ROLAKE (DISCONTINUED)

By Gay4nutella

~~~~~~~~~~~ #I smiled guiltily, about to turn at a corner. "Well-" I started high pitched, getting ready to e... More

Author's note
β€’1: SS2 Alreadyβ€’
β€’2: Dem Babesβ€’
β€’4: Surprisesβ€’
β€’5: Adekunleβ€’
β€’5b: Crushes and Bro Hugsβ€’
β€’5c: Whippedβ€’
β€’6: Lunchβ€’
β€’6b: Spice Palaceβ€’
β€’6c: I'm Famished!β€’
β€’7: Making Progressβ€’
β€’8: Fights and Insomniaβ€’
β€’9: You're a case I swearβ€’
β€’10: Oh Noβ€’
β€’11: Stay Happyβ€’
β€’12: Clubsβ€’
β€’13: Suspicionsβ€’
β€’13b: Sly Motherf*ckerβ€’
β€’14: Movie Date?β€’
β€’15: Unlicensed Snack Supermarketβ€’
β€’16: Ya Doing Wellβ€’
β€’17: Complicated Speciesβ€’
β€’17b: Galaxy Mallβ€’
β€’18: Talks and Basketballβ€’
β€’19: Facadesβ€’
β€’20: Bittersweet Nostalgiaβ€’
β€’21: Timivaβ€’
Resumption of updates?🌚
β€’22: Rubber Duckβ€’

β€’3: I Don't Like Himβ€’

318 98 75
By Gay4nutella

[Edited]

Rolake Coker

The assembly consisted of mainly the principal talking about good behavior and what was expected of us this session and blah blah blah. Like we get it! You've been saying the same thing for over four years now! In essense, it was boring, as usual.

Enough with the depressing subject. I was currently with the girls on our way to the senior block from the assembly. Talking about how our holidays went, Shatoni travelling to Paris and how she was able to sketch the Eiffel Tower, Ava going to her family hometown, Deinbofa travelling to Bayelsa then Dubai, Folakemi being cooped up at home reading as always and me in Abuja.

"It was nice sha. Kevwe and I did a lot of shopping and all, with her money ofcourse," I gisted the girls, with me walking backwards so I could face them. I mean why not?

"I have a hunch that you forced her to pay for you" Deinbofa said, looking at me knowingly.

I grinned guiltily, about to turn at a corner. "Well-" I started high pitched, getting ready to explain myself until I bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't look- YOU!" I said, slitting my eyes once I saw who I bumped into.

"Me." He said grinning.

"I least expected to see you here. You know, maybe you got kidnapped by some aliens in a UFO and yunno, taken out of space, never to be seen again" I said, rubbing my chin suggestively, well aware of my friends behind me who lived for our drama.

"Oh come on sweetheart. We both know you'll be the first to hop on a spaceship to look for me" he said, cockily.

I scoffed. "In your fucking dreams asshole" and with that, I brushed passed him not before giving him the hand to talk to. Yes, I'm that petty.

You must be wondering who the hell that was. Well, that's Adekunle Orenuga, the most infuriating asshole I have ever met. He transferred to Horizons beginning of Ss1 and for some reason, he just always looked for a way to frustrate me like he found . So there had always been a rift between us and the whole set knew.

He was not ugly though, according to what I've heard. He, according to what I've heard, is one of the most handsome guys in the set. Top three to be exact. With his fair skin, nicely sculptured face, broad nose and full pink lips and nice body. Again, according to what I've heard. I don't know if he's handsome. His jerkiness has overpowered the looks. I didn't hate him though, I just don't like him.

I stumped straight to the class, ignoring all the looks I was getting from my classmates, who probably wanted to ask what happened but didn't after seeing the glare I was shooting and sat down on my locker with a humph and immediately putting my head on it.

Seconds later, I felt bodies looming around me. I raised my head up to see my best and better friends looking at me with amused expressions.

"What?" I asked looking from one person to another. Why were they looking at me like that?

Folakemi snorted and went to her seat while Deinbofa just patted my head in a pity like form, shaking her head and following Kemi. What was wrong with them?

I stopped staring at them and looked at Toni and Ava with a raised brow. Toni just took a seat on my locker desk and Ava made a gesture of wanting to share my seat so I moved for her and she sat down. I looked from one face to the other expecting them to talk.

Ava sighed and put a hand around me. "Rolake," she said in a soft voice and almost immediately, she and Toni started laughing like hyenas. I rolled my eyes and flung her hand away which she retrieved and continued laughing with Toni.

"To be honest, I'll never understand you and Adekunle's palava" Toni said, still laughing.

"I'm telling you! The sexual tension is always on another level when they're together" Ava said, in her accent. I hissed and stood up, wanting to get out of the class but got dragged back by Ava.

"Oya sorry. Someone cannoh play with you?" She asked, wiggling her brows, her accent long forgotten.

I freed myself from her hold "e be like say una no know which kain play to play" I said and hissed, folding my hands with a pout.

As we were talking, Mrs Onyemem walked in and immediately, some of my my classmates stared grumbling in displeasure while they greeted her, the rest, well, ignoring her existence.

I just stood there with a blank expression, not saying anything at all. The woman now had an annoying smile on her face which immediately changed to daggers as she glared at the few stubborn students who thought what they were doing was more important than her presence. Did I mention that she looked constipated with that scowl on her face? She looked like she literally was about to go number two but was trying her very best to hold it in.

The students in question just grumbled and stood up sluggishly like saying her presence was really annoying them.

When she saw that we were all standing, that sick smile came back to her face.

"All of you should greet again" she commanded. My classmates started greeting again, rather sluggishly as if they were forced to a recital or something. I just stood there, transfixed on my position, not even moving a muscle or attempting to greet. She annoyed me...alot.

Okay see, it's not like I was disrespectful or anything, it's just that I whole heartedly did not like her. She was a terrible pain in the ass and she knew it. I wasn't the only one who thought of her that way though. The whole class did. In fact the whole set did. She never minded her business.

She saw that I didn't greet her and slit her eyes at me, but changing it back to that smile when she looked away.

"Sit down" she said. We sat down, not saying anything, most people going back to what they were doing. I kept my chin on my palm, my elbow on my locker table. I looked towards Shatoni and Ava and saw their expressions. They looked like they'd rather be anywhere but here. I snorted and turned back to teacher dearest.

"What are you having this morning?" She asked no one in particular.

No one answered.

"Maths ma" Selene said, breaking the silence with her annoying squeaky voice. She was the most annoying girl in class, one of the reasons was because she was always smiling that her somehow deformed teeth which were shifted to the front, whenever she was doing something stupid. Her parents were rich, God knows why she hasn't fixed it yet.

Why is she even asking you're probably wondering. Well at Horizon, the first day isn't necessarily free. Fine we wouldn't have classes all day but a few teachers still went to class to give scheme of work and all that. So it is always advisable to not miss the first day, unless you want to copy notes later on. Now that I think about it, I don't know why I was in school. I never came on the first day.

Teacher dearest nodded her head, acknowledging what she said. The school had emailed the time table to all students during the holidays and when we got to class, they had posted a copy on the bulletin board.

She faced me, not smiling, and said "Coker go and call Mr Makinwa".

What? It's not even first period yet!

"It's not yet first period" I said, subtly rolling my eyes at her, making some of my classmates to snicker.

"Then do that when it is" she said slitting her eyes at me, making me automatically roll my eyes again at her, this time more noticeable.

Was she trying to be scary, threatening or just plain stupid? I'll go with the last one. I snorted inwardly at that. Lord forgive me for my disrespect.

Just then, the utility prefect rang the bell, indicating first period. Senior Amara did not just like us today.

Teacher dearest lifted a brow as if asking what I was still doing there. I heaved a heavy sigh, stood up and made my way out of the classroom.

I was walking down the stairs and I saw the devil himself. Just kidding. It was Adekunle and his best friend, Timileyin. I had had slight conversations with Timileyin in the past, but nothing serious.

I slowed down my steps as I glared daggers at him, Adekunle I mean. He said something to his friend which were inaudible to me and almost immediately, Timilehin was walking up the stairs, sliding past me, muttering an 'excuse me milady' in the process. At least he had manners unlike his padi.

I turned back to Adekunle, my eye-daggers still intact while he had a very annoying smirk on his face. I had this urge to wipe it off. He was standing at the bottom of the stairs while I was just halfway through. I closed my eyes, heaved a sigh and opened them. I started moving down the stairs knowing I had to get past him, one way or another, even though I would have loved to go back upstairs, put my head on my locker and sleep. But I didn't want to see that woman's face so I'll have to bear this.

I got to where he was, his smirk still there while I put on a blank expression and stared at him.

"Move" I said, my voice monotone.

"No" he said simply and he's smirk even grew bigger if that was possible.

No be me and him today.

I thought and just then, I decided to act. I gathered momentum and using the little strength in my little body, pushed him out of the way and I was about to storm through the space I made when he held my wrist, instantly halting my tracks.

One, I was shocked at my strength. Never knew I had it in me. Two, this was the first time he was holding me like this. I felt some kind of electricity sizzle through my hand.

Okay what the hell was that?

"Oh feisty aren't we?" He said, still holding onto my wrist. I slit my eyes dangerously at him.

"Let. Go. Of. Me" I said, emphasizing each word slowly and as lethaly as I could make it. I pulled my arm away from his hold and stormed away from the block, not even looking back.

After I had gone a safe distance away from the block, walking through the flowered path and was hardly in view, I halted in my tracks.

What was that? Why did I feel that? I asked myself. I slowly lifted my wrist and touched it with my other hand. I shook my head and decided not to think too much about it. As a science student, I would blame it on friction.

I made my way towards the staff block. I climbed up the stairs and walked over to Senior Staff Room II. I knocked gently on the door and opened it, poking my head inside. The teachers there were engrossed in whatever it was they were talking about. Some on their phones, others sleeping. Pfft.

I slipped inside, trying not to make any sound and greeted the few teachers who bothered to looked my way. I moved towards where Mr Makinwa was seated, talking with the chemistry teacher, Mr Williams. I greeted them both and faced the maths teacher who had a smile on his face.

"Ehen how can I help you?" He asked looking at me.

"Sir you're having maths in our class now" I said, my voice sounding official.

"Which class?" He asked.

"Ss2 A sir" I said.

"Okay I'm coming. You can go. Tell your classmates to settle down" he said and started to fondle with some textbooks.

"Thank you sir" I said, bowing my head slightly and exited the staff room.

I rushed towards the senior block and I could hear faint noise coming from the building. Most likely my class and B class. Maybe even the entire block. I went up the stairs and straight to my class. Upon entering, I saw them all huddled around in their little cliques, laughing, gisting, taking selfies and whatnot.

I cleared my throat getting ready to address them. "Settle down o! The maths teacher is coming!" I said louder than my normal voice so they could all hear me. Thankfully they heard me and started murmuring while making their way to their seats.

I raked my eyes around the class and sighted Ayobami. She was already looking at me and she waved. I did the same and then signalled that I would talk to her later. She got the message and nodded and sat down on her seat, which was close to Kemi and Deinbofa.

My eyes kept on wandering around the class, my classmates scrambling to their seats and getting out their notes and pens, then I made locked eye contact with him. I immediately glared at him and he still had that stupid smirk on his. Did I mention he was in my class and sitting a seat away from my left? I didn't? Well he's in my class and sitting a seat away from my left!

I rolled my eyes and made my way towards my seat and saw Shatoni and Ava in a discussion that seemed so intent and looked like they couldn't care less if the building was on fire and they were in it cus of their discussion. Yeah that's how deep it looked. I stood in front of them and snapped my fingers in front of their faces, intending to cut off their discussion. It worked.

They looked up to me. "What's popping?" Ava asked.

"The teacher is coming" I said laughing at their obliviousness to their environment because of a discussion. Only God knows what they were talking about.

They scrambled to get their notes and I sat down on my locker also bringing out my own.

"Good morning sir" I heard my classmates gingerly greet him. I didn't bother standing up cus it would be a waste. The man never noticed who did and did not greet him.

"Good morning everyone. Settle down and bring out your maths notes" the afro haired man said, dropping his notes on the cubicle in the class and writing 'Maths' and then 'Scheme of Work' on the board with a red marker.

I kept my head on my palm, resting my elbow on the desk and sighed, rubbing my temple. I looked around in boredom and made eye contact with Adekunle, who had apparently been staring at me. He looked away with no expression on his face like he wasn't just stalking me few seconds ago.

I opened my locker and put one airpod in my ear, opening my boomplay and playing 'Bounce' by Ruger. I unconsciously looked to where Adekunle was and saw he was focused on the class. I just shrugged and looked to the board.

Meh.

A/N
Heyooooo
So I got kind of carried away😂 but here's the next chapter. I feel its boring but anyhow sha.

Our Rolake was really frustrated this morning and found everything annoying😞 tough luck b.

What do you think of the lead male character?

Mrs Onyemem nko😂💔?

Please vote, comment and share😇💕💖

Till the next chapter✌
🚶

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 27K 42
BEING A TEEN SERIES: THAT GUY (BOOK 1) Every single teenage girl fantasizes. And most times they fantasize about the same thing. About THAT GUY. TH...
50.2K 15.2K 37
BEING A TEEN SERIES: BIMBO (BOOK 4) That line, that fucked up imaginary line. I like you, you like Bose, Bose likes John, John likes Feyi, Feyi like...
11K 1K 50
Completed on the 12th of February 2022 β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’ "You must have mistaken me for someone else, I'm not l...