Pirates | Luffy x reader x Zo...

Af Icyyhot

Y/n joins Luffy's crew. She has devil fruit powers. Who will she become close to? What happens when she falls... Mere

Ch.1 Journey begins
Ch.2 Buggy the clown
Ch.3 Usopp the Liar
Ch.5 Arlong
Ch.6 Grand Line
Ch.7 Chopper
Ch.8 Alabasta
Ch.9 Crocodile
Ch.10 Mock town
Ch.11 Skypiea
Ch.12 God Eneru
Ch.13 Usopp vs Luffy
Ch.14 Enies Lobby
Ch.15 Goodbye Merry
Ch.16 Talking Skeleton
Ch.17 Sick
Ch.18 Separated
Ch.19 Training
Ch.20 Reunited
Ch.21 Fishman island
Ch.22 Hot vs. Cold
Ch.23 Momonosuke
Ch.24 Tournament
Ch.25 Doflamingo
Ch.26 Elephant
Ch.27 Luffy's arrival
Ch.28 Kaido

Ch.4 Baratie

4K 82 54
Af Icyyhot

~Y/n pov~

"This is a good restaurant. I'll take this ship." Don stated.

Sanji sat up slowly, blood was dribbling down his chin, "So.. that's what you want.."

One of the chefs fired a cannon at Don Krieg.

"You're damn annoying!"

It didn't seem to affect Don at all as he pulled out some guns and fired straight back.

"Don't defy me! When I tell you to prepare food, follow my orders."

The head chef dropped a huge bag of food in front of him.

Don looked at him with wide eyes.

He seemed to recognise the chef as he called him Zeff.

"What're you doing? What are you thinking?"

"If we revive even those on the ship, our restaurant will be completely taken over!"

"If they have the will to fight, that is.." Zeff finally spoke, "Right, defeated warrior of the Grand Line?"

"Don Krieg is a defeated warrior..."

"Then even the ruler of the East Blue couldn't..."

"You must be Red Foot Zeff." Don Krieg stated, confirming my suspicions, "So you are alive. An incomparable pirate who was a cook and yet also a captain.."

So he used to be a pirate and now he's a head chef?

"So what if I'm alive? It has nothing to do with you. As you can see, I live as a cook now." Zeff responded.

Don laughed at that, "If you put it that way, it sounds nice. Red Foot Zeff was a master of kicks sho never used his hands in battle. I hear that his strong legs crushed bedrock and even left footprints on steel. And Red Foot referred to your shoes, which were covered in blood that splattered as you kicked your enemies down. But you no longer have that precious leg of yours..."

Zeff had a wooden leg. He must've got it cut off and been defeated by someone stronger.

"I've heard the rumour.. How unlucky for you to have an accident at sea.." Don Krieg smirked, "To you, losing one of your legs must mean you are unable to fight."

"What about fighting? I can cook without a leg as long as I have these hands."

~*~

Luffy walked up to Don Krieg and pointed his finger at him, "Hold on a second! I'm the one who's gonna be King of the Pirates!"

"Hey, back off, chore boy! You're no match for him!"

"I can't back off on this." Luffy smiled.

"Did you say something, kid?" Don glared at him, "I can let it pass.."

"You don't have to. I just stated a fact." Luffy said bluntly.

"This isn't a game."

"Of course not. I'll conquer the Grand Line."

"It's no joke, you brat! It's true that we didn't have information, but a fleet with five thousand men was wiped out in just seven days! That's a devilish sea! There's no way someone like you can sail across it!" Don Krieg yelled at Luffy, "If you're not going to drop it, I'll crush you here."

"Go ahead of you can..." Luffy rolled his arm back and held him shoulder, getting ready to fight.

"Fine by me." Don growled, "As you wish, I'll send you to the netherworld."

His shoulder plates lifted up and guns appeared.

Some of the chefs backed up but Luffy stood still.

I knew he wouldn't back down.

I have a feeling Luffy's going to constantly be dragging us into situations similar to this.

"Gonna fight, Luffy? Need a hand?" Zoro placed his hand on the hilt of his sword.

Usopp stood next to me, his legs were shaking violently, indicating just how scared he was.

"If you don't need help, though, that's fine too.." Usopp added.

"Zoro. Y/n. Usopp. You stopped by? Don't worry. Just watch from there."

We did have quite a good view of a fight was going to break out.

We stood on the spiral staircase and it overlooked the main floor were people ate.

Up the steps was the kitchen.

"Yeah? Too bad." Usopp stuttered.

Zoro whacked him.

Usopp fell, "What'd you do that for!"

"Shut up! Just keep quiet." Zoro sighed in annoyance.

Don started laughing, "Are they your crew mates? That's quite a small group you got!"

"What're you saying?! I've got two more." Luffy protested but it didn't make him look any better.

"Hey! You count me, didn't you?!" Sanji yelled.

"I'll deal with you later. I'll go feed my underlings. Those who don't want to die can abandon the ship." Don Krieg lifted the heavy bag over his shoulder and exited the restaurant.

"I'm sorry, Sanji." Ghin apologised, "I never imagined this would happen..."

"That's not something you should apologise for, underling." Zeff stated, "Each cook at this restaurant acted as they felt was right. That's all."

"Owner! Why are you acting as if you're taking Sanji's side?!"

"That's right." Another chef agreed, "He's responsible for this whole thing! He's going to put your precious restaurant out of business."

"Shut up, you idiots!" Zeff yelled, "Have you felt what it's like to be on the brink of starvation?! Losing food and water on this grand ocean.. Do you know how scary it is?! Do you know how hard it is!?"

"What? What do you mean, Owner?"

"The difference between Sanji and you all is whether you know it or not."

So that's why he fed Ghin immediately. He understands.

All the chefs agreed to stay and fight for the restaurant because it was their home.

"What do you think you're doing!? You saw how powerful Don is, right?" Ghin yelled.

"Hey, Ghin." Sanji stood up and walked over to him, "Let me tell you something. Feeding someone who's hungry is my morality. But..those we'll be dealing with are plunderers with full bellies. I won't let you complain even when I beat up your fellow pirates. If someone's going to take over this restaurant, even if it's you, I'll kill them without hesitation."

~*~

The ocean began shaking violently.

We quickly ran outside and saw a ship sinking.

The bounty hunter duo were floating in the ocean.

I quickly helped them get onto the Baratie.

"Where's the ship?" I asked.

"What happened to Nami?" Luffy added.

"That's... I'm sorry. She's gone."

"Big sis Nami. She took all the treasure and ran off!"

Arlong, huh?

"What'd you say?!" Zoro, Luffy and Usopp yelled in shock.

There was a small ship in the distance but I couldn't make it out.

Zoro's eyes widened when he saw it and he leant further forward to look, "Is if possible... that's.. Hawk-eye."

"The man you've been looking for?" I asked.

Zoro nodded, "I think so. He's too far away to tell."

"Y/n. Zoro. Usopp. Go after Nami."

"What's the point?"

Luffy frowned, "I won't accept anyone but her as our navigator."

Zoro stared at Luffy's sulky face for a few seconds before sighing, "All right, all right... what a high-maintenance captain.."

"Are you staying here, Luffy?" I asked, though I already knew the answer.

Luffy nodded.

"Stay safe." I pat his head.

The ship from before was getting closer.

"Don Krieg! It's him, the man who destroyed our ship."

It got closer and closer.

"So it really is him.." Zoro muttered as he stared at the small ship, "So that man is.."

"Zoro? Who's that?" Luffy asked, noticing Zoro's facial expression.

"The man I've been looking for. Hawk-eye Mihawk." Zoro responded, "The world's strongest man.."

I knew him. He was a master swordsman.

Zoro smirked and held his swords.

"I've never seen a sword moved so gently."

"There is no strength in swordplay based only on force." Mihawk responded.

"Did you use that sword to slice up this ship as well?"

"That's right."

"I see.. You're the strongest. I came out to sea to meet you."

"What's your goal?"

"To become the strongest." Zoro tied his bandana on his head.

Mihawk smirked, "How foolish."

Zoro drew his sword, "You've got spare time, right? Let's fight!"

"This guy is Zoro! Roronoa Zoro of the Theee Swords style!" One of the pirates surrounding them said.

"Hey, this isn't good, Luffy." Usopp yelled, panicked, "The Going Merry will be out of sight soon."

Luffy ignored Usopp and continued watching the fight.

They were both stood on some wreckage from one of the ships Mihawk cut.

"This is Zoro's battle." I stated.

Luffy nodded, "Let him have his fight."

Mihawk blocked Zoro's blades with the smallest sword I had ever seen.

He's not the world's strongest swordsman for nothing.

Mihawk was clearly stronger than Zoro.

I watched with worry as the battle continued.

Mihawk plunged his blade into Zoro's chest and he wasn't able to block it.

Blood dripped to the floor.

"Are you just going to let me pierce your heart?" Mihawk asked him, "Why aren't you withdrawing?"

"I don't know why but, if I even withdrew a step, I feel like those various important things such as pledges and promises in the past will be shattered, and I won't be able to come back to where I am now.." Zoro responded.

"Yes, that's what defeat is about."

They talked for a few seconds longer and then Mihawk grabbed the sword he had on his back and pointed it at Zoro.

This wasn't looking good.

They both charged at each other and sliced.

Zoro dropped to the ground and two of his swords shattered.

I noticed more blood.

Zoro turned and held his arms out.

"What are you.." Mihawk trailed off.

Zoro smirked, "Scars on the back are a swordsman's shame.."

"Admirable.." Mihawk slashed at Zoro's chest.

I wanted to yell but I couldn't, I was frozen.

"Zoro!" Luffy yelled.

His injuries were serious.

Zoro fell down, blood flowing some his chest.

His body fell into the water.

He was going to drown. But I couldn't do anything.

I panicked.

Luffy stretched over to the boat where Mihawk was and tried to hit him.

Mihawk moved out of the way and Luffy crashed into the rubble.

Johnny and Yosaku had jumped in after Zoro and had saved him from drowning.

They swam back to the ship.

Usopp and I leant over the edge of the boat and pulled Zoro onto the boat.

He was unconscious but he was alive.

Yosaku and Johnny yelled to Zoro, crying.

"He's still alive but he's in bad condition." I told them.

"Did I worry you?" Zoro coughed and panted in exhaustion, "You need no less than the world's greatest swordsman, right?"

Zoro coughed up blood.

"I will not be defeated ever again." He pointed his sword to the sky and tears streamed down his cheeks, "Until the day I defeat him and become a master swordsman... I'll never be defeated! Got any problems with that.. King of the Pirates."

Luffy laughed, "Nope."

I decided to leave with Usopp and Zoro.

I'm sure Luffy would be fine and he'll definitely bring Sanji with him.

~*~

Usopp was sailing the boat and making sure we were going in the right direction.

I was at the other side of the boat with Zoro.

He was still unconscious and gravely injured.

Luckily, there was a first aid box on the small boat that contained bandages and disinfectant.

I carefully manoeuvred Zoro's body so I could peel his wet shirt off.

The sun should dry his shirt soon and hopefully the rest of the clothes he's wearing.

I don't want him to get sick.

That would make everything worse.

My cheeks blushed as I stared at Zoro's bare chest and all his muscle.

I slapped my cheeks. I can't get distracted.

Moving quickly, I disinfected the wounds.

Using my water element, I made it into a rubbery substance and closed all of Zoro's wounds.

It was only temporary so he wouldn't bleed out. This was about all I could do.

I wrapped the bandages around Zoro carefully and then watched him rest.

If he moved even a bit he could reopen his wounds.

I sighed tiredly as I watched over Zoro.

~*~

Zoro blinked and tried to sit up.

"Be careful! You're badly injured." I scolded him, helping him into a sitting position.

Zoro looked around and noticed Usopp navigating.

Of course, Usopp slept and I promised to keep watch for him.

It was morning again meaning I hadn't slept for almost two days straight.

The swordsman's state was making me nervous.

Why was he staring at me?

"Oi, Y/n."

I gave him my full attention and nodded in response.

"Why haven't you been sleeping?"

"I've been watching over you to make sure you didn't reopen any wounds. I also kept watch while Usopp slept."

Zoro frowned and stared at the bags under my eyes.

I didn't need a mirror to know there were bags under my eyes.

"Go to sleep." Zoro demanded.

I was expecting him to scold me for staying up but he didn't.

"But what if.."

He cut me off with a stern look.

I tried to find a way to refuse.

Sure, I was exhausted but I couldn't sleep.

I was worried about Zoro and Luffy and my mind wouldn't let me take a break.

Zoro slowly laid back down so I thought he had given up and decided to go back to sleep.

He grabbed my arm and yanked me down beside him.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Making you sleep." He replied, wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me into his side.

I tensed for a few seconds before relaxing into his warm side.

It was quite cold today. The sun was up but there was a cold breeze.

Shivering slightly, I curled into Zoro's side.

"Fine.. I'll sleep." I mumbled.

I said that and still I couldn't sleep.

After a while, Zoro noticed I was still awake.

"Why are you still awake?" He asked.

"I'm worried."

"About what?"

"You. And Luffy too. He's still back there fighting."

He smiled, "Don't worry about me anymore because I'm right here and Luffy will be just fine so don't worry."

Knowing Luffy, he'd definitely be okay but I can't help but worry.

"You're right. Thank you."

I stifled a yawn and my eyes stared to drop.

The sleep was finally kicking in.

Zoro fell alseep first.

The rise and fall off his chest reassure me that he was okay and his soft breathing lulled me to sleep.

My eyes started to close until I finally succumbed to darkness.

I felt safe in Zoro's arms.

~*~

I woke up to someone stroking my hair.

Yawning tiredly, I looked up at saw Zoro smiling down at me.

"You're finally awake." His voice was husky and he sounded like he had just woke up.

I nodded.

He smiled and pressed a kiss to my forehead.

My cheek blushed a bright red and I wiggled in his arms, trying to break free.

Zoro smirked when he saw my red cheeks.

"What was that for?" I asked.

"Nothing." Zoro continued to smirk.

I huffed and stopped struggling.

It was then I noticed the bloody bandages covering Zoro's chest.

How could I forget about the injuries.

"Do they hurt?" I asked.

Zoro hummed and then realised what I was talking about, "Yeah, but you really helped so they don't hurt as much."

I sat up and somehow managed to get away from Zoro's strong grip.

"That's reminds me, we should change the bandages."

The swordsman stayed silent and watched me as I changed his bandages.

I would feel pressured from being watched but right now I was busy concentrating on the bandages.

After a few moments, I finished tying the last of the bandages and looked at the pile of bloody bandages.

I wasn't really sure what to do with them so I just left the pile on the ground but moved it out of the way.

Zoro seemed to be almost falling asleep again.

To be fair, he was probably exhausted from the injuries.

"You can't fall asleep yet." I scolded him.

He grumbled and started dozing off again.

I sighed and went over to Usopp, asking him how he was and such.

"Are we almost there?" I asked.

Usopp pulled his goggles over his eyes and looked into the distance.

"I can see a really small island. If nothing goes wrong we'll make it there in a few hours."

I nodded, "Did you catch anything?"

Usopp nodded and told me he had already ate.

He handed me four good sized fish and told me they were for me and Zoro.

"Thanks. You're doing a good job at navigating and you even caught fish and cooked them."

Usopp grinned and scratched his cheek, "Oh it's nothing because I'm the great Captain Usopp. No need to thank me."

I laughed slightly and walked back over to Zoro.

He was slowly dozing off, though he perked up when he smelled the food.

I helped him sit up and then sat beside him and handed him the fish.

"Usopp managed to catch a few fish, eat them." I commanded.

I bit into my own fished and watched as Zoro simply stared at his.

After I nudged him, he finally took a bite of the fish.

"Are you feeling better?" I hoped he was.

Zoro nodded, "Thanks for taking care of me."

I felt my cheeks turning red again, "It was nothing."

We ate the fish in a comfortable silence.

"Usopp said we'd arrive at the island in a few hours and I know for sure there will be fighting envolved. There always is. So I hope you're ready." I told Zoro.

"Of course I'm okay to fight. I'm the crews swordsman after all. I'm not weak."

I nodded, "Of course not but.. be careful."

Zoro smiled and ruffled my hair, "Same goes to you."

~*~

"So this is the hideout of the fish man Arlong, who came from the Grand Line." Usopp stated nervously, "Is Nami really here?"

"We should check if the Going Merry is here. I saw her looking at a poster of Arlong so I assumed this is where she went." I stated.

Usopp gulped and then nodded, "Good idea."

"We're busting in." Zoro stood up.

"Why are we suddenly doing that?" Usopp yelled, "Are you stupid? We haven't even found any clues yet!"

"Forget that tedious stuff. Luffy told me to bring her back." Zoro replied, "I'm gonna do just that, no matter who we're dealing with. Let's go!"

Usopp knocked Zoro out and tied him up.

I just watched.

"There is it." Usopp looked through the binoculars, "That's the Going Merry."

I squinted my eyes at the boat and managed to make out the Going Merry.

So she really was here.

"Oi! Why'd you tie me up?" Zoro asked angrily.

Usopp ignored him and pulled out a map.

"Untie me!"

"You've been hurt so bad you're nearly dead. Just take it easy." Usopp smirked.

"He's right. You shouldn't do anything reckless." I sighed, "We should search the village first and see if Nami is there."

I knelt down beside Zoro and untied the rope.

He grumbled and stood up.

Usopp put the anchor of the ship down and then quickly ducked down when he saw three fishmen on the shore.

"Are they part of Arlong's crew?" I asked quietly.

Usopp quickly pulled the anchor up and ducked back down, pulling Zoro down too.

"Why are we going past them?" Zoro whisper-yelled.

Usopp shushed him.

"Did you see that? Those were fishmen. They're Arlong's crew! They're scary."

"What now?" I asked.

"Guess we'll just say Nami's not here." Usopp stated.

"We can't do that." I whacked him over the head.

Two of the fishmen jumped into the water.

Usopp let out a quiet yelp.

He jumped into the water and quickly swam to the shore.

"What are you doing?" Zoro yelled.

Somehow, the fishmen didn't notice Usopp swimming away and they jumped onto our boat.

"Who are you?" They asked, "Let's go back to Arlong."

I saw Zoro getting ready to draw his weapon.

Placing my hand on his, I stopped him.

"Maybe we can gather some information about Nami if we go with them." I whispered to him.

He nodded.

~*~

"I'll ask again. Just why have you come here?" Arlong asked.

"I told you already. I'm looking for a girl! Half-fished bastard." Zoro responded with an annoyed expression.

"You've got a big mouth for a lowly human. I'll excuse you this time, but never say 'half-fish' again. We fishmen are 'evolved humans' who've gained the ability to breathe underwater. Those fish abilities result in us being superior to you. As proof, we possess numerous abilities that surpass those of humans. Get it through your head that fishmen are the lord of all things. Humans defying fishmen is basically defying the laws of nature."

"I'm sick of those ridiculous opinions of yours, Arlong." Nami walked towards us.

"Don't look so stern, Nami. You may be human but you're an exception." Arlong replied, "You're a skilled surveyor and prized member of the Arlong Pirates!"

Why would she join the Arlong Pirates? I remember her telling me she hated pirates.

Was that all a lie?

"I have far more smarts than you guys. It's only natural."

"Hey, Nami. What are you doing?" Zoro asked.

"Oh, he's an acquaintance of yours?" Arlong asked Nami.

Nami scoffed, "Don't be ridiculous. They're my prey. I swiped a whole load of treasure from them. To think they'd follow me here without any idea I tricked them..."

"I thought you hate pirates.." I trailed off, "So everything was just a lie?"

"Surprised?" Nami smirked, "It was all an act. Does this make it clear enough?"

She showed us the blue mark on her arm.

It was the symbol of the Arlong pirates.

"Well? Now do you see?" Nami asked, "I was only using you guys from the very start. You had some decent skill, and you were good suckers worth using."

Arlong laughed, "So you had them completely fooled. This girl's like a cold-blooded witch, she'll even forget about her own parent's death for money!"

Nami tensed when he said that and had a horrified facial expression.

So she's not in Arlong's crew by choice? It's to survive.

Luffy will definitely want to save her and won't abandon her.

"Just chalk it up to bad luck that you crossed her and give up." Arlong told us.

"I see. Though it's not like I trusted her to begin with." Zoro smirked, "Even if she were a homicidal maniac, I wouldn't be too surprised."

Nami pushed us into the water.

I started sinking rapidly and I knew Zoro was in no state to swim.

What will you do now Nami?

I stared up at her blurry face.

Will you watch us die?

After a few moments, Nami jumped in and saved us both.

I coughed out water as soon as I was back on land.

"Why'd you bother saving us, Nami?" I smirked at her.

I knew she couldn't watch us die. She actually somewhat cared about us.

~*~

Nami dumped us into an empty room.

Just before she left, she turned to us and said, "Hurry and escape. Before Arlong comes back."

She didn't even both tying us up and she gave Zoro his sword back.

"We're not leaving." I told Zoro.

Zoro nodded, "Luffy's too stubborn for that."

When we looked around the corner where all the fishmen were, Arlong was gone.

It would be easy to take out his crew since they're weaker than he is.

We quickly knocked them all out.

Zoro smirked and sat on his throne.

"Luffy's probably almost here." I stated, "I wonder what to do now."

I sat against the wall and just relaxed.

Oh well. We should just wait for Luffy or for Arlong to come back.

If it's just him we can gang up on him and beat him.

~*~

_____________________________________
4013 words

A/n it was like 2am when I wrote this but I had this idea and I was like I must write before I forget.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

1.1K 9 7
Y/N a new member of the straw hats enjoys her life as a pirate and gains a connection with the Captain of the heart pirates Trafalgar D water Law dur...
49.6K 712 9
Nami has been having thoughts about her captain, even though she doesn't want to. Can she suppress her feelings or will she let them out? And how wil...
1.6K 5 139
In this story, it will be about a girl who lost her brother when she was little and was taken in by a young boy named Luffy. A boy who said he would...
1.1K 28 14
After escaping the guards, Y/N ran to the woods where she meet two boys soon after known as Ace and Sabo, she became close with them but keeping some...