Patience of a Gordon

By TalatheWolf

The future is shifting, and humans are willing to do whatever it takes for the power to remain on their side... More

Copyright
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
A Thank You
Chapter Seventeen
Writing Contest
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One (Kai and Prince Gordon)
Holiday Chapter
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Almost finished
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Epilogue
Alternate Beginning
Twenty Facts
What Happens Next

Chapter Eleven

8.4K 638 262
By TalatheWolf

PAY ATTENTION TO THE ITALICS!!!   Italics indicate the past, while normal indicates the present.The two ship names that were chosen were Kaivy and Ivayne!!! I'm asking the big question now because I want to see if I can get more balance than before. Snowfall was about 200 while Scarlan had only 30. SO Team Kaivy or Ivayne?

Chapter Eleven

Even from here, I could hear the screaming and see the billows of smoke rising to the sky. Each time I heard a gunshot, I couldn't help but flinch.

I had shifted into my leopardess form and crouched as lowly as I could, but it didn't ease the worry stirring within me. All I could do was wish Kai was here with me now, just like last time, despite how selfish it was.

It was hard to stay here, in the present, when so much of it reminded me of the past. It wasn't much longer before the two collided, the past overpowering the present.

Kai's body surrounding mine was warm, despite the chill in the air. His body was comforting and reminded me that it was only us out here.

We were deep within the forest that sat next to the village. We were completely surrounded by it with nothing in sight but the green foliage and the brown dirt that held it where it stood.

From here, I couldn't see the villag or heard its noise. It was different,because I'd grown used to the never-ending sounds. The singing, laughter, and bickering were all part of my life, part of me.

The silence that I could hear was now off-putting and worrying. If there was ever silence in the village, it was only because it foreshadowed or fell after something bad happened.

I could feel a pair of lips on my hair, momentarily distracting me. My eyes closed and I leaned closer to him, his arms tightening in response. Although I didn't approve of what we were doing, I did find it relaxing.

It had begun with a kiss, out in public. Kai didn't care, but the elders all disapproved and gave us looks that conveyed they did. They told him, and me, that giving me affection so often would give me little reason to complete the mating ritual. Why complete it when I already received the affection?

Kai usually listened or, rather, pretended to, but today had been different. He'd been annoyed with their judgement and told them he would handle the situation how he liked, not their way.

He'd even challenged them by continuously peppering me with kisses throughout the day. While I loved the affection, I knew it would only result in trouble for him. I even tried to tell him that, but of course, he only proceeded to ignore me.

He was then called into his home by his mother, our leader since her mate died. She'd been getting complaints from elders about his behavior and couldn't let it go. He was disciplined and when he came back, he appeared cool and collected. However, I could see his stiff posture and the storm that was raging in his eyes.

Kai had then pulled me aside and said that he wanted me to meet him at the edge of the village. He wanted to spend time with his südame away from the judgement and disapproval of others.

After much talking, Kai convinced me to go with him. We met and then he took me through the forest. I had asked him when he knew to stop, and he'd smiled and told me when all he could hear was the beating of our hearts.

So here we were, Kai sitting against a tree with me sitting in-between his legs, curled up as close as I could possibly get. His arm was around me while his other hand played with my hair, twisting it around his finger and watching it fall before beginning again.

"Ivy?"

I was taken away from my thoughts by his voice. "Yes, my armastatu?" I replied lazily, pulling his hand from my waist and lacing my fingers through his.

"I want to tell you something, although I'm sure you know it," he said, a smile in his voice. I nodded in response, curious as to what he was going to say, before he began.

"When my parents first told me that I had to choose an Intended Mate, I told them I didn't knew who to choose. I was young and didn't truly understand what my Intended Mate's responsibility would be.

They told me I had to choose someone who would grow to be a strong leader by my side. I would want someone who was fiercely loyal and patient. I would want a leopardess who would be a natural mother. Above all, I would want someone who I could see by my side for my entire life.

It didn't make sense to me at the time, of course, but then I saw something. I spotted a girl playing with all the other kids our age. One of the others were hurt and she did something amazing.

She went over to comfort him, telling him that all was okay and that he didn't have any injuries. She was the only one who had checked to make sure he was okay, while the others kept playing. She had been considerate, despite being so young and not understanding exactly what she was doing. I knew she was different.

That day, I told my parents that I wanted her as my Intended Mate. Since then, I never considered taking another."

There was a smile on my face at his words because I could remember the day clearly. I could remember being called to the house of our leap's lears, where they and my parents waited. I also remembered being terrified that I had done something wrong only to find out I had done something right.

Kai's words became less sure and more hesitant as he said, "You were never truly given an option, Ivy. You could have declined the position, but your family would've been seen as a disgrace. I'm going to give you the option now, südame. It'll affect nothing if you change your mind, I'll make sure of that. Do you want to be my mate?"

It was a good question, one that had crossed my mind several times. My future had always been with Kai, but did I ever see myself with anyone else? There wasn't a single leopard that I was interested in within the leap. Most were already taken, as mates were chosen young.

I found myself turning around completely, so that my eyes were able to meet his. I could see the multitude of raw emotions ranging from hope to fear as he prepared himself for my answer.

"Kai, ever since I was little, you were the only one I envisioned by my side. I don't think I could care for someone the way I care for you," I said, smiling at the end.

I opened my mouth to continue, but his lips were abruptly on mine and the words were lost. I was pleasantly surprised and my lips yielded under his, the taste of mint filling my lungs.

The kiss shifted when Kai lifted me into his lap in an attempt to pull me closer. An arm wound tightly around me while the other stroked my jaw.

I wasn't as sure as him, but then his teeth nipped at my lips teasingly, and I forgot about everything. My mind and hesitation were lost at the simple action and all I wanted was him.

My hands threaded through his hair, loving the way he momentarily shivered at it before his lips became more demanding, fueled by a flaming fire.

I slipped a hand under his shirt, desiring to explore every inch of him. My hand glided across his chest, feeling him tense at my touch. It found its way along his spine, drawing out a ragged breath from him.

My lips were still on his, but now the taste of mint was touched by a hint of distant smoke. I frowned, reluctantly pulling away from Kai, who growled softly at the interruption.

He pressed his lips against mine once again, but I briefly pulled away to ask, "Do you smell smoke?"

Kai shook his head, but the intense look in his eyes told me he wasn't listening to my words. His hand slipped under my own shirt, his fingers skimming the skin covering my ribs, and my breath hitched. Just like that, my worries were forgotten.

In between kisses, Kai was whispering sweet nothings to me in our native language. His lips were then trailing along my neck before we heard the twig snap.

Kai's eyes flashed and in an instant, he pulled me up, my body now pressed between his back and the tree. A low growl built in Kai, and my heart pounded as they came forward.

"Shift and we'll kill you right away."

I stiffened at the words, my world crumbling as more and more surged forward, covered in blood, sadistic looks covering their faces.

"We'll bring them to their village so they can see what they missed."

Kai snarled and start to run at them, but it was my hands clutching his shirt that stopped him. "I'll kill every one of you," he said calmly, the words making the men look cautiously at one another.

"Come on, let's go. We don't have all day," one said, suddenly beckoning us forward.

Suddenly someone shook me and I didn't hesitate to reach out, claws extended.

"Ivy, it is me! It is only Cayne!"

I blinked several times and took in the situation. I was no longer in a forest with Kai, not anymore.

I was surrounded by enforcers, all with weapons drawn and ready to attack me if Prince Gordon gave them the slightest indication.

Prince Gordon was knelt in front of me, both hands pressed against the left side of his face. But the blood still escaped, falling to the dirt. My eyes widened as I realized he was bleeding and that I had been the cause of it.

[südame - my heart]

[armastatu - beloved]

Team Kaivy or Ivayne?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.6K 3.8K 46
Finding out that your parents, the people that raised you your whole life, weren't your actual parents was hard. Being told at the ripe ol' age of e...
456K 25.7K 46
EDITED ~~~~ Book two of Forgotten series. ~~~~ Shey Lazera felt she was not destined to have a mate. She had been rejected so many times she almost...
1.9K 28 12
Somewhere in the north an army of Hybrids, a lethal combination of Shifter and Vampire, was being created. An army with an ability to shift between a...
3.1K 129 12
There are two species of vampires, ones created by the Lilith Curse, and those created by The First Witch. The Originals were created by The First Wi...