Miraculous Ladybug: Two Butte...

由 Another2dSimp

Having the other Butterfly Miraculous, you decided to move to Paris, France, and join Ladybug and Chat Noir i... 更多

Prologue
The Two Heroes
The New Girl
New Friends
Extra: Bacterium
A Poem For You
The Earring
Think Before You Speak
And Her Name Is...
Three Heroes?
The Guardian
Trust and Distrust
Black Dahlia
Not Gonna Hurt You
Attraction
Heroes in Crime
Free Food
Squisito
All In Your Head
Budding Friendship
A Miraculous Fairytale
A Heart That Wavers
The First Shoot
WonderGirl
Someone's Fault
The Family
Jinx
Miss Fortune
Lie-la
Secrets Revealed
A Sweet Lullaby

(Mis)Communication

15.8K 539 542
由 Another2dSimp

✦𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧✦

"It's very nice to meet you, dear," a lady with curly ginger hair, blue eyes and a pair of freckles on her face, gave you a kind smile.

"Thank you. It's nice to meet you both too, Mr. And Mrs. Miller," you smiled at the lady and the man who stood next to her. He has dark skin, dark brown eyes, plump lips with a short mustache lying on top of it, and short black curly hair. "Thanks for having me," you finished shaking their hands.

"Oh, why it's a pleasure! Our little Milly never brings any friends home anymore. We're happy to have you here."

"Mom!!" Amelia got flustered. She's a perfect mix of her father and mother. She has light skin, blue eyes and long brown curly hair. She currently has braces, which Aphrodite didn't have, and wears a pair of glasses. She's honestly very pretty even if she doesn't realize it.

"Honey, why don't we leave the girls have their fun now?" Mr. Miller said to his wife.

"D'aww, okay. I'll bring some snacks soon!" She grinned.

"Okay," Amelia said. "Thanks in advance," you waved before following Amelia to her room.

"Ugh, why are parents so embarrassing?" She rambled after closing the door.

"Haha," you lowly chuckled. 'I wouldn't know,' you thought and looked around her room. Her room was mostly teal and green, walls white and filled with some posters or picture frames. The top of her dresser was filled with gemstones: amethysts, a ruby, and others you couldn't identify. You honestly can't tell if they're real or not. She also had a lamp where some crystals hung from, they probably light up the room with beautiful, vibrant shades. Her room was pretty.

"I love your room," you complimented her.

"Thank you!"

You noticed some photos stuck on her mirror by her vanity table. It was of her and her boyfriend.

"Awe, how cute!" You smiled as you looked at them all.

"Haha, yeah..." She got a bit sheepish and turned away from you.

"So.." You had a smug look on your face. "How did this happen?" You asked about their relationship.

"I-I-It just happened!" She stuttered. "He asked me for help in English, because you know.. Our English teacher was really bad and my dad has been teaching me English ever since I could speak and he was failing really bad, so I agreed to tutor him in our free periods. We talked a bit, we became friends and..." she stopped mid-sentence.

"And?" You leaned in, growing more curious.

"And... In one of our sessions he.."

"Yeah? He what?!"

"He randomly kissed me!" She covered her face from embarrassment.

"Oh!" You were astonished. "Just like that or.."

"We were having a moment, I guess.. He immediately apologized after!"

"Haha, okay. That's good. He sounds nice," you smiled.

"He is!" She smiled back. "Though, after that, I literally froze and became a statue. It became awkward between us for a few days until we both confessed our feelings for each other."

"What a romantic story," Mrs. Miller came in with the snacks she promised.

"Mom!" Amelia exclaimed.

"Don't worry, don't worry. I'm not going to disturb you two," she chuckled.

"Thanks, Mrs. Miller," you looked at the snacks and drinks.

"No problem! I'll leave you girls alone now," she grinned and slowly closed the door. You and Amelia looked at each other in silence before randomly laughing together.

You helped yourselves with the snacks as Amelia showed you all her books from her bookshelf and things that have to do with mythology. She even taught you about new things you haven't heard before. After, you told her about your hometown, old school and friends. You showed her pictures on your phone and she showed great interest in your stories. Hanging with a friend feels really nice.

"Ah, I gotta to the bathroom. I'll be right back!" She got up and left.

You watched the old pictures on your phone and a bitter smile appeared on your face. You do miss them, a lot actually. You still keep in contact with your closed friends and see how others are doing thanks to social media. Though, still no one except your brother knew about your miraculous.

You were laughing at an old video and when laughing, something caught your eye. You looked at the posters on Amelia's wall and one in particular caught you by surprise. "Wh-"

"It's Mariposa!" Amelia exclaimed as she appeared next to you.

You were super startled, but calmed yourself immediately. "Y-Yeah! The new superhero? You.. have her poster?!" You tried to sound as natural as possible. 'There's a poster already?!'

"Mhm! I love her. You know I was akumatized, right? She really helped me out and gave me some solid advice that I'll never forget. I aspire to be as outspoken and confident as her," she stated proudly.

You watched her with widened eyes and a fake smile, only a disguise to you freaking out inside. "She gave you advice? And you remember? What- How? I thought people don't remember what happened when they were akumatized.."

"I don't know how either, but I'm glad. I actually haven't told anyone this, except you. Mariposa made me feel proud of who I am. Something I haven't felt in a long time, to be honest," she looked at you and shrugged.

"Oh, is this a secret between you and her? Why are you telling me?"

Amelia raised her brows in surprise by your question, then burst out laughing. "No, it's not a secret! Well- We are friends," she grinned.

"Friends?"

"Wow! I love your name, Amelia! And I'd love to be your friend, if you'll let me."

"No way! You're friends with a superhero?! I'm jealous," you put on an act to play along.

"She's nice. I'm sure she'd be your friend too."

"Wait.. Amelia, are you okay? Being akumatized- I can't imagine. It must have been so scary," you were genuinely concerned.

She looked up to the ceiling then went to sit on her bed. "You know, it was. All of a sudden, all the anger I felt was enhanced and I couldn't control it. I could have only followed the voice who guided me down the wrong path. Deep down, a part of me was trapped. I didn't want to hurt anyone, yet a huge part of me wanted to destroy everyone," she sighed. "I let my emotions get the best of me."

"No, you didn't. You were taken advantage of by a stranger, you were manipulated," you sat down next to her.

She looked at you and gave a small smile. "I know. When the real me was hidden away, it was her who found me, Mariposa. A light I never knew I needed. Unlike Hawk Moth, her calm voice soothed me and her sweet words awakened me."

"You sure you're not exaggerating?" You felt a bit nervous from all the sweet comments Mariposa was receiving.

She shook her head. "I want to thank her. I need to thank her. She's a superhero in so many different ways," she said with a straight face, showing how serious she was.

Your eyes welled up with tears ready to flow out by how touched you were. You brought her into an abrupt hug, squeezing her tight.

"Y/N?!"

"Truly.. It must have been so scary," you loosened your grip on her and hugged her gently now.

She was quiet for a bit until she lightly pat your back.

What you wanted to say was, "Thank you."

You waved goodbye to the Miller's as it was time to take your leave. They fed you dinner and you had a nice time hanging with Amelia. Definitely a hangout that brought the two of you closer.

The only thing left for the day was the meeting with Ladybug and Chat Noir.

"Hm~ Hm hm hm hmm~" Plagg was in the happiest of moods and have been humming to sweet tunes all day. Adrien has had enough of it and thought that his kwami was losing it.

"Plagg, what's wrong with you? Why are you singing and making me play love songs?!" He spun around in his chair by his computer to face Plagg.

"Oh, Adrien. You're too young to understand~"

"Understand what?!" Adrien crossed his arms.

"A kwami's heart!" He swooned in the air.

Adrien shook his head and spun back around to his computer. "You're being so weird today, Plagg," he sighed.

Plagg went by his desk to see what he was doing. "Aren't you grounded?"

"It's for school," he turned off the computer.

"Uh-huhhh," Plagg was skeptical, but chose to ignore it. "Shouldn't you be getting ready for the meeting?"

"Huh? Oh-- Oh, yeah!" He jumped off his chair. "Oh.." He remembered what the meeting was for and all his energy drained.

"What's wrong, Adrien?" Plagg got a bit worried.

"I'm not looking forward to this meeting, Plagg. I have a bad feeling about this," Adrien looked up at the ceiling.

● ● ●

This time, instead of being last, you were the first one there. You were a bit angsty because this meeting can either go very well or very wrong, and you don't want the latter.

"Hey."

You looked back and saw Chat Noir as he walked towards you.

"Oh, hey," you replied back.

Things were a little awkward between the two of you. You did kind of came for him for always doing as Ladybug says and you didn't get to finish the argument since the victims of Squisito came to take you both away.

"So, about yesterday.."

"Yeah, I'm sorry for snapping at you. I shouldn't have done that," you apologized.

"Oh, no, it isn't that!" He said, which now caught your attention.

"Then?" You watched him, eager for an reply.

"About me calling you beautiful.. It was just me teasing you! Remember when we were talking about your power and how Aphrodite's ability had no effect on you and I said you were basically immune? In which you said that I was calling you beautiful? I was joking about that," he explained. You listened and eventually understood what he meant.

"Ah..." You lifted your head when you realized. "Then, we're good?" You asked.

"Of course. You know my love for Ladybug is everlasting!" He stated proudly.

"And the hopelessly in love little kitten strikes again," you remarked.

"Kit-"

"Am I interrupting something?" Ladybug just landed.

"M'Lady!"

"Just Chat Noir professing his love for you," you told her. It was the truth.

"I wasn't!" He lied, waving his arms in the air frantically.

"Now the meeting can finally begin, huh?" You folded your arms.

Suddenly, the air grew thick. It seems like everyone knew that things were about to get serious.

"Right," Ladybug confirmed.

"There's another superhero who appeared recently. She calls herself Mariposa."

"What?" Master Fu was taken by great surprise.

"She claims to have the Butterfly Miraculous, a different one. Apparently, Nooroo has a twin?"

Master Fu's eyes widened and he looked down in thought.

"Master?" Marinette got worried, fearing that all her doubts were coming true.

"That's wonderful news! So the other Butterfly Miraculous has been found? And she's a superhero? This is great!" He smiled widely.

"It-" She blinked. "It is?"

"Of course! The power of Attraction is very powerful. If someone is using it for good and is trying to take down Hawk Moth, then the odds are in our favor!" He was clearly in a good mood. "I would like to meet this Mariposa."

"But-" She tried to gather her thoughts. "But, Master- Can we really trust her? What if she's a fake?"

"Did she say how she found the miraculous?"

"She said she found it at a pawn shop."

"Ha! Hahahahaha!" He was laughing. "At a pawn shop? Oh boy," he wiped a tear from his eye.

"Shouldn't the miraculous be in a box like yours? With a guardian?" She didn't see what was so funny.

"Yes, it should. But, that's a different story. How long has it been since Mariposa showed up? What else did she say?" He asked.

"She wants to help us defeat Hawk Moth so she can save Nooroo and reunite the kwamis. She appeared last week on Friday. We don't know her real identity."

"Mm. Marinette, I sense a feeling of doubt coming from you. You don't trust this new superhero, because you don't really know her, right? Someone once betrayed you and you're scared of being lied to again?"

Marinette didn't answer as she didn't know what to say.

"How about you and Chat Noir have a talk with Mariposa to somehow ease your doubts?"

"About Squisito remembering-"

"Why didn't you use your power?!" Ladybug blurted out, cutting you off.

"Sorry?" You didn't quite catch on.

"Yesterday, in the auditorium. Why didn't you use your Enchantment on the victims or Squisito?"

You slowly blinked, trying to not catch an attitude with her. "Firstly, you just interrupted me. Secondly, why would I do that?" You failed at holding your tongue.

"You could have dispelled their brainwashing or could have made Squisito easily give us his weapon, but you chose to be held captive instead," she glared at you.

"So, you wanted me to take control of their minds and mess with it? Would you want me to do that to you?" You took offense.

"No. You could have saved everyone the trouble of eating so much. There are hundreds of people in the hospital right now because of their upset stomachs!"

"I thought his food had no affect?" Chat Noir didn't know of this aftermath.

"Are you saying it's my fault?!" You put your hands on your hips, a common habit of yours.

"Of course not. But had you have used your special power, all of that could have been avoided, or less people would have been affected!"

"Listen, Ladybug. I don't think you understand the heavy responsibility my power holds. These people are human beings just like us who have free will. You're asking me to take that from them."

"I'm asking you to save them," she retorted and you both were left glaring at each other.

Chat Noir watched you both and didn't know what to do or say. He knew something bad would have happened in the meeting and didn't want to choose sides. "Hey, why don't we all just take a breather for a sec, yeah?" He tried to ease the mood.

"Nah, I'll say what I have to say if I'm not being respected. Ladybug, yesterday, you took it upon yourself to take charge and make all the decisions. I never agreed to that. You say and do whatever you want and expect us to follow you. Were you always the leader or something? I thought you two had a partnership, not one is the boss and the other is the sidekick," you raised your brow under your mask while their eyes widened. "Honestly, I came here to try and clear any misunderstandings between us and talk about important matters, but other than not trusting me, I'm beginning to think that you simply don't like me. Care to explain why?" You shot daggers at her.

"I-" She was speechless.

"Hey! Don't you think you're being too harsh?-"

"No, I don't. I'm right. Seek me when you want to have a real conversation. I'm out of here," you turned around and waved with your right hand before flying away.

"Mariposa!!" Chat Noir cried out, but you had no intention of staying there and trying to make amends at the moment. "She's really leaving," he commented and looked at Ladybug, whose head was faced downwards.

"Let her go."

"Pardon?" Chat Noir's ears hung down.

"Chat, you agree with me, right? Our battles could end much faster if she just used her power on the villains. Isn't that a little bit suspicious? She also doesn't appear on some days during an akuma attack," She tried to persuade him.

Chat Noir watched her in surprise and sighed. "If she controls them, then what difference does it make between her and Hawk Moth?"

"She'd be doing it for the good. I don't see the problem."

"I don't think you're listening to her and I didn't know you had a problem with her. When were you going to tell me that you don't trust her, Ladybug?"

"Are you on her side? You two seemed to have gotten close."

"Wh- I'm not on anyone's side! We did become friends, but that doesn't mean anything. I'm just trying to make you see from her point of view. If anything, she should be the one not trusting you."

"Huh? What do you mean by that?"

"The guardian."

"Chat, wait- Are you still upset over that? I said I was sorry! You know I couldn't-"

"No, I've forgiven you for that. But, you lied to Mariposa when she asked if we had a guardian. Remember?"

"Then, do you know who gave you guys your miraculouses? I know that there are guardians," you said.

"Um..." Ladybug looked unsure.

"What's a guardian?" Chat Noir asked.

"I didn't lie! I didn't say anything. That was when I was keeping it a secret from you also," she defended herself.

"Yes, but I know now, and you still haven't told her about our master," he crossed his arms, shaming her.

"I was going to, before.."

"Before you yelled and attacked her?" He raised his brow.

She realized he was right and reflected on her actions for a few seconds. "I- Chat, I'm-"

"I'm not the one you should be apologizing to."

"You're right. I'll apologize to her whenever I get the chance. Thank you, Chat Noir," she gave him a small smile, which he returned.

"You're welcome, m'lady! It's mice to see that even you aren't perfect," he chuckled and she watched him with a straight face, not finding the humor at all.

"That's the worst pun you ever came up with," she said bluntly.

"Really? I thought of it on the-"

"AHHHHHH!!!"

Ladybug and Chat Noir tensed up at the random scream they just heard. But, this scream was quite familiar. They quickly moved and followed the direction in which the scream came from.

You stood there, as your normal self, trembling in cold sweat.

"Y/- Uh.." he coughed. "The girl from the alley! It's good to see you. I've been meaning to find you again," he grinned.

"What?" Ladybug was confused.

"Oh- We're friends!" He told her.

"How many more secret friends of yours do you have?" Ladybug asked him.

"I have a life too, you know!" He exclaimed.

Ladybug looked at you and saw how frightened you were.

"Are you okay?" She walked towards you and you flinched.

"Quick question.." You watched them, still a bit shaken up. "Does Paris also have ghosts that I never heard about or..?"

"Ghosts?" Ladybug looked at Chat Noir.

"There's no such thing," Chat Noir shrugged.

"Oh, but that was some thing though," you said trying to get your mind around it.

"What did you see?" Ladybug asked.

"I.." You watched her and remembered how upset you still are with her. You were just ranting to Flutter about the meeting before that strange occurrence happened. You looked at Chat Noir instead to explain what happened. "I was trying to take a shortcut back to my apartment building, when suddenly the lights from the lampposts went out. Then, they started flickering and I heard this sinister laugh and-" You got the jitters for a bit by just remembering what happened. "Then there was someone behind me. THERE WAS SOMEONE BEHIND ME AND I'M NOT JOKING! HE LITERALLY WHISPERED 'Boo' IN MY EARS!"

"AAAAAHHH!!"

More screams started to swarm in the air and your phone buzzed from your pocket, making you take it out. Rose texted the groupchat again, telling you to check the news, and sent a screenshot from a recently written article.

"I knew it!" You showed the screenshot to the heroes.

"Sudden reports of ghosts and poltergeists?" Chat Noir read.

"Is Paris haunted?" Ladybug read.

"I'm going HOME. I'm calling my brother, so he can pick me up right now," you said, taking your phone back.

"But, it can't be," Chat Noir looked at Ladybug.

"Has there been any akumatization today?" She asked and they stood there in silence.

"So, it can be," Chat Noir was in awe.

"We have to find this ghost," Ladybug said.

"Good luck with that, you two! Rooting for y'all," you searched for your brother's contact.

"What about Mariposa?" Chat Noir asked Ladybug, which caught your attention.

"She's probably gone by now. She won't help anyway since she's mad at me. We're gonna have to fight on our own. Let's go."

Chat Noir nodded then glanced at you.

"Get home safe, okay?" He said to you.

"Hopefully, I will," you joked, but was dead serious.

After, he and Ladybug took off and left you there, Flutter came from behind a lamppost and was trembling.

"Ooooh... G-G-Ghosts..." She stuttered.

"You heard them, someone's been akumatized. It's a good thing you went for your blanket otherwise we'd have been caught."

In your bag, there's a little area where Flutter can rest in. She has a mini pillow and blanket of which she held when she came out of your bag to rant too. She had more to say about Ladybug than you. No one was around, since it was quite late. You were mostly telling Flutter how you felt on the matter before her blanket got caught in the wind.

"Still! Ghosts!!!" She shivered again.

"I know!" You agreed. "Remember that one show with a boy who could turn into a ghost? This villain can probably turn invisible and phase through things and if that's the case then Ladybug and Chat Noir better.."

"Better what? We're letting them handle the situation, right?"

"-better watch their backs.. Flutter.."

"No."

"If this villain can turn invisible and phase through anything-"

"NO."

"Then that means he can easily slip by them and take their miraculouses! We gotta-"

"I said, NO! After what she did? Didn't she once say that she always finds a way to save the day? They'll be fine. Call Nathan," she looked at your phone.

"No, Flutter. You know we can't turn a blind eye to this situation," you pouted at her, to make her give in even more.

"Ughhhhhhh." She looked away from you. "Ughhhhhhhh," she rolled her eyes. "Fine. But I wanna hear a 'Thank you' and a 'Sorry' out of her mouth."

"You and me both."

You looked for an empty area to transform and were on your way to finding the two heroes.

· ꕥ ·

Ladybug and Chat Noir were searching for their villain. They were heading to the location the villain last tormented, it was the only lead they had.

"How are we going to find him, if we can't see him, m'lady?" Chat Noir questioned as they jumped from roof to roof.

"I don't know, but we'll figure it out once we're there," she answered as they reached their destination.

They examined the area and went to the victims, who were all shaken up.

"L-Ladybug," a lady walked to her.

"Are you and everyone else okay?" She asked the lady with great concern showing on her face.

"W-we're alright, but a ghost.." The lady turned pale.

"Don't worry, it's not a ghost. It's just someone who's been akumatized who's acting like a ghost," Ladybug explained.

"Yeah. A not so fun-spirited person," Chat Noir said, making Ladybug shake her head.

"So they're not here anymore?" She asked the lady.

"No! He left like 5 minutes ago after taunting us."

"Did his voice sound familiar?" Chat Noir asked.

"Not at-"

"I know who it is!" A little girl, holding a bunny plushy, exclaimed and they looked at her as she came to them. Her dark hair was plaited in one and she wore a cute pair of cow-printed pj's and bunny slippers. Everyone in the neighborhood were in their sleepwear.

"He's the ghost hunter from Let's catch a ghost!" The little girl grinned.

"Oh! I know that show," Chat Noir realized.

"Eloise.. How do you know that?" The lady looked down at the little girl, who seems to be her daughter. They look alike.

"Me and Tommy watch him all the time!" She giggled.

"Thomas!" The lady glared at her firstborn from afar who flinched.

"Eloise, do you know what his last episode was about or where?" Ladybug asked.

"Wellllll, today he was exposed of being a fraud," she put her finger on her bottom lip as she looked up in thought. "So, his show was cancelled!"

"And that's why he got akumatized," Chat Noir concluded.

"I don't remember where he was going to next, but my brother does!" She pointed at Thomas.

"Thomas, come here!" His mother, the lady, demanded.

The 10-year-old boy slowly made his way to the group and hung his head low in shame of letting his 6-year-old little sister watch something they weren't allowed to.

"Y-Yes?" He stuttered.

"Do you know where Tristan was going to next?" Chat Noir asked. Tristan was the name of the ghost hunter.

"W-With all due respect, Chat Noir, s-sir," he was very nervous. "I think he's going to XPO Magazine Company instead, since they were the ones who exposed him. The liar," he mumbled the last part.

Ladybug's eyes widened and was shocked of her not even thinking of that first. "Thank you, Thomas," she said and looked at Chat Noir who nodded.

"You've all been a great help. We'll catch this ParanorMAN and end this haunting once and for all," Chat Noir boldly stated.

"ParanorMAN? We're naming villains now?" Ladybug raised her brow from under her mask.

"Why not?" He shrugged with a cheeky grin on his face.

Ladybug shook her head and looked back at the others. "We're off no-"

"Ladybug!" Eloise interrupted her.

"Y-yes?" She was surprised.

"Where's Mariposa?" The little girl tilted her head with an innocent smile making its way to her cheeks.

"Oh.. Uh.."

"I'm right here!"

Ladybug and Chat Noir turned around and looked at you in utter shock. Eloise gasped and ran to you.

"It's really you!!" She dropped her plushy and wrapped her arms around your legs.

"Hello!" You smiled at her.

She giggled and looked up at your wings. "Your wings are so pretty!" She was in awe.

"Oh yeah?" You leaned forward and picked her up. "Want a closer look?"

"Wooowwww!!!" Her eyes sparkled and she touched your left wing.

Ladybug and Chat Noir were still watching you. Ladybug was still surprised to see you there. She didn't expect you to show up at all after the altercation. Chat Noir, however, was very happy to see you.

"Sorry, I'm late," you said, putting Eloise back down. "Shall we get going?"

The three of you left and you followed them in silence.

"I didn't think you'd show up," Ladybug said as you flew behind them while they were running.

"These innocent people aren't part of our arguments. They shouldn't have to face any consequences of our fights," you frowned, saying your honest opinion.

Ladybug glanced at you before looking straight back ahead. "Agreed."

"Whew! Now that we're all on the same page. We're here," Chat Noir stopped running, with the two of you doing the same. You all watched the building with a big XPO sign on it. The lights were flickering, getting dimmer and dimmer till the lights finally went out. A sudden breeze came and the mood started getting dark. The three heroes all felt an eerie feeling emerging.

"Hey, about this villain-"

"ParanorMAN," Chat Noir interrupted you.

"What? Yeah. Anyways, this villain is likely able to phase through things, so my power won't be of any use here. I honestly don't know how I can help you on this one. I just wanted to warn you guys."

"Warn us?" Ladybug scowled.

"Yes. As I said, the vi- ParanorMAN must be able to phase through things whenever he pleases. If that's the case, then your miraculouses are in grave danger."

"What do you mean?" Chat Noir's ears flew up.

Ladybug listened and realized what you meant. "It means that he could be right near us and we wouldn't know it. He could easily steal our miraculouses," she explained and Chat Noir gasped. "We have to be extremely careful," Ladybug got serious.

"My miraculous are my wings itself so he wouldn't be able to take it from me. But still.. How can we fight someone we can't even see?" You asked, pouting your lips.

"Shall we get some holy water?" He pointed backwards with his thumb.

"I- From where would you get that?" You lightly chuckled, but weren't sure if he was joking or not. "Wait- Do you think we're wrong.. What if Paris really is ha-hau- ha-hau-"

"There's no way!" Chat Noir laughed. "Why? Are you scared of ghosts?" He got curious.

"I'm scared of the unknown!" You corrected him.

"You don't know what's out there," you held yourself, shaking a little.

Chat Noir was shocked. "I didn't think you were scared of anything with how bold you are," he said.

"What? Nonsense. Even a butterfly has its fears."

"Don't worry, Mari. I'll protect you," he put his hand on his chest and smirked while talking about being your personal black knight.

"Really?" You smirked back and put your arms back down besides you as you walked towards him. "What if you're the one who needs protecting?" You flew up a little to be taller, holding your hands behind your back, and looked down at him as he was being taken aback. Your eyes were locked on each other and you were rather very close to him. Somehow, you were beginning to feel drawn to him until..

"I got it."

You both blinked and looked at Ladybug, who was busy thinking about something the whole time. You put your feet back on the ground, moved from Chat Noir and waited for her to explain.

"We're going to go in there and make him show himself to us. He shouldn't be able to stay invisible for too long anyway. When that time comes, we have to hit him immediately," she said looked at Chat Noir at the last part.

"And how do we make him show himself?" You asked.

"Why that's where you come in, Mariposa," she said, making you raise your brow under your mask. "You have really good manipulating skills."

"Um- I wouldn't say mani-"

"You're gonna use that on our adversary. Then we'll quickly take him down and capture the akuma."

"..." You understood what she meant and thought about it. "But I don't even know this guy."

"He's a guy who goes ghost hunting on a show called Let's catch a ghost! His name is Tristan. Today he was called out on being a fraud by this magazine company," Chat Noir explicated.

"Say less," you now understood.

"Okay, let's go!" Ladybug had a firm smile.

"YEA-" You stopped your enthusiasm one time and cleared your throat. "Yeah, let's be on your way now," you flew from the roof before they could even utter a word.

You all landed and the door opened by itself which made you flinch. Ladybug took the first step inside and you went after her, so you could be in the middle. It felt safer that way.

"It's so dark.. I can barely see anything," you commented.

"Really? I can see just fine," Chat Noir said.

"You must have a better sense of sight," Ladybug assumed.

"Really? Then I'll lead the way," he went up front and you held him back by his hand.

"D-Don't go too far. Your suit is dark, so it'll be harder to see where you're going," you told him.

"Mariposa, actually, I think you can help us with that," Ladybug noted and you looked back at her. "Didn't your wings light up before?'

"Huh?"

"Oh yeah! When she did her enchantment her wings were glowing and sparkling," Chat Noir added.

"You don't have to use your power to control anyone, but be like our flashlight," Ladybug tried to persuade you.

"A flashlight??? Girl.. I'm wayyyy better than a flashlight," you took a few steps back from them. "Enchantment."

Your skill was activated and your wings grew larger once again. As expected, your wings shone and glimmered as they did the first time. They colorfully shimmered and the glitters that fell off your wings proceeded to fill the air and brightened the room.

What wasn't expected however...

"AHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

..was dead bodies laying on the floor, alive dead bodies to be exact.

You screamed at the top of your lungs. Ladybug had only gasped and Chat Noir jolted.

"Z-Zombies?!" The unruly sight of them was enough to make you want to turn back. As soon as you spoke, either their head, fingers or feet twitched. You were scared silly. You were about to fly in the air when a hand grabbed your foot, keeping you on ground. "NO! GET IT OFF! GET IT OFF! GET IT OFF!" You still tried to fly in the air while the hand of a zombie pulled you down. Chat Noir swung his staff and hit the zombies arm, making it lose its grip, letting you go free. Only then were you flying above them. By doing this, you also lit up more of the room with your wings. It looked like a haunted house, well building.

"This can't be real," Chat Noir looked around. There were cobwebs and the place looked old and abandoned.

"He just entered here. Ignore the zombies. Let's go catch a ghost," Ladybug watched you guys with a firm expression.

"That's exactly what he says!!" Chat Noir pointed out.

"Chat..." Ladybug couldn't be bothered.

"Sorry," he chuckled.

"Yeah, I'll just stay up here and follow you guys," you said. And that's precisely what you did.

"But how will we know which floor he's on?" Chat Noir questioned.

Just then, you all heard a loud shriek made by a woman.

"That's how," Ladybug started running up the stairs. Just by the sight of the elevator, you all knew it wouldn't work. You were faster since you were going by flight. There were more zombies, but ones that were walking.

The lady's voice was still there, ringing, but was getting fainter. Thankfully, you all reached the area in time. The woman was so spooked for reason unknown and was walking backwards in fright that she didn't notice that a big glass, shattered window was behind her.

Ladybug flung her yo-yo forward and wrapped it around the lady's waist, pulling her forward. She screamed and trembled, not knowing what was happening. You looked at the walls and saw that blood was dripping from it. It took you by surprise and you went back to the floor.

"It's okay," Ladybug removed the yo-yo from her waist and approached the woman.

"You're safe now, ma'am," Chat Noir said to her.

"I-I am? B-but, he's still here," she stuttered.

"What do you mean?" Ladybug asked her and Chat Noir sensed something. He pushed Ladybug towards the wall, shocking you all.

"Chat!!" You exclaimed.

Ladybug groaned and slowly moved from the wall.

"I-I'm sorry, Ladybug. I sensed something.." He felt bad for hurting her.

"Tsk."

Chat Noir's senses were indeed correct. The villain was just about to take Ladybug's earrings from her before Chat Noir got in the way. He then appeared behind the woman, but of course was invisible.

"You'll pay," he whispered in her ear.

"Ahhh! I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" The lady crouched down, holding her head.

You all looked at her, confused by her sudden behavior.

"Miss?" You stooped down next to her to give her some comfort. The villain was long gone from her.

Chat Noir senses were going through the roof as he stood there trying to clear his mind.

"Don't worry, we will protect you. Tell me, what's making you so afraid?" You asked her in a soothing tone.

"H-He's come after me f-for.. revenge."

៚ ⋯⋯⋯ ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ⋯⋯⋯⋯ ༄

A/N: YOUR KIND COMMENTS LITERALLY MAKE MY DAY EVERYTIME I READ THEM. I either get very happy or laugh. I'm sorry I take so long to update, part of the reason is because the last two villains, Squisito and this one, weren't on my lists so it wasn't planned and that's why it took longer. But I'm gonna stick to my list from now on.

How do you like the longer chapters though? How long does it take you guys to read? I read so slow I swear, it took me almost two hours to proof read the Squisito chapter alone T.T But I think these long chapters take 30 minutes for you to read now instead 8-15 minutes?

Whenever you see me update a previous chapter, it's only because I notice a typo so I have the urge to fix it, nothing changes other than the spelling or grammar error.

I'm glad to see you all enjoying the story though! It's much easier to right a chapter with 2k-3k words but after finding out that that you can make up to 200 chapters.. I don't know if that word limit would be enough to write everything :/ Yet I still don't want to take long to update, making you all forget what's happened up till now. Right now, I've been updating once per month, but I'm gonna see if I'll be able to change that to once every two weeks, so twice per month. LOL you should see me writing during my classes whenever I get the chance to. I'm dedicated to writing this story, I kid you not :)

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

76.3K 4.1K 47
When an akumatized victim begins to attack Marinette with the supervision of Hawkmoth, Chat Noir attempts at being her protector. Due to a distracti...
234K 4.8K 33
[UNDER EDITING]Marinette and Adrien take on Hawkmoth in the final battle, overcoming challenges Ladybug never thought she'd face again... including C...
8.4K 155 9
Moving to Paris, (Y/n) finds herself an unexpected turn of events. She never thought she would befriend the famous hero Chat Noir and helping him and...
387K 12.7K 38
Three years ago, Ladybug and Chat Noir defeated Hawk Moth--or so they thought. After getting her heart broken by Adrien, Marinette leaves Paris to go...