at him once more, unamused.

I would shit my pants if someone looked at me like that.

Sung-ho gets up from the couch and jumps on the bed.

Sofía immediately kicks him off, "Not today, bitch."

I face Leo, "No. You take the sofa. I take the floor." I correct.

"No."

Adowa does a belly flop onto the floor.

Ouch.

"Why did you have to do that?" Ben asks, his eyebrows furrowing.

"I thought it would be cool." She dramatically whispers, then pretends to be dead, sticking her tongue out.

This is going to be a long night.

~~~~~

"Alright, are we ready?" Sung-ho claps his hands.

"Obviously not." I say, motioning to the huge mess we made last night.

That's what she said- no.

I ended up sleeping on the sofa after what seemed like hours of arguing with Leo over who would get it.

During the night, Adowa stayed up for most of it on 'guard dog' duty, but she was really just tinkering.

And that's why we have a big mess.

When I woke up, I headed straight for the showers, followed by everyone else.

It sounds like you all showered together when you put it like that.

"I'm going to shower." Sofía states.

Ben holds his hand up to argue.

"And you're not coming with me." She adds.

His jaw drops.

"Bu-"

"No buts, let me shower in peace or I'll dump your ass." 

~~~~~

"Next time, can we get a better hotel so we can actually shower without the water freezing the second you step in?" Sofía asks while walking out of the bathroom, drying her hair with a towel.

"You showered, didn't you?" Sung-ho sneers.

"Oh fuck off, you know what I meant." Sofía retorts.

"No. No I don't."

"Oh you think your fucking funny?" She yells, walking to Sung-ho.

He hides behind me, "Hide me."

"Yeah that's right- hide, you scared piece of shit."

"Guys, focus, we need to get moving. Do we have the weapons?" Ben asks, and Leo nods.

"We have the weapons." Leo assures him.

We all walk out of the room and shut the door.

"Bye motel!" Adowa waves at the door.

We don't waste any time getting out of the motel.

Adowa brings out a self-made GPS when we reach the road.

"When did you make that?" I ask.

"Last night!"

"How did you make so many? And where did you get the materials to build them?" Ben asks.

"I took apart the appliances, like the microwave, and the broken AC unit!" She says enthusiastically.

"Talking about me making stuff, here!" Adowa hands us each an earpiece.

"What's this for?" Ben asks.

She giggles, "I made it last night! It's basically communicators that can spread long distances. They stick to your ear really well too, so don't worry about it falling off. Just click this button-" she points to a small, red button on it, "And you're on speaker, so everyone can hear you!"

"What?" I ask.

"It's a long-distance phone call. Press a red button to talk." She slumps her shoulders.

"So we can all hear someone if they talk through it?" Sung-ho asks, and she nods.

Adowa turns on the GPS and enters the address of the bullfighting arena.

The walk is 1 hour. Great.

Shut your lazy ass up. You're fine.

"You know, isn't it weird how in less than a week, we managed to go to a masquerade ball which ended in a shooting and the building blowing up, then we were framed of the kidnapping for the Mafia Don's, also known as our parents, then we ran away, blowing up the guards in the process. After that, we stole a really old car and saw Marina. We went to a corn maze in hopes of losing her, but we ended up being captured by some crazy guys in weird suits. Marina beat the shit out of them, and then she took us to Marina's Monopoly. She then sent us on a mission to Spain. And we messed it up already. Somehow, Marina knew about it and told us in a ripped-up note. Adowa flew a plane with the help of Ben, we landed in Barcelona, cops still on our tail, trying to arrest us. We kill them all with a gun and a fucking rocket launcher, then go on a bus for 9 hours to Seville, and stayed a night in the dingiest fucking motel." Sung-ho summarises.

I hum. "You pretty much summed it up."

"Very informative. I would've never known." Ben claps.

"Your summaries are ass." Sofía deadpans

"Well done." Leo praises. "Want a trophy?"

"You're super duper ooper pooper good!" Adowa exclaims.

We all walk in silence for most of the way, until we get to an outdoor marketplace.

"Why can't we just get a taxi?" Ben asks.

"Maybe because we're on the run." I say sarcastically.

"It's almost as if this whole mission was planned. What if they are using those trackers they put it from Just Dance to track our next move?"

"Can you shut up with the Just Dance tracker theory?" Sofía shuts him down.

"I mean, there could be a possibility tha-"

"Not you too. Don't fall for that shit." Sofía cuts off Leo.

I glance around the different stalls, watching people's behavior when someone catches my eye.

"Hey does that guy look familiar to you, or is it just me?" I ask.

Leo squints his eyes to get a better look.

"Nope, definitely just you." He says and I elbow him in the gut, playfully.

He clutches his stomach and pretends to be hurt.

"Yeah I'm with Adriana on this one, he looks familiar, he's too far away though, we should get a closer look." Sofía says.

"Fine, split up." Sung-ho directs.

Leo scoffs, "How about we be smart about this one and not split up?"

"I'm with Sofía!" Ben exclaims.

"We already know who you're going to be with, there's no need to announce it every single damn time." I say.

"Yeah and we all know who Leo's going to pick so there's no need for him to announce it either because God forbid big daddy Leo let whittle baby Adriana on her ow-"

In one swift motion, I grab my knife from my suit, and press it against his throat, playfully.

"Don't. Finish. That. Sentence." I say slowly.

"Sofía, help me." He croaks out.

"No, you're on your own for this one, you started it."

His eyes widen in disbelief and I drop my hand, putting my knife back in my suit.

"Now. Can we please focus, he's almost done paying for his stuff." I say urgently.

"Leo and I will get close to him. Sofía and Ben, you two will be near us, but not too close, and Sung-ho and Adowa will be hiding somewhere further than Ben and Sofía, but not too far, set up the guns just in case it's who we're looking for, remember, we don't want to scare the guy away, blend in." I say and they all nod. 

"Who are we even trying to find?" Ben asks.

"One of the guys Marina showed us in the dossiers, that guy might be our target." I remind him.

"Still not ringing a bell, but ok."

Adowa and Sung-ho walk away to set up the guns and gadgets.

Leo and I slowly walk up to a fruit stand and I grab an apple, trying to blend in.

I take a bite of the apple.

"Hey! You didn't pay!" A man yells at me with a thick Spanish accent.

Oops.

Leo and I slowly walk away to a different market, our eyes still on the target.

Leo slips his hand around my waist and pulls me up against him.

My breath hitches.

Does he have to do this now??

"What are you doing!" I whisper harshly, still watching the guy.

He dips his head down into my neck and whispers. "You said to blend in, right? Well, that's what I'm doing, pretending to be your boyfriend." He pauses, "That is, if you want to pretend."

Butterflies. Butterflies.

"Leo, we don't have time for this."

He only hums in response, "Is this okay?" he asks, his lips lingering on my neck.

"Yes." I say, before I can even think.

He doesn't waste a second before he starts long kisses down my neck, sucking the skin.

Butterflies.

He then goes further down my neck, the kisses getting more aggressive and passionate.

I inhale sharply, the memories come flooding back.

Again.

I shut my eyes tightly, wishing I could forget everything about him, and I breathe out shakily.

Leo looks up, his eyes filled with concern.

"Are you ok?" He asks while bringing a hand up to cup my face.

Butterflies. So many butterflies.

"Yes, but.." I trail off and look back to the guy.

He finished paying now and he puts something in his pocket, giving me full access to see what's in it.

A gun.

"Leo," I whisper.

"I know, mon amour." He says calmly.

He grabs my hand and pulls me behind a nearby building, out of everyone's sight.

He slowly reaches into his back pocket for his gun.

I grab mine and slowly bring it to my side, watching his movement.

Leo does the same.

I aim my gun at his head and Leo follows suit.

"Do we shoot?" He asks.

"I don't know, if it's not who we're looking for things could get really messy, really fast. But if it is, we save the damn mission and go home."

The guy turns around, and his eyes dart everywhere.

"He looks really skittish for a guy who's just bought some groceries from your local marketplace."

He turns around and makes eye contact with me, then his eyes widen with realization.

Leo and I shoot at him but he darts behind a vendor.

Screams of fear erupt around the marketplace, and everyone starts running around.

I lower my gun slightly looking for a shot.

"Why'd you stop? We almost had him!" Leo starts.

"I'm not gonna shoot innocent people!" I protest.

He shakes his head, chuckling. "Only you would do that Adriana. Only you."

A couple of seconds go by before I see someone running away.

"Leo, that's him, he's running away, let's go!" I say as I start running, dodging people and stands.

He takes a sharp turn into an alley, and starts climbing the stairs of an old building.

I quickly run up to him, with Leo following behind me.

The man goes inside of the building.

I follow him, and I stop suddenly.

Two hallways.

"Did you see which way he went?" Leo asks in between breaths.

"No. You go left, I go right?" I ask, and he nods.

"Don't die." He says and I nod curtly, and then we break off.

On my side, there's broken glass and bloodstains everywhere. The few lights are all flickering, not giving me a good sight.

Damn, what happened here?

I hear footsteps in the distance, and I bring my gun to view, stepping back into a weaver stance.

I click on my earpiece, "Guys, Leo and I found him." I whisper.

"Uhh, that's pretty silly! Sung-ho and I found him too." Adowa says, her voice blasting my earpiece.

"How do I turn down the volume, lower your fucking voice." I cringe.

"You can't turn down the volume!"

"Then lower your voice!" I whisper-yell.

"Okie dokie!" She whispers.

"Guys, Ben and I found him, he just ran up an alleyway, and we're chasing him right now." Sofía says.

I start to speak, but I see someone's moving shadow.

I step forward and the broken glass crunches underneath my foot.

Shit.

The person bolts away and I follow after.

I click on the earpiece, "Leo, where are you? I see him."

"This whole thing is a fucking maze." He answers.

The person makes a sharp turn, and I follow.

"Well, can you turn around and go my way? This guy is fast." I pant.

"Yeah, let me go and do that."

"Really?" I breathe out.

"No."

"Stop doing that." I complain.

"Stop doing what?" He asks, and I can sense his smirk.

"Stop being sarcastic."

"You stop being-"

"Can you guys focus? Adriana, keep your eyes on the person. Leo, stop flirting with Adriana on comms for fucks sake." Sofía yells.

"He wasn't flirting with me." I state.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." Ben yells from Sofía's comm.

"Alright, can we please focus on the task at hand?" I say, desperately trying to change the subject.

"Adriana, did you catch them?" Sung-ho comes onto the comms.

"Obviously I didn't catch them." I answer.

"Well hurry the fuck up."

"Did you catch them?" I ask.

"No."

"Yeah I didn't think so, now stop picking fights."

I round a corner and run into someone's chest.

I immediately grab my gun, pointing it in front of me.

The man does the same.

"Leo??"

"Adriana? How the hell did you get here?"

"I was chasing the guy, and you appeared."

Glass smashes in the distance.

Our heads whip towards the sound.

We rush to the noise, desperately trying to catch the person.

We turn a corner, and it's stairs.

Lots of stairs.

We go down the stairs quickly, and down the hall is a door.

The exit door.

The exit door shuts when we arrive, telling us the person left the building.

"The person just left this building, we might lose them." I alert everyone on comms.

"Well don't lose them." Ben says.

"Oh sorry, I was just gonna let him walk out of here, maybe take him out for dinner." Leo says.

"I hope you're kidding." Ben asks.

"No shit I was kidding."

Leo and I run out of the building.

The guy runs past more alleyways, with us following close behind.

A few minutes after running, I hear crowds and cheering in the distance.

"Do you hear that?" I ask, panting.

"Yeah." Leo answers.

The man runs closer and closer to the cheering.

I tap on my earpiece, slowing down. "Guys, we see a big arena."

Nobody responds.

"Guys? Anyone there?" I ask.

Still no response.

Shit.

"Guys??" I try again, and nobody answers.

He gets closer to the doors, and we follow.

Ahead, huge double doors come into view.

And he runs towards it.

I'm gonna fucking die if I keep running.

He opens the door slightly and shuts it.

We run up to the door and pause to catch our breaths.

I put my ear up to the door, and I hear screaming and cheers louder than before.

"Ready to open it?" Leo asks.

I catch my breath for a few more seconds, then I nod.

"Yeah."

Leo opens the huge doors.

Shit.

I did not expect this.

♡♡♡Heyy guys, SORRY FOR THE CLIFFHANGER, but put ur theories or anything here I wanna read them lmao, also ty for reading <33♡♡♡ (please put them or this is gonna be super awkward)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2M 201K 31
After she tragically loses her mother, Cassie turns to street fighting-but she soon learns that the biggest fights happen outside the ring. ...