Actions and Consequences || l...

By HelenaAzure

For each action, there will always be a consequence. No one knows it better than Harry. Lies, deceit, tricks... More

Lets Get Started
PROLOGUE
1. ARRIVAL
2. RUN
3. CALCULATIONS
4. TORN APART
5. FIRST BATTLE OF RAVERIA
6. TOO LATE
7. THE PRICE OF WAR (part-1)
8. HEALING TOUCH
9. THE PRICE OF WAR (part-2)
10. STRENGTH AND SACRIFICE
11. DRASTIC MEASURES
12. BETRAYED BY BLOOD
13. THE ONLY HOPE
14. TRUE BROTHERS
15. OWNING THE ARENA
16. NEW PRINCE IN TOWN
17. INDECISIONS
18. WHAT HAPPENS IN TIMORA, STAYS IN TIMORA
19. STUMBLE
21. FALL
22. HURT
23. TOGETHER
24. PHOENIX
25. SONG OF THE SEA
26. FIRE TOUCHED
27. CLASH
28. CAUGHT
29. CRIMSON
30. DAZZLING
31. PERFECT
32. THREE CROWNS
EPILOGUE
Glossary and Author's Note
BONUS CHAPTER

20. IT IS VERY PERSONAL

228 19 6
By HelenaAzure

4 YEARS AGO

Royal palace at Lysandra, Valium

POV: Louis

The whispers were growing. Eyes following his each step.

His hair was styled elegantly. His robes that of a prince, clean but stained heavily with old blood. A sword hung from his waist belt and the queen's dagger fitted into his thigh holster. His legs encased in tough iron tipped boots.

Crisp blue eyes glittered as if the stars themselves had found their home in them.

It was time.

The grand palace doors opened without friction. People stopped what they were doing just to see the ghost.

For it had to be a ghost. Prince Louis died two years ago.

Louis had wondered what it would be like, returning to the place which was once his home. Happy? Scared? Angry? It was anyone's guess.

But as he walked through the courtyard and climbed the so familiar grand staircase, he only felt... settled. As if this was the place his soul belonged in.

"Is everyone in their places?" Louis whispered to his companion.

Liam nodded. "Yes." He too was armed to the teeth. Both Zayn and Liam had jumped in readily to support him for the final confrontation. But both the alphas were resolute for once. Zayn was to stay back for his safety. And there was no one whom Louis trusted more to have his back in a fight other than Liam.

Louis looked the alpha in the eye and smiled. "Thank you."

Liam's gaze was warm. "You are my brother Lou. Take this love for granted."

His eyes stung. But he refused to lose control. This show of power was vital and he would not risk its grandeur by becoming emotional. Besides, his Momma always said not to cry while taking down  evil kings.

Still, it was hard. His own blood brother had stabbed him and killed his parents without remorse. And here on the other hand, two random boys who were not even connected by blood, had showed Louis what family truly was.

'I will die for you Louis, if that's what it takes.' Liam had promised him that morning.

But Louis had himself made a promise too. He would willingly give up anything for Liam. And Zayn.

Both the boys walked till the court doors. A large crowd following them by this point. "Be alert." Louis cautioned Liam. "I don't trust this snake one bit! Not anymore!" He then pushed open the grand door and strode in confidently.

For once, Lionel was actually in the castle...which was good otherwise the whole thing would have been a bit embarrassing.

Lionel looked down in confusion at first. Then Louis saw the exact instant when recognition drew in. The king hastily stood up from the throne and stumbled down the dais. A multitude of expressions raced across his face. Disbelief took the first position. But the man was aware of the audience they had.

"L...Lou? Is it truly you?" Lionel stuttered as he slowly stepped closer to him. Louis's hand crept towards his sword. "You...You are alive! Oh I am so happy to see you again my dearest brother! Thank the Gods that you are alive!"

The acting was excellent. Apart from Louis, no one saw the angry glint in the king's eyes.

Lionel rushed forward, as if to hug Louis, but in one swift move, Louis' sword tip was pointing towards his exposed neck.

Louis narrowed his eyes, his voice tight. "That's close enough!"

Lionel was still putting up the happy brother façade. "What... What does this mean! I am your brother! I thought you had died Lou... I thought I had lost you forever!" He went to push away the blade but a new one came up to his gut.

Liam was positively fuming. "You don't deserve to call yourself his brother after what you did!" Louis felt his heart melt a little, but his strength doubled.

Cracks started appearing in the façade. Lionel looked from one man to another. "I don't understand. Lord Payne, what's the meaning of this?"

"Oh you know... just the usual." Louis said lightly.\, before hardening his expression. "This is a coup. Give me the crown!"

"Sorry... what?"  Lionel blinked. 

Louis shook his head and announced in a loud voice, so that everyone assembled could hear him clearly. "I have come for Valium's crown. My crown. Give it to me peacefully and abdicate. I will show you mercy," His gaze hardened. "Even though you don't deserve it."

Cracks covered the surface. Lionel was no longer smiling. "Tread carefully, little brother."

Louis let out a mirthless laugh. "I see you want to do this the hard way. So be it!"

Leaving Liam to keep an eye over him, Louis turned around and took in the so familiar courtroom. Years he had spent with his mother, flashed before his eyes. Right till the moment when she had suddenly fallen right there, next to that column. That was over two years ago. He remembered it like it was yesterday.

But today, the room was crowded. Filled with generals and advisors. The thirty-eight Lords had taken their places too, like it had been determined.

"Two years ago, queen Annaline died right here in this courtroom." Louis announced loudly, looking at every person in the eyes. "She was poisoned!" Gasps echoed round the room. "Soon afterwards, King Zacron also lost his life in the battle. And then me! Vanishing into the city without a trace!" Louis paused.

"But here is what you don't know. Before dying, my father removed Lionel and pronounced me as the next heir. I was supposed to be the next king. But that didn't happen, did it?"

Louis turned around, looking Lionel directly in the eyes, with rage burning in his veins. "You see, Lionel here did not want to lose his position. SO HE KILLED THE QUEEN! And when that didn't work, HE KILLED THE KING HIMSELF and passed blames. And finally, when he got me alone, HE STABBED ME IN THE BACK WITHOUT GIVING A DAMN!! Isn't that right, dear brother?"

The whole court was shocked. The marble cold. Even the torch fire still.

Lionel was hanging on to the façade by an inch. "You are barking mad Louis! This is all false accusation! You don't have proof of any of that!"

"I am wearing the same vest I was wearing that day." Louis reminded with a calm rage. "Blood soaking in as I called out to you. Again and again while I fell to my knees, bleeding out on your dagger. While you told me what you had done."

"LIES! ALL LIES!" His veins were bulging as spit flew out of his mouth. Lionel looked more like a beast rather than a man.

Louis sighed. "Very well... THE WHOLE CONFESSION LIONEL MADE, WAS NOT ONLY HEARD BY ME, BUT ALSO BY MY TRUE BROTHERS,  LORD LIAM PAYNE AND ZAYN MALIK WHO WERE THERE THAT NIGHT AND SAVED MY LIFE. They will testify for your crimes. You are finished, Lionel! Its over."

Louis turned around and walked towards the throne. "And now, I will take back what is mine!"

The façade shattered into a thousand pieces.

Lionel growled out in madness and attacked Liam with his sword Calcasia, taking him by complete surprise. The blade went for his neck.

CLANG!

Louis was in front of Liam within seconds, blocking the strike with his own sword.

The entire room descended to silence as the two brothers thrust and parried. Jumped and blocked. The tiles following their reflection. Each move precise and deadly. No one holding back. The pure hatred and fury pouring out of the duo was suffocating. Lionel was already known for his ruthlessness and violence and it showed.

But Louis had changed too.

A good king never sought war, but was always ready for it.

And Louis was ready for it. No longer would he stand back and let Lionel destroy Valium or his family. Valium was his family. Her spirit flowed in his veins. And she gave him the strength to do what was right. Just like she had not abandoned him while he laid dying two years ago.

Engulfed in duel, he faintly heard Liam exclaim. "Your eyes Lou. They're... golden!"

Lionel also seemed to stumble back in shock. "What... How are you doing that? Stop this sorcery right now!!!"

Louis had no idea what he was talking about, and neither did he care. With a swift up-thrust, Lionel's sword skidded across the marble floor. It's clatter resounding through the walls and pillars. "GIVE UP LIONEL!! I don't want to kill you! Don't force me."

Lionel was stunned by the outcome. But as he slowly sunk to his knees, he looked up with a sad expression. "I am your blood and kin Lou. I am your only family left! How can you kill me?"

Louis wasn't moved. "Quite easily! You yourself gave me a live demonstration, remember?"

"No...please..." Lionel begged, then muttered quietly with an evil grin. "What would mother say?"

Louis stopped in his tracks. The exact opportunity Lionel was looking for. He jumped up and snatched the sword from his hand and swung it back for the killing stroke.

It never reached Louis's throat.

"Good Riddance." Louis whispered hoarsely into Lionel's ears as he viciously twisted the dagger piercing his heart. "She would say, good riddance!"

Louis pulled back his dagger and the king fell to the floor, gasping and choking on his own blood. Louis crouched down in front of him and cleaned his mother's dagger on Lionel's robes. It did not fail him this time. And neither did he fail Valium. He reached down and freed the crown from the dying monster.

"You killed mother and father. You stabbed me in the back. I assure you, you bastard. THIS! IS! VERY! PERSONAL!"

He looked Lionel right in the eyes till the glitter faded.

A gust of fresh wind blew threw the hall.

Louis slowly stood up and stepped up to the throne. Blood dripping from his robes. The court room was silent as a morgue.

Then as one, cheers thundered off like approaching storm clouds on a scorched land. For Valium was parched for a real alpha. And Louis was like the gentle rain it needed. And he was here.

He sat down at last, on the gilded chair he had once guarded. High King of a strong united Valium. Liam stepped up to him and took the crown from his hand. Regal silver with drop shaped sapphires. With a proud smile, he placed it on his head.

"Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack."

"Draughts and rains." Fate told Destiny. "Louis did it!"

"They both did." Destiny replied with tears in her eyes. "Just one last crown is left."

Fate nodded. "But he is not ready yet."

TRIVIA

Technically, the sword Calcasia is Louis' sister-in-law. This makes the duel scene extremely weird. And Louis doesn't feel remorse since he never actually knew Lionel. Lionel was just a stranger who had tried to kill him.

The whole Louis's past was based on 'Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack' line. And only the prison episode of Timora was a certainty from the start (planning stage).

Also, technically, this is the last chapter written in the past sequence. But one of the previous chapter in the timeline actually comes after this. So... 

Stay strong. Stay Brave. Stay safe.

Love

-Lani 💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

773K 26.3K 45
My heart was beating and adrenaline was running through my body at a thousand miles per second. My hand wrapped around the door knob, but then I was...
161K 4.1K 35
Louis and Harry have been together for a year now and they are honestly the most cutest couple there ever was. Of course Niam being the second most c...
5.1K 114 36
"I wish you were a girl." Everyone thought he had everything; he was the king's son at the end of the day. But that was far from it. Louis always had...
121K 5.7K 17
I get suggestions from many of you and I love it! This is a combination of ideas from @straightnogayvodka @darktone2001 and @True12354 ♥️ Harry and L...