Ghosts Of The Past [BoyxBoy] ✓

By Pinkrainbowcorn

"Don't do that." I mumble. "Why not?" His husky voice cracks as he speaks softly into my ear. Blood rushes... More

1. My Girlfriend's Brother
2. Who Is This Guy?
3. Fuckboy
4. Princess
5. Drama
6. Cigarette-Tongue
7. Panic.
8. Trigger
9. Olive
10. Butterflies
11. Dad
12. Golden
13. Cry
14. Vividly Colored Memories
15. House On The Hill
16. Dear Sister
17. Love
18. The Kiss
19. Couple
20. The Carwash
21. Hot
22. Rain
23. Into The Night
24. This Town
25. Smile
26. Plead
27. Fire
28. Sun
29. Exhausted
30. Heartless
31. Guilt
32. Moon
33. Spill
34. Mind
35. Brave
36. Friends
37. Ice
38. Warrior
39. Sex.
40. Baby
41. Let Go
42. My Heart
43. Angel // Gray Sky
44. Light
45. Rose
46. Body
47. Fight
48. Between Us
49. Chase
50. Tension
51. Damn.
53. Boys Night
54. Boys Night (Pt. Two)
55. Te Quiero
56. The Halloween Party
57. Surprise
58. Together
Afterword
MORE GHOSTS OF THE PAST

52. Anger

6.2K 236 64
By Pinkrainbowcorn

It's the end of the school day and I have to get home and change for work. Aron's right behind me as I make my way through the hallway. Suddenly Loren runs up to me with Rosie in her arms. 

I smile uncontrollably upon seeing my daughter's doll-face. 

"Rosie!" I exclaim excited. 

I grab her little hand. 

"You have to watch her for me!" Loren says. 

"What? It's your turn, I have work!" 

"I know," Loren pushes Rosalie into my arms. "But I have a really important interview! It's about Yale!" 

"Loren—"

"Thank you, I love you! Bye!" And with that, she runs off. 

I sigh. 

Aron joins my side  

"Great. I have work in an hour and my mom's working too. I can't call in sick again or they'll have my head!"

"I'll watch her." Aron says calmly. 

I look at him in disbelief. 

"Seriously?" I ask. 

As much as Aron seemed to like her, it's kind of hard for me to understand why he would want to spend time with the result of my infidelity. 

"Yeah, no problem." He shrugs. 

"So.. you don't mind?" I check again. 

"Sky, I'm just as enchanted by this angel as everyone else. Probably even more since she looks like you. Don't worry, okay?" He smiles. 

I sigh relieved. And then I smile and wonder what I did to deserve him. 

***

I walk into the house after my shift. "I'm home." I say.

No response. I walk further into the apartment and open the door to my room. My heart melts as I see Aron sleeping on my bed with Rose in his arms.

I try not to squeal.

I take my phone out of my pocket and take a picture. A few, actually.

Then I make my way over to them and gently take my daughter from Aron.

She moves a little but she doesn't wake up. She's fast asleep.

I kiss her forehead and put her in her crib.

I walk back to my bed and kiss Aron's forehead. He sighs in a pleased way. I smile and take a shower.

I put on some boxers and lay down next to Aron.

I caress his beautiful face. It feels like I'm spying on him. He's asleep and so different from when he's awake. No fire in his eyes, just peace.

I lean my forehead against his chest and wrap my arms around him. He does the same and pulls me close.

"Aron? Are you awake?" I ask quietly.

No reply. He caresses my back.

"Sky.." He sighs.

I chuckle.

***

I groan as the sunlight hits my eyes the next morning.

"Sky," I hear in my ear.

I open my eyes to a sunlit Aron.

I look at his toned stomach and groan as I once again regret my decision to be abstinent.

"Is that your response to seeing me?" Aron laughs.

"That's my response to seeing your abs." I mumble.

"You made your bed—"

"Yeah, yeah.."

"I gotta go. Therapy." He smiles sympathetically.

"Really?" I sit up.

He nods.

"How's it going?" I ask, hoping he'll finally tell me something.

He shrugs.

"Good, I guess." He looks down at the sheets. "He was talking about starting me on EMDR, like you had."

"Really? How do you feel about it?"  I ask. 

Aron shrugs. "Sounds a bit demonic to me, but whatever. I'll try it, I guess." 

"I know, it sounds weird at first but it really helped me. It might help you too." I smile softly. 

"I hope so." He sighs. "I'm definitely getting annoyed having to talk about myself all the time. Dan said I won't have to talk about everything if I do EMDR so, sounds good to me." 

"I'm really happy you're doing this."

"Good, cause I'm only doing it for you." Aron leans in and kisses me softly. 

"Gotta go." 

"Good luck." I say and he walks out the door. 

I lay down on the bed, missing Aron already. It's crazy how much I care about him. I just want him to do well. I know he doesn't like therapy but I really hope it can help him. I am, by no means a 'finished product'. I'm still a mess (Sorry, Jennifer) but I feel so much better. I just want the same for Aron. I want nothing more than for him to care about himself as much as he cares about me. He deserves that. He deserves peace. 

I grab my phone and go to my messages. Chase still hasn't replied to any of the seven texts I sent. Maybe I should just go to his house.. If only I got the chance to tell him how sorry I am.. 

My mom said she'd watch Rose so when I'm done getting ready, I grab my keys and walk out the door. I text Aron that I'm going to Chase. After I've made my way down stairs my phone buzzes.

Aron: Wait for me. We'll go together.

Sky: aron, you're the last person chase wants to see rn

Aron: I'll wait around the corner. I'll support you.

He knows how bad I feel about Chase. He's a literal angel. 

Sky:  thank u 

Aron: gtg, ttyl

Sky: good luck. proud of u

***

I wait outside Aron's therapy building, leaning against his shiny red car, just like he did after my first session. He comes out and seeing him takes my breath away. It's like I'm looking at him like I'm just a bystander. Like I don't know him. He looks amazing. I can't believe he likes me. 

Then I notice how distressed he looks as he lights a cigarette. He walks towards his car and then spots me. 

Aron's driving and I'm anxiously waiting for him to tell me what's wrong. 

"How'd it go?" I ask. 

He sighs annoyed. 

"Not good?" 

"Dan said I need to 'stop self-harming'." 

"What?"

"He's such a therapist. He reads waayyy into everything. He says smoking is my form of self harm. How ridiculous." 

I mean.. It sort of makes sense.

I stare out the window. 

"What? You think he's right?" 

"I mean, why else do you smoke?" I ask. 

"To relax?" Aron say incredulously. 

"Okay but.. you know it's bad, right?"

Aron sighs. 

"There are like seven thousand different toxins in cigarettes." I say. 

"Okay, mom."

"I'm serious, you're gonna kill yourself one of these days. I think Dan's right. When I first asked you about it you said you didn't care about your health, doesn't that say something?"

Aron rolls his eyes. 

"You know what? Forget it, you would never quit anyway." There's no point arguing about this. 

"What? You think I can't do it?"

Hmm... I see my chance. 

"Honestly, no. You're totally dependent on tobacco." I say lightly. 

It's quiet. 

I look at Aron. He looks a little frustrated and offended. 

"I can't believe you don't think I can quit." 

"Look, it's fine. I just don't want you smoking around my baby so we're gonna have to set some rules or something—" 

Aron abruptly pulls over and starts reaching into his pocket. 

"Aron, what are you.." 

He gets out of the car and throws a pack of cigarettes on the floor.

"There. I quit." He says grandly. 

I smile. He's never his dramatic. 

"Really?" I say skeptically. "For a day? A week?" 

"Forever. I'm gonna prove to you, I can do this." He says confidently. 

I chuckle. 

"Fine. I'll believe it when I see it." 

And just like that, Aron -cigarette-tongue- Santiago has quit smoking. 

***

Aron's waiting around the corner, away from the house view.

I walk the stairs to the front door of Chase's dad's house. 

I take a deep breath and knock on the door using the golden knocker. 

I wait a while. 

Then the door slowly creaks open. 

It's Chase. He's wearing a black hoodie, black jog-shorts and white socks. 

He looks terrible. He has dark bags under his eyes and his skin looks dry and pale. 

A pang of guilt hits me. 

His blank face doesn't change upon seeing me. It's only his eyes that fill with anger. 

"Chase—"

Before I even have the chance to finish my sentence, Chase has slammed the door in my face. 

I stand there, frozen and hurt, balling my hands into fists as I look down and watch my feet become blurry.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

514 73 31
Austin and Ross met by accident, just another cliché trope, but will this trope carry on or end right that minute? "What the fuck dude?" Ross gro...
2.5K 204 60
DISCLAIMER - This book will discuss various themes such as violence and depression, and includes sections of an adult nature later down the line. It...
66 1 6
ASH I know it's not truly his fault, but his captivating blue eyes were the last thing I saw before my entire world was ripped out from under my feet...
2.5K 90 11
[discontinued] Jake Yazzie spends the vast majority of his days obsessing over musical theater and the football captain Alexander Clyborne. That is...