Scars Of Cruelty // noble hou...

By jdawgdudes

The noble and most ancient house of black are said to produce young witches and wizards with superior magic... More

Prologue
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chaper six
Chapter seven
Chaper nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter ninteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Chapter twenty five
Chapter twenty six
Chapter twenty seven
Chapter twenty eight
Chapter twenty nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty one
Chapter thirty two
ANNOUNCEMENT

Chapter eight

8.6K 297 71
By jdawgdudes

1990

Narcissa sat in the uncomfortable chair, she had started coming to st Mungos every single day ever since Draco had turned ten, because he reminded Narcissa more and more of Cassiopeia everyday. It was unsettling to see so much off her in him.

"Mum a load of ministry officials have just been asking about aunt cassie at the front desk" Draco announced as he came back into the private room they had and jumped on the end of Cassie's bed.

"Oh merlin, what day is it?" Narcissa jumped up and tried to make her hair look more presentable in the mirror.

"Uhm" he picked up the daily prophet from the side table, "it's the 3rd" he said as he popped a fizzing wizbee into his mouth.

"They're coming to assess her today, they do it every year" she ushered her son of the bed and fixed her blankets.

"Why?" Draco perched himself on the window sill.

"They have a team at the ministry that work on all things obscurial, essentially they're trying to find something to help her regain control so hopefully she wakes up" Narcissa smiled at Draco and then at her sister.

"I still don't understand it" he shrugged.

Narcissa held Cassiopeia's hand and that same cold chill spread threw her arm, she thought her arms would never be warm again after all these years of sitting holding her sisters hand. She wished this had never happened but at the end of the day she was just happy that she hadn't met the fate of most people who had been recorded to be an Obscurial.

Just as Draco had told her two ministry officials entered the room knocking on the door as they came in, it was always the same two aurors. The same ones who had found Cassie on that night ten years ago, though they had both aged considerably just as Narcissa had unlike Cassie who was still the picture of youth frozen at the age of ten.

"Good evening Mckellen, Anderson" Narcissa greeted as she shook both of their hands.

"Lovely to see you again mrs Malfoy" Anderson smiled.

"Wow you must be Draco, last time we seen you I think you were about 4 running around this very same room causing trouble" Mckellen said as he moved to shake Dracos hand.

"Mum I'm going to get a drink" Draco said as he gave her a kiss on the cheek and left the room.

Narcissa cursed her son for leaving her to deal with this alone but there was not a chance in hell that she was going to let these men see any weakness.

"So have you came up with anything new or is it just a check up?" She smiled summoning chairs for the two of them.

"Well we'd like to try something, of course we need your permission as it's still experimental but this case is a rare situation" Anderson went on pulling forms out of a briefcase.

"The team have been working on a way to put a sort of cap on her power, it's a cuff of sorts." Mckellen chirped in.

"What do you mean a cuff" Narcissa questioned.

"Well we've made a bracelet, if we put it on her and it works then there's a spell to bind it so it can be monitored by the ministry" Anderson said as he reached in and revealed a thick black cuff.

"What exactly does it do" Narcissa raised an eyebrow.

"If it works then she won't be able to access the full extent of her power, not until she's fifteen but it should help to bring her out of whatever protection spell is around her." Anderson added.

"What are you saying, does that mean-" she paused looking over to her sister laying still in the bed with tear filled eyes.

"Yes Narcissa, this could wake her up" Mckellen smiled.

"What are we waiting for them come on" she half shouted getting to her feet.

"We still need you to go over the paperwork, there's quite a bit to sign. Also with her still being underage and an orphan we need to arrange where she's going to be residing." Anderson said in a rush.

"Don't be stupid, she's my sister she'll live with me that isn't a question that needs looking into" she gave them a vicious look.

"Okay well if you just take a look through this and sign were it tells you too then we can get started." Anderson handed her a stack of parchment.

Quickly Narcissa scanned every word on the multiple sheets of parchment trying to hold in her excitement, signing every so often. After twenty minutes she was done. Mckellen and Anderson said they needed to set up the room just in case it went wrong and it was going to take a while so she set out to find Draco.

Draco was sitting in the visitors room in front of the fireplace playing what looked to be a very intense game of wizards chess with a boy his age. Draco was surprised at how good he was at the game because he looked quite helpless, his cheeks were flushed red making his freckles on his nose more prominent and his curly brown hair clearly needed a trim as it was falling into his eyes.

The other boy wouldn't engage in conversation only giving the game pieces orders when he needed to and avoiding Draco's eye contact nervously. Although draco wasn't complaining as this wasn't the first time they had played, the two of them were the only kids who were continuously here so they played a lot of chess, though they never actually had a real conversation they just communicated through nods and small gestures.

"Draco, come" Narcissa who had finally found her son called.

"Can I not finish my game" he questioned.

"No sweetheart, I'm sorry but it's an emergency" she gave the other boy a sweet smile.

"Fine, see you soon mate" Draco said nodding too his companion and leaving the room with his mother.

"Who's your friend?" Narcissa asked.

"I don't actually know his name, we just play chess a lot. What's the emergency anyway is aunt Cassie okay" Draco changed the topic.

"Yes honey she's fine but we think we finally have a way to wake her so I'm going to take you home"

"Wait why do I have to go home, I want to meet her." He argued.

"I know, and you will but for now I don't want to overwhelm her. A lot has happened in he last ten years." Narcissa reminisced.

With that Narcissa took her sons hand and apperated them back to Malfoy manor.

———————————————————————

Once the hospital room was prepped Mckellen called for Narcissa who was waiting outside, he explained that it could be dangerous and it might not work but she didn't care she was going to be there for her little sister now because she wasn't before.

"Ready" Anderson called to his partner.

"As I'll ever be, now let's meet the girl we've spent the last decade trying to save" he shot him a wink and handed him the cuff.

Anderson wrapped the cuff around Cassie's wrist and whispered an incantation that made it seal its self shut, Cassie's face frowned and suddenly that blue glow that had been encasing her started to fade. It was like it was absorbing into her skin.

Narcissa's eyes pooled with tears watching the events unfolded. With no warning Cassie let out a deep gasp and shot up bringing her knees to her chest. As she looked up she met the cold blue eyes of her sister.

"Cissy" she panted.

"Cass! Your awake" Narcissa ran to her sisters side and pulled her close cradling her.

"What happened, where am I? Where's father?" She questioned looking around the room.

"Your at st Mungos, I'll explain to you what happened later but right now we need to make sure your okay" she said through cries of happiness. "These aurors are going to ask you a few questions" she smiled.

"First things first, do you have your memories, let's start simple what's your full name" Anderson said as he approached the two embracing witches.

"Oh erm, my name is Cassiopeia Vega Black" she croaked.

"Good, what's the last thing you can remember."

"I was in the library and I accidentally set it on fire and then- then our father he- he cruciod me, then it goes blank" she stuttered trying to recal the events.

Mckellen was taking notes and occasionally flipping through the parchment as if he was comparing facts.

"Okay well we'll leave you to rest and Narcissa can fill you in on what's happened." Anderson said as he walked towards the door.

"It's amazing to finally meet you" Mckellen said as he stood to follow his partner, "we're going to leave an auror here until you can go home just as a security measure. Have a good night" he closed the door behind him.

Narcissa grabbed a hold of Cassiopeias face and just studied it before hugging her again. Cassie was also studying her sisters face but for different reasons, this wasn't the face she had known. Narcissa used to be flawless with smooth blemishless skin and bright eyes, now her eyes looked worn out and tired, her skin was slightly worn and she had small wrinkles around her eyes and her face was thinner.

"What happened" Cassie lifted her hand and ran it across her sisters face.

"You've been out for a long time Cassie"

"How long" her eyes stang.

"It's been ten years sister" she said looking at Cassie's face drop.

"Lord Voldemort? Where is he" Cassie said sitting herself up. She didn't want to risk loosing control again.

"He's gone, he was killed not long after you had your accident" she held her sisters hand.

"No, no I need him Narcissa. I can't control myself without him" she backed away from her sister.

"You don't, not any more. That's what that is for" the older witch pointed to the cuff on her wrist.

"What is it" she tugged on it but it didn't budge.

"It's to help you learn control, that cuff won't let you loose control."

Cassie let out a humourless laugh and ran her hands threw her hair. They stayed silent for a few minutes before Cassie spoke again,

"You said I had an accident... what happened"

"Well we know up to a certain point. After father put out the fire and hurt you it seems that your magic tired to fight back." She looked at her sister with sad eyes.

Cassie nodded for her to carry on.

"No one blames you for this Cass, it was his own fault and he deserved it but- but when we got there father was dead. It was like the life was sucked out of him it hadn't even been an hour and he looked like he'd been a corpse for months" she said swallowing a ball of fright in her throat.

"Great, oh that's just great. So now I've killed both of our parents" Cassie laughed manically. "I might as well do you, Bella and andromeda next, put an end to the bloodline and whatnot"

Cassie burst into tears and Narcissa wrapped her arms around the small girl.

"Hush sister, it's okay. Your safe now" she ran her hands through her dark hair.

"What is wrong with me" she sobbed.

"There is nothing wrong with you, now you need to rest, I'll tell you some more later on. I'm going to get you some food" Narcissa stood and pulled the covers over Cassie's small frame.

As Narcissa reached the door Cassie let out a gasp.

"You were pregnant, what happened"

"Ten years happened sister, and your nephew can't wait to meet you" she smiled leaving the room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...