Life Changes » Marcus Armstro...

By uniquexus

I genuinely fell for someone when I wasn't searching for love, I was searching for peace. I was searching for... More

Author's Note
Prologue.
One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleven.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
Eightteen.
Nineteen.
Twenty.
Twentyone.
Twentytwo.
Twentythree.
Twentyfour.
Twentyfive.
Twentysix.
Twentyseven.
Twentyeight.
Twentynine.
Thirty.
Thirtyone.
Thirtytwo.
Thirtythree.
Thirtyfour.
Thirtyfive.
Thirtysix.
Thirtyseven.
Thirtyeight.
Thirtynine.
Fourty.
Fourtyone.
Fourtytwo.
Fourtythree.
Fourtyfour.
Fourtyfive.
Fourtysix.
Fourtyseven.
Fourtyeight.
Fourtynine.
Fifty.
Word of Thanks
New book: Charles
Other books
New book: Her

Twelve.

3.2K 107 26
By uniquexus

"Okay, okay, final check," Luna said when entering Jane's bedroom. "Is this the influencer outfit?" She spun around and flipped her hair over her shoulder. Luna was wearing white trousers, a white bodysuit, an oversized brown coat and black All-Stars. Her dark brown hair was straight, and she had a full face makeup.

Jane looked at her. "Girl! How many followers do you have?!"

"Huh, did you say something? Sorry, who are you?" Luna arrogantly said and huffed. They looked at each other and laughed. "God, I feel so uncomfortable. I am totally not made for the influencer life. Thank god it is just a dressed party." She sat down on Jane's bed. "Not gonna lie, you look amazing," she smirked.

"Is it too much?" Jane looked questionable at herself in the mirror. "This is uncomfortable as heck." She sighed.

"Absolutely not. You just miss something. One sec." Luna walked away.

Luna and Jane were invited to a party where they had to dress up. Luna decided to go for an influencer, and Jane was dressed up like a rockstar. She was wearing a black, old ACDC t-shirt and black baggy jeans. Her makeup was heavy; black eyeshadow and a dark lip. The light brown hair was curled, all flipped to one side.

"Doc Martins," Luna said and gave the pair of boots to Jane. "And a guitar, but don't bring that to the party." She threw some bandaids and three pair of thick sports socks at Jane.

"My guitar is way too expensive for just the party," Jane replied and put on the boots. She kept the ties untied, just to give it the baggy and loose look. "This is literally the opposite from me." She looked at herself in the mirror. "I cannot wait to take everything off."

"You look absolutely amazing. Your brother will be jealous," Luna smirked. "You can join his band and steal the show."

"Have you seen what Julius wears at a show? A freaking knitted wool sweater, like a fluffy rockstar." Jane shook her head. "Just like the others in his band."

"The best man has a voice like a rockstar, looks like a teddy bear," Luna said and giggled. "Anyway," she breathed. "Study session on Monday? I really need to upgrade my grades to a better level."

"I'm going to kart with Marcus, I'm sorry."

The women left the room, grabbed their stuff and made their way to the party.

"You're going to kart with Marcus?" Luna raised her eyebrows. "I see, I see. I think you made it, JJ. Marcus is taking you on a karting date, you made it."

Jane rolled her eyes. "Mick and Callum will be there too, just like their girlfriends. And some other people, Charles, Robert, I don't know all these people."

"You bloody made it," Luna almost shouted. "You get to freaking kart with Mick Schumacher, Callum Ilott, Charles Leclerc, Robert Shwartzman, Marcus Armstrong, probably more people." She laughed. "This is the holy grail. Woman, what the fuck."

A giggle rolled over Jane's lips. "Yeah, I know. They will all race me out, but I don't care."

"They definitely will race you out," Luna smirked. "But it's for fun, I'm sure they will take it easy for you, the girlfriends. Or not, I can see them being dicks and race everyone out."

"Probably the last one."

"But hey, at least you can say you raced against these boys." Luna widely smiled. "I already like Marcus more. Not because he is Marcus Armstrong, F4 champion, but he is a lot nicer than Leonardo."

A soft smile played on Jane's lips; Luna was right. She felt way more comfortable and appreciated when she was around Marcus, he was interested in her and showed it.

"Anyway, we're here to party and not to have deep conversations - not now, at least." Luna knocked on the front door of the house of one of their friends. "This will probably be the last party for a couple of weeks, so make the most of it."

"You sound like a complete influencer," Jane teasingly said.

Before Luna could reply, the door opened, and a football player was standing in the door opening. "Ladies!" Bastian said and widely smiled. "My rockstar and influencer, come in!"

"You really had the hardest job on dressing up," Luna sarcastically said and entered the house. "Just your football outfit, no problem!"

A laugh rolled over Jane's lips, and she followed Luna and Bastian to the living room. There were about twenty people in the massive living room, all dressed up. Jane didn't know everyone, but enough people to enjoy the Saturday evening. There were friends of friends, classmates, other people.

Michael handed over a beer to Jane. "Hey, rockstar," he widely smiled.

"Ciao..." Jane looked questionable at him, trying to figure out what he was dressed up as, and took a sip of the beer. He didn't look dressed up, more like himself, but more stylish. "Yourself?"

"My better self."

"Ah, I see."

He nodded. "Yeah."

Jane looked over his shoulder, and the muscles in her face relaxed - but negatively. Her eyebrows lowered, and she blew out some air via her mouth. She frustratedly took a sip from the bottle of beer.

"Wow, wow, wow," Michael said and looked perplexed at Jane. "Calm down, bad arse. Just a small reminder, you look extra angry with that makeup and outfit when you look like that... Don't kill me, please," he dramatically said.

"Hmm, what?" Her face softened, changing the angry look to a more friendly look. "I'm sorry." She didn't realise she looked unamused, rather furious.

"What's up?"

"Don't look behind you, but Leonardo is here. Who the fuck invited him?" Jane expiated the brown bottle by drinking it away with a few big sips. Leonardo wasn't friends with anyone here.

Michael looked behind him, acting like he was looking for someone in the crowd. Just when Luna happened to look up and waved, he had the perfect coverup. Before Michael waved and smiled back at Luna, he made a few seconds of eye contact with Leonardo; it was like Luna knew what Michael wanted to do. "Right, dressed up like a dick," he breathed and looked back at Jane. "Time for tequila, bella."

»

The night fell, just like multiple wine and beer bottles. A loud cheer filled the living room, and some started to clap in their hands. Everyone was waiting for this moment to happen, it was just a question when it would happen and who would do it.

Jane sat on the sofa, being separated from the crowd. Her social battery started to run out. She was twirling one of the golden rings around her finger and stared at the broken glass. It happened to be the special agent who did it, Jane didn't know him.

"You good?" Leonardo gave Jane a glass of wine and sat down next to her on the sofa.

Jane only shared an annoyed look and rolled her eyes away. Not now... She grabbed the glass anyway, but didn't reply to her ex-boyfriend. She put the glass down on the ground next to her.

"You look pretty bad arse," he continued and took a sip from his wine. "Never thought you would pull this off."

Her eyes were focused on the special agent who was cleaning the floor now. She bit on the inside of her lip and tried to act like Leonardo wasn't sitting next to her. Her breath was heavy; she didn't want to cause a scene, but she didn't want him near her.

It was silence, making Jane impatient. His presence was annoying her, it felt like he was following her. The alcohol started to kick in; people began to do stupid things, and more laughter filled the space.

"What do you want?" Jane blurted after a while. She was blurting things; she was direct, meaning she was tipsy. And Leonardo knew that.

"Nothing," he replied and pressed his lips into a thin line. "I miss you." Leonardo was dressed up like a doctor.

Jane looked down; I do not miss you. "Yeah..." She cleared his throat and grabbed the glass of wine. She took a sip and sighed.

"I've been trying to talk to you, Jane."

"Yes, and I'm trying to avoid you."

"But why?"

Another loud sigh rolled over her lips. "Do I really need to tell you this, Leonardo? We broke up; there's no reason to stay in touch." She looked at him. "So stop bothering me."

Silence fell between the two. Neither of them got up from the sofa, they both didn't want to be the first to give up this battle and show their weakness. It was odd for bystanders to see the two together again; everybody knew what happened between the two.

Leonardo parted his lips. "What has that driver boy what I don't have?" He acted hurt.

"I really don't have the energy to do this," Jane replied and rubbed her hand over her forehead. Her eyes closed for a couple of seconds.

"No, but for real. What does he has what I don't have?"

"You will find your person, Leo. Just give it time, and you will find her."

"But I have found you."

"I am not the one," Jane snorted and looked at him. "I'm not your person, far from that." She took another sip. "Or we would both know it."

Leonardo looked at her, her dark eyes had something special. "I know you-"

"No. Leo... We don't belong to each other, it is obvious we don't. Look, we are different persons with different priorities. We are not on one line, we don't belong to each other."

"Then tell me what to do to change." He straightened his back, his eyes widened. It was like the alcohol disappeared from his body. "I would do anything, Jane, anything to change for you."

"No, no, no," Jane said and shook her head. "That won't help. You can't just change for just a person." She was surprised by herself; she never sounded this harsh. "Look, we don't belong to each other. You deserve someone who has the same interests, the same priorities and...someone who values you more than I do. I moved on; you have to move on too." It was like she was trying to be polite.

"And the driver boy gives you the appreciation I apparently didn't give you?" Leonardo scoffed. "Mamma Mia..." He ran his hand through his hair and shook his head. "I thought we had something special."

"You will find someone special," Jane softly said and put her hand on his back. It just happened, it went automatically. She stroked his back. "She's somewhere out there; just give it time."

Leonardo leaned towards Jane and put his head on her shoulder. "I want you back, Jane..."

It was almost scary to see how quick the emotions between Jane and Leonardo changed. From annoyance to anger, confusion to support.

"I won't happen, Leo. I want you to be happy; you won't be happy with me next to your side." She pressed a kiss on his hair.

"I love you." This was the first time he said it to her. His eyes closed. "You're way too nice," he whispered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.8K 2K 36
"@marcusarmstrong has started following you" "@marcusarmstrong has requested to send you a private message" started: 05/07/2021 ON HOLD
632K 6.5K 111
Continuing with the imagines, I'm open to write anything that y'all ask for from the prompts and also special requests. Formula 1, 2, and 3
19.1K 152 82
"And then one day we meet a person. Without even wanting it, she becomes our best story". The story of when I met my idol, and how I went from f...
5K 45 29
soul mates you meet by chance and when i met you i was sure you were one