Luna Zahra

By nicolevf14

Zahra Warwick was of Alpha-blood, and she was damn proud. She was raised to be strong and confident, always t... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Broken Promises
Chapter 2 - Devastated
Chapter 3 - Departure
Chapter 4 - Welcome
Chapter 5 - Much to Learn
Chapter 6 - Bad Impressions
Chapter 7 - Troubled
Chapter 8 - The Deal
Chapter 9 - Deep Sea
Chapter 10 - Stay
Chapter 11 - Moon Goddess
Chapter 12 - Shall We Run?
Chapter 13 - Decisions
Chapter 14 - Camilla
Chapter 15 - Risky Accusations
Chapter 16 - 6 Months
Chapter 17 - Worthy
Chapter 18 - Gratitude
Chapter 19 - Gifted

Chapter 20 - Raw

12.5K 419 90
By nicolevf14

I waited impatiently in the living room while Ryder took what seemed like forever to get ready for our date. At one point, I even found myself pacing, both from being excited to see what he had planned, and nervous to see how it all went.

When he finally appeared from the bedroom, he was dressed in a pair of khaki shorts, a white, short-sleeve button up shirt, and tan sandals. The bright white of his shirt really accentuated the golden tone of his skin and hair, as well as the bright turquoise in his eyes.

He too went for a casual look, which made me feel a bit relieved, but I couldn't keep myself from watching him as he entered the room. He looked damn good.

Our eyes locked, and he smirked. I'd been caught.

"Are you ready to go?" he asked, surprisingly not commenting on me very obviously checking him out.

"I was born ready," I said rather dramatically. I flipped my hair over my shoulder for extra flare, earning a chuckle from Ryder.

Together, we walked downstairs and then out of the pack house, where Ryder then took the lead. I didn't know what he had planned or where we were going, so I figured it was best to follow.

He led me down the walkway that ran in front of the packhouse until we reached what I referred to as the "community" part of pack territory. Every pack had an area like this, usually off to the side of the packhouse. There were typically small cafes ran by pack families, boutiques, and a variety of other venues which varied in each pack. Back in Night Fire, we had jewelry stores with locally made jewelry, health and fitness stores, and even a roller-skating rink, which the teenagers usually enjoyed. In Moon Wave, however, I figured things may be slightly different, and that assumption was proven correct as we started down a widened, paved path that ran between the little buildings.

The first places that caught my eye were an art store with an attached gallery, a book store, a fragrance store with candles and oils, and then a bowling alley.

Very different indeed.

I noticed Ryder had been watching me as I took in my surroundings, and I suddenly felt a bit ashamed that I hadn't ventured over here yet on my own. Although art and books weren't really my thing, a cute boutique always put me in a good mood.

"I figured we'd have dinner first at one of our cafes. They typically serve more of a variety of food than what you'd get in the dining hall," Ryder explained, gesturing towards the small café we were approaching.

There was no sign outside to indicate what kind of food may be served here – only a number painted in the corner of the window along with the view of many tables and chairs.

Once inside, an older woman greeted us happily and ushered us to a table right at the window. There were a few other pack members inside, eating with their families, but it wasn't crowded. I was thankful for that, given my current circumstances.

I opened the menu and scanned the pages, quickly picking up on the fact that pasta dishes seemed to be a specialty here. I typically didn't eat carb-heavy foods like that, but tonight, I'd make an exception.

Ryder ordered shrimp alfredo, while I decided to go with the chicken parmesan. I'd never had it before, but the picture on the menu made it look pretty good.

"Are you alright?" Ryder asked, causing me to realize I'd been very quiet since we sat down at our table. Quiet was not typical Zahra behavior, so it made sense that he would ask.

"Yeah, sorry," I replied, smiling softly. "This just...isn't my usual thing. I'm taking it all in."

Ryder raised an eyebrow at me, "Not your usual thing?"

I laughed lightly and shook my head, "Sit-down meals at restaurants, pasta, conversation, dates..."

Ryder nodded in understanding, "We can go somewhere else if you'd prefer?"

"No, no! Like I said, I'm just taking it all in. It feels foreign to me, but...I'm really trying to be okay with stepping out of my comfort zone. It's just...hard," I explained, suddenly feeling a little more vulnerable than I'd like.

"I understand," he told me with a soft smile. "I'm sure it's hard coming to live in a pack that's the complete opposite of the one you were raised in, and maybe there have been times that I wasn't patient enough with you."

"Stop," I immediately responded, my eyes shooting up to lock with his. "You've been more than patient with me, Ryder. This was...just how I was raised. It's hard living one way for twenty-three years and then realizing that maybe that wasn't the best way to live. Night Fire's way of life is engrained into me. I feel so conflicted about everything, but one thing I do know for sure, is that I'm so, so sorry for the hurt I've caused you."

I was shocked with myself. Where the hell did that come from?

"Zahra..." Ryder started, his face softening significantly. Before he could say anything else, the same lady who had seated us earlier returned to the table with our food.

"You don't have to say anything," I told him after the woman walked away. "I just...needed to say that for some reason. I'm not the best at putting words to what I'm thinking or feeling."

We spent the rest of dinner talking about more casual, light-hearted topics as we ate our food. I was pleasantly surprised with the dish I'd ordered, and even began to think about what other items on the menu may have tasted like.

As we talked, I ended up learning a lot more...random things about Ryder. He told me about the first time he and Lena met, how he learned to surf as a child, stories about his grandfather, who he had apparently been very close to, and he even told me about the first time he summoned the Moon Goddess, which had been a complete accident apparently.

I told him a few childhood stories about Zane and I, how Lena and I met as well, the first time my father brought me to pack training, and the time my father let me have a pet fish, only for me to kill it days later after forgetting to feed it for too long.

I found myself smiling the entire time as we talked through events of our lives with one another, relating back and forth to tiny details in each other's stories. The feeling was like no other. Little by little, I felt my walls begin to weaken, some parts even completely crumbling. I'd never felt so comfortable someone else before.

I guess that was the point, after all. He was my mate. For a moment, I found myself feeling guilty once again. This was what I'd been depriving myself of?

Once we'd finished our meals, Ryder paid our bill and left a generous tip on the table before we got up and exited the building.

"Is there anything else you wanted to see while we were here?" he asked as we continued walking further down the concrete path.

"Nope, just curious to see what else you've got up your sleeve," I told him with a wink.

He chuckled, "Very well then."

Veering off the concrete path, Ryder led me back towards the dense palm trees, but we continued forward rather than turning to go to the beach. The deeper we went, the more the terrain changed. The sand that I'd become accustomed to gradually turned to a hard, rocky surface that was somewhat challenging to walk on. For once, I was thankful I chose to wear something other than my typical high heels.

"Where exactly are we going?" I asked again, although I was sure it was pointless.

"You'll see. Just a little further," Ryder responded, just as I expected.

I let out a heavy sigh but followed closely behind him, noticing that we were now walking up a fairly steep incline. I was certainly no wimp when it came to physical activity, but if I'd known we'd be hiking a damn mountain, I would've chosen different shoes.

I then remembered that Ryder was wearing sandals, and quickly reverted back to my 'I'm a bad bitch and can handle anything' state of mind.

Finally, it seemed we'd reached the summit, and I released a long breath full of relief.

Ryder chuckled at my reaction, but didn't turn around to face me. Instead, he continued forward while I composed myself for a moment before following behind.

I really needed to get back into training.

After walking for maybe five more minutes, I began to pick up on both the sound and scent of water nearby. While Moon Wave was of course, surrounded by the ocean, this smelled distinctly of freshwater.

I furrowed my brow as Ryder suddenly reached forward and parted a thick wall of leaves and limbs directly in front of us, slowly revealing a pool of deep turquoise water fed by a large, cascading waterfall.

My jaw dropped as I followed Ryder through the foliage and closer to the water. He casually took my hand in his and led me to the water's edge, seeming pleased by the expression on my face.

"Welcome to Eclipse Falls," he told me as we walked around the perimeter of the water, slowly getting closer to the waterfall.

"I found this little sanctuary when I was a young teenager. I'm not sure if anyone else in the pack knows of it or not, but I've never seen anyone else up here any of the times I've been," he explained to me.

"If it's not well known, how do you know what it's called?" I teased.

Ryder laughed lightly, "That's just the name I gave it. The afternoon I found it, there was a solar eclipse. It was the first one we'd had since I had been old enough to understand what it meant, so I was determined to find a good, secluded area to view it. I decided the top of a mountain would be a good spot, and ended up stumbling upon this hidden gem while I was up here."

I smiled, nodding at his explanation. That definitely seemed like something my mate would yearn to do – even in his youth he admired the beauty in nature and the universe beyond us.

"It's beautiful," I assured him. "But why did you bring me up here?"

"Because this place is special to me, and I wanted to share it with someone who is also special to me. Who better than my mate?"

My heart swelled, and I suddenly found myself at a loss for words. I wasn't one for sentiments or thoughtfulness, but I knew Ryder put a lot of intention into everything he did, and I was learning to appreciate it.

"Well, thank you," I told him, not really sure how else to respond. While I really was trying hard to adjust and found myself continuously growing closer to him and embracing our bond, I still wasn't quite on his level yet.

I still had a long way to go, and more than likely, we would always be polar opposites. Something inside me told me that was okay, as long as we appreciated and respected one another.

After a few moments of silence, a small smirk grew on Ryder's face, "Let's go behind the waterfall."

My eyes widened slightly, "Behind it?!"

"Yes, behind it....unless...you're scared?" he challenged, his smirk growing.

I scoffed, "Please! You should know damn well by now that I'm not scared of anything."

Ryder chuckled and then began to lead the way. The closer we got to the falls, the more I realized I would've picked a different outfit if I'd known this was on today's agenda. The water from the falls splashed off of the surrounding surfaces and the pool of water below, causing small droplets to spray on us, continuously wetting our hair and clothes.

Faux-leather leggings and ankle-boots weren't exactly comfortable when wet.

We then started up a slippery slope of rocks that stuck out in every direction. It would be very easy to lose footing and slip, so I chose my steps meticulously, not wanting to risk making a fool of myself. Ryder, however, practically glided up the rocks, proving he'd been here many, many times before.

Once we made it to the top, I turned around to view the falls from our new vantage point. It was pretty impressive, and I even found my mouth gaping open at the sight. The roar of the falls was even louder from where we stood beneath it, but I found it oddly soothing at the same time.

"This is so....cool," I told Ryder, suddenly feeling at a loss for words. For probably the first time in my life, I found myself truly admiring nature. In Night Fire, we didn't have waterfalls anywhere near us to even view from a distance if we wanted to, much less have the opportunity to stand in a cave behind one.

Ryder chuckled at my reaction, crossing his arms over his chest as he watched me take it all in. For a moment, I thought perhaps he was even admiring me as I admired the falls. A girl could hope, anyways.

I turned to fully face him and was taken aback by his appearance. His clothes were also soaked, causing shirt to stick to his body, accentuating every curve and muscle in his chest. My heartbeat quickened as I took him in, feeling desire slowly fill my body. Although I thought I could keep it to myself, the darkening of Ryder's eyes said otherwise.

All of a sudden, I found my back against the hard, rock wall of the cave and my chest pressed against Ryder's with his now dark, lustful eyes staring me down. I slowly looked up to meet his intense gaze as I felt my body heating up even more.

He leaned in near my ear and whispered, "Tell me to stop."

I smirked, "Absolutely...not."

"Zahra," he growled softly, seeming very frustrated.

This time, I leaned in closer. "I'm afraid I don't quite see the problem?" I teased, pushing my body harder against his. My nipples hardened, poking out through my wet shirt and rubbing against his chest as I felt him harden against my lower abdomen.

I gasped at the sudden sensation of his hardened length pressed against me, and then smiled even wider as I realized he did want me just as much as I wanted him. I reached up and placed my hand on his chest before slowly sliding it down his stomach until it reached his large shaft. His body went rigid as he released another low growl, and then attacked my neck with his lips.

A moan instantly escaped me as the fiery sparks from his lips danced along the sensitive skin of my neck. His kisses gradually grew rougher as my breathing became more erratic, and I felt an intense warmth begin to pool between my legs. I wanted him bad.

"Maybe we should take this back home..." he murmured against my skin, his voice low and gruff as he began running his hands up and down my sides, taking small moments here and there to run them over my ass and breasts.

I quickly pulled his face out of my neck and smashed my lips against his, kissing him rather aggressively before slowing down and gently biting on his lower lip, "Fuck. No."

For the first time since I met him, I saw Ryder lose control. His primal instincts took over, and I found myself pressed so tightly against the rock wall that it was becoming difficult to breathe.

I fucking loved it.

I began to slide my pants down, my lips never leaving his as he, in one swift movement, hoisted me up so that my legs wrapped around his waist. Somehow in that short period of time, his pants had also dropped, and I could fully feel him against me, only the thin fabric of my underwear separating us now.

Ryder groaned against my lips, "Last chance."

I pushed myself harder against him in response before biting down on his lip.

And just like that, my underwear was pushed aside and he was inside of me all at once.

I'm not sure what I expected my first time with Ryder to be like after all that I'd put him through, but I certainly hadn't expected it to go like this. Raw, rough, messy. It just didn't seem like his style.

But it was definitely mine.

He moved in and out of me at a fast, but steady pace, each thrust seeming to hold intention despite the raw desire between us. Every movement sent sparks erupting from my core all the way up my spine. I could now confess, that sex with your mate definitely lived up to the hype.

Ryder removed his lips from mine and moved back to my neck, kissing and biting as he continued to plow into me. I felt as if bruises were surely forming on my back from the rock wall beneath me, but that just made me want it even more.

His canines nipped at my neck, and I knew he was really having to restrain himself from marking me right then and there. Hell, in the moment I didn't even care, but we both knew that after this was all said and done that neither of us were ready for that part of the bond – we still had a lot to work through.

Another fire lit in my stomach as I felt myself nearing my peak. Each thrust drew me closer and closer to the edge, and I gripped him even tighter, holding on for dear life, not wanting even an inch of space between us.

"Ryder....don't....stop!" I yelled out as he picked up his pace, causing me to fully come undone.

A pure, but primal moan escaped me as I found my sweet release, and Ryder began to slow his pace, allowing me to ride out the wave. As soon as my body stopped trembling beneath him, he pulled out of me and allowed himself to release on the ground.

Pups were definitely not something either of us needed to consider at this stage of our relationship.

We were both panting, but fully satisfied as he slowly lowered me back to my feet. I looked up, instantly locking my eyes with his. They somehow seemed even brighter now...more mesmerizing. I knew our mate bond was stronger now...still incomplete, but stronger, and I didn't care. I wanted it. Maybe it was my orgasm-high infiltrating my thoughts in that moment, but I felt as if he could ask anything of me and I'd do it just to be fucked like that, by him, for the rest of my existence.

Ryder smiled sweetly at me, surely feeling the strength in our bond as well and coming down from his own high, "Why don't we take a swim and...cool off?"

I raised an eyebrow at his suggestion, "I didn't exactly bring a bathing suit for a hike."

"And I didn't bring a condom, but here we are," he laughed before shaking his head. "Surely Zahra Warwick isn't too chicken for a little skinny dipping?"

I smirked at his teasing. He was getting to know me more and more every day – I certainly wasn't going to back down from a challenge.

Backing away from him, I quickly undressed myself before moving to the edge of the rocks, right underneath the waterfall. I turned my head to look at Ryder, taking note of his darkening eyes, and then winked at him before diving off the rocks and into the water.

Wow. Hi everyone. I have a lot to say in regard to my very long absence, but finally finishing this chapter brought me so much happiness. I'm not going to say everything that I want to say here, so go check my profile for an update post. I truly hope everyone enjoys this chapter. It's been a long time coming!

xoxo ~V

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 42.2K 46
Zaria and her sister Vanessa have been close since Zaria was first born. Vanessa is a golden child even after their parents die and she is left to ta...
161 27 11
Born to an Alpha father and a twin brother, Ivy struggles to claim and secure her rightful title as the Alpha of the Blood Moon pack. As a female, sh...
31.9K 931 30
COMPLETE Sequel (Book 2) of the story 'My Best Friends' Alpha is My Mate.' This story can not be read alone! Read Book 1 before reading this story. T...
1.8M 71.4K 71
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* Spin off to "Abused Mate'" You do not need to read AM to understand this book but I would appreciate it if you di...