ANGEL WINGS [Yuzuru Hanyu]

By amillianne

A fiction wherein Miyu, an aloof child prodigy turned physician, stumbles upon Yuzuru Hanyu, a friendly livin... More

preface
for maximum reading
epigraph
prologue: so it begins
ichi: airport madness
ni: patient's doctor
san: new
go: a look back
roku: barcelona grand prix
AUTHOR'S NOTE
nana: hey, child

yon: miyu-chan

447 22 2
By amillianne

"I'll go again," Hanyu's voice echoed around the rink, getting up from a fall.

Brian, who was trailing behind him, nodded.

We were back in Toronto and Hanyu is currently training again, completely recovered from his accident and was now working twice as hard.

He failed to finish on a podium during the last NHK Trophy competition but he was still qualified to the finals, at least that's what Brian explained to me.

I couldn't forget the look he had on his face during the awarding — the way he was holding back tears yet was clapping genuinely to those who won — it was too precious.

But I guess that just made him more determined than ever. By how he is training so hard lately, I am getting scared that he might injure himself all over again.

I had dropped by to watch his training a couple times already and there was always one thing that's common, it was his unwavering, undying passion.

It was his third straight fall yet Hanyu showed no signs of giving up.

Just as I was about to turn to leave the rink, I hear my name being loudly called out, "Miyu-chaaan!"

I felt the second-hand embarrassment creeping in my veins as almost every skater who was in session right now looked at my direction.

I faced the rink again as Hanyu skated his way towards me.

"What are you doing tonight?" he asked.

"Sleep."

He crossed his arms, "Can you come with me? I have an appointment later at around seven thirty or eight."

Sir, do I look like your secretary or something?

"No," I replied, matching the crossed arms he had.

Hanyu tilted is head, "Please? I could also use your help and expertise."

"Fine."

Well, that didn't age well. I surely need to work on being firmer in saying no. Then again, how do you refuse when his pout is getting deeper and deeper while his eyes pierce straight to your soul?

He pumped his fist into the air, yelling like a kid at school, "I'll see you after my training?"

"Meet me after six thirty, I have to finish some work," I replied.

Going back to my office, I was on my way in when the door next to mine open and the woman I hated stepped out.

"Oh, our offices are right next to each other," she cackled, wanting to provoke and get a reaction from me as usual.

I rolled my eyes, "No shit, Sherlock."

Kayleen leaned on her now closed door, "You know, you should learn how to move on and be mature about it. Let bygones be bygones."

"Bygones be bygones, my ass."

"Why, still can't get over the fact that not everything is about you? That despite being the highly proclaimed prodigy, you aren't what they thought you are."

"Yeah, whatever. I still don't get why they hired a second year ortho resident; Toronto Cricket deserves quality expertise," I shrugged, pushing my way inside my office.

I am so done getting trampled on; she had her way with me back then when I was just a kid but not anymore. She may be six years older than me but she acts like she's six years old by how immature she is. Too bad that I can be immature too.

She is such a pain in the ass. She's boasting so much when she's still a resident. Sure, she might excel at some points but Kayleen still has a long way to go, academic and personality-wise.

After working for hours, the encounter with Kayleen still lingered in my mind and seemingly affected my whole mood; I wasn't up for anything anymore.

I think I'll pass tonight...
6:18 PM

Yuzuru Hanyu — TCSCC Olympic Champion
No
6:25 PM

I think his training just ended.

Sorry, I'll make it up to you next time.
6:25 PM

Yuzuru Hanyu — TCSCC Olympic Champion
Noooo! Miyu-chan
6:25 PM

Yuzuru Hanyu — TCSCC Olympic Champion
Pssst, Miyu-chan!
6:26 PM

I do feel bad that I'd be canceling at the last minute but I think I'd feel worse if I chose to go with him and end up ruining the night because my face would be all scrunched up and unhappy.

Yuzuru Hanyu — TCSCC Olympic Champion
MIYU-CHAAAAAAN
6:28 PM

I could now see what his coaches are talking about; he really is stubborn.

My phone beeped but I was too engrossed in the case I looked up on the internet. It was after a few minutes later that I opened the message.

Yuzuru Hanyu — TCSCC Olympic Champion
It's 6:30. I'm heading to your office 😏
6:30 PM

Sighing, I typed up a reply.

Something just happened, not feeling too well.
6:34 PM

"What happened?"

His voice sounded from my doorway, surprising me to death. If that wasn't enough, I took in his appearance as he was clad in his after-training clothes — track pants and a loose fitting shirt — but he still looked majestic that I swore that I was delivered to my deathbed. His hair was still wet and a jacket hung on his left arm.

I thank my lucky stars that I have mastered the art of not showing any emotion or else he'd probably tease me until I die.

"Just some girl drama that threw me off-mood," I replied truthfully, stowing away the papers on my desk and into the drawers.

His response made me chuckle, "Drama? I love drama! Spill it!"

I know he's just making me vent out my frustrations but no thanks, Hanyu, I got it under control... I think I do.

"Nope, no can do."

"Why not?"

"Because no."

"You sure you won't come with me?" he asked.

I gave him a sorry look.

Not liking my non-verbal response, he kept whining "Miyu-chan" over and over again even if he was still met with the same reply from me. He even started poking my cheek midway through his chants.

"Even if I do this?" he quipped before making the cutest puppy eyes I have ever seen.

"You look like my dog," I blurted out.

"Do you love your dog?"

"Of course, what kind of question is that?" I retorted, typing words on my report.

"Would you give your dog anything?"

"Yes."

"You said I look like your dog so come with me!" Hanyu whined.

Weird analogy but okay.

"My dog is way cuter than you but fine."

"Miyu-chaaan!" he exclaimed, "You're the best!"

"I know I am," I answered with a teasingly smug smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.6K 1K 30
Shimizu Shiori, a 22 years old Hong Kong girl who went to Japan for a working holiday, received a weird request from one of her students. By taking u...
49.4K 1.6K 16
Lilis meets Yuzuru Hanyu at The Worlds 2019. She doesn't know anything about figure skating, but she's confused as to why he didn't win, so she asks...
29.9K 1.1K 43
Overcoming challenges defined them, and defined their relationship. As soon as he saw her on the ice he knew she was special but quickly disappeared...
44.9K 1.5K 48
I told myself I'll try again. I did. It's my last chance. But it turns out, there's gonna be more to it than just skating. Highest Rankings: #31 - s...