Hers | ✔ | (Editing)

By nadia__writes

❝I know love can be as pointless as it is to Nancy, and perhaps even as revolting as it is to Bill Sikes, but... More

Hers
00| Elysian
01| Orphic
02| Eccedentesiast
03| Kalon
04| Mauerbauertraurigkeit
05| Epiphany
07| Selcouth
08| Monachopsis
09| Illecebrous
10| Petrichor
11| Diaphonous
12| Lagom
13| Philocaly
14| Frisson
15| Abditory
16| Brumous
17| Haimish
18| Atychiphobia
19| Limerence
20| Collywobbles
21| Basorexia
22| Feuillemort
23| Querencia
24| Amaranthine
25| Lacuna
26| Aquiver
27| Commuovere
28| Adamantine
Author's Note
29| Redamancy
30| Kilig
31| Baisemain
32| Hiraeth
33| Eunoia
34| Demure
35| Zweisamkeit
36| Epilogue
37| Balter
One Shot Competition!
Deadlines & FAQ's!
Tomorrow!
One Shot Results!
38| Sirimiri
Prequel Is Up!
39| Latibule

06| Froward

40.8K 1.5K 886
By nadia__writes

0 6 

F r o w a r d 

  /frəʊəd/ 

(adj.) habitually rebellious

●●●    

We are all afraid of getting hurt.

   ●●●     

The days when Aaron got annoyed were the days he was most quiet.

And those were the days the rest of the gang seemed to always have something interesting going on in their lives.

"I'm not kidding man," Aiden said, a funny grin garnishing his lips. "I got kicked out of class because I was trying to help this dude right in front of me."

Tristan scoffed. "While simultaneously trying to flirt with the girl next to you." He let out an annoyed breath before he shook his head. "Cut the bull shit Aiden."

Aiden's grinned widened. "It's called multi-tasking for a reason," He smirked as he slightly nodded his head. "You're just jealous she didn't even spare you a glance."

Tristan rolled his eyes before he took a slurp of his milk (Which Aaron found kind of repulsing considering he was a very anti drink-milk-alone kind of guy). "Yeah sure, I will be jealous of the guy who doesn't even know the multiples of 9, let alone the Law of Conservation of Energy."

"That's because I actually have a life Tristan," Aiden said, a throaty chuckle escaping his lips as he shook his head. "And besides, at the end of the day, the multiples of nine and the Law of Conservation of Energy is just a bunch of useless crap that we will forget on the second day of college." He smirked. "I'm just accepting that faster than you are."

"Whatever." Tristan snickered as he sighed. "Where the hell is Luke?"

"He's in detention." Aaron said as he took a sip of his water. And when Tristan's and Aiden's eyebrows rose, he continued. "He pulled another stupid prank on Mr. Tom."

Aiden nodded his head understandingly. "I never liked that guy."

Tristan also agreed, nodding his head as he spoke. "He's an asshole."

"What about Andrew?" Aiden asked, flicking some of his dark hair off his eyes. "Didn't see the poor guy since Biology."

Tristan nodded his head. "We had Algebra together, he is just catching up on some work." 

Aiden rose an eyebrow. "Andrew? Catching up on work? It like a pig flying and a fish walking on the 30th of February."

Tristan's eyes bubbled with excitement. "Hey did you know that there was actually a date with 30th Feb-"

"At this point of the school year, I doubt anyone gives a fuck," Aiden interrupted. (He loved doing this to Tristan) "Am I right Aaron?"

"It's only the second week of school." Aaron said as he rubbed his temples, wishing he would just go to bed. 

"And your point is?" Aiden said, stealing some fries off Tristan's plate. (Which he immediately responded by smacking his hand off)

"You have absolutely no IQ," Tristan interjected. "That's what it means."

"God Tris," Aiden said. "That went straight to the heart."

"If you have one." Tristan piped in, sipping some more of his milk. (Which Aaron refrained from cringing to)

"You are an asshole," Aiden remarked, stealing even more french fries from Tristan's plate. "But you buy good fries."

"Gee thanks," Tristan said, giving him a snicker. "Good to know that you love me for me and not my money."

Aiden gave him a sarcastic smile. "Of course it is."

And this was how most of their free classes went - Aiden would always have something new to share while Tristan would buy 5 dollars worth of french fries and both of them would bicker while Aaron quietly watched them. 

H̶i̶s̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶l̶w̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶f̶l̶i̶c̶k̶e̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶R̶o̶s̶e̶.̶ ̶

She seemed oddly happy today, and he had absolutely no idea why. 

He sighed - why was she so weird? 

"I wonder how's Rose today." Aiden winked, eyeing Aaron as he grinned. "So have any idea where she is?"

H̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶k̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶.̶ ̶

He glanced at Aiden, an exhale escaping his lips as he shook his head. "What's your problem with her?"

Aiden's grin widened. "Do I need a reason to talk about a pretty girl?" His eyes were sparkling. 

Aaron shook his head - this guy would never learn. 

And when the bell rang, all three of them got to their feet as Tristan threw away his now empty (Thanks to Aiden) fries before he told Aaron. "Well I'll see you guys later, I have ICT now." 

Aaron nodded his head as he watched Tristan leave, his small figure blending in with the rest of the human population. 

There was something about Tristan that Aaron always found the urge to protect - as though Tristan was the baby of the bunch, and that someone needed to protect him. 

"You know if I didn't know any better, it seems to me as though you really don't appreciate the attention you're getting." Aiden remarked, draping his back pack across his shoulder as he quirked an eyebrow. "I mean with a girl as pretty as Rose, you are one lucky bastard."

Aaron rolled his eyes. "You're delusional."

He grinned. "Delusionally correct."

Aaron gave him a flat look. "How about you stop wasting both our time and go to class?"

Aiden smirked. "You still don't want to believe me." He wiggled his eyebrows as his light eyes twinkled. "You'll see."

"See you later." Aaron said, slinging his backpack to his shoulder before making his way to his next class - Accounting. 

 ☣☣☣

There were always a few advantages when you are a towering 6'3. 

One of the things was seeing how quickly people are able to stuff their lockers with their books before they run off to class, or how long a queue really is. 

A̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶u̶t̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶t̶t̶l̶e̶ ̶g̶i̶r̶l̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶l̶k̶e̶d̶.̶ ̶

He quirked an eyebrow as he eyed Rose, watching as she walked through almost everything (Perhaps even the walls) as her eyes were glued onto the pages of her new book. 

She was literally walking through everything. 

H̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶m̶i̶l̶e̶.̶ ̶

He tore his gaze away from her - he had a class to get to. 

B̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶w̶a̶l̶k̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶l̶a̶s̶s̶.̶ ̶

He shook his head as he exhaled - what was going on? 

He ran a hand through his dark hair as his feet were already moving to Accounting, and it wasn't as bad as the others told him (Even though Tristan said it was a piece of cake - which no one believed him)

Aaron never really liked Mr. Jeffrey - he thought he was just a grumpy old man who took out his anger through multiple test papers and pop quizzes, which was partially why Aiden never liked the man. 

He took a couple of steps, mentally preparing himself to be drowned in numbers and signs before he heard -

"I forgot you don't have any friends," And then a chuckle. "Silly me."

He stopped dead in his tracks. 

He didn't know what alarmed him more - how creepy and malicious that voice sounded, or how quiet the halls became. 

A̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶R̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶l̶r̶i̶g̶h̶t̶.̶ ̶

He immediately stiffened, craning his neck to the side and h̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶s̶h̶e̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶R̶o̶s̶e̶, when the corner of his eye caught the blonde ponytail, h̶e̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶l̶o̶d̶e̶d̶, he knew he had to do something. 

He didn't hear much of the conversation, but he definitely did hear the hushed whispers and Rose's usual huffs and groans, but he was already advancing towards them - and the more he heard, the more control it was taking to keep himself calm. 

He could see the outline of the guy's figure - he was definitely more muscular and built than Aaron, but he could see how calm and collected his posture was. 

He did wear tight pants, and if that wasn't enough to make Aaron cringe, he didn't know what will. 

"What is I don't?" He clicked his tongue. "I mean in all the years I've been doing this, did I ever listen?"

That's it. 

"We're going to have to make an exception this time then." Aaron said, his eyes sharply observing this 137 pounds-of-undeniably toned muscle. 

He looked more intimidating up close, but he could see how soft his eyes were, yet how he managed to mask them with this layer of venom. 

H̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶l̶a̶u̶g̶h̶.̶ ̶

"And who may you be?" The guy asked. (Who Aaron decided to call OMG - Overly Muscular Guy).

"It doesn't matter who I am," He told OMG, his eyes flickering to Rose for a second before he continued. "Just move."

OMG let out a chuckle before he turned to Rose and practically spat. "What nerd? You finally earned yourself a boyfriend?" H̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶k̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶.̶  OMG then returned his malicious glare to Aaron. "Or you just decided to hire yourself a fake one?"

Stay calm. "Move now."

OMG grinned, obviously stifling a chuckle before he said. "Not even a fake one huh?" H̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶k̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶.̶ ̶ "You really are going to-"

He didn't even heard what Rose said - he could just see her pale lips moving and he did hear words coming out of her mouth but, 

There was no control left. 

Now Aaron was never one about violence, but he wasn't one for disrespecting women either. 

And he didn't regret a single thing when he shoved OMG to the locker as he gripped his collar - he needed to teach this asshole a lesson, and if no one was willing to set him straight, he was willing to. 

"Listen here and listen close," H̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶p̶u̶m̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶r̶a̶g̶e̶.  "I don't know what kind of sick game are you playing nor do I give a fuck," This was actually true, and nothing could make Aaron interested in this guy's life who takes pleasure in teasing girls. "But when you annoy a lady, you are an asshole that needs to be taught a lesson," He clenched his jaw. "And I won't hesitate to teach you."

Even though OMG was probably a 100 times more muscular than Aaron, Aaron definitely was a good foot taller than OMG, and he even thought how weird it must have looked like. 

A muscular guy cornered by a skinny, tall one. 

That sounds about right. 

OMG just stared. "And you are?"

H̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶r̶i̶p̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶ ̶a̶p̶a̶r̶t̶.̶ ̶

Breathe. "That is none of your business." 

Aaron then released OMG's somehow greasy (He couldn't imagine how that got there) collar before exhaling an annoyed breath. His azure eyes flickered to Rose for a moment before he nodded his head. 

She was smiling, h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶i̶d̶e̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶b̶u̶b̶b̶l̶i̶n̶g̶, which means he did something right.

OMG gulped before he cleared his throat and told Rose. "Until next time nerd," His hesitant green gaze met Aaron's cold one. "You don't know what you're getting into with her," A̶a̶r̶o̶n̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶r̶i̶n̶, "She's sick."

Aaron shrugged. "I'll take my chances."

"Suit yourself Mr. Boyfriend." OMG said, scoffing as he walked off which included shoving his hands in his jean pockets as Aaron could see a breath escape his body. 

Now he wanted to grin. 

"Thank you," His attention snapped back to Rose, blinking when he noticed how pretty her eyes really are. "That was very nice of you." H̶i̶s̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶i̶c̶k̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶c̶h̶e̶s̶t̶.̶ ̶

"I did what had to be done." He gave her a small nod before telling her. "See you in English."

☣☣☣

He admitted what he did to Rose in English was mean and uncalled for - he knew he was being a whiny asshole and that he made Rose upset. 

H̶i̶s̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶h̶i̶n̶g̶.̶ ̶

He let out a sigh as he sat on the bench - because being at the back of the school at 10 am meant that there was going to be nobody here and that there was no way in hell he was going back to class. 

He decided it would be a good idea to have a walk around the dying back yard of the school (The grass was wilting and so were the flowers, so he had no idea if he should call this a garden or a graveyard)

He needed to loosen the knots in his mind and try to remove this God forsaken headache that was gripping his brain to his spine. 

H̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶s̶e̶.̶ ̶

He let out a breath as he kicked a random pebble on the ground, shoving his hands in his pockets when he noticed how chilly the air was becoming. 

He thought of a lot of things when he was like this - the what if's and the what about's of life as he contemplated his decision of coming here. 

You did the right thing he told himself, shaking his head as he sighed, You did. 

Now Aaron was never one to eavesdrop into conversations-

"You have no friends Rose, I made sure of it." 

But when it concerns a girl, an overly muscular guy and disrespect, he had no other choice. 

"You don't know me Emette." So that was his name.

Aaron shrugged - a lousy name for a lousy loser. 

H̶e̶ ̶l̶o̶v̶e̶d̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶s̶t̶r̶o̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶i̶n̶g̶.̶ ̶

"I know enough that you are a nobody Rose," He balled his fists as he took a breath. "That a naive girl like you will never be accepted here."

"You don't know that." He loved how her voice was firm and brave. 

Emette chuckled. "I do. Wanna know why?" He was getting on Aaron's nerves. "Because I have a name here. People know me, not you; they fear me, not you; and they most definitely follow me," It was taking everything in Aaron to not charge at this guy right now. "and not you."

"Piss off." This was quite entertaining. 

"You're only mad because I am saying the truth Rose," Aaron could now see how Emette's tall figure was towering Rose's small one with that stupid grin plastered on his lips, h̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶c̶l̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶h̶e̶r. "And besides, if Lover boy did actually care about you, where is he now huh?"

Aaron quirked an eyebrow as he quietly advanced towards them, shaking his head at this guy's maturity. 

H̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶i̶m̶a̶g̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶R̶o̶s̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶p̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶c̶h̶e̶e̶k̶s̶.̶ "Uhm, he is not my love-er boy, he is uh-"

"Right here." He said, walking up to them as he stood beside Rose, his cold gaze meeting Emette as he said. "You know, you're getting really annoying," A frustrated breath left his lips. "Are you ever going to stop this non sense?"

He watched as Emette grinned. "Oh it's you again," His green eyes were sending him glares. "It's nice seeing you again."

"I really wish I could say the same," Aaron admitted, a humorless laugh escaping his lips as he added. "But you're a really big asshole."

Emette's lips settled in a frown. "As if you're any better."

Keep calm, and breathe. 

"I may be an asshole, but I am not a girl tormenting overly conceited, incredibly annoying one." H̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶l̶a̶u̶g̶h̶.  "If I was, I wouldn't have to stop you every time you did shit like this."

"You know, I thought we could be friends." Emette offered, giving Aaron a smile as his green eyes were still venomous. 

And Aaron laughed - out loud at that. 

"And I thought I could be a vampire, but it turns out, blood is for wussies." He could feel his chest lighten. 

Emette's jaw was set. "You think you're funny don't you?" He then crossed his eyebrows as his green eyes flickered to Rose. "Come on man, she -" He shook his head. "is not even worth it." That grin was back. "Trust me on that one."

He wanted to tear his overly gelled hair apart.  "Conceited and disrespectful," Aaron nodded his head as he eyed Emette. "You really are an asshole."

Emette clenched his jaw. "You don't know what you're getting into with her."

Aaron's glare hardened. "What would you know? You're not her boyfriend."

H̶i̶s̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶r̶a̶c̶i̶n̶g̶.̶ ̶

Emette quirked an eyebrow before he peered over at Rose. "So you did hire yourself a boyfriend."

Pink tickled her cheeks, her brown eyes wide as she stuttered. "I-I have no-"

"It's been three months since we got together," He laced his fingers with hers. "Hasn't it love?" He said softly, his eyes fixed on Emette, whose green eyes were selling him out. 

H̶e̶r̶ ̶h̶a̶n̶d̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶w̶a̶r̶m̶.̶ ̶

Emette's features hardened. "Is that so?"

"Very much so." Aaron said as he nodded his head, noticing the poison that was bottling up in Emette's green eyes. 

"I don't believe you," Emette chuckled, shaking his head as he added. "The thought itself seems impossible."

H̶e̶r̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶g̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶c̶h̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶i̶c̶k̶l̶e̶.̶ "We're not trying to impress you, and frankly I don't care whether you believe me or not." He pulled he closer. "Just stay out of her way." H̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶g̶a̶z̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶.̶ ̶

"Kiss her," Emette demanded, his tone strong and loud. "I dare you." 

H̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶l̶a̶u̶g̶h̶  "You never associate a lady with a dare," H̶e̶r̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶g̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶s̶q̶u̶e̶e̶z̶e̶d̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶o̶w̶n̶. "She is a queen on Earth and she doesn't deserve to be played in a silly game."

His grip around Rose's hand tightened before he told Emette. "If I were you, I'd stay away from Rose." His blue gaze intensified as it hardened. "You're lucky you didn't piss me off much," H̶e̶r̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶g̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶n̶g̶u̶e̶ ̶t̶i̶e̶d̶. "But next time, there will be much less discussion."

And with that he walked away, taking Rose with him as he peered at her from the corner of his eye. 

S̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶a̶u̶t̶i̶f̶u̶l̶.̶ ̶

"Who's that kid?" Aaron asked, t̶o̶ ̶c̶a̶l̶m̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶r̶a̶c̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶r̶t̶. "He's really annoying." He commented, his eyes flickering to their entwined fingers. 

H̶e̶r̶ ̶c̶h̶e̶e̶k̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶p̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶,̶ "Uhm, that was Emette. Emette Carson. Fourth grade bully, and sixth grade prick."

Everything made sense now. 

"Makes sense." He could feel himself smiling. 

"What does?" She asked, her brown eyes curious as she blinked.

H̶i̶s̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶r̶a̶c̶i̶n̶g̶.̶ ̶

"Nothing your little brain needs to be concerned about." He told her, nodding his head to himself as he sighed. 

"Hey I have an IQ of 119." She argued, raising an eyebrow as her brown eyes became determined, challenging. 

H̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶l̶a̶u̶g̶h̶.̶ ̶

And for the next couple of minutes, they argued about IQ's, human nature and even humor. 

H̶e̶r̶ ̶h̶a̶n̶d̶s̶ ̶n̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶l̶e̶f̶t̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶.̶ ̶

☣☣☣

There were a few things Aaron never liked, and they were small things that nobody would even notice such as: Middle names, nicknames, chocolate, candy, colours, followed by many many more useless things that could never contribute anything to society. 

But he also hated tardiness, and the fact that he was the only one who showed up at worked today made a nerve in him twitch. 

There was no one in sight - the coffee shop was completely naked with no staff, the only thing that filled it up were the customers that came and went.

And he was boiling. 

Not even a text or even a freaking sticky-note-on-the-counter-thing, and he was slowly losing his patience on where everyone actually was. 

Rose came in as usual, but he was too much in thought to even spare her a second glance. He knew her regular - black coffee with creamer and a chocolate chip muffin. 

He shook his head as he piled her order on a tray - an annoyed sigh escaping his lips as he walked over to her. 

He walked over to her, quietly reciting the first 25 digits of Pi before he carefully placed her order on the table. "There you go. Enjoy." It was a protocol to say that to any ordering customer - it wasn't as if he had a choice. 

"Thank you Aaron," She said sweetly, rummaging through her bag until Aaron shook his head. "Off the house again?"

He nodded his head, which made a frown etch on her lips. "How long are you going to keep doing that?"

"Until I stop working here," He told her, adjusting the apron around his waist (Because apparently his waist size was smaller than a zero - the girl told him that as she shook her head)

And they proceeded to give him a regular sized apron but stitch it up to fit his unhealthy-ly skinny waist, and even did it with sad looks on their faces.

He shook his head - some people. 

"How are you handling giving me all this food for free Aaron?" Rose asked, concern radiating out of her eyes as she sighed. "I don't want it for free if you're in trouble."

H̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶p̶a̶y̶c̶h̶e̶c̶k̶s̶.̶ ̶

H̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶l̶a̶u̶g̶h̶. "You're making it sound like it costs me a kidney and a lung," His eyes softened. "Don't worry about it Rose."

She gave him one more smile before she rummaged through her purse again, which immediately made Aaron say. "What did I tell you-"

"Calm down, I'm getting something else," She said, crunching noises escaping her bag as she gripped on the two granola bars in hand. "I forgot to give you one today, and here's another one for the free coffee and muffin."

He shook his head. "You don't need to-"

"You don't really have a choice Aaron, or I'm going to break open that cash register and shove my own money in there."

He held the corner of the wrapper. "One is enou-"

"And I'll pay double the price."

He took both of them as he mumbled annoyed. "Thank you."

She smiled. "You're welcome."

He gave her a small nod before walking over back to the cash register, noticing how Rose was the only one here (Which he was kind of grateful about) and how quiet the place really was.

It was very rare when it was this quiet, and he kind of liked how the only things he could hear were the gushes of wind outside as well as Rose's constant sips. 

His eyes flickered to her in the far right corner, her brown eyes stuck to yet another book as a big smile was garnishing her lips. 

S̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶b̶r̶e̶a̶t̶h̶-̶t̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶.̶ ̶

He shook his head - what the actual fuck was going on? 

He didn't like her, he definitely didn't have any romantic feelings towards her. He just admired her, how bubbly she was all the time, or how cheerful she always was. 

But there was no way he had any sort of feelings for her - and even if he did, it would never work anyway. 

Because a girl like her only deserves the best a guy has to offer.

And he wasn't even close. 

☣☣☣

"Hey man, where the hell is my jacket?" Luke asked groggily as he rubbed his eyes. "Could've sworn I just saw it."

Aaron held it up. "That's because you gave it to me to hang on to." 

Luke gave him a goofy grin. "My bad man, sorry." Luke took his worn out-already ripped-but-still-looks-good jacket from Aaron before slinging it on his shoulder on top of his back pack. "I hate school."

"You've already told me 13 times this morning and counting," Aaron noted, slinging his own bag on his shoulder as he sighed. "What's up with you?"

"I don't know man," Luke sighed, running a hand through his blonde hair. "Maybe I'm getting my period or something."

H̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶l̶a̶u̶g̶h̶.̶ ̶

"Then talk to Aiden about it," Aaron advised, taking a sip from his bottle of water. "I'm sure he would know."

Luke grinned. "I'll quote you on that."

Aaron shrugged. "Oh well."

Luke chuckled before he ruffled Aaron's hair (Which made him scowl). "I can't believe you're the youngest."

He shrugged again. "Not my fault you're elder."

Luke scoffed. "Even though you act more mature then me and Aiden combined."

"Not my fault you're both dumb asses."

"...."

"...."

"Get in the car,"

"We don't have a car."

"Get in the bus,"

"The bus doesn't come in 15 minutes."

"Go to your room,"

"My room is currently occupied by an asshole because he didn't want to sleep on the couch last night."

"...."

"...."

"You're grounded."

And for the next fifteen minutes, it consisted to Luke's constant threats while Aaron made up quirky replies until he decided to just go fetch the bus even though he had 5 minutes to spare.

"Excuses excuses excuses," Luke said, clicking his tongue as he grinned. "You could've just told me you wanted out."

Aaron shook his head as he sighed, What an idiot. "See you at school."

"This isn't over kid," Luke said, his hazel eyes gleaming with mischief. "I'll get you back."

Aaron shrugged. "Good luck with that."

"I WILL KICK YOUR ASS SO HIGH UP YOU WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO SHIT FOR A MONTH." Luke shouted right after he left the door, making Aaron wonder whether any of the neighbours were going to get him for that. 

He sighed - Luke was such a pain in the ass. 

The air was calm today, the small gushes of wind tickling the nape of his neck as he sat by the bench.

If there was something he hated more than being in the bus, it was waiting for it. 

The driver was a lousy 32 year old, who has made it a regular habit to pass by Aaron's stop at least 10 minutes late. 

And today wasn't any different. 

He took his headphones out of his bag before drowning himself in some music. There was always something about a chilly Wednesday morning that always needed some music. 

His mind then flickered to Rose, and how probably at this time of the day, she would still be sleeping. He always arrived to school earlier than she did - always by half an hour. 

And he could imagine how she would be cuddling in her bed right now with her stuffy teddy bear, and how her dreams would always be more beautiful than this selfish world. 

H̶i̶s̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶w̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶u̶p̶.̶ ̶

He didn't know why he would always think of Rose when he wasn't doing anything - he concluded that it was because she is one of the only homo spiens left who could make something so small, worth while. 

S̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶b̶r̶e̶a̶t̶h̶-̶t̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶.̶ ̶

As his head bobbed to the music in his earphones, he quietly did some extra work as he sat down - solving more than half of the next Calculus homework and even the entire next lesson of Mechanics. 

Aaron loved working - and working in extreme limits. 

He let out a quiet chuckle, shaking his head as he closed both the books before shoving them back in his bag - some things will never get old. 

And even with his (Extra) Calculus and Mechanics homework done, he still had to wait an extra 5 minutes before he could see the bus coming, and when he looked at his wristwatch, he sighed. 

6:49 am

He was grateful that he wasn't going to be late today, and that maybe he could do something productive on the way. 

"Morning Aaron." Roy said, opening the bus door as he yawned, his soft grey eyes still sleepy as he exhaled. 

"Morning." Aaron replied, giving Roy a small nod before he made his way to his regular seat. 

He didn't even notice the new faces on the bus or their bulging eyes, all he really noticed was that there was more homework in his bag that he needed to finish. 

A̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶g̶i̶r̶l̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶s̶c̶h̶o̶o̶l̶ ̶c̶a̶l̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶R̶o̶s̶e̶.̶ ̶

☣☣☣

Her hair was a living mess, strands of hair sticking out of her (Rather really really messy) messy bun.

He never thought he would live to see her brown eyes tired and droopy (He kinda wanted to laugh at her) and how the grey-blue dark circles ran marathons around her eyes. 

S̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶a̶u̶t̶i̶f̶u̶l̶.̶ ̶

"What happened to you?" Aaron asked her, watching as she attempted to tuck some loose locks of hair into her (Somehow still intact) bun. 

"I had an all nighter," She told him, rubbing her eyes with her fingers as she let out a yawn.

"What were you doing?" He asked her, quirking an eyebrow as he watched her yawn again. 

He had no idea how they were talking right now, but they just were. 

"Studying physics," She said between a yawn. She then rubbed the water off the corners of her eyes, "Have a-" She yawned again. "-test today."

H̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶m̶i̶l̶e̶.̶ ̶

He gave her a small nod. "Well good luck with that."

She gave him a sleepy smile, h̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶o̶p̶p̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶r̶e̶a̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶, and replied. "Thank you."

H̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶m̶i̶l̶e̶. "No problem."

The bell rang, and Rose have him one last smile. "Well that's my bell. See you in English."

He nodded his head. "See you."

She gave him a small wave before she dashed to her class, limping at a few steps as her bun became even more loose and locks of hair escaped it. 

B̶r̶e̶a̶t̶h̶t̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶a̶u̶t̶i̶f̶u̶l̶.̶ ̶

And that was when he knew, he hated that God damn bell. 

☣☣☣

She was late.

Even Mrs. Lory seemed surprised, her grey eyes flickering to the clock as she crossed her eyebrows. 

Aaron got up, screeching his chair in the process as he exhaled. "I'll go look for her."

Mrs. Lory smiled. "Take your time."

Aaron gave her a small nod before he walked to the door; sighing as he exited the classroom. 

Where might she be? he asked himself as he walked along the corridor, If I were a sleepy nerd, where would I go? 

He shook his head as he let out a breath - this was going nowhere. 

The hallways were empty, some students roaming around the cafeteria while other had small talk with their friends. 

Still no Rose. 

He scratched the nape of his neck, there is literally only a number of places you could go. 

He then sighed (And noticed that he always sighed way too much when it came to Rose) as he passed by the back of the school.

The place reeked of mildew, yet combined with the essence of fresh cut grass and burning paper. 

He scrunched his nose as he let out a small cough - what is this? 

H̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶r̶i̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶

But when he heard small snores - everything in him stopped. 

And when his eyes fell on the blonde haired girl, h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶r̶e̶a̶t̶h̶e̶, he let out a breath. 

Her hair was out of its bun; her blonde locks scattering the grass beneath her head as her brown eyes were concealed by her eyelids. 

She laid on her stomach, flat against the grassy ground as her bag was half opened -with multiple papers sticking out- and her hair tie was laying right beside her head. 

The corners of his lips tugged up - he was right, s̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶a̶u̶t̶i̶f̶u̶l̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶l̶e̶p̶t̶, she needed rest. 

He exhaled a breath before he crouched down and closed her bag (Stuffing some of the things that fell out too) before he slung it over his shoulder. 

He then proceeded to tie her hair band around his wrist - cringing a moment later when he saw the pink polka dots on the lilac band. 

And now for the girl. 

He honestly didn't know what to do - it was the bus scenario all over again. 

Wake her up? H̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶t̶o No she needs rest.

Leave her there? I wish.

Take her to the nurse's office and let her sleep on the bed?

He nodded his head to himself as he took one of her arms and wrapped it around his neck. 

But wait

He needed to think this through - this is about a sleeping girl, who is laying on her stomach and it can't possibly be that easy to carry her without hurting her. 

After a few moments of contemplation, he decided that he would slowly stand up - taking Rose with him and when she is at the correct angle, he would carry her. 

There, problem solved.

He then carefully stood up, making sure he wasn't hurting her in any way (He saw the angle) before he lifted the back of her knees and adjusted his other hand to her back and lifted her up. 

He took one more look at her (She didn't even stir) before he took one step. 

And that was the beginning of everything. 

Because when he could see one of her sleepy brown eyes again, h̶i̶s̶ ̶b̶r̶e̶a̶t̶h̶ ̶h̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶o̶a̶t̶ and she mumbled quietly. "No Aaron.... Bench." She closed her eyes again, murmuring a few illiterate words. "Bench...homework..No where," She yawned. "else."

He crossed his eyebrows as snored now escaped her lips - what homework?

His eyes scanned the area for any benches, h̶e̶r̶ ̶b̶r̶e̶a̶t̶h̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶i̶c̶k̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶c̶o̶l̶l̶a̶r̶b̶o̶n̶e̶s̶, and when one bench caught his eye - sure enough there were multiple papers scattering it. 

A crease in the middle of his eyebrow formed, what should he do now?

He advanced towards the bench, shuffling the b̶e̶a̶u̶t̶i̶f̶u̶l̶ sleeping girl in his arms as his feet padded against the damp grass. (Which were tickling his ankles)

He carefully placed Rose on the bench, ensuring that neither her nor his feet were crushing her worksheets. (He recognised her hand writing)

He then picked up all the papers, putting them in her bag before sitting right beside her. 

"Aaron," She mumbled, sleep still in her voice as her tired eyes met his curious ones. "Sorry..distracting..miss..class."

He gave her a small nod before he said quietly. "Sleep."

She gave him a sleepy smile before she drifted to a world of her own.

And just when he was about to put her bag on the floor-

he felt her head lean against his shoulder.

H̶i̶s̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶r̶a̶c̶i̶n̶g̶.̶ ̶

She wrapped her small arms around his arm, a small yawn escaping her lips before soft snores tickled the air around them. 

H̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶z̶e̶n̶.̶ ̶

He took a glance at her before he nodded his head and leaned back on the bench.

H̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶s̶e̶l̶f̶ ̶s̶m̶i̶l̶i̶n̶g̶.̶ ̶

 ☣☣☣

Rose slept for a long time, and Aaron still didn't move. 

Somehow his arm ended up being around her shoulder, and her head was now in his chest and he was actually wondering whether his racing heart could wake her up. 

There were times when Andrew would tell the guys about how pretty a girl was when she was sleeping, and how it was something so spiritually uplifting and a once in a lifetime sight, but Aaron really didn't know what to say. 

She drooled on him probably more than she should, and her snores were something he needed to get used to. 

But he was smiling. 

He found it so fascinating on how alert yet quiet she was being: she made occasional grunts and sighs, and her hands were always moving while her legs seemed to have a mind of their own. 

It was so captivating on how something so simple could be so breathtakingly beautiful. 

And Aaron was willing to stay as her pillow for as long as it takes, even if it means missing the entire day of school. 

"Aaron?"

Aaron looked up only to meet Chase's confused stare, his eyes flickering between him and Rose as he furrowed his eyebrows. "What is Rose doing here?"

"Sleeping." Aaron replied, h̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶l̶e̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶g̶o̶.

Chase nodded his head as his gaze was still fixed on the blonde haired girl before he said. "I'll take her home," His gaze seemed convinced and sure. "She won't budge."

H̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶l̶a̶u̶g̶h̶.̶ ̶

Aaron shrugged (He did it with care though considering that Rose's head was still on his shoulder) before he uttered. "I don't mind."

Chase let out a chuckle as he shook his head. "But she will when she finds out."

Aaron shrugged (Again with care). "If you insist."

"I'm taking her home," Chase decided, nodding his head to himself as he already took Rose's bag in hand. "And you always seem to be her Prince Charming to the rescue don't you?" His eyes were sparkling.

Heat surged up his neck. "Just doing what I have to do."

Chase smiled. "She will freak when she wakes up."

Aaron quirked an eyebrow. "Why?"

Chase then let out another chuckle, "It doesn't matter man, now," He took a breath before he carefully took Rose's hand. "Time for us to go." 

"I'll collect her homework and write down some notes for her." Aaron said, watching as Chase got Rose to her feet, immediately catching her before she hit the ground. 

H̶e̶ ̶f̶e̶l̶t̶ ̶e̶m̶p̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶.̶ ̶

Chase struggled a bit, adjusting the sleeping beauty on his back before he placed his arms behind her back. "That's would be very helpful Aaron, thank you."

He nodded. "No problem."

"She loves piggy back rides man," Chase said, grinning as he adjusted her again. "Too bad she's asleep for this one."

Aaron nodded. "She'll appreciate it either way."

Chase eyes twinkled. "I'm sure she will."

"Anyway, we have to get going," Chase spoke, giving Aaron a small smile as he continued. "Thank you again man, I know it couldn't have been easy."

Aaron shook his head. "She was alright."

Chase chuckled. "Alright then, see you tomorrow." Chase took a few steps before he said. "Oh before I forget! Rose has something for you with Mrs. Lory." Chase smiled. "Just ask it from her, and she'll hand it over."

Aaron nodded his head. "Will do."

And they were off, Rose's limp figure behind Chase's toned back as they moved along the school fields, and then Aaron couldn't see them any longer. 

H̶i̶s̶ ̶c̶h̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶v̶y̶ ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶.̶ ̶

He exhaled a breath before he got on his feet, swinging to sides a bit because of how numb they were feeling. 

He rubbed his eyes before heading to his next class.

☣☣☣

He was gone for 2 hours. 

"I was going to call a fucking search party!"

Because Luke was hyperventilating while Aiden just shrugged. 

"Calm down," Aaron said, shaking his head as he closed his locker. "I'm fine alright?"

Luke sighed. "Dude we basically raped our call buttons."

"I didn't have my phone," Aaron shrugged. "It was in my bag."

"Where the hell would you go without your bag?" Aiden piped in, quirking an eyebrow as he looked at Aaron. 

A̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶c̶h̶o̶o̶l̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶e̶a̶u̶t̶i̶f̶u̶l̶,̶ ̶s̶l̶e̶e̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶g̶i̶r̶l̶.̶ ̶

Aaron shrugged again. "None of your business."

"Cut the crap Aaron," Luke said, running a hand through his blonde hair before he said. "You had me worried."

Aiden then chuckled. "You should've seen him, he was like a whiny 6 year old who lost her doll."

Luke frowned. "Unlike you, I actually care about Aaron."

Aiden shook his head, a silly grin attached to his lips as he stated. "I care about the lil fellow, but I know when a dude needs space," His eyes were twinkling. "Unlike you."

Luke ignored him. "Where were you?"

"In school," Aaron said as he sighed. "Listen I have a class to get to, so I'll talk to you later."

"You're still not forgiven," Luke pointed out while Aiden ruffled Aaron's hair. "Good job man, you skipped 2 classes," He winked. "You make me proud."

Aiden and Luke were like Aaron's mother and father - Aiden being the cool, laid back Dad while Luke was the over protective, psychotic Mom. 

Aaron quietly chuckled, shaking his head as he caught sight of Mrs. Lory. 

Chemistry can wait. 

"Mrs. Lory!" Aaron called out as he walked up to her, giving her a small nod as he asked. "Rose has something for me?"

Her wrinkled grey eyes lighted up. "Why yes she does!" H̶e̶r̶ ̶e̶x̶c̶i̶t̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶A̶a̶r̶o̶n̶'̶s̶ ̶c̶h̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶l̶i̶g̶h̶t̶e̶n̶. "Come along!"

Aaron followed her lead, watching how her excitement was practically radiating to the dull atmosphere. 

H̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶R̶o̶s̶e̶.̶ ̶

"Just wait out here alright?" Mrs. Lory told him, giving him a big smile before she entered the staff room. 

He always wondered what it would be like to have this queasy feeling of curiousity coursing through your entire body as you waited for a parcel to come. 

Because when Mrs. Lory came back out and handed him a beautifully wrapped box, he could feel the queasiness run through him as his fingers traced the velvety box. 

"Well there you go!" Mrs. Lory said, giving Aaron a smile before she took her bag in hand. "Now I really have to run dear, and so, see you tomorrow!"

And she left.

Aaron's eyes found the beautiful box again, his breath getting stuck somewhere in his throat as he carefully opened it. 

It was his jacket, neatly folded as it seemed freshly ironed. 

Except there was at least a gallon of glitter on it, drowning the black leather in a sea of pink glitter and endless strings of confetti. 

And this time, he did laugh - out loud at that. 

It was a shame that Mrs. Lory wasn't there to see it. 

Author's Note: 

Hey loves! How are you all doing? I hope you're all fine! >.< 

So yeah, I updated this quirky lil thing, and I hope you guys found it nice! So do tell me in the comments your thoughts about this update, and uh, it was just so much fun writing this! :D

Vote - I fell in love with the way you voted, slowly and then all at once.

Comment - That's the thing about euphoria, it demands to be felt.

Share - Everything is unstable to Nadia. 

And this chapter is dedicated to foreversmilin because she is such a bombshell, who is actually having a cover competition for her soon to be published book 'Mars'! So if you want to take part in choosing the cover for this amazing book, just go over to her blog and vote! >.< 

So yeah, again, thank you all for now over 12.1K reads. It's absolutely crazy on how much this book is actually progressing, and quite frankly, I still can't believe this. So thank you to everyone who commented, voted and eve read this story. It means the absolute world to me. :')

And I actually am on my Spring Break now, and normally I would update like a rabbit high on cocaine, but unfortunately, I have my IGCSE mock exams, which all the teachers have successfully tormented us were the hardest thing we were ever going to do. 

So yeah, I need to study because as much as I am an expert at procrastination - I really need to study. xD

I actually just finished my English speaking exam, and it went better than expected! So if you are going to do it, then I recommend to literally not do anything while you wait! Read a book or so something that will make you forget for a bit. :) Good luck! <3 

So yeah, that's all there is for this update! Hope you guys enjoyed this one, and please do comment your thoughts down below! 

That's all for now loves, until next time. :)

I love you beautiful, remember that. :D

-Nadia <3 :D xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 435 43
Falling in love with an enemy knowingly is wrong. What if, it happens unknowingly? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ " W-what this? " I lost the ability to speak Englis...
36.3K 4.5K 59
Previously known as 'Hope'. Completed √ "Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all the darkness" Everyone has a story. Some choose to...
32.2K 903 15
this is collection of one shot. enjoy English isn't my first language. i am sorry if there is any mistake
35 0 8
Some things you just can't avoid, like falling in love. As much as you try to avoid, or search for it, it always seems to find you, or elude you. It...