π“π„πŒππ“π€π“πˆπŽππ’ | βœ”οΈ

By _DemonGoddesss_

Scarlett Moore has had her fair share of betrayal and lies. She's afraid to give someone else her heart witho... More

BEFORE READING ⚠️
description
prologue
one
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
epilogue

two

1.1K 42 9
By _DemonGoddesss_

"She's bringing a friend over? Sounds like he's more than a friend," Jason said, keeping his eyes on the tv.

"I thought the same thing but she claims he's just a friend, so I believe her," I told him, scratching my leg then bringing it back over his lap.

"When's she supposed to be coming?"

"She said soon. Luckily, I have a few hours until work," I yawned, rubbing my eyes.

"You sure you wanna go into work? You look exhausted."

"We have rent, Jason."

"I also have a job, Scarlett."

"You work at the same place as me, stupid."

"Still have a job, dumbass."

"Which is also mine, ass eater," I retorted, smirking.

"Fuck off! It was one time!" He yelled, smacking my leg.

"It still happened, nasty ass!" I yelled back, kicking his side.

"We agreed not to talk about that," he grumbled.

I shrugged then poured a few skittles in my mouth. A rhythmic knock came to the door and I already knew it was Lola. I hopped out of my seat then went to the door, unlocking it and swinging it open.

"Hey, Scarlett," she greeted, smiling.

"Hey, Lola." I smiled back. "Where's your little friend?"

"He had to make a call downstairs. He shouldn't be long," she said, walking inside.

I closed the door then went back to my spot on the couch.

"So, how'd you meet the guy anyways?" Jason asked, looking at her.

"Oh, we work together. I had to help him find a new assistant since his last one quit on him."

"He's that annoying, huh?" Jason asked, snorting.

Lola rolled her eyes. "No, she got pissed cause he wouldn't fuck her."

I snorted then covered my mouth before belting out a laugh.

"That's pathetic," I spoke up, running a hand through my hair. "It's not the end of the world if a guy won't fuck you."

"Well, she obviously didn't believe that. God, I hate women like that," Lola mumbled, beginning to dig in my pantry.

"Fat ass, didn't you eat before you got here?" I asked her, standing up.

"Yeah, doesn't mean I'm full," she said, pulling out a bag of chips.

I rolled my eyes and was headed to the kitchen before someone knocked on the door again.

"It's open!" I yelled, grabbing a water bottle.

I heard the door swing open and when I peaked out of the kitchen, my breath got caught in my throat.

Holy shit, he's gorgeous.

For one, the man is tall; I'll give it six foot at the most. Dark brown hair, hazel eyes- and holy fuck how much does this man work out? Don't even get me started on that smile on his face when he walked in the house. May I say panty dropping? I'm definitely gonna say it.

Panty dropping!

"Scarlett, this is Carter. Carter, this is my best friend, Scarlett."

"Hey, it's nice to meet you," I spoke, meeting his gaze.

"Same to you," he retorted, grinning.

He extended his hand out and I took it in mine, shaking it before pulling away.

God have mercy on my soul.

"Lola told us you two work together."

"Yeah, she's like my right hand kind of," he chuckled. "Even though she's also a pain in the ass."

"Oh fuck you," Lola retorted, crossing her arms.

I shook my head, chuckling then felt my cheeks slightly warm when I saw Carter still looking at me. He averted his eyes back to Lola, continuing with their bickering and laughs from here and there.

Jason looked at me with a cocked eyebrow, before standing up and walking to me.

"You're drooling a little bit there," he mumbled in my ear, smirking.

"Fuck off." I nudged him away with my elbow.

"Just saying. You haven't stopped staring since he walked in, Scarlett."

"I'm not staring, just... observing," I mumbled, looking back at Carter.

Silver watch? Nice.

He doesn't have a ring, so he's not married. Might have a girlfriend, though. I mean, who wouldn't want him?

Jason began to snap his fingers in my face and I blinked a few times before looking at him again.

"Love him already, huh?" Jason asked, smirking.

"Suck a dick," I muttered, crossing my arms.

He chuckled quietly then threw an arm over my shoulder. I shook it off then moved away from him, grunting.

"Stop being a little baby."

"Shut up, I'm not being a baby."

"Hey, guys. Y'all wanna order a pizza or something?" Lola spoke up.

"I gotta go shower and get ready for work," I said, pushing my hair out of my face.

"Aw man. You have to work today?"

"Yeah," I chuckled. "Hopefully it's not late."

"Where do you work?" Carter asked, leaning against the wall.

"I'm a server and bartender at a bar," I replied, looking at him.

"Late nights?"

"Most of the time, yeah. Jason works there too, he just has a habit of missing it."

"Oh shut up," he mumbled.

I grinned at him then checked the time, groaning.

"I'm going hop in the shower," I said, walking off to my room.

After quickly grabbing a few clothes, I went to the bathroom and turned on the shower. I tied up my hair then stripped out of my clothes and stepped inside, letting the water hit my body.

A deep sigh left my lips as I washed myself off, closing my eyes.

Pathetic.

My eyes snapped open as I took a deep breath.

Not this again.

I sighed to myself then let my hair down and began to wash it out. His voice was always popping into my head at random times and I hated it. No matter what could be happening, I would hear him just criticizing me like he always did.

At one point he would come in my dreams- well, nightmares. I would just have to relive that damage and torture he put me through and did to me. I was scarred from it. Terribly scarred.

I didn't want to go to therapy if it meant having to talk about it all over again. I'd rather suffer alone instead of opening up about that.

I stepped out of the shower and quickly dried myself off before wrapping it around my hair. After I threw on my jeans and tank top, I brushed out my hair, then pulled it back into a ponytail.

My shoes were still resting by the bathroom
door, so I pulled them on my feet and tied the laces tightly. I stood up, looked at myself in the mirror, then opened the door and walked to my room. I pulled my phone off the charger, looking at the over twenty messages and ten missed calls from Erica.

I rolled my eyes then shoved it in my pocket before grabbing my car keys and walking out of my room.

"Alright, I'm headed out to work. I should be back no later than twelve," I told them as they looked at me.

"Be safe and call us if you need anything, Scarlett," Lola said, smiling.

"You know I will. Oh, and it was nice meeting you, Carter," I told him.

"You too, Scarlett," he said, giving yet another grin.

I waved goodbye then slipped out of the door and headed down the driveway to my car. Once I got inside and plugged my phone up, it began to rang and Erica's name popped up on the screen.

One and only is calling...

So much for that name.

"Yes, Erica," I greeted while pulling out of the driveway.

"Why haven't you been answering your phone? What the hell are you doing?"

"Lola brought a friend over and then I got ready for work, babe," I said, speeding off.

"What friend?"

"His name is Carter. They work together," I replied, stopping at a red light.

She hummed from the other side before I heard shuffling and muffled talking.

"Hurry up and come back to bed..."

I clenched my jaw and shook my head, tightening my grip on the wheel.

"Go back to your fuck buddy, I have to get to work," I mumbled.

"Baby, it's not-"

"Have fun."

I hung up the phone and quickly wiped off the one tear that fell before speeding off once the light turned green.

I'm such an idiot.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

180K 5.8K 45
Kylie Ross A well known beautiful girl, loved by many, protected and shielded from all world dangers. She is a very happy person, everyehere she goes...
64.4K 2K 26
~Completed~ "Why are you being so shy?" He whispered. "I've seen, kissed, tasted every inch of your body. There is nothing to hide." I averted my e...
Carter By unknown

Teen Fiction

61.8K 1.5K 22
Carter was stuck living with her abusive mother and step-father. She felt like she was living in a never ending cycle of sadness. It wasn't until h...
416 1 38
When Dawn moves to Jayden's school, they meet for the first time. Her past haunts her. His future isn't bright. Jayden Pierce is the leader of his g...