seraphic [h.s]

By ohharryangel

1988. Self discovery wasn't something that came easy to Mabel, in fact, she'd refused to deal with the matte... More

authors note.
cast list.
playlist.
part I
chapter one.
chapter two.
chapter four.
chapter five.
chapter six.
chapter seven.
chapter eight.
chapter nine.
chapter ten.
chapter eleven.
chapter twelve.
chapter thirteen.
chapter fourteen.
chapter fifteen.
chapter sixteen.
chapter seventeen.
chapter eighteen.
chapter nineteen.
chapter twenty.
chapter twenty one.
chapter twenty two.
chapter twenty three.
chapter twenty four.
chapter twenty five.
chapter twenty six.
chapter twenty seven.
chapter twenty eight.
chapter twenty nine.
chapter thirty.
chapter thirty one.
chapter thirty two.
chapter thirty three.
chapter thirty four.
chapter thirty five.
chapter thirty six.
chapter thirty seven.
chapter thirty eight.
chapter thirty nine.
chapter forty.
chapter forty one.
chapter forty two.
chapter forty three.
chapter forty four.
chapter forty five.
part II
chapter forty six.
chapter forty seven.
chapter forty eight.
chapter forty nine.
chapter fifty.
chapter fifty one.
chapter fifty two.
chapter fifty three.
chapter fifty four.
chapter fifty five.
chapter fifty six.
chapter fifty seven.
chapter fifty eight.
chapter fifty nine.
chapter sixty.
chapter sixty one.
chapter sixty two.
chapter sixty three.
thank you.

chapter three.

5.8K 185 123
By ohharryangel

The atmosphere from the outside alone was indescribable, placed on the corner of a dark and horrifyingly sketchy building. Spandex almost lit up the entire street, it's blue ambiance radiating around the whole complex. The night air was warm, much cooler than it had been today though still on the verge of unbearable. Avery and I walked hand in hand, crossing the deserted street and trudging our way along to save a spot in the line.

Luckily, the amount of people waiting to enter wasn't as bad as we prepared ourselves for it to be, there were only a few groups of people before us. The leather of my skirt rubbed against the skin of my legs with every action I took. Looking down along my body, the skirt sat mid thigh, the vibrant red leather of it being a focal point to anyone who may look. My platform boots made me the slightest bit taller, I knew they were a staple in my wardrobe because they had always been so good to me. Bringing my red manicured nails to my chest, I adjusted the corset top that made my usually smaller chest look quite impressive tonight.

Avery stood beside me, her tall body coated in the shiny leathered one piece. She looked phenomenal. Her caramel skin complimenting the way she wore absolutely anything, her rich orange stilettos matching the purse I'd lent her. She'd slicked the entirety of her dark brown hair into a high pony, allowing for the beaded chokers she wore to be on full display. Averys hair was long, almost able to reach her waist. I'd decided to let mine air dry into its natural waved look, which reached the tiniest bit past my shoulders.

The group that had been standing first in line had gone in, allowing for us to move into our next spot. The heavy beats from inside could be heard from all the way outside, clear as day, it rattled the windows of the building we stood by.

"You ready for this?" Avery whispered into my ear, tightening her grasp on my hand with a quick pulse movement. I turned my head to meet her gaze, I rolled my lips together, an action to prove my worry further, making sure I didn't mess up the red shade that covered my lips. "I think so." I mumbled back with a gulp, only time would tell if this had been one of our poorer decisions.

The line moved up once again, we were the next two people to go forth after the rowdy group in front of us. "Remember, no one goes off alone, if we do, we tell the other." I ordered as Avery nodded her head at my words, it had been our rule, one we always made sure to follow properly.

"You're next up ladies, step forward." The security man spoke, looking rough and ready. Though we did just that, like the good people we were, when he asked for our proof of identification, we pulled out the shameful looking cards that we always made sure to bring. With a nod of his head, he unclasped the leather rope that usually blocked any unwanted guests, we stepped through, into the surrounding darkness, hearing him clasp the barrier closed behind us.

My jaw propped open at the setting we had stepped into, clearly we were at the beginning point of an extremely narrow and long hallway, the end was home to thousands of crowded bodies and piercing blue strobe lights. My eyes soared over to Avery, who looked just as worried now as I did. We made small steps down the long hallway, the heels of our shoes getting lost with the pounding noise of the bass. Reaching the end, the light surrounding our vision now, realising that the space was unexpectedly large with squished bodies all over each other.

Towards the front of the room, a stage stood, clearly in the intermission and waiting for the next band to start. Music blared through the speakers, each individual grinding up at least one other body. Some kind of leather sat on every single person, whether it were pants, tops, shoes, gloves, they had covered it in all forms. Skin was everywhere, so many parts of exposed skin peaked through clothes and were in my direct eye line no matter which way I looked.

"Let's go to the bar yeah? I'm pretty sure I see it over there." Avery shouted into my ear, the music circling around us far to loudly for me to hear her normal toned voice. I quickly nodded, feeling the pull of her hand in mine, she led the way, squeezing through tough bodies that didn't want to be interrupted. There was a slight haze within the room, I knew it was because of the thousands of cigarettes continually being lit. "Oh thank god, finally." She huffed out, slotting us in between two groups, making sure we'd be seen.

Sweat was already forming on the base of my skin, which usually took far longer to happen in comparison to the few minutes we'd been here for. The bartender locked eyes with Avery, mostly because of her frantic waving, adamant that we were to get our drinks. "What can I get you?" He shouted over the hard to miss guitar acoustics that played through the speakers. "Four malibu shots, please." The man nodded at Averys request, turning around and impressively grabbing the alcohol bottle only to throw it up in the air and catch it seconds later.

"Malibu? Really? God damn it Ave." I chuckled as I shook my head, knowing the liquid would go straight to my head. "Go hard or go home, as they say Mabes, and you know we are not going home." Her words sparked tiny jitters in the pit of my stomach, a feeling I was hoping meant excitement. She whipped a few notes out from her purse, placing them in the bartenders outstretched hand. Four perfectly poured shot glasses were lined up along the high bench. It took only one look shared between Avery and I before we raced towards the outer glasses, shotting them back in a flash before we moved onto the next one.

Feeling the alcohol slide down the back of my throat, leaving it in the most rawest state, it was a mental battle for me to tell myself of all the reasons why it was a good idea to keep the liquid down. "Hell yeah baby, that is how it's done." Avery cheered, flinging her arms up above her head and swaying her leather coated body.

Without realising, our two bodies got pushed away from the bar, due to the constant movement of the crowd. As I peered around, we were a good distance away from the stage. "Cmon Ave, let's go dance." I pulled her along with me, leading us to the barrier that sectioned the stage from the people. The sweet tune of 'Simply Irresistible' bounced from wall to wall, I let my body move from side to side, swinging my arms into the hazy air, letting my own fingertips trace the length of my arms as they flew up.

Suddenly, I felt my eyes internally drop, a sign that the alcohol had worked its way into my system, enough for me to feel its effects. "Ugh, things are going in slightly slower speed." I murmured, only making Averys grin grow wider. "That's when you know things are going to get good. Soak it in Miss Mabel, soak it in." I situated my head upwards, staring at the continuous flashes of light pounding through the room. My hands came dwindling down the back of my neck, gliding down my curves. Avery did the same, letting her hands hold the length of her ponytail as she swung her hips around.

The lights then flashed a bright red, directly above us. The once playing music came to an a abrupt stop, though as frowns situated upon Averys face and my own, I peered around and found it odd that people seemed to look even more excited than they had been before. "Warm welcome to any newcomers here at Spandex tonight, thankyou to everyone for waiting patiently as we prepared our next guest performance this evening." The voice roared through the crowd, from a man taking strides along the stage as he spoke into the microphone he held. His shaggy black hair looked almost wet around his face, following my eyes down to the skinniest leather pants I'd ever seen a man wear before.

"But you will have to wait no longer, because I bring to you.... Hot Mess."

I let out a loud chuckle, bringing my hands up to cover my mouth as the laughing wouldn't stop. "Avery, my god, I thought they just said Hot Mess." I breathlessly nudged Avery, my cheeks beginning to hurt from the amusing situation. Bringing my eyes to hers, my face dropped to match her serious one. "Mabes, they did. They did say that. Surel-" She began stuttering, though before she could finish, the loud strum of an electric guitar sounded from the stage and my eyes widened at the sight of my sister.

"Oh fuck." I gawked, the colour now completely draining from my face. If it were any other club, a tame one per se, the issue we now came face to face with would be non existent. As much as Avery and I hated the title that our families portrayed, we both knew if word got out that the two of us had been seen at Spandex, the kinkiest of them all, the topic wouldn't particularly go down well. We both figured what our parents didn't know, simply wouldn't hurt them. Except the predicament we were now in, would be a tough one to navigate. "It's fine. We're fine. Everything is going to be fine." Avery repeated, on and on, in hopes for a quick manifestation.

I knew it shouldn't have been an issue, I was of age, Avery and I both were. Though there were things I liked to keep private and I knew if Evie caught sight of me here it would be in her best interests to bring it up the next time we fought, using it to her advantage. "So, maybe we should back off from being right opposite the stage? They wouldn't be able to see us from all the way up there, right?" With a scrunched up face, mind still not completely present, I shrugged my shoulders at Avery.

"1, 2, 3, 4." A familiar voiced rumbled lowly into a microphone, drum sticks tapping against one another at a rapid countdown until the blast of music began.

Evie stood centre stage, decked out in a black leather two piece I had never seen before, her bangs almost hiding her eyes, making her look even more mischievous than she usually did. Two long thick braids swung around, knowing they could only belong to one person, Jett. Her mini skirt sat high on her body, reaching the lacy bra she wore, as the ripped fishnet stockings created a smooth base for her electric guitar to lean upon. As my eyes wondered over, seeing the familiar dread locks of Leon, his red leather pants stuck to him like glue, the sheen of sweat looking like a natural glow on his bare skin as he held his own guitar. A flush crept onto my face, for a reason I wasn't exactly sure of, as I honed in on the drummer, Harry, hitting the drums he sat behind, in a rough manner.

He wore the same pants as Leon, though his were black. His bare chest on display once again, all of his tattoos popping out in contrast to the swinging silver chain he wore around his neck. The dampness to his brown locks made them seem darker than they usually were, not that I'd seen him that many times. I'd suddenly forgotten the fact that I needed to get out of there, and immediately. Instead, they'd managed to entrance not only me, but the entire room surrounding them.

In a sudden vast array of drum beats, Evie centred herself to clasp around the microphone, counting herself in to then close her eyes and feel the obvious rush run through her.

"You could have a steam train,
If you'd just lay down your tracks."

Her raspy voice sang into the microphone, seeping out into the room and making everyones cheers all the more louder. Her right foot bounced to the beat of the song, Leon and Jett strummed their guitars as Harrys continues drum beats punched through my mind, waking me up.

"Mabel, we need to move." Avery reminded me, pulling me out of my daze. I knew we needed to move, so I wasn't sure why my boots were suddenly stuck to the alcohol ridden floor.

"You could have an aeroplane flying,
If you bring your blue sky back."

A random set of hands felt their way onto my hips, a pair I knew I hadn't consented to. Turning around, my face screwed up with a disgusted expression, my eyes met blue ones that belonged to a man that I knew did not meet my age requirements. "Get away from me." I shrieked, sliding his hands off of me quickly and retracting from my previous spot. "Cmon sweet stuff, I like em' older than me." His mumbled words told me that he was very much intoxicated. As much as I wanted to scream directly into his face, explaining to him that I would have only been around two years older than he was, I decided to keep my mouth shut, pushing his body away from mine gently though enough for him to not return.

"All you do is call me,
I'll be anything you need."

Turning back around, seeing Avery getting into her happy groove, my eyes roamed back upon the stage. Catching a quick glance towards Harry, seeing his head flipping upwards to gaze throughout the crowd, his hands still coming down to hit each drum beat. In a moment of slowed time, it clicked to me two seconds too late that his jade eyes had become glued onto mine. His facial expressions dropping into one of realisation, knowing exactly who I was, yet again.

As the blood within my body dropped, my heart refusing to produce a natural patterned beat. I noticed his eyes rake down the entirety of my exposed figure, quickly, though enough for me to know he was probably just as surprised to see me, as I was him.

"Fuck, Avery, let's move right now." I spoke in a panic, gently pulling her arm along with the direction I'd decided to take us. Turning our bodies away from being so focal to the stage, bringing us towards the very back of the vibrant bunch of people.

"You could have a big dipper,
Going up and down, all around the bends."

The melodic voice of my sister became distant as we huddled in the back corner of the complex, further and further away than where we started off. The toilets were beside us, people coming in and out, making for a good distraction. "What are the fucking odds, how did we pick the same nightclub as them?" Avery gushed out as I looked towards her with shock. "We? It was you who picked this place, could you imagine if they'd seen us. Holy fuck, imagine our parents." I whined, wanting to cry at the thought of getting scolded by my parents about being seen in a place like this.

In reality, there shouldn't have been anything wrong with it, in my mind, there wasn't. Although I came to terms a long time ago that the mind of my parents were run in an extremely old fashion.

"This is going to traumatise me for a good week." I agreed to her words, letting my hands come to rest on my temples, rubbing them slowly. The haze of the alcohol had already started to wear off and usually it never happened this early, I looked towards the bar, then back towards Avery. "Drink?" I suggested, knowing she would agree, and she did, as she nodded her head extremely quickly. We both strutted with extreme caution, around the influx of people and straight towards the bar. It had died down now compared to before, most likely because everyone would have been watching my sister in comparison to bombarding the bar.

Avery whipped her hands down onto the high bench, "Four malibu shots please." Her words exactly the same as they had been before. "I don't want to be walking straight by the end of tonight Mabel, do you hear me? I want to be sloppy." Avery confessed with an overdramatic sniff of her nose, it had been quite some time since we'd had a night like this, so I had absolutely no protests against her idea. "I hear you loud and clear. Sloppy. We're getting sloppy." I agreed with enthusiasm, grabbing one of the shot glasses the bartender had lined up and placing it in front of Avery, as well as getting my own.

"To a sloppy night, and never being caught dead again in the same vicinity as your sister, especially at kinky nightclubs." A smile was plastered on Averys face as she rose her glass up with a wink.

"Couldn't have said it better myself." I giggled, raising my glass to clink Averys. We then swigged it back in unison, both becoming accustomed to the voice of my own sister, singing through the sticky walls of one of the most kinkiest clubs in los angeles.

- - -

"Excuse me, sorry, yep. Coming through." I tried to navigate my own way through the sea of bodies, which seemed to not be working out in my favour. The drinks Avery and I had consumed the second time around were bearable, though the third time wasn't so great. My throat felt raw and extremely sensitive yet that didn't seem to stop my mind from wanting to converse with every person in my sight.

Avery had decided to wait for me near the bar, my voyage to the bathrooms hadn't been the greatest so far and as my eyes sunk further into my body, I knew I needed one very soon. The pit of my stomach grumbled with a feeling I couldn't quite decipher, scaring me to the point that I'd made a deal with myself not to drink anything more.

A line of women stood along the black chipped wall, arms folded and scowls prominent. They seemed to be at a standstill, ready and waiting to pounce for their turn. I knew I needed to wait my turn, in any normal situation, I'd be the one hating on anybody who dared to skip the line. Though now, I was a woman in need. So as I carefully made my way towards the door, squeezing through, an arm grasped my shoulder. "Apparently there's people in there, you know, going at it." The blonde haired woman spoke, looking at me in concern. I propped my mouth open into an 'o' shape, understanding the subtle meaning of her warning. Letting out a shaky laugh as I answered, "Oh, thankyou for letting me know."

Before I could ponder on the awkwardness of my words, and the reality of her own. I pushed my way through the heavy wooden door, opening up the dim coloured bathroom all around me. With a quick glance to my right, the mirror was home to the awful sight that I had turned into. It was in that moment, that the blaring music reverberating through the whole building, more so the entire street, tuned out through my brain waves. Fading until it was completely gone, so far gone, that the only noise I could focus on were the moans coming from the closed cubicle.

I instantly cupped a hand over my mouth, understanding why the line outside had been so long and reminding myself of what a stupid idea it had been to need the bathroom so badly. The tiny clasp on the cubicle door rattled, almost making a beat in its rhythm. I wasn't sure what was more disturbing, the fact that the woman moaning had not taken a single breathe since my incoming, or the fact that the man who was clearly in there with her, had his hands clasped onto the top of the door. His black polished nails caught my eye, as did the tiny cross tattoo situated near his thumb.

"Fuck, yeah just like that." The deep voice groaned, clearly smug with arousal. I had now tip toed closer to the mirror, clutching my hands on the elevated sink, purely not sure if I was about to puke or not. The unknown feeling circulated through my body, stopping me from fleeing out of the room as fast as possible.

"Mmm, Harry. You fill me up so good."

Saliva. It was what I'd immediately gulped down at the sound of his name being moaned into the air. Something I particularly didn't want to hear, and could have gone without. I couldn't believe my predicament, of course something as wild as this could only happen to me. With the mix of alcohol still circulating throughout my body, I tried so extremely hard to keep down the giggle that wanted to rise, though the situation was so unbelievably awkward that I just couldn't.

The giggle that fled through me sounded quiet in my own intoxicated mind, though I was proved wrong when the pounding behind the cubicle door suddenly came to a stop. It happened in an instant, a sudden stop that I was sure hadn't been out of satisfaction. The air from my lungs gave out, stomach dropped and legs became extremely shaky as the door to the cubicle sounded as if it were being fiddled with.

Twisting around, faster than ever, pushing down the rising feeling of my past drinks wanting to free themselves, I yanked open the door. Even though it hadn't opened to its full extent, I somehow managed to slip through, walking as fast as one could in platform boots. "Bathroom's free now." I yelled as I began lightly jogging, turning back around quickly to see a dark haired woman walk out of the bathroom, annoyance infused into her features.

Once I reached the centre of the main room, I stopped, trying to catch the breath that had escaped me so quickly. I took note that another band was now performing, hoping I wouldn't run into my sister but knowing it could be extremely likely. Which led me to realise it would probably be best if Avery and I called it a night.

I pushed my way back to where I knew she would be standing, and she was. Her hand perched up onto the bar, while the other on her hip. The arch of her left eyebrow was a sign that her patience and hope for the night had now been fused down to none. As if she could somehow sense my presence, her head whipped to the side to face me, "Thank god, what the fuck is wrong with me? Why did I choose this place again?" Avery spoke as she gripped my hand, both of us knowing our time here had come to an end. We walked all the way to where we had entered from, going down the narrow hallway and out into the deserted street, feeling the gust of hot air wash past us.

As we crossed the street, the only sound that could be heard were the rambling words of Avery. About her shock of the overpriced drinks that seemed to work for only the tiniest bit, as well as the fact that no one had seemed to take interest in the perfect outfit she had planned. Our mumbling filled throughout the empty spaces of the street, I had told her our tolerance for alcohol had most likely lessened over the years, to which she agreed to. As well as making sure not to give a fuck about what anybody didn't do, because the right one always would, so clearly, the right one hadn't been there for her tonight.

My conscious mind began making its way back, I could tell because my eyes drooped now from tiredness instead of intoxication. A yawn escaped my lips, it would be two days in a row now that I would be going to bed, wishing to wake up and forget about the night before. I knew I wouldn't, but from the time I'd get to sleep until the morning, not having to think of the things that had happened in the past forty eight hours, it would somehow all be enough.

- - -

A/N:

Need to take a breath after that one, Spandex was clearly very hectic.

Thinking about the things that will happen in this story makes me nervous and excited all at the same time! Just wanted to also say that Hot Mess will be singing covers of songs but I am in no way claiming them as their own in real life.

Thankyou for finding this story and choosing to read it, I am forever grateful for you and it really does mean so much to me.

See you soon, I love you.
G🖤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.1K 1K 29
Will I, get the man of my dreams or will I be alone forever. He is a self made Billionaire , ruthless, cold hearted, playboy, always gets what he wa...
155K 3.5K 80
Alison Evans is thrilled to start her job as a journalist in the heart of Philadelphia. Her spirit of inquiry leads her to places she's been told not...
291K 9.5K 43
She doesn't know why bad feels so good... What seems like out of nowhere, Hope Zigler's life has transformed: the normal Georgia life of an aspiring...
641K 14.7K 68
"You have no idea how badly I need to kiss you," he says softly, his gray eyes glancing between mine, then down at my lips. I let out a shaky breath...