Silence

By ohdearenisdc

Part 1 {Silence} COMPLETED Part 2 {Noise} COMPLETED Part 3 {Continuation} ONGOING- (SEPERATE BOOK) Aspen Orin... More

{Updated} A/N and Characters
{1} Silence
{2} Quiet
{3} Peace
{4} Stillness
{5} Lull
{6} Serenity
{7} Hushed
{8} Tranquility
{9} Solitude
{10} Rest
{11} Muffled
{12} Shush
{13} Mute
{14} Unheard
{15} Inaudible
{16} Soothe
{17} Speechless
{18} Placid
{19} Gentle
{20} Lonely
{21} Unclear
{22} Low
{23} Soundless
{24} Reserved
{25} Secretive
{26} Reticent
{28} Composure
{29} Whist
{30} Incoherent
{31} Equanimity
{32} Faint
{33} Stifled
{34} Hazy
{35} Dull
{36} Feeble
{37} Vague
{38} Faltering
{39} Hesitance
{40} The Final Silence
Character Q&A
{1.2} Noise
{2.2} Loud
{3.2} Crash
{4.2} Piercing
{5.2} Ringing
{6.2} Enhanced
{7.2} Screech
{8.2} Whistle
{9.2} Echo
{10.2} Boom
{11.2} Commotion
{12.2} Unruly
{13.2} Deep
{14.2} Ruckus
{15.2} Yell
{16.2} Deafening
{17.2} Static
{18.2} Shrill
{19.2} Emphatic
{20.5} Language
{21.5} Snap
{22.2} Powerful
{23.2} Cry
{24.2} Uproarious
{25.2} Melody
{26.2} Blare
{27.2} Scream
{28.2} Thundering
{29.2} The Final Noise
Epilogue
{Bonus 1} Love
AUTHORS NOTE :)

{27} Sedate

15K 505 179
By ohdearenisdc

{Aspen's POV}

It's been two days now since Fay and I got our pedicures. Two days longer than my brothers said they would be gone and yet, they are still where ever they are. It's starting to frustrate me even more that I cant know anything because Sorin and Ambrose stopped our phone calls. The only reason I know they're even alive is because Jasper told me, and I quote "They're getting sh*t done and they don't need you distracting them." 

What lovely brothers I have.

It's Saturday so I can finally have a break from school. Kohen and I are currently driving to somewhere I am very excited for.  With little convincing, Kohen agreed to take me here and I'm really glad he did. 

"There it is!" I point to the little building in the near distance.

"That's it?" Kohen asks, seemingly unimpressed.

"Yes, that's it" I respond and he raises his eyebrows while pulling into the lot. 

I can hardly wait for him to park and when he does, I rush out of the vehicle. Kohen seems to take his time, enough so that I go around to his side and impatiently open his door. He rolls his eyes and trails behind me as I rush into the building.

The fragrant smell of baked goods immediately greets me when I step inside. The little chime dings and some rustling can be heard from the back of the bakery. I approach the counter, looking over the selection of baked goods before the door to the back swings open. The little bakery owner spots me immediately and her eyes widen in shock.

"Goodness deary, come, come in! How have you been?" She rushes out.

"I've been good miss, how about you?" I reply with a genuine smile and not-so genuine answer.

"Oh please with the miss." She waves her hand. "Call me Dorie, and you! I never even got your name before your brother came." She says, referring to Hudson.

"I'm Aspen, and this is my brother Kohen." I gesture to Kohen who is looking over the selection of baked goods. 

"What a beautiful name." She says with a big smile. "Now, what will you have today?"

"My brother and I came for some desserts to bring home. We'll take a box of whatever you recommend." 

"Nonsense. You'll stay a bit, I actually just finished baking a batch of brownie cookies. Both of you, please sit," She gestures to some stools by the counter. "And I'll go grab those right now." 

Kohen and I do as she says as she scurries to the back. Kohen looks over to me and I look back at him. He smiles at me and I furrow my eyebrows as to why. It's then I realize I have a gigantic smile on my face. It's not a normal occurrence, especially this past week and few days. 

Dorie then comes back to the counter and gives us each a cookie. Kohen shamelessly digs in right away and I do the same. 

When I tell you this is absolute perfection, It's not an exaggeration. 

I can tell Kohen feels the same when I notice his gone after 5 seconds. Dorie chuckles at his antics and goes to the back to grab some more. 

Kohen and I stay for about another 20 minutes. Dorie and I talk about how she opened the shop and I tell her about my baking competition which she offered to let me practice in her kitchen for. I immediately accepted the offer, with Kohen's permission. Now for the next two Mondays leading up to the competition, I will be baking here at the shop for practice. 

After a text message, Kohen insists that we leave.

"Aspen, go wait outside by the car." Kohen commands.

"Goodbye Dorie" I say with a grin.

"Goodbye deary I'll see you Monday."

I give her a small nod and make my way outside. I stop beside Kohens car and look inside the bakery through the window. Kohen talks to Dorie for a minute before handing her something I cant quite recognize. It looks almost like an envelope. Dorie's face turns from calm into one of pure shock. To my surprise, she hugs Kohen and he hesitantly hugs her back with a few awkward pats.

Dorie pulls away and wipes tears from her eyes. Koehn says a few more things before finally coming outside. He opens the door for me and I get in, still wondering what happened inside the bakery. Kohen goes around the car to his side and gets in. 

"What happened inside there?" I question.

"Nothing of your concern." Ah a classic Karieo answer.

 Kohen starts to drive away and I lean my head against the window. I like driving with Kohen because he doesn't talk much and never puts the radio on. It's very peaceful compared to Jasper. 

After a fairly silent drive, we're back at my brother's mansion. Kohen pulls into the garage and we both get out of the car. Kohen opens the door for me and we walk together to the kitchen to put away the box of sweet treats. 

I'm surprised to find Ambrose leaning against the kitchen island, sipping a cup of coffee. I cant fight the grin that appears on my face.

They're finally back.

"Hey there."

"Hi" I squeak out excitedly.

Kohen looks shocked at Ambrose, mouth slightly agape. 

"What is it little brother? Not happy to see me?" Ambrose asks Kohen, smirking slightly.

"I- what are you doing back?" Kohen asks confused.

"Most things went as expected. Only one delay that Cas had to take care of before we came back. Now almost everything is set. Cas will fill you in, there's one more step." Ambrose says vaguely but Kohen seems to understand. Ambrose then turns his attention to me and walks over until he is stood in front of me. He places his hands on my shoulders and looks me in the eyes. "And how have you been, dear sister?" 

"You know, just dandy. These fools have been a real treat since being in charge." 

Ambrose lets out a soft chuckle and Kohen shouts "HEY" in protest.

"Better watch it As." Kohen says with a glare, shoving his face full of pastries.

"Yeah, watch it dear sister." Jasper mocks as he walks into the kitchen with Sorin and Caspian. 

I roll my eyes at him as Ambrose lets go of my shoulders and turns his attention to Jasper and the rest of my brothers. I take my time looking them over. After not seeing them in over a week, I realize that I actually missed them. I wish I didn't though. Why would I miss them after everything that's happened? Why do I feel this way?

Sorin's emotionless face turns into a smile when he spots me. He gives me a slight nod and I return the gesture. He turns to Kohen and smacks him upside the head. Something I've come to not be surprised at with these men.

"Hello Aspen, Kohen." Caspian greets in his most endearing tone. 

Ha just kidding, he's cold as ever.

"Hello." I reply with a small wave. Caspian's face turns slightly amused at my gesture and he mockingly waves back at me. I'm a little surprised at this, it seems out of character for Caspian but I brush it off.

"Did you finalize everything?" Ambrose asks Caspian.

"Yes." Caspian replies plainly.

"Finalize what?" I ask, getting the attention of all my brothers.

Caspian seems to be debating what to say and it seems he finally made his mind.

"Things." What did I expect?

I nod my head solemnly. 

"Don't worry As, how about you go up to your room and plan out your competition sh*t." Kohen says.

"Alright." I draw out. 

I awkwardly weave through my brothers and make my way to my room. It's quite the workout in this gigantic house. When I finally make it to my room, I close the door behind me and collapse on my cloud. 

It's time to do something I've been pushing off. My brothers never tell me anything and I need answers. I open my bedside table and pull out a crumpled piece of paper. I grab my phone as well and type in the number.

Aspen
Hey, it's Aspen.

Yep, keep it simple, casual, professional.

Elegant Chicken wing :(
Well it's about time you texted ;)

Aspen
I've been busy.

Was that too blunt? He's not going to respond now is he?

Elegant Chicken Wing :(
Is that so..

Aspen
Yep, ready for operation WTFIEH?

Elegant Chicken Wing :(
Maybe if I knew what it was?

Aspen
Operation what the frick is everyone hiding?

Elegant Chicken Wing :(
Ah yes. Can you call right now?

Oh snap, can I call? That seems like a bit of a forward question. 

Oh boy.

I glance around my room just to make sure I cant see any cameras. Thankfully I think Cas stuck to our deal. I sneak off my cloud and lock my door very quietly, as if my brothers could hear it if I did. I then jump back on my cloud and press dial on his contact. After a few rings, he picks up.

"Why, hello darling"

"Elegant chicken wing." I reply.

"Quick question before we get started." He says.

"Go ahead." I reply.

"What's my contact name in your phone?"

"Elegant chicken wing." 

I hear him sigh. Sucks to suck.

"What's mine?" I ask.

"Can't tell you that." He replies.

"Hey, I told you yours." I say.

"You'll find out soon enough darling." 

"Whatever. We need a plan, my brothers just left for over a week for an unknown reason. It relates to their work in some way." I get to the point.

"Do you know where they went?" He asks.

"Nope, they tell me nothing."

"Well this is going to be harder than I thought." I hear him mumble.

"I should just give up shouldn't I?"

"Hey I said hard, not impossible. I've heard things... rumors. Your brothers are powerful people. Too powerful to be in a gang. But whatever they are has to not be so legal."

"Yeah I basically knew that much already." 

"Okay so what else is there?" Arlo pauses for a second. "Wait."

"What?" 

"Have you ever heard of the mafia?"

--------------------------------------------------------

Hello! I'm really sorry it's been a while since I uploaded. Writers block strikes again. Also, life has just been crazy busy. 

We are so close to 100k I'm gonna cry. Thank you all so much for continuing to read and support the book! <3

Also this is a bit of a shorter chapter than usual, I try to stick to 2000 words or more but this one is a bit over 1600. I really just wanted to get this chapter out for you all. The next update shouldn't take as long anyways. 

We're starting to get to the drama filled chapters and the baking competition is coming up soon :) stay tuned!

Until next time <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172K 1.8K 53
SYPNOSIS Fashie Marquez Guerrero, an only child and only girl cousins of Marquez and Guerrero's clan. Her cousins are always over protective to her...
411K 17.3K 36
REALIST | in which jess mariano convinces himself he's in love with rory gilmore because when he stepped into her room, he found five items that he f...
394K 14.3K 192
(BEING RE-PROOFREAD ATM) Won Yoo-ha, a trainee unfairly deprived of the opportunity to appear on a survival program scheduled to hit the jackpot, bec...
396K 12.2K 39
[DISCONTINUED] "ˢᵒᵐᵉ ˢᵉᶜʳᵉᵗˢ ᵃʳᵉ ᵇᵉᵗᵗᵉʳ ˡᵉᶠᵗ ᵘⁿᵗᵒˡᵈ." → various tbhk x reader ← ┏━━━━°⌜⚝ ◊ ⚝⌟°━━━━┓ ᵈⁱᶠᶠᵉʳᵉⁿᵗ ᵇᵘᵗ ˢᵒᵐᵉʰᵒʷ,ᵒⁿᵉ ┗━━━━°⌜ ⚝ ◊ ⚝⌟°━...