Cabin boy, Jim Hawkins x read...

By CedricDiggorysthot

**NEEDS MAJOR EDITING, CHANGING SOME PLOTS I ORIGINALLY HAD. Chapters that are actually numbered (besides pro... More

Prolouge
1. Billy bones
2. Treasure planet?!
3. RLS legacy
4. John Silver
5. Bright eyes and bad breath
Feelings (semi edited)
7. Supernova
9. Betrayal
10. B.E.N
11. Our Map
Scroops end
Treasure planet
(Semi edited) Before I do anything
Forgiveness, goodbyes and hellos
A fresh start

8. Lots of talks

2.1K 53 17
By CedricDiggorysthot

Silver walked up from behind Y/N who was sitting in the galley.
"It'll be all better soon N/N"

"I hope so" She responded sadly. "This would be taking such a toll on him"

"I was taking about more about ye bruises, but that to I guess" Silver smirked. He took a seat by Y/N who rolled her eyes.
"You care a lot for that boy" he spoke more seriously now.

"More than anything" Y/N sighed, turning up to face Silver. "I care for him so much that it actually hurts, I wish there was more I could do to make him happy.." Y/N spoke passionately, desperation filled her eyes before she quickly snapped out of it. "But don't tell him that! I'm not lovesick, he's my friend and I want him to know he can rely on me"

"I never said you were lass"

"Sorry, everyone always assumes"

"Aye" Silver spoke softly, like he understood. "But I thinks recently you've grown a little somthin' for Jimbo"

Y/N groaned dramatically and let her head fall on the table.
"Don' lie lass, you know it to"

"Im not having this conversation with you" She stated firmly. Standing up from her seat.

"Sit" Silver order boredly, Y/N groaned but obliged anyway.

"It's weird" she sighed.

"Go on"

"It feels... different, like now I am aware that we're friends?" Y/N offered with a head tilt. "Kind of like when a kid gains consciousness for the first time, Expect I gained consciousness that I'm friends with Jim?"

Silver nodded.

"It's like- it doesn't feel forced but more like I have to think about it now. Before, I could slap Jim on the arm if he was being dumb, but if I wanted to do that now I'd think before I do it, like, 'Nows an excuse to touch Jim, even if it's just his shoulder' typa thing. And I think he feels the exact same way because I notice he hesitates more as well. And I hate it because what happened to just casually being friends?"

Y/N had her hands reached out, but after Silver still didn't speak she spoke quickly once again. "I'm just rambling. Nothing will ever happen between me and Jim, just something feels.. different"

Silver shook his head with a stupid chuckle before slapping Y/N on the back, kind of like he was saying 'good luck with you'
"Whatever you say lass, c'mon"

He walked off with Y/N following, on their way to now talk with Jim.

—————————-

"I don't know if I should go. Jim hardly ever tells me what's going on with him and I hate it so much." Y/N pouted as they walked.

"Well do you tell him yer troubles?"

"I brush the surface" Y/N replied, causing Silver to chuckle. Y/N looked at him confusedly.

"If ye don't tell em' yours, why'd you expect him to tell ya?"

"Because I would give up anything to help him, I don't want to burden him with mine"

"Well maybe he feels t'e same way"

Y/N didn't reply.

They finally made it to Jim who was sitting on some shrouds, sitting sulkily.

"Jim?" Y/N called softly after silver nodded to her, but he only turned further away.

"It wasn't yer fault y'know" Stated silver resting his hand on the ledge of the ship. Jim sighed while he played with the bit of rope.
"Why, half the crew would have been spinning in that black abyss-"

Jim threw the rope angrily, "look don't you get it!" He jumped down facing silver and Y/N.

Y/N jumped back a little due to the sudden movement.

"I screwed up! I'm here for two seconds, and I thought that maybe I- could do something right" he cried tiredly before walking off again
"Aagh! I just- forget it. Forget it" he mumbled running his hand threw his hair.

"No" Y/N said strictly as she shook her head. "Don't do that, don't brush it off" Jim still sulked.
"Mr Arrow was a bulky guy, literally made of rocks.  Kind of surprised it didn't happen sooner-"

"You don't need to make excuses for me." He snapped. "I. screwed. up."

"No. You. Didn't" Y/N crossly crossed her arms.

Silver grabbed on his shoulder and pulled Jim around to face him. Y/N let go of him and stood beside silver.
"Now you listen to me James Hawkins! You to Y/N, You got the makings of greatness in yer, both of yer do, But you got to take the helm and chart your own course"

Jim listened to him with tears fighting to come out and Y/N Just smile fondly, looking between Jim and Silver.

"Stick to it! No matter the squalls, and when the time comes, you get the chance to really gets the sails and show what your made of, Well, I hope I'm there catching some of the light com'n off yous that day" silver closed his eyes imaging the scene.pretending to soak in the imaginary light.

Jim was obviously touched by his words and leaned his head into his stomach, sniffling. And suddenly.  Y/N felt out of place, not that she wasn't happy for him, but she didn't know If she should leave or just continue to stand There.

Silver hesitantly pat Jim on the back, also reaching out his hand to place it upon Y/Ns shoulder firmly.
"Ahh that's alright, Jimbo, lassie" he said as he held them both.
"It's alright.."

"Now, kiddos I uh, I best be getting about my watch" he said pushing Jim off and taking the hand off Y/N.
"And yous best be getting some shut eye!" He pushed Y/N away towards where the hammocks were, Y/N rolled her eyes playfully at him.

She was about to walk down but realised Jim wasn't T her side, she turned back to them.
"Are you coming?" She asked him.

"Uh, yeah-"

"Hang on Jimbo, I hav' more I need to say to you" Silver interrupted him, placing a rough hand on his shoulder.

"Oki doke." Y/N said cheerfully, making Jim scoff a laugh before she turned back around and walked down.

Once she was out of sight Jim turned to Silver. "What."

"Don' give me tha' attitude" Silver scolded, mockingly pointing his finger.
"So, what's the updates on you and lassie?"

Jim just looked at him before Morph laughed and snuggled into his face As Y/N, Jim grunted, shaking him off with a glare. "Knock it off."

"You don't know what you're on about" Jim replied to Silver, still waving morph off.

"Oh drop it." Silver rolled his eyes with the wave of his hand. "Those sneaky glances you give her don't go past me!"

Jim scoffed and rolled his eyes, looking to the side. "Your eyes are going."

"I know what I saw Jimbo"

"Why do you care so much anyway?"
Jim spat, looking up at silver with a frustrated glare.

"I just don't want you throwing an opportunity away, that's all."

Jim rolled his eyes. "I'm just now understanding how important these relationships around me really are."
Silver took this as Jim trying to convince himself.
"And I know Y/N is someone I want to have with me for the rest of my life."

"She basically said the same thing! Isn't that funny?"

Jim did a double take
"What- what did she say!?" He demanded.

Silver sighed again, annoyed having to spell it out.
"Me thinks you like her, and I'll let you in on a little secret-" He hunched her, covering his mouth around Jim's ear "-she likes ye back"

Jim shook his head no, "gross."
But his heart liked what he was hearing since it seemed to start beating faster. "Yeah, whatever you say Silver" he replied with a playful roll of his eye.

"Off to bed with ya now! Shoo!"

Jim continued to chucked to himself as he walked away, looking back at silver with a small smile.

Silver waved him off sheepishly.

——————————

Jim ended up finding Y/N in the galley, apparently she wasn't tired and honestly he wasn't either.

So they stayed up.
Mainly they talked about fond memories they had back from when they were younger, but soon grew bored. So Y/N wrapped a piece of cloth around his eyes and ran out, giggling to herself uncontrollably.

It didn't take Jim long to guess what she was doing, he chuckled under his breath as he ran out from the Galley.
He and Y/N had learnt the Ship by now, so he wasn't to afraid of tripping over anything blindly.

It was a game they had always played when they were younger.
They called it the blind game.

Basically, it was kind of like hide and seek except the 'seeker' couldn't see and the hider didn't have to stay in a hiding place. They were allowed to run around, it was better that way cause it would make the chase more fun when the seeker could hear you, but not see.

Eventually they were forced to stop playing as once when Y/N was seeker, she heard Jim to her left and ran right for him.

But of course Jim had moved so Instead she ran right into a small table, pushing it into the wall, causing the table to punch a hole through it.

They managed to hide it for a whole two months, by pushing one of the arm chairs right up against the wall, giving the small area a little bit of rearranging.

Until one day M/N decided to deep clean the house which included washing the walls.

Then they were banned.

But what made this game more fun was when they would play in the dark, incorporating another favourite game of theirs, murder in the dark.

And that's what they were doing right now. It was midnight, everyone was asleep and luckily there was no windows on deck. So it seemed like the perfect opportunity.

Y/N swung her legs over a barrel and she watched Jim roam around the deck stupidly, his arms outstretched as if Y/N would be dumb enough to stand next to him.

"C'mon Y/N! Give me something!" He called in between laughs.

Y/N kicked back on the barrel, Jim snapping towards her direction.

Grinning, Jim ran right over.

Feeling bold, Y/N didn't not move from her place until Jim was just seconds from grabbing her.
She quickly jumped off the barrel causing Jim lunged over it, falling over as she was no longer there.

He did grasp her shirt though, but just as fast it slipped out of his fingers.
He grunted as Y/N laughed from behind him.

"You're so annoying" he grinned. Standing back up and reaching out for her again.
He swung to his side, hearing Y/Ns laugh from there. But she had dodged it again.

She ran off towards the other side of the deck now, hiding alongside the stairs that would take you onto the upper deck.

Jim ran after her footsteps.
He walked dangerously close to where Y/N stood, She held her breath and sucked in her stomach as Jim was only inches away.

She silently breathed out once he passed, only just missing her.

She quietly walked around the deck now, hiding in different spots and creating different noises for Jim to hear.

Jim started to walked softly now, carful not to miss any potential sounds of Y/N walking by his own footsteps.

He then heard a thud.
His head twitched towards the sound, he stalked quietly over.
The thud was filled by a small scurry, He grinned now, legging the way over to the sound.

As he got closer to the sound, he lunged.

"STOP!" Y/N shrieked, running up to Jim from behind, grabbing the back of his collar and pulling him back in towards the deck.

He had almost lunged over the ledge.

They were both breathing heavy now, Y/N had fallen one her hands and knees as she tried to catch her breath, Jim fell on his ass right next to her, the blindfold still on.

"Maybe we should stop playing" Y/N grinned nervously, gaining up towards him. "You almost died- AH"

Jim had thrown himself on top of her, managing to find her wrists and pin them down onto the deck.
"Got you!" He cheerfully laughed, before climbing off of her and pulling off the blindfold.

"That doesn't count, I had to save you" Y/N huffed stubbornly.

"You're just sore you lost" Jim said with a smirk, standing up and offering her his hand.
"But I agree. Let's stop now that we know we could potentially kill ourselves"

Y/N laughed as she took his hand and lifted herself up. "That'd be such a stupid way to die, falling off the ship because we thought it be fun to tie fabric around our eyes. Imagine if our mums heard that, they'd lose their shit"

Jim chuckled as he rubbed his neck. "Let's get back to the galley, I need some water after that"

———

Y/N was practically dead now.

Jim had turned the fire on from under where a pot would usually hang, just so they could be warm as they continued to stay up.

But they both sank down before it and just enjoyed the heat, making them sleepy and drained.

Until the fire was about dead, where only small bits of faded orange still lurked through the ashes did Jim wake up.

Y/N was laying opposite him, using her hands as a pillow.

He rubbed his face as he stood up, ready to sleep on something soft rather than the cold hard wood.

He didn't want to disturb Y/N to much so as gently as he could he leaned down and placed his hand around her back and under her arms, lifting her up as she stirred.

Her eyes fluttered open and she gazed at Jim who grunted as he threw one of her hands over his shoulder, one of his hands in her lower back to guide her back to the room.

He walked themselves over to the cabin, everyone was already sound asleep in their hammock.

He took Y/N over to hers and picked up her arm off of his, starting to guide her back down into the hammock.
He didn't have to do all the work as Y/N was half awake and could put herself in.

"Love you Jim" Jim she whispered croakily. Jim froze, only half her body was in the hammock.

"What?!" If he wasn't awake before he definitely was now. Or maybe he was just dreaming?

"You're such an amazing friend" she continued, she lifted her head to reach his chin, planting a peck just on the side of it, but close to the corner of his lip.

"Uh, no problem" Jim stammered. He didn't know where to go from here.

He opened his mouth to say something else but decided against it, he rubbing his neck awkwardly as he glanced back between Y/N and his own Hammock.

His stomach erupted with butterflies, her lips were so close to brushing his lips and his head was spinning.

"But where are my jar of beans?"

"Your jar of beans? What?"

"You took them.." she mumbled, turning around to the other side.

"Uh Sorry, 'bout that?. Um.. night" he stammered again, quickly walking off to his own hammock now.

He stared up at the ceiling. Eyes widened in shock.

What the hell just happened?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 74 8
~completed~ Set after the events of Treasure Planet from the POV of a teenage girl who works at the Benbow Inn. Jim flirts with her, but she doesn't...
190K 4.4K 25
This is a Jim Hawkins x Reader. (Y/n), niece of Captain Amelia, joins Jim Hawkins on the voyage to treasure planet. After a while (Y/n) begins to re...
54.6K 1.8K 18
Jim Hawkins x Reader [Treasure Planet] ... (Y/N) and Jim were like oil and water. No matter how many times y...
46.4K 2.3K 25
OneArtsyGamer03 here, lovelies... This is a republishing of 'I'm Still Here.' Wattpad deleted my account, so we are starting over from the ground up...