The Bet | Jeon Wonwoo

By womwoo

"Dare to bet? If you can get Saebyul, I will give you $5k." "Deal." When Jeon Wonwoo accepted a bet from his... More

Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Last Chapter

Chapter 21

8.5K 319 277
By womwoo

"Did I..?" Saebyul frowned.

"First, you're happy whenever he's around you. Second, you're always looking forward to spend time with him but you played hard to get. Third, he's the only person you hope to see at school." Sora confirmed with a proud and bright smile.

"Really? No way." Saebyul frowned again.

"You like him." Sora gave her a death glare.

"Hmm.. But did he really like me?"

"First, he've done things you've never seen him done to the other girls before. Second, he always find a time and reason to be with you. Third, he told you his secret. Remember? When you guys went to the rooftop." Sora gave Saebyul this convincing look.

"Hmm okay."

"Stop thinking that he's up to something. I don't think so? I know I've never seen him but from how you told me everything, maybe he really is falling for you." Sora patted Saebyul's shoulder.

"Thanks Sora.. But.. Do you think it's the right time? I mean.. He will be having his csat soon." Saebyul muttered.

"He will graduate soon, shouldn't you be hurry? What if it's too late? What if you never see him again after that?" Sora raised an eyebrow.

"Don't say that!"

-

"Aren't you going to have your lunch?" Soonyoung asked Saebyul who is now busy putting her pencil, pen and other stuffs into her pencil case.

"I am, after I finished this."

"Then let's go together!" He exclaimed, Saebyul raised an eyebrow as she stared at Soonyoung.

"But I think Wonwoo-"

"That's fine, I can leave you with him if he wants to have lunch with you." He smiled.

And the two went to the cafeteria with Soonyoung talking without stoping which actually peeved Saebyul.

"You talk too much." She complained.

"Uhh.. Hahahaha.. Sorry if I annoyed you." He scratched the back of his head while wearing a sheepish apologetic smile.

"That's fine."

"By the way.. May I know how are you and Wonwoo friends? I mean.. I heard that he's the famous guy here with his three other friends.. I don't know if it's true or not but I heard they are all playboys.. I'm sorry if what I heard was wrong, I didn't mean to-"

"You're not entirely wrong." Saebyul cut him off.

"Huh?"

"Some of them are playboys and some are not. That guy who claimed that I am his girlfriend is not a playboy. But I think they're slowly changing to be better ever since." She smiled.

"May I know why he said you're his girlfriend?" Soonyoung tilted his head in confusion.

"Because he's lonely. There's tons of girls who goes crazy over him but he keep coming to me." Saebyul crossed both her arms and blew her hair.

That was when she felt a hand around the back of her waist and got pulled closer.

"What are you doing with my girlfriend?" It was Wonwoo, he asked Soonyoung with a deep scary monotone voice while wearing his poker face.

"She is not your girlfriend." Soonyoung rebuked.

"Do you want to have your lunch with me or him?" Wonwoo questioned as he put his hands inside pockets.

"You don't have to ask her that. You can go and have your lunch with her." And by that, Soonyoung walked away. Saebyul abruptly pushed Wonwoo away.

"Stop saying that I am your girlfriend." She retorted sternly.

The two are eating in silence, Wonwoo didn't know how to start a conversation since Saebyul looks like she's in a bad mood.

"Do you really like me?" She suddenly asked, shattering the silence.

"Huh? Y-yeah.. I really really really like you." Wonwoo bluntly answered her.

"In what way?"

"In every way possible."

Saebyul stared at him with a questioning yet doubtful look.

"I like you, Ryu Saebyul."

"Okay."

"Okay? What does that supposed to mean? Like, did you rejected me twice now or did you just said that as an acknowledgement or did you need time to answer or does that mean you are my girlfriend now?" Wonwoo raised an eyebrow.

"As an acknowledgement."

Wonwoo have his mouth slightly opened and nodded understandingly after that. Not saying anything, he continued eating in silence.

"I.."

"You?"

"Nah, it's okay. I'll tell you later after school." Saebyul smiled.

"Don't forget to tell the boys that I'll give their oreo cheesecake later after school." She added.

-

"Did you guys fight?" Seungcheol asked. The boys are now sitting on the bleachers while eating sandwiches after Wonwoo had done his lunch with Saebyul. He decided to spend the remaining time left with the boys.

"No."

"Then what happened?"

"She rejected me, again." Hearing that, the boys laughed over Wonwoo.

"By this, I confirmed you lost the bet. You lost $5k for not being able to get Saebyul." Mingyu chuckled.

That was when they heard someone running away. They looked around but didn't see any glimpse of a single person and shrugged it off.

"But then, Wonwoo fell for her now. He's doing it not because of the bet. He's doing it because he really does have feelings for her. Am I right?" Seungcheol raised an eyebrow.

"Who needs $5k, I need her."

"BLEKK!!!!!"

"Guys, I never expected I would lose the bet. But that's okay. Come to think of it, I don't need the money.. And thanks for actually making me do the bet. I fell so hard on her." Wonwoo chuckled.

"When was the last time he's this cheesy?"

"I know right."

"I can't believe Saebyul is very different from any other girls. Isn't it funny that there's actually someone who does not goes crazy over us? Over me? Wow. The other girls said that I am handsome but for her, I'm not handsome?" Wonwoo shook his head.

"He's full of himself."

"Let him be."

-

"Hmm.. What should I say to her? Ugh, I'll just act normal." Wonwoo messed his hair.

"What is it that she wanna tell me? God, I'm curious and nervous." He shivered.

"Dude, relax and stand still!" Seungcheol scolded him.

"Oh, hey Saebyul!" He greeted her as soon as he saw her.

"What do you wanna do with the $5k?" Hearing Saebyul's question, Wonwoo's heart throbs at the fastest rate possible. The other boys got their eyes widened.

"What are-"

"Answer me."

"Saebyul-"

"I was wondering why you would need that much money. To pay for your mother's hospital bills? To buy another motorbike?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Look, everything isn't like what you think-"

"This is not a joke, Wonwoo. Messing with a person's feelings? I was so happy today, I was gonna be honest about my feelings. Guess I was stupid and easy for you and you guys to fool?" She reprimanded sternly as she pointed her finger to each one of them.

"But my feelings are-"

"The things you've done to me, the secrets you told me, everything was just part of the game?" She scoffed before nodding her head.

"I should've trusted my guts since the beginning." She smiled in a sarcastic way.

"Saebyul ah, please let Wonwoo and us explain."

"What's more to explain?" Saebyul's eyes went teary.

"You guys are all awesome for making me as a bet. I must look like an object to you guys? I was so stupid to actually fell for you. Thank you very much for everything, Jeon Wonwoo." She rolled her eyes.

"And these, eat as much as you guys want." She threw the four small boxes away to them which have oreo cheesecakes inside.

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.5K 659 19
In which a delightful junior fell first, but the snobbish senior fell harder. Started: 08/04/22 Ended: 08/12/22 Reading Time: 48 minutes [UNEDITED...
216K 4.6K 32
"GOSH! He's so hot!" "What do you want from me." "You're annoying." But.. You still like him.
8.5K 700 19
"What if I tell you that I could give you all the happiness in this world, would you believe me?" "Can you really do that?" "Of course." Their lives...
257K 13.6K 54
Jeon Wonwoo suffered from social anxiety. ©gyusuke 2019 | completed