I Hear You

By Only_4_LisKooK

For her, love is as hard to come by as if it were made in Heaven. For him, love is asking oneself whether he... More

01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
9
10.
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
Epilogue

49

1K 47 4
By Only_4_LisKooK

One afternoon after a week, Lisa received the call from "Love" wedding photography studio's call, as before it was the cordial girl, who called her before, she told her that she passed the second interview.

For this, Lisa was quite surprised. Because it was quite a long time ago.

"Because in previous period of time, our employees were in process of adjustment, that cause we just call now. I'm apologize for this." That cordial girl said.

"Let me consider for a while and I will reply you as soon as possible."

The only reason why Lisa hesitated because she already planned with Jubgkook to want a child. Except for in keeping their body healthy, she also considered Taeming's illness. Up until now, Taeming was extremely cooperative in undergoing his treatments. He was really obedient that make people so surprised. Nara told Lisa privately that it was because he wants to live a bit longer and has a chance to meet his grandchildren.

"Even if just for a glance, he will have no regret." Nara said.

Jungkook returned home, and Lisa discussed this matter with him.

"Just decide it by yourself." Jungkook said.

"Even I work tomorrow and currently I don't be prepared to have a child, you will listen to me too?"

"Yes."

"How could you be so tolerant?" Lisa was in doubt, she extended her hand to pinch his face: "Don't force yourself."

"During the pregnancy, you will use your energy more than me. You need ten months to carry him, so it's up to you."

Lisa took her hand back and be quiet. After several moment: "I will help you first to tidy up your suitcase. Tomorrow you need to go."

Tomorrow Jungkook will go Bei Jing to inspect the illness of animals in the small village. The living condition in there is worse. So the research institute asked several researchers to come and observe. Originally, it was Daehan. But after the accident he was still in recovery process so Jungkook took initiative to replace him.

"Okay." Jungkook went to his table to manage his e-mail. Before he went there, he said: "Don't forget to bring me one of your photo."

"I already put it inside your itinerary book." Lisa mumbled to herself: "Remember to not give anyone a look."

"Don't worry. I will not let anyone peeks and lusts over my wife's photo."

"............"

Lisa was done tidying up Jungkook's suitcase, then went to the kitchen to cut some fruits for him to eat.

Jungkook then seized the opportunity to let her sit down on his thigh. He hugged her and asked: "This time it will be half month, don't miss me too much."

"What if I miss you so much, what should I do?"

"Hold it. Wait until I come home and I will make it up to you."

"........."

It's clear that she didn't mean that! But it was no point in explaining it, he also wouldn't let her explain.....

Lisa was a bit unhappy the first day he left. It was the first time that she felt the apartment was so empty. Moreover, it was quite windy that day, she felt herself to live in icy place.

She went to have an afternoon tea with Jisoo. She listed anything that she felt unwell about Jungkook's leaving. Jisoo was very despicable: "Where is your independence?"

"After being together with him, my independence level has dropped like a kindergarten student." Lisa declared the fact without any shame.

"Every day you bully me, where is your sense!"

"Who ask you to have no boyfriend."

Jisoo was speechless.

Lisa looked calm and ate her red tea cake: "If you once again refuse to go to meet up with the man your mother asked then it shows that you are not moving on from your crush with my nephew."

"Don't you touch my sore spot."

"Then hurry up and look for a boyfriend. Don't be passive."

"After becoming Mrs Jeon why your words became so harsh?" Jisoo put down her cup then explained to her: "I am not doing that in purpose, I just feel that current condition is quite good. I'm free and easy, there is no trouble. I'm really happy."

"If it's the point then I could understand." Lisa said then lowered her head for a while to reply to Jungkook message."

"It's really too much. Every hour you will send a message to your husband. You don't wait until you are done talking with me then reply to his message!"

"Okay, when I finish replying this I will chat with you."

This couldn't be blamed entirely to Lisa. This period of time she could only communicate with him through message. He was so busy from morning to night. She wanted to communicate with him and make sure to use every second and every inch of his free time. Moreover after two days, Jungkook will go up to the mountain and stay there for two days. It will be hard to have a signal. So naturally she wanted to seize this opportunity to send more messages to him.

At night, Lisa sent another message, it was about the love letters that was trending in the internet.

"Crab is peeling my shell. The notebook writes about me. The falling snowflake-like maple like fell down. And you are missing me."

Then she said: "See he is very talented. His love letter is really good. A lot of people reprinted his words."

"Really?" After a while, Jungkook replied.

"Could you do it?"

After a minute, Jungkook sent his love letter.

"Lisa. Wife. Old woman."

Lisa couldn't understand it, she asked for his explanation. Especially for the last sentence.

"It was your past, now and future progression of status."

".............."

In a flash, Lisa understood, his meaning was before she is Lisa, then she got promoted to his wife, then at last she would progress to old woman?

"He is concisely an expert." He said.

"I don't even being moved by it." Lisa laughed.

This night she slept soundly.

The next day Jungkook got up the mountain, his signal was weak so Lisa couldn't contact him.

Jisung called her.

"Lisa, tomorrow night let's go together to Yan Xiang Ge to eat."

"Mama will also come?" Lisa tried to confirm.

"Right, she will."

"O, okay."

Yang Xiang Ge is Jisung's favorite restaurant. Inside there were a pond full of mandarin fishes that he kept on praising. In years for his birthday or happy days, three of them as family would go there to eat.

Thing changes with the passage of time. Lisa felt a bit complex when she remembered those moments.

In the evening at five thirty, Lisa arrived at Yan Xiang Ge, Jisung and Hana already sat inside the private room.

Looking that Lisa was here, Hana opened her eyes and looked at her without saying anything.

This dinner was a bit awkward. In the beginning Jisung had tried to be peacemaker to smooth the atmosphere, but it was useless because Hana's attitude was really cold. Lisa also didn't want to say anything. The atmosphere was cold.

He served bowl of soups for his ex-wife and daughter and with full of affection and thoughtfulness, he said: "No matter whether there will be a chance or not for having dinner together or gathering together. You guys both are the most important woman in my heart."

Lisa said: "Papa."

Hana lowered her gaze and didn't show any expression.

"Lisa, I and your Mama hope that you will live happily. You and your husband can be happier than us." Jisung said.

"I know." Lisa nodded.

Hana started to talk after being quiet for long time: "Your current decision is really a big one. If you are disdain to my words, then hear me out if not I will not waste any of my energy to talk. My last warning, don't be fawning toward your in-law. You need to have what should you have. Remember that they are not your parents, there is a limit of their love for you. For this, you need to know. And don't play dumb."

It's not really a pleasant thing to hear, but Lisa could noticed her care in those words. She didn't dispute it and just be quiet.

Her phone rang and Lisa answered it, it was from Mingyu.

Mingyu's tone was somewhat strange: "Lisa, now I need to tell you something. Please calm down."

"What?" Lisa suddenly was really calm. She gripped her phone tightly.

"Kook is in accident. There was a disagreement between workers and people around. Among them, there is someone with mental disorder, he took a knife and stabbed it to Jungkook. The ambulance took a long time to go up to the mountain, it delayed sometime......"

"How is he now!"Lisa couldn't wait until Mingyu finished his words, and cut him off.

"Now I don't really know what happened. They just told me to call his family member, so the first time I call you."

"Give me the address, I will go there now."

"Wait, I will send you the detailed address."

Lisa hung up and her whole face turned pale. Jisung and Hana were surprised. They asked her about what happened. She didn't answer and just stared at her phone. In short minutes, she looked powerless, her eyes were teary, her hands and legs were cold. Her brain was blanked.

She even didn't care about her parents.

"What happened? Hurry up tell us!" Hana was worried. She never saw her daughter to be this way.

"Lisa, Lisa, drink something hot first." Jisung poured a hot drink for Lisa.

Lisa didn't take it. She stared at the phone until she got the message from Mingyu. She immediately stood up and went toward the door.

"Where are you going?!"

Hana and Jisung chase after her and one of them held her hand.

"I want to look for Jungkook, he is in accident." Lisa was full of cold seat. Her face was really paled.

"He is in accident, you want to see him? How will you go there?" Jisung asked anxiously.

"There will be a night flight in the airport, then I will take a bus again." Lisa said, "I need to be quick, if not it will be too late."

"Look at the mirror, your face is paler than a paper. How could you go now?! Maybe it's a misunderstanding. Let's sit down and wait for a while!" Hana held her arm strongly.

"There's no time." Lisa's eyes were red. Her heart was in pain. She said loudly: "I don't have anymore time! Let me go!"

"Sit down! Calm yourself down!" Hana snarled.

"He is my husband, how could you ask me to be calmed!" Lisa was hysterical.

"Give me your phone, sit down. I will ask someone to book a flight, it will be more effective that you!" Hana commanded.

Hearing that Lisa passed her phone to Hana. She called her secretary and let Jisung watched Lisa. Jisung comforted her that it will be okay.

Waiting until Hana's secretary booking process, Hana looked at Lisa and said worriedly: "I never see you be like this, simply looks like you are dying."

Lisa talked to herself. It was so low that only someone beside her, which was Jisung, that could hear it. His heart was being surprised because his daughter said that if something bad happened to Jungkook, she will not know what the meaning of her life anymore.

"Lisa, sit down." Jisung patted her shoulder. Then let her sit down. He supported him, "Jungkook will be okay, trust Papa."

"Don't you say to me before that his blood clotting capability is really good, he will a long life right? So he will be okay."

Lisa's shoulders were shivering. She couldn't control her feeling. Looking at this Jisung hugged her. Even Hana couldn't bare to see it. She stroked her hair and said: "Trust your father."

The time passed by and suddenly Lisa's phone rang. It was an unknown number. She answered.

"Hello."

"Lisa." A familiar voice said.

"Kook?" She confirmed cautiously.

"It's me. I'm okay. The news is wrong, it's not me. They are calling Mingyu know to correct an error."

"Really?"

"Really?"

"Where are you now?"

"I just got down from the mountain. I will help the victims to the hospital."

"Where are you?" Lisa was still absent-minded.

"I'm here." He said clearly, "I'm here beside your ear."

Lisa cried in grief and loud, beside her, Jisung and Hana kept on appeasing her, Jungkook also tried to calm her down, but it was useless.

"Sorry, I let you worry." He said.

"Then could you come home tomorrow?" Lisa took the tissue that passed by Hana.

"I will go home tomorrow."

"Yes.... it's settled then."

"Right, wait for me."

"Yes." At last she still wanted to confirm: "Kookie?"

"I'm here." He replied patiently.

I'm here. These words showed a loving, powerful and resonating promise.

These sentences also gave her most pleasant and touching confession.

She laughed. It was the first time she experienced this.

"I will wait for you to come home."

"Yes, I will leave tomorrow." He paused for a second and said: "I love you."

~The End ~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184K 5.9K 44
❝ who says nerds can't be beautiful? ❞ Lisa is a young girl who lost her parents at a very young age and was adopted by her close friend of her paren...
219K 16.1K 77
Lisa lived for twenty six years before she knew that she had a sudden genetic disease. There was no medicine for it, and there was only death waiting...
229K 13.1K 52
Before getting married, Lisa knew that her fiancee had a girl he was secretly in love with for years. After the divorce, she found out that the girl...
154K 3.9K 25
"am I not enough for you to cheat on me? is my heart a toy for you to play with it?!" I shouted at him. he didn't look guilty nor afraid as he smirke...